Old Friend

Naeun's Diary

4 days later

“So, what were you two doing in that small room?”, Jinri tried her best to hold her laugh, she can’t imagine her plan will success like this.

“Mm…just like another couple”, Naeun said shyly as she walks fast in front of her.

Jinri follow her and stops her by twined her shoulder. She makes close to Naeun ear, “were you doing it with him?”.

“it what?”, Naeun said confusingly.

Jinri roll her eyes, “!”.

Naeun gives Jinri a big glare, “Ya!”, she pat hardly her arm as her moan hurtled.

“It’s hurt you know…”, Jinri  protested while caress her arm.

“You deserve that because you think the weird things”.

“You are the weird one, its common thing for a couple; I did it too with Minho oppa”.

“How could you say casually about that?”.

“aigoo…we are an adult now dear, stop act innocent, actually you want it too right?”, jinri gave her devil smiles.

Naeun face become red while shout, “No..”, she shook her head, tried to hide her real feeling, she bit lie about that.

But Naeun hesitant a second as she ask Jinri, “Do you… think he want it too?”

 Jinri laughs, “Listen to me miss super innocent; all men are same when they come to this issue, don’t provoke them when you are not ready. He is a healthy and normal man and he was with the woman that he loves, how could you not think he didn’t want it? He is not a gay, right?”

“No, he is a perfect normal man”.

“Poor Taemin ssi, how could he can hold his desire when he slept with a goddess like you?”, Jinri scanned Naeun figure from head to toe, “ Salute for him”, she shook her head as she can believe.

“Why are you saying things like that? It’s sound like I’m a bad one”, Naeun felt uneasy, its look like she made a big mistake.

“yes…you are. But speak about him, your ice prince already surrounds by girls on his first day works, Congratulation dear, you’ve got many competitors”, Jinri said as she pointed a crowd just a few meters upfront them.

Naeun sighs as she bends her head down.

Jinri pokes her waist, “Ya…he isn’t easy waved by girls. It’s okay, he loves you. Get rid that gloomy face”.

They see Taemin walks into their direction as Jinri waves her hand to him and Naeun gives her bright smile but Taemin just give them a second glance and pass them by. Jinri feels being ignored by him as she said, “What happen with him? It’s look like we don’t know each other”.

Naeun smiles bitterly, “maybe he didn’t notice us”.

“How could?! He exactly looks at us”.

Naeun lift her shoulder to show she has no idea why he was being like that.

 She feels Taemin little bit cold to her these day. After he met Naeun father, everything seemed alright. He had lunch together with her parents. His expression was happy and her father looked fine with their relationship. Naeun don’t want over think about that so she just keep it in herself.

 

***

 

Taemin is introducing herself as a lecture and take specialist in department Oral Surgery. The students and the other dentists greet him gladly as mostly of them are women because this major is also familiar with more women population in it, randomly find men here, no wonder Taemin, a young and handsome dentist got exaggerate greeting from them.

Naeun is sulking in the crowd as she doesn’t like Taemin got a lot attention.

“Are you jealous?”, Jinri stood beside him as she saw her friend pouted.

“No…he deserves that attention, but why I feel annoyed?”.  Naeun walks out from the crowd and goes to her dental unit.

Jinri follows her from behind, “Naeunah…wait me!”.

 

***

 

She looks at on board; her name was place on Taemin draft together with Jinri. That means for entire week they are under Taemin supervision.

She smiles eagerly as Jinri teases her, “you are lucky because you are his girl…”, Naeun  close Jinri’s mouth with her hand.

“Don’t say that too loud, I don’t want people misunderstand us”.

“Okay”, Jinri said hoarsely. “You are lucky because you are his beep”, she censored it by herself who made Naeun laugh at that, “which me, just a student in his eyes, he will not easy to me”.

“Why?”, Naeun said.

“As I said before, he is a cold hearted when it comes to work. He is perfectionist, he doesn’t tolerate any mistake, he looks like Miss Han guy version”.

Naeun confidently said, “I don’t believe you, he always be kind to me”

An hour later

“Follow me..”, Taemin said coldly as he instructed Naeun to follow him in lecture room, that room has big reflective glass that every lecture can watch them freely without look obviously, people on the outside can’t see in but they can.

Taemin scolds Naeun, “how you can’t properly anamneses1 patient! Do you know why that woman has big red swollen after you injection? And her peripheral artery2 on her cheek, you don’t see it?”.    

“I am sorry sosaengnim, maybe I was wrong at steps of…”, Naeun look down, feel guilty with the patient and she thinks she is the most stupid doctor.

“Lift your head…”, Taemin said.

Naeun lift her head but still scared to look at his eyes.

“I told you, you are not properly anamneses patient, that’s important for establish your diagnose which determine your treatment, ask your patient, is she on menstruation?!”.

Naeun come out and run to her dental unit.

“Naeunah…are you okay?”, Jinri asked her while she saw her panic  face after out from that room. But she doesn’t answer her.

Naeun asks her patient, “Miss, are you in your period?”.

“de..this is on my second day”, Naeun taps her head as she knows her mistake.

She returns back to lecturer room and report it to Taemin, “yes, sosaengnim, she is on her period”.

“do you know what’s your mistake?!”.

“yes…”.

“do you know what will happen if you continue extraction her teeth?”.

“her blood will not stop and…”.

“I want you to give her medicine and postpone the extraction”.

“yes sosaengnim…”, She bowed deep as she felt miserable.

 

                                                                           ***

 

Naeun lazily pick her food, she feels ashamed, how could she make mistake in front of Taemin.

Jinri puts her try of food on the table and sit in front of her, “don’t be sad dear, everyone has mistake, we are a student, need study more right?”.

“That’s not simple mistake Jinriah…I almost make my patient collapse because run of much blood, and I did it in front of him, what kinda girlfriend am I?!”.

“And it didn’t happen, right? So take it easy, take this as a lesson. But I was surprised to know that he able to scold you, even mostly our lecturer here looks you as director’s daughter”.

“I’m glad he did that. That was a fatal mistake. I am here as his student not his girlfriend”.

“That’s true, so take it as a lecture scolded his student, it’s normal…cheer up dear! Don’t just stare that food, eat it”.

While she feed with a spoon of rice, a vibrate sound come from her phone, she looks a message pop out,

I will be late this afternoon, many tasks that I need to do in hospital before, you can come to my practice at 6 p.m. and…sorry for earlier, you know I don’t mean it, right?

She smiles and drops her spoon and text him back

Yes, I know…I’ll be there on 6 p.m and… love you <3

She continues eating happily as she sends her reply.

“Was that from him?”, Jinri asked her which she can guess correctly it was from Taemin. He is the only person who makes her smile brightly.

Naeun nods.

“What did he say?”.

“He said he will late to come to clinic and he apologized for scolded me”.

“And you forgive him?”.

“You know the answer Jinriah…”.

 Jinri rolled her eyes, “he got you dear”.

Naeun responds her with smile. After lunch she peek her phone again and bites her lips, “why he doesn’t reply my message? Is he that busy?”.

 

***

 

While Taemin doing his final preparation for the case presentation for tomorrow on his laptop, suddenly a woman approached him. A woman with beautiful long black hair sit in front of him, she wears same uniform with him with a badge hang on it left side, Oral maxillofacial surgery department, Sunhwa Han, FDSRCS3.

Which in front of him there are many thick book so he didn’t notice her appearance.

She makes fake cough to distract his attention, “ehem..”.

But he doesn’t hear and still continue push his keyboard.

She stands and walks over to stand beside him then end up slapping his head, “Ya! Where is your gratitude to your senior! Stand up!”.

Taemin immediately stands and turn behind as he gives her a deep bow, “I am sorry sunbaenim”.

She smiles as she satisfied by his action, “lift up your head!”.

He lifts up his head and got a shock as he surprises after see her. “Noona!”.

“Long time no see Taeminah”, she said as she waved her hand with bright smile.

 

***

 

Naeun decide come to clinic earlier, from hospitals she directly goes there. After she reaches his room then takes a nap in his rest room while waiting for him. She set an alarm on her phone at 5 p.m.

She laid her head on his pillow, “hmm…his smell”, she drift asleep deeply.

After an hour she woke up from her nap when her alarm rings. She brushes her eyes and look around blankly.

Quite.

She rise up from the couch and walks to the door.

She slowly holds the door handles to open the door but she stops.  She heard a foot step sound from outside, she smiles as she guesses that is Taemin.

That footsteps slowly walk approached that door. While it slowly open, Naeun shouts as she embraces him, “oppa!”. She hugs him tight as she realizes one thing, “did you change your perfume?” she said as she released from the hug.

She widens her eyes as she looks a familiar person in front of her.

She shuttered as she pointed her fingers at him, “why..When..you..”.

 

 

Footnote:

  1. Anamneses or medical history of patient is information gained by a physician (one of example: doctor) by asking specific questions either of the patient or of other people who know the person and can give suitable information, with the aim of obtaining information useful in formulating a diagnosis and providing medical care to the patient.
  2. Peripheral artery is one of peripheral vascular which place not in chest or abdomen (i.e in the arms, hand, legs, face, and feet).
  3. FDSRCS (Fellowship in Dental Surgery of Royal College of Surgeon of England). That letter place after the specialist’s name mean that the specialist’s education and training, professional qualification and competence have passed a rigorous evaluation and have been found to be consistent with high standards established and demanded by the college.

 

 

 

 

 

for my fellow reader, sorry for late update.

this chapter seems less of taeun romantic scene. and the something that you want to know eagerly about Naeun's father reaction, I didn't explained too detailed. but hope you like this chapter :)

credit to Zaradeamor for fix my grammar and spelling.

Please comment about this chapter^^