Fathers

Naeun's Diary

25 january 2013,,

It’s a quite long time I ever write a piece of trash on this, yeah.. trash because this my garbage to explode my thought. Being such an introvert girl who find her love in unpredictable time, it’s something that you dreamed of right?  “How could you able to find one when you never open your heart to anyone?”, Sulli said to me. It’s already open when the first time I saw him on the most memorable December night. After five years I met him again, because of fate, urgh.. I know it sounds cliché like drama but it happened to me and now I am his girlfriend.

Oh My God, I’m his girlfriend; I want to bold that sentence to show you how happy I am. I experienced my amazing first kiss with someone that only appears in my dream in past five year. The first men who kiss my cheek and say he love me. The only man who leaned like a child and cried on my crook,who to told me how he misses his Dad. Grasp my hand and hug me in very manly as he never release it. And almost my first time I spend it with him, I never regret it even in sad or happy thing. 

But there is one thing I’m afraid the most, I scare my greed over him will not stop. i want him, all of him, it’s like drug and I already addicted. And I give him all of mine, “you don’t have to give all of you to him, he even not your husband?”, Sulli said.  Maybe she got tired cause we always hide under her name when the moment we spend night together. One day she might scolding me, “when you two wanna get married?!”.

Marriage is something that I always dream of and he already in it but I don’t know about him. He has a long road to reach his ambition, carrier and also his family that had to support, and I don’t even want burden him with this greeds. I will patiently wait until he ready to be fully mine, but I don’t know when.

 

-Sunflower-

 

Naeun stops from typing as her sister knocks her bedroom, “Unnie, your boyfriend is here”.

Naeun grins ear to ear as she climb down the stair happily.

“Aigoo, why you get so high-spirited Unnie?”, Saeun said as she follow her from behind.

“if you have boyfriend you will feel the same thing like me”, Naeun said as she search Taemin figure, “but, where is he?”.

“The Bad news is Unnie boyfriend has date with Dad”, Saeun gestured to back yard direction.

“What?! How could he not meet up with me first instead of Dad”, Naeun scooted as she fold her hand to back yard.

“Daddy!”, Naeun said angrily as she put her hand on her waist.

“Oh..Naeunah Annyong!”, Taemin took a glance on her a second then focus in chess board.

Naeun’s father take his white knight to make a move.

“Oh, No..Sir, I think you take wrong moves”, Taemin smiles as he took white knight.

“Damn!”.

They seriously play as they ignored Naeun, she walks out angrily and leave them. “Mom, Just look at Daddy…”.

“Why?”, Her Mom said while who preparing some tea,

“how could Daddy did this to me?”

“What is he doing?”

“he plays chess with Taemin Oppa”

“Let him be, he doesn’t have a son to play with, aren’t three of us hate that game right?”, Naeun’s Mom referred to her and her daughter.

“but, Taemin oppa came here to meet me, do you know how long Daddy will spend with him, it will take several hour, Mom”.

Her Mom just smiles and pats her hair then she bring trays full of tea and snack for them.

Naeun with her crankiness get in her bedroom.

As Naeun’s prediction they plays from backyard to her father workplace room until the sun nearly down, chatter something about this and that book. For Taemin spend time like this with Naeun’s father is not really burden him, he likes it, he got father vibe that he miss the most.

“better you see Naeun first before you leave soon”, her Mom said to Taemin.

“Yes, sure, thanks Omonim”.

Her Mom give him direction where Naeun room is“, her room at first door on the left after you climb up the staircase”.

After he reach second floor, he can see the door which hanging Naeun tag name on it. he knocks it but she doesn’t answer it, he knocks it again, but it silent. He tries to hold the handle and open it, Thank God that Naeun didn’t even lock it.

He steps in Naeun bedroom which larger than his room. This is first time he entering her bedroom, it fascinated him which it design modernly with great furniture. There is a sofa fit with three people crossed to her drawing corner and an easel standing near with unfinished sketch. He steps two levels and find her bed with massy purple blanket which is crossed with TV installment.

“Where is she?”, as he wondered his eyes around to find her.

He sit on her bed as he stares at her iPad on short table, he sits on her fur carpet and peek it, when he about to open it, Naeun who just come out from bathroom shouts, “Oppa!”.

Naeun runs as she can and tries to grabs her iPad from Taemin. She is panting as she stares him with horror looks.

“Why you’re tring so hard to hide it from me? Come on, let me see that”, Taemin immediately stand as he tries to steal it, but he more distracted with Naeun’s wet hair and her y curve body which she only  cover it with towel. Barely show her petite leg and her showing up a little.

“No, Oppa, there is nothing special you can see here”, she hide her it on her back.

“if its nothing, then you don’t need to protect it this much”, he sneaked his hand on her back and forcedly took it from her. Taemin raise his hand to avoid it from Naeun’s scope which makes her jump a little as she want to steal it from Taemin hand, “Oppa…please…”.

When she did that, she slips and falls on Taemin as they laying down the bed.

They stare few second, “in this situation, do you know what I am thinking?”

Naeun nervously answer, “what are you thinking?”.

He lifts his head as he make closer to her ear, “to make your towel lying on the floor”. He burst into laugh as he can see Naeun face become red.

“Oppa!”, Naeun punched his stomach as she lifted her body from him then take away her iPad.

“wait, where do you wanna go?”, he grabbed her hand as she want to walk away from him.

“to dress properly before you have ert thought, byuntaemin”.

He laughs as he releases her hand.

 

***

 

Taemin stares her painting closely, “since when you starts painting?”, as Naeun move near to him with small towel cover her hair.

“hmm…when I am six grade, I don’t know exactly”.

“really?”, he moves to the couch and take a seat followed by Naeun. “your painting is beautiful, ah…I remember, the sunflower paint on living room, made by you right?”

“how do you know?”, she is amazedly he can guest it.

“the signature on the below of picture”, he pointed the left corner of her paints.

“uu…you have hawk eyes Oppa”.

He winks his right eyes which makes Naeun laugh out load. Then she rests her head on his shoulder, “Actually I’m Jealous with Dad”.

“Why?”

“He steals your attention from me”

He lifts her head as he cups it, then he kiss her lips softly.

“Do you think it will solve with a kiss?”, Naeun still pouted.

“No, but it will make you feel better”, he smiled, “as you know, I didn’t just play for nothing with your Dad”.

Naeun stares him confusingly. he leans closer as he whisper to her.

She makes shock face as she shouts, “really? Is that easy?”.

Taemin nods, “yeah…that easy”.

“Whoa..”, Naeun covered .

Taemin spread his arms then she hugs him tight, “I love you…love you Oppa”.

She kisses him several times to shows how happy she is.

“You said you will go at next weekend right?”

She answer with nods enthusiastically, “Can you come with me, Oppa?”.

“Hmn..I don’t think I able to go, I have another plan”.

“What plan? Date with someone else?”, Naeun seriously asked.

“Yeah”, he nodded, “Date with a woman named Son Naeun”, he tricked her.

“You scare me”, she hit his chest.

 “But your Dad just knows we go for vacation, along with Saeun and Soo Jung”.

“Soo Jung comes too?”, Naeun voice become soft.

“Why? Are you uncomfortable with her?”

“No, but yeah, I still feel bad for her, do you think she still angry with me?”, coincidently,  Naeun met Soo Jung once at Jun Myeon café after her knew Jongin has crush on Naeun. They were awkwardly greeting as Jun Myeon forcedly make them seat in one table.

“No, she is not angry with you”.

“Really?”

Taemin nods to give her assurance. “I must go now, before your parent suspicious us”, he said when he move from the seat.

“Why so fast?”, Naeun seems upset because she didn’t have much time with him.

Taemin cups her face and slightly pinch her cheek, “you are cute when you pouted like this”.

“Do you want to spend dinner here?”

“I want to, but I have dinner with Mom and Soo Jung, Mom said there will be guest at our house”, he peeked at his wrist watch, “this almost the time”.

“Ahrasso”, she hugged him tight as she buries her face on his shoulder, “I will miss you”.

 “I will miss you so much”, he responded with his arm around her waist. Before he release her, he kiss the side of her neck, move to her jaw through the corner of her lips which makes Naeun close her eyes as pleasure that he gave. Kiss the top and bottom her lips simultaneously as Naeun capture his lips and nibble his bottom lips. He smiles between the kiss as he can feel Naeun want more. He moves his hand to the side her neck as he leans in to kiss passionately on her lips.

After several minutes kissing, Taemin rest his forehead on hers, look her closely who still close her eyes with swallow lips. Taemin kiss both of her eyes then she slowly opens it. She blinking softly as says, “Love you”.

He perks her lips again, “love you too”.

 

***

 

Taemin drives his car to his house, but before that he visits cake shop near his house first, her Mom asked him to buy some cake. He keeps wondering who might be the guest is until she prepares this much.

When he reach his house he straight to kitchen to find her Mom. he looks at dining table already full of food, “Who is the guest Mom?”, he said.

“Later you will know, I will change my clothes first, please keep eye on this”, his Mom said as she runs to her bedroom.

While Taemin stirred the soup Soo Jung approach him and take over it from his hand, “Oppa just went from Naeun’s unnie house right?”.

“Oh..Yeah”

“Saeun told me she got approval from her Dad to go to Jeju”.

“Ah…really?”, he nodded as he never know anything while continue eat banana.

“Don’t pretend  Oppa, I know you involve in this case, Saeun told me everything”.

“De…De…I’m the one who asked her Dad for permission”.

Soo Jung looked at him with serious face, “I don’t know what to do with you” she sighed.

“Why with that expression?”.

“I think it’s better you are not involved in their problem, if Saeun’s Dad find out, will he forgive them? Especially you, Oppa”.

Taemin already predict that possibilities before, “he will, he is a good father”, but he not sure at all, he just followed his intuition.

It’s fascinated her to know her brother that close with Naeun’s Dad, they just know each other about one month. She turn off the stove and turn, “Oppa, seriously, the way you describe her father makes me goose bum, are you really have that serious relationship with her?”.

“Why? Do you think I’m just playing around with her?”.

“No, it’s not like that, you already close with her family”.

“What’s wrong with that?”

“Nothing wrong, it seems like you about to plan to marry her soon”

Their conversation is interrupted by ringing bell. They look each other, “Mom, The guest is here”, Soo Jung shouted as she went to front door and open the door. She saw an old man bring a bouquet of lily, step in the house which welcomed by her Mom. Soo Jung stands confusingly, Don’t tell me, he is Mom’s boyfriend, from her Mom expression, she can guest, he is not an ordinary person. Smiles hanging on her face with nice dress, too much for dinner, and lipstick? Since when Mom wears it at home? She thought, her Mom tasted is not bad, he still looks handsome even he already old, fifty, she guest his age.

Meanwhile for Taemin, It’s like slow movie playing in his mind, nonchalantly as the door starts to open. One by one memory strikes his brain, running like film alternate from one scene to another, happiest moment and the saddest memory. He stuns as they look each other, frozen with the past that can’t be return.

Taemin back to his sense as Soo Jung pokes his arm, “Oppa…”.

“How are you Taemin?”, that old man said with his smiles.

“Oppa knew this Ahjussi?”, Soo Jung asked Taemin.

“Of course I knew, let me introduce him, he is our Dad”

“Dad?”, that is strange words for her, no single memories in her head she calls that words in her life. All this time, Taemin replace father’s role. She is too young to remember all of that or that memory she wipes without her knowing, so she doesn’t recognized him.

 

***

The atmosphere of their dinner cold like ice, their mom tries making simply conversation between them, but only Soo Jung who responds it. Taemin just concentrate with his food, not because he is hungry but his mind in war now, waiting to explode.

His Dad tells about he travels around the world and doing many researches. He talks about his experience climbed Himalaya Mountain only to get rare herbal. Work from one laboratory to another and now he has eight laboratories under his name in many countries. He current stays is in London now, it’s been ten years he never back to Korea.

“So why do you come back?”, Taemin finally spoke up.

He put his chopstick and wipes his mouth with napkin, “it’s maybe hard for you, Taemin”.

“I don’t want your sympathy, we are so happy without you.”

“Taemin! You should not talk like that”, his Mom shouted, she worried this situation will happen, but she didn’t want her children thought that their father already dead, he still alive. Mr. Lee holds her hand to make her calm.

“I don’t have intention to ruin your life; after all I will back to London tomorrow”.

Taemin smirks, “alright, I hope I never see you again”. He leaves them and takes his car’s key with him. He thinks he can’t stand there for any longer.

He drives to no where, he doesn’t know where place to go. His phone ringing times to time, from his mother and Soo Jung, he is lazy to pick it up.

 

***

“Hello…”

“Are you sleeping now?”

“I’m about to sleep, why Oppa?”

Taemin doesn’t answer it, and remaining silent.

Naeun lift her body from her bed, “Oppa…are you okay?”, she worried.

Like telepathy, they communicate without word. Naeun can felt something happen but she waits him to tell her first.

After a while he says, “Naeunah…”

“Hmm…”

“Just feel to call your name”

“Naeunah…”, he called her name again.

“De Oppa…”

“I miss you”

“We just met three hours ago, Oppa”

“I miss you… I need you”, Taemin voice seems shutters.

She definitely sure something wrong happen, the way he speaks is different, “Oppa…where are you?”

“Me? Oh..Hmm, I’m in front of your house”.

Without thinking she runs out from her room and go to outside, she sees his car which parks at the right side of her house. She is calmed her breath as she walks slowly approaches his car.

When Taemin looks her figure from side mirror, he came out from the car, before say anything he suddenly hug her, tightly, hide his face on her crook.

“Are you okay Oppa?”,

“No, I’m not…”

They stayed hugged for several minutes later before Naeun suddenly broke their silent.

“Let me see your face”, as Naeun gently pulled herself a bit from the hug to see his face closer.

Taemin didn’t say anything, he just staring at her with sad face written on his face. He tried so hard not to look so weak in front of her.

“Whatever you feel about, I need you to know that I will stick with you through thick and thin, no matter how hard things get, I will stay by your side and always be with you”.

She smiles at him as she started to tip toe her feet slightly to kiss his forehead.

“Thank you..”, Taemin murmured as he slowly hugging her like he’ll never let go, like his life depended on that hug and Naeun just let him because she want to give him comfort and at the same time be comforted herself that everything is okay.

 


 

Sorry for super duper late update.

Credit to Zaradeamor who fix my gramatical and spelling. And for the very last part is belong to her.

Hope you like it.

Happy reading Chingudeul!

Have a nice Sunday ^^