Holding on

Naeun's Diary

 

“Ya, Jongin-ah… you said you didn’t have time to meet me but you still have a time to meet this stupid girl”, Taemin punched slightly his sister head.

“Aish oppa, I am not stupid!”, Soo Jung moan for pain that she felt and for called her stupid in front of the man that she loves.

“You two please stop arguing, we have a guest now. I am sorry Naeun, they always like this”, His Mom said. “Jongin-ah, have a seat please, I hope you’ll enjoy the meal”.

During dinner, Naeun and Jongin just exchange glance. Naeun really hope that she can make telepathies so she can tell Jongin for not disturb her relationship with Taemin. While Jongin hopes he can turn back the time, before he met Naeun in Taemin’s clinic, no…before Taemin meet Naeun, yeah, deep inside his heart, he prays that will happen.

Soo Jung breaks the silent, “Naeun Unnie, I’m glad that you finally came to our house, Oppa always being secretive about his private life, so I doubt he will officially introduce you as his girlfriend, right Omma?”.

By Soo Jung words, makes Jongin wakes up from his dream, he can’t deny the fact is she is Taemin’s girlfriend now and definitely he knows that Taemin loves her.

Naeun smiles, “Really? Well he even has the courage to meet my parent’s about couple days ago”.

Soo Jung startled as she drops her chopstick, “What?! Oppa, you’ve already met Naeun unnie’s parents?”.

“Yes…”, Taemin answer it with really short answer while continue eat his food.

His mom just listened without giving any comment. She knows really well that Taemin is matured enough to take a serious relationship.

“So…what was their reaction after they met you, Oppa?”, In Soo Jung’s mind is flooded with curiosity, she seems surprised to see their relationship already gone that far. “Are we gonna hear the wedding bell ring soon?”, she fixed her eyes on Taemin and Naeun, while expecting for the good answer.

Taemin and Naeun look at each other. They actually don’t know how to answer her question.

“hmm…can we just talk about this later, I wanna finish my food”, Taemin quickly end up their conversation. Then his phone suddenly ringing, he looks at his phone screen, unidentified name. He answers the call and suddenly knows the voice. Soo Jung folded her arms, attempting a straight face as she pouted.

Taemin stands up and moves to the corner.

 Naeun follows his moves with her eyes, curious about who’s the person calling him. And another person is being hurt even just throw a glance at her.

 

***

 

“Taeminah…Where are you?”, Sunhwa said.

“Oh…Noona, where do you got my phone number?”.

“Ya, I’m your senior, of course I have your data on our department administrative”.

“Ah…”, Taemin nodded.

“So, where are you? Are you already have a dinner?”.

“I’m at home, de…I’m on dinner, why?”

Sunhwa bit disappoint after she heard that, “It’s a pity, I want you join dinner with other fellow in our department”.

“I’m sorry Noona, maybe I will join in next time”.

“Okay..Make sure you will attend it, right?”.

“I promise Noona”.

“Sorry for disturb your dinner, Taeminah”

“Aniyo, Noona”.

“Okay then..Bye, see you tomorrow”.

“De…”.

Taemin end the call and back to his seat.

“Who is that?”, Soo Jung said with food still in .

Naeun anticipated with his answer by look intense at him.

“Sunhwa Noona”, Taemin said.

“Sunhwa Noona? That Noona who taught you when we’re in high school?”, Jongin excitingly guessing.

“De…”

Naeun feels she has heard that name before, “Is that Han Sunhwa sosaengnim?”, Naeun said to Taemin.

“Yes, she is my senior in oral surgery department; I met her today for the first time after she returns from England, she wants me to join dinner with the other fellow in our department”

Naeun nods quietly.

 

***

 

When Sunhwa end the call she is back to her seat.

“Why are you suddenly invite us to dinner here? It’s rarely”, Minho said to Suhwa.

“De, you should do this more frequently”, another man said to her.

“Because I have good mood today”, Sunhwa said while raise her glass.

“Oh..Should I pray, you always have good mood? So you will treat us like this”, another woman said.

She laughs but inside her heart she hopes Taemin was here.

Minho just takes a glance at her, her mood suddenly change after the phone call, he can guess she must call Taemin. Even she hides it with happy face he knows because they are friend for years. He thought she already forget her feeling to Taemin after she spend her study in England but today he knows, that feeling is still there or it comes back again after she saw him.

The thing that he can do is just shaking his head, he doesn’t want to reveal it to her that Taemin already has girlfriend, and she is her own fellow student. This secret will keep remain as secret until Naeun graduate because her father, director of Dandook Hospitals, wants to keep it secretly. He doesn’t want Naeun feels burden because of this, she already endure it because her father status, more hardly for her if everyone knows she has a relationship with her own teacher.

 

***

 

After dinner Naeun help Taemin’s Mom to wash the dishes with her.

“You don’t need to help me with this”, Taemin’s Mom said while she put the plate on its place.

“I can’t eat the delicious food for free, at least I can help you with this”, Naeun said.

His Mom with smiles said, “Thank you…”.

“Mm..Omonim, Actually, I never do this in my house, even I never cook before”.

Naeun confessed makes Taemin’s Mom paused from her activities. And look at her as she can’t believe this, “Ah..You are really a precious daughter, right?”, then she laughed.

Naeun wipes her hand on the towel after wash the dish then said, “But, Omonim, do you still like me even I can’t do that?”.

His Mom approaches her and holds her hand, she makes a serious face, “Every mother in this world has dreamed her daughter in law can do household tasks especially for cooking. I don’t want my precious son will get hungry and skinny”.

Naeun bends down her head.

His Mom raise Naeun’s chin, “but you can learn it, I will teach you to make Taemin’s favorite foods”.

Naeun smiles, “Thank you Omonim”.

“I guess my son will be the luckiest man in this world”, his Mom said.

Naeun confuses, “Why?”.

“Because he will be the first person who tasted your first food, and he will touched by your hardworking even it tasted bad”.

Naeun hugs his mother then they laugh together.

 

***

 

After dinner, Taemin and Jongin moves to the backyard, there is a small garden, fill with flowers, Taemin’s Mom hobby.  

They sit on the long wood chair while stare blankly into flowers.

“Do you know why flower is pretty?”, Taemin brook the silent.

“Not all flower are pretty dude”, Jongin said.

“Yeah…not all, but most of them are pretty right?”, Taemin said annoyingly.

 With straight tone Jongin said, “Yeah..Yeah..So what is the answer?”, he is too lazy to argue with him.

Taemin smiles, “Because it’s living”.

“What?”, Jongin can’t understand.

“If you pick them from its branch and keep it for yourself, they will be life for hours, after that they will be withered”, Taemin explained.

“So, you will let its living even other bees can approach them? Or maybe takeaway them from you?”, Jongin knew where this conversation will lead on but he want to know what is Taemin reaction if somebody get near to his ‘flower’.

Taemin is silent few second. He never calculated this possibility before, “That’s good question Jonginah. I don’t want to be wise here, if somebody approached my flower I will…angry or jealous, I don’t know. I must be careful, my over protectiveness towards her will harm her in the future, it’s bad for me and her”.

“Ya…We talk about flower here not Naeun”, Jongin tried to skip this topic, the more he dig deep the more he hurts.

“Oh..You right”, Taemin smiles but he can felt something bothered Jongin.

“Ehem…I don’t interrupt you guys right?”, Soo Jung bring them some fruits and tea.

“De…You interrupt us”, Taemin said to her while put apple in his mouth.

“Aiss…”, Soo Jung pouted then suddenly smiles while sit beside Jongin, “Oppa…Eat this”, she want to feed Jongin with apple and Jongin accept it while caress Soo Jung hair, “Thank you”.

Taemin looks at them, he knows his sister like Jongin since her reach her puberty, six years ago. At first he didn’t know it,  Soo Jung rejects all boys who confessed to her or she asked Taemin help to be a ‘scary oppa’, so that boys will moves back by their self. He thinks because he warned many times to her, study must come first beside love. Later he knew, his sister has crush with his best friend after he read her letter to Jongin while he was on Japan, two years ago. But he never asks to Jongin about this, he scares it will burden him.

“You don’t want to feed me?”, Taemin said to Soo Jung.

“You have Naeun unnie’s hand to feed you, oppa”, Soo Jung took another slice of apple to feed Jongin again. While he takes that coldly, he absolutely hates to hear that idea.

“Is somebody mentioned my name here?”, Naeun join them and sit beside Taemin while linking her arm with his.

Taemin is surprise with her sudden action.

“Oppa said, he wants Unnie to feed him”, Soo Jung said.

“Oh really? Oppa, why you never ask me?”, Naeun takes the apple, “Aaa…”, she brings the apple closer to his mouth. While he takes a half bite of it, Naeun suddenly takes another half of its, their lips touching, which made Taemin eyes wide open.

“Omo.. What are you two doing in front of my ity eyes!”, Soo Jung nearly shouted while cover her eyes with her hand.

In Jongin mind, “Are you really want to show off Son Naeun?”.

Naeun smiles shyly, “I’m sorry, Soo jung-ah, your brother is really cute, I can’t resist it”.

Soo Jung rolls her eyes, “Heol, okay…We will leave you two alone”, she said while pulled Jongin arm.

 

***

 

When Soo Jung and Jongin already left, Taemin look closely into Naeun face.

“Is that really you, Naeun?”, Taemin said jokingly.

“Why?”, Naeun said.

“Why do you do that?”.

“You don’t like it?”.

Taemin blinks his eyes, “Ngg…I like it but why do you do in front of them?”.

“To show them how much I love you”, Naeun said with intense eyes to him.

He smiles brightly until his cheekbones are showing and then says, “You’re really cute”.

She pouts then hits his arm, “How about you, Oppa?”.

“Me?”, he didn’t know the reason she ask him.

She sighs, “Ani…I feel like you treat me so cold sometimes, I’m afraid that you already lost your affection to me, why do you did that?”.

“I never lost my affection to you”, he said while held her hand, “Mm…”, he thinks to find a better words to explain, ”I just want to control myself”.

“Why can’t you just be honest to me?”, Naeun said confusingly.

He combs his bang to back then touch his neck, “Sorry sweetheart, It’s embarrassing to say”. How can he able say to Naeun when she close to him he become greedy, want more than kiss or hug.

Naeun pursed her eyebrow, “I still don’t understand”.

“So let it be…”, he covered his embarrass face by took a sip of tea.

Naeun pouted while crossing her hand and starts looking away from him.

Taemin put his cup, “Aigoo, why are you become cuter every day?”, he said while pinching her chubby cheek.

“It hurts you know?”, Naeun said while caressing her cheek with annoying face.

Taemin cups her face and kiss her lips, when Naeun tried to open , she wants his deep kiss, Taemin pulls himself from kiss while Naeun still in dreamy eyes. She opens her eyes, she felt little bit disappointed. He caresses her cheeks, “Is it hurt sweetie? Let me heal it”, he slowly lean in to kiss her cheek.

Naeun blinks her eyes couple times as she confuses with his action, “Oppa, Do you want other guy to make a proper kiss for me?” Naeun sarcastically ask him.

“Yaaa Naeun-ah!” Taemin yells at her when he feels her question is really teasing his patient. Naeun gets a bit shock to see him yelling in front of her.

“Why are you yelling at me?”.

“Aniya…”, Taemin little panic when Naeun slowly stood up from the chair, as she about to leave him. But Taemin was fast, he quickly grab her hand and pull her into his embrace which makes her sit on his lap. To make her feel better, he just ends up kissing her seductively.

When they parted their ways on a kiss, Taemin whisper softly into her ears “Sorry sweetheart, I don’t mean to yell at you… and please don’t tease me with that question again, I hate it”

Naeun slowly nodded while kissing his forehead.

 

***

 

When Taemin drives her back to her house, Naeun have a mind full of thoughts to tell him about Jongin. She doesn’t want Taemin gives her the same reaction when he knew about her father. She keeps wondering while playing around with Taemin’s fingers.

Taemin takes a glance at her, “What are you thinking about?”.

“Oh..”, she startled as she wakes from her thoughts.

“Err…Oppa, since when you know Jongin-ssi?”, Naeun said.

“Since we were in high school, why?”.

“Ani, I’m just curious, It seems like you’re really close to each other even with Soo Jung and your Mom”.

“Of course we are close; he is just like my family. And we have so many similarities, when I look at him it’s like I facing myself in the mirror”.

“I’m envy…”

“Oh…why?”, he surprised with Naeun’s reaction.

“Mm…Do you like me or Jongin-ssi?”

Taemin stops his car on the side of road. He looks at Naeun, “Why do you ask that question?”

“If you have to choose, what is your choice? Me or Jongin-sshi?”

 


 

Sorry for late update :)

Credit to Zaradeamor for editing my grammar and spelling plus add some of scene in this chapter.

Have your question already answered with this chapter?

That's why I put another question, hehe, so what will Taemin answer? Naeun or Jongin.

 

Hope you like it :)

Happy reading!