Give Up or Not

Naeun's Diary

“Taeminah..”, his Mom invaded to his bedroom, tried to woke up her son.

“mmhh..”, he covered his face with blanket as her mother opened the curtain.

“Ya…Wake up”, she tapped his hard.

“auch…omma! Today is holiday”. He frowns with annoyance face.

“There is no different to me, wake up..”, she pulled up his hand until he stood up.

He walks lazily out from his room with eyes still close and lay on the floor. Her sister out from her room too but she little dizzy, so she step up Taemin’s leg and she fall.

“Aarrgh!”, he shout while he brushed his leg.

“Oppaa..Why do you sleep on the floor!”.

“Why do you step up my leg?”.

“Because oppa slept on the floor!”.

“That’s all your fault, who told you…”, she closed his mouth with her hand, she didn’t want her mom know her a little drunk last night.

“Ahrasso…mianhe oppa”, she gave him a deep bowed.

“Aigoo…good girl”, he patted her head.

“Breakfast are already!”, his mom came out from the kitchen with plate of food in her hand.

While they are eating, her mom ask him, “what are you doing last night on that party?”.

“Huh…mm…just talk, drink and eat”, he took a slice of meat and said as he chewed it.

“Really? Why there was a lipstick stain in your shirt?”, he choked.

“Is it true omma?”, his sister felt curious too.

“ngg…red stain near shirt collar”, his mother squinted her eyes to him.

“uuuuu…why do you never talked about your girlfriend oppa?”, his sister tried to mocked him.

“She is not my girlfriend, and that was an accident”. He explained with flat tone. He still can’t believe, why he always meet that girl recently. He thought, she really troublesome.  

“cchh…nice covered it with accident”, his sister said with sarcastic tone.

“Whatever…”.

“I’m okay if she is your girlfriend, I never look you bring your girlfriend here”, his mother complained.

“Omma…your son is never had girlfriend, with his character…impossible”.

“Why? After all with this character I am still loved by woman”, Taemin said with arrogances.

“Narcissi…yeah..They are step back when they know your personalities”, her sister said.

“The entire girls just need a kind man”.

He is stop eating, “kind man…I never see that person is kind and you still love him”, he referred to his father.

“Oppa…!”.

“I am finish”, he walked to his room.

“Omma…are you okay?”.

“It’s okay. He is the type who can’t hold his tempered, I think he still mad at me”.

“aniya..He loves you and he didn’t want you get hurt”.

His mother smiles, “I know”, she said as she caressed her daughter hair.

When his mother and sister clean the plate and glass after their breakfast, Taemin is out from his room. “I am going..”.

His mother shouts, “Where?”, but before he can answers it, he already out from house.

 

***

 

When she walks, she remember her conversation with Jinri last night.

“That’s a good chance Naeunah, why you don’t grab it?”. Naeun told Jinri she got offered from Eunji to be Taemin’s assistance.

“There a lot of worry in my mind, I think I can’t face him anymore”.

“But you can’t avoid him forever, after all he will be our lecture”.

“As you can see…he completely hates me”.

“He acts like that to every woman”.

“No, he already has girlfriend”.

“How do you know?”

“When we fetched Saeun, I saw him…with a girl…she told him she loves him…and…he piggybacked her”.

“So that’s why you cried?”.

“I don’t know…”.

“Are you jealous?”

“No….but yes”.

“huh…you can’t deal with this, so what you gonna do if you look him hold other girl hand or you caught him kiss somebody, are you gonna die? Are you sure that girl is his girlfriend?”.

She shook her head.

“Don’t rush to make decision, Naeunah..”.

“I give up”.

“Stupid. How can be love just like that? Love must be told. How can you give up for the thing that you haven’t started yet?”

“I am afraid, afraid he doesn’t love me back, and my pride is high”.

“There is no pride when it come love dear, but what do you do now? Do you regret it?”.

“I don’t know”.

Jinri sigh, “Okay, this is my opinion and I don’t want push you to do it. If you love him, show it to him. If you think you can ignore your feeling, but I am not sure you are able to do this, just forget him and don’t ever cry over him again, can you do it?”.

Naeun is zoning out situation when she arrive in her destination. “Are this place is open when holiday?” She tries to push the glass door, “ah..it doesn’t locked”.

She enters the clinic but she can’t find anybody, “stupid Naeun, this is Christmas day, do you think somebody will work at this day? But why this place is unlock?”, she mumbled to herself.

There is a compressor sound on second floor. She climbs the stairs and find one room with the light is on. She slightly opens it and she finds a guy with mask stand near dental chair and she knows who he is.

He looks at her direction, “why are you here? Are you start your job today?”.

“Oh…”, she bewildered, her original plan was refused the offered, she thought, it would be rude if she reject them by phone.

“Come in..”,

She enters shyly and confuses what she must to do.

He lowered his mask and smirk, stares her intensely, “take off your coat and wear that”, he pointed the mask and gloves, “but before that…”.

“I wash my hand first”, Naeun completed his sentence.

He nods and fixes his mask into right position, go to Lab room and keep doing what he did.

She approach him while he is fixing a broken denture, “how can you fix that?”, she said as she looked at the denture was brook into half.

“This is something that you can’t learn in university”.

“Why do you don’t take a new impression?”.

He chuckle, “there is a shortcut why I must waste my energy and material for that”.

She nods, “its look like you are doing reline1”.

“Yeah”.

Naeun looks at him with admiringly face, her eyes are sparkling and she smile happily behind her mask. It makes Taemin uncomfortable with her glance.

“Better you accompany that grandmother, I bet she get bored”.

 “Oh..Okay”, she leaved him at laboratory room and approached a grandmother in dental chair.

“Annyonghaseyo..Halmeoni”,

“Aigoo..Who is the pretty lady? I never saw you before”.

“I am new assistance here, I am Son Naeun”.

“aigoo, it’s better you search a different place”.

“Oh..Why halmeoni?”.

“His character is bad, do you know he already fire three nurses”.

“I am listening halmeoni..”, Taemin shouted from lab room.

Naeun smiles, she thought, is he really that bad?

“Do you want to know a secret to win his heart?”, she lowered her voice.

“Oh..De…”, Naeun thought, this grandmother is funny. Of course she wants to know.

“First…you must be pretty, like me…hahaha”.

“hehehe…”, in her mind, are this halmeoni teasing me?.

“He is a kind child and he is professional when it comes to his job. He is quite reserved. He doesn’t get a long with somebody he didn’t know so that’s why he looks like cold person. If you want win his heart, approach him with truthfully”.

“Why did you say that to me?”

“Because you want to know…”

“Oh…De..Thank you halmeoni“.

“What are you talking about?”, Taemin approached them with denture that already fixed.

“I am talking bad about you”.

“Ah..Really, are you still can talk without your teeth?”, he teased that halmeoni.

“Did you see? He is this kind of guy, are you still like him?”. She said to Naeun. Naeun seems shocked with sudden question.

Taemin takes a glance to Naeun, he can see she is uncomfortable with it.

“Are you jealous because she prettier than you, halmeoni?”, Taemin said frankly.

Naeun cheeks are blushing, thanks to the mask for covered it, she thought, “is he said I am pretty?”, but her smile fade, “of course I am prettier than halmeoni, wake up Son Naeun”, she shook her head and blinked her eyes.

“De…I am afraid you don’t want to look at me again, hahaha”.

“Hahaha…Ahrasso, this is your teeth”, he handed her a mirror so she can wore it by herself.

 “How is it? Is it comfortable?”.

“De… thank you”, she said with bright smile.

“Be careful.  Don’t try to sit on it”.

“I didn’t do it on purpose”.

She turn off from dental chair, “sorry for disturb you in such Christmas day”.

“I am okay with that”.

“Nice to meet you, beautiful lady”.

“Nice to meet you too halmeoni, be careful on your way”.

“You pretty close with that halmeoni”, Naeun said while she helped him to clean the dental chair.

“She was my neighborhood before”.

“ngg..”, she nodded.

They are silent again.

After finish cleaning, Taemin say to her, “you can back home”.

“Do you haven’t the other patient?”.

“No, today is free day, I don’t receive another appointment”.

“mmm…okay”.

Taemin go out from his room followed by Naeun from behind. While staring his back, Naeun thought, it will be nice she can spend her time with him longer. “What happen to me? A while ago I was give up and promised to ignore him forever, but what is this, a moment I saw him, everything was vanish, am I can’t get over this?”, she mumbled with her mind.

When Taemin lock the clinic and walk to his car, Naeun stopped him by hold his arm.

He turns back, “what?”.

“mm…can we have a cup of coffee somewhere?”, in Naeun mind, “Son Naeun, you must be crazy?”.

 

 

 

 

1. Reline is add material to the tissue bearing (acrylic) surface of the denture

 

 

sorry for grammar and spelling mistake,,

please comment about this chapter,,

happy reading^^