Find Out

Naeun's Diary

Taemin is tense up as he sit on three person couch with Korean design. He wanders his eyes to the entire room; there was an antique Korean multiple drawers which on its top there is a bonsai strives. He glimpse at paint of a big sunflower in front of him, a beautiful drawing, but it doesn’t match with the entire Korean decoration, what’s wrong with the decoration in this room?, he thought.

A middle age maid comes in with a glass of tea on the tray, while secretly steal a glance at him. She obviously smile and was caught by him.

“I’m sorry, it’s rarely a man come here, by the way are you perhaps Naeun’s boyfriend?”, she can’t hide her curiosity.

“De?”, he startled. But he answers her with awkward smile.

“Ehem…”, a fake cough was echoing in that room, she shocked a second and immediately turn her body, tried to escape.

Taemin stand up and slightly bow to him while he sits on his chair.

It’s already near 00.00 am but seems Taemin eyes don’t feel sleepy at all. A heater in the room really makes him sweat drop fell from his temple. His throat suddenly feels dry as he gulps hard.

He never imagines, Naeun’s father is a director of Dandook Hospital who he admires all this time. Many of his journals already he read. Even he is not a dentist but his contribution in medic is well known.

“I don’t know we will meet like this Lee Taemin, my daughter said she will work in the clinic but I don’t expect that she works for you”.

“I was shocked too, to know Naeun is your daughter”, he smiled.

“I’m glad then, she will learn more and improve her skill but how did you meet my daughter?”.

“Ah..Its long story Songsaengnim”, he starched his back hair.

 “Don’t feel nervous Taemin ssi, haha…We are not in hospital, you can comfortably talk with me”.

“De…Abonim”.

“Abonim? You can address me with that since I have same age with your father”.

“My father? How do you know him?”.

“We were studied at the same university. We were friend until your father started his crazies’ things toward science. Everyone lost contact with him when he moved to Incheon”.

Taemin don’t remember it at all because he was too young back then.

“Your father has not found yet, right? But I am glad that I got a chance to meet his son”.

“De, we are not hear any news until now and I am glad to meet you”.

 “Oh…Please drink your tea..”.

“De”, he raised the ceramic cup and gulped it.

“I think my daughter bother you for drove her back to house, later I will send a driver for her”.

“It doesn’t matter to me”.

They talk randomly about his experience as doctor and a leader of hospital. One hour has passed as they continuing chatting. Mr. Son is a talk active person when it comes to work and science as well as him. He enthusiastic listening every story. It reminds him to his father, yeah…Sometimes he misses a figure of dad.  

 

***

 

Naeun overheard from next room, feel the tense too. Naeun is fidgeting, a second she sit then she stand up, and start bite her nails while slowly peek at next room. Her Mom is suspicious her action.

“Why are you so nervous Naeunah?”, her mom sit beside her.

“Mom..”, she grabbed her hand and showed a sad expression.

“What happen darl?”, she questioned her action by caressed her left cheek.

“mmm…Mom, what will happen if Dad find out?”.

“Find out what?”.

“The truth is…I’m…”, inhale hardly, “I start dating with Taemin oppa since yesterday”.

She bites her lips as waiting for her Mom responses.

Mrs. Son widens her eyes, “from I look, I think your father like him too but I’m not sure he will like him as your boyfriend”.

She is sullen as she heard that.

Her Mom looks at her closely, “Do you really love him?”.

She nods.

“Since when you know him?”.

“Five years ago..But he didn’t notice me back then. He recognized me when I had chocked accident, he was who save me”.

“Really? Why were you not telling me about this before?”. Her mom exploded, she disappointed for herself not knowing her daughter current situation.

“I’m sorry Mom…”, she bent her head down.

She sighs, “It’s okay darl, I will ask this to your father”.

“No..Mom..”.

“Why? Aren’t You want dating comfortably with him?”.

“De, but I scare Mom. Dad always offense my decisions”, her eyes started glassy.

Mrs. Son raises her arms and reaches her shoulders. Naeun places her head to the crook of her Mom neck while her Mom her hair. “Calm down darl, Dad not always that bad and Taemin is a good man. Your father like him, if he is not, they would not talk until now”, she glanced the clock, it’s already 01.00 a.m.

“Do you think like that, Mom?”, she released the hug and facing her Mom face.

“Yes…”.

They stand up from their seat as they see a figure stares them.

“Oh..Yoebo”, Mrs. Son went to her husband side. “Lee Taemin is about to go back home now”.

Naeun glance at Taemin with worried face.

“I’m sorry for bother you all at this late night”, he bowed.

“Aniyo, I hope you can visit us here another time”, Mrs. Son said.

“De…Omonim”.

 

***

 

Taemin walks down the stairs as he leaves Naeun’s house. She followed him from behind, stares his back anxiety. They are remaining silent.

He opens the car’s door, paused a second, inhale deeply then he sit on driver seat. While he closes the door, she holds it.

“Oppa…”.

He looks her with cold eyes while he get off from his car. He is standing in front of her.

“I want to tell you about this, but…”. She stopped it as she looked his annoyed face.

Without waiting she complete her sentence, “What do you think I am?”, he her heart by said this.

“Huh? What do you mean by that?”, bewildered by sudden question.

“Ah…you can’t figure it out, right? Okay, since we just know each other for short time so I don’t know who you are, that was my mistake then”, he said with cold tone.

“Aniyo…that was me, I didn’t tell you before”, she hold his arm.

“I think you already heard this from Jinri, I am a poor guy, my life is not as easy as you, for reach at this state I sacrifice my youth and my happiness but why do you think I am a narrow minded? Do you think I will love you because of your status? Or perhaps you are afraid I will end up feel inferior to you?!”, spilled out his anger.

Her eyes is glassy while shakes her head, “Aniyo oppa…”.

“After all you got everything that you want easily, congratulation…you got me too. But your arrogances not suits with me, sorry”, he brushed out her hand from his arm and got in to his car.

“oppa…how can you said that?”.

 He holds his anger, “if we continue this conversation is not good for us”, he closed the door and turn on car’s machine, leaved her with teary eyes.

 

 

sorry for super late update,,,

Zaradeamor said to me, "so when you will update it? then perhaps tomorrow? or might next week or next month, lol". thank you for fix my grammar and my vocabulary (tomorrow incident).

hope you like it (but i doubt you will)

please comment about this chapter,,

Happy reading!!