The Armor is Back

Naeun's Diary

3 January 2014, in the most silence midnight

Let me tell you a story.

There is a brave Armor that fell in love with the beauty of Princess; he said, “I would do anything for you as long as you will be mine”.

That Princess was not give him an answer instead asked him doing her favor.

When he was being asked to part the ocean, he would.

When he was being asked to take a moon from the sky, he did.

When he was being asked to fight with dragon, he could.

But one day, the Princess said to him, there is one thing that he couldn’t do.

That Armor laughed, “There is nothing in this world that I can’t do!”.

That Princess said calmly, “If you find the thing that you can’t do, I will be yours”.

The Armor was really happy after he heard that, his dream for years to have the princess would come true.

He made a team to find the answer that Princess gave.

But after a year he didn’t find it answer. For his last hope, he asked help to Shooting star, he said, “Hey little shooting star! Can you make my dreams come true?”.

Little star replied, “yes, but you just have one wish”.

“Of course, I just have one wish in this world!”.

“What is it?”.                                                             

The Armor with his greed instead asked for the answer, he asked, “Just make this princess to be mine”.

“Are you sure that you only need one wish? And you will not regret it?”.

“Yes, I’m sure. I just need only one”.

“Okay, I will grant your wish”.

With a help from Little star, the princess finally been taken by Shining Armor.

Will there be a happy ending? No, the story will not end with happily ever after even the Armor has his own Princess. Let me continue the story.

After that, the Princess always cried in her room. The Armor felt sad about that, “Why is she always crying?”.

Then the Armor approached the Princess and asked her, “Why are you crying? You got what you want, the Castile, the nice gown, the wealthy and the mighty.  Is there something that I never give you? Just tell me, I will do it for you”.

“You didn’t give me the answer, one thing that you can’t do”.

“There is nothing that I can’t do Princess! Even I made shooting star granted my wish to have you, I could…I can do anything!”.

“You are wrong! Even a shooting star can’t do it”.

With his arrogance, he left the princess alone. He tired of all her stubbornness and the thing that he can’t understand.

The shooting star is just a star for him. Who stare the Armor from far even he never know that she loves him. 

The Princess just a beauty that he admired the most but he never know that he can’t get that one, even he search it in entire world.

He never knew the answer because he tried to see it.

 But it abstract, without shape. It can’t be touch but it can be feel

It is a heart.

 

-sunflower-

 

***

 

They are reminiscing the past that was made them grow like this.

“hmm…I never know that you are Taemin's best friend,…Jongin”, Naeun said with shuttered mouth because she feel awkward, after 9 years, they never meet even just once.

“hmm,,yeah, I also don’t know that you are Taemin’s girlfriend”, Jongin said as he can’t believe, the only woman that he love is being taken by his best friend. Yeah..She is the one that he searched first after he arrived at Seoul. But he couldn’t find any information; he never knew Naeun will be so close with him.

They silent again, busy with each other thought.

“Oh..Jonginah! Taemin…”, Eunji interrupted while she stepped in Taemin’s room.

“Yeah…Taemin is not here, I think I will come here later”, Jongin said when he about to leaved.

Eunji hold his arm as she said, “Ya! Why are you in a hurry? I suspect he will arrive in next 30 minutes”. 

“Suddenly I remember, I had an appointment with my publisher”.

“Really? Hmm.. Okay then, I will inform him later”.

“Thank you”, he said to Eunji, “And, nice to see you again Naeunah”.

Naeun just stood frozen without do anything just a little smile hanging on her face.

She thought, "The armor is back to find the princess but is he find the answer?"

 

***

 

“Why I didn’t see you this morning?”, Taemin offered her a cup of coffee.

“I did some surgery this morning, that’s why I'm a bit late “, Sunhwa smiles and stares at the coffee, “you know, I don’t actually drink coffee right?”.

“Ah…I forgot, I’m sorry Noona”, Taemin said and put the cup away from her and take a cup an orange juice for change.

Sunhwa sips her drink, “You still forgetful huh?”.

“Not as much before, but is your heart okay? I heard you took heart surgery when you in England”.

“Yeah…I did before I entered specialist but you know my heart is not okay now”.

Taemin with worried face asks her, “Why? Are you feel sick or something?”.

“Yes, because it beats so fast after I saw you”, then she laughs.

Taemin gives her a serious face, “Noona…I think we shouldn't meet each other”.

“W-why?”, Sunhwa felt, is she too straightforward?

“Because you might get a heart failure if every day you see me”, Taemin burst into laughter.

“Ya! You scared me!”, she patted his shoulder.

“You are the one who start a joke Noona”, he still laugh then he peek at his watch, “Noona, I must go now, I had an appointment... Bye!”. Taemin immediately stood up and run towards the door.

“With who?”, she curious.

Taemin can’t even answer her question because he doesn’t hear it. He already runs far away from her to catch up with an important appointment.

As Taemin disappeared from her eyes, she remember the past, she thought, he never changes.  She had a crush with Taemin since he was a high school student. Her feelings grew strong when Taemin was her fellow student on the extra class that she made with her friends which provide student that want to entered medical school. The feeling become deep as Taemin took same university with her, even they are has 3 years apart of age, she never look Taemin as her dongsaeng, but as a man. She never confesses her feeling to him until now. She afraid it will change their friendship.

She sighs as she murmured, “I am not joking Taeminah, you always make my heart beat fast”.

 

***

 

Taemin reaches on his clinic thirty minutes late. While he rushes to the second floor, Eunji shout his name as she saw him, “Taemin!”

“Mm…why? Is Jongin already here?”.

“He came, but he already leaved because he has another appointment”.

“What? I was rushed here because of him and he just leave?”, Taemin takes his phone while he climbs the stair. He opens the door and found Naeun is sitting on his chair.

“Ya! Kim Jongin, why are you leave suddenly without waiting for me, huh?”, he puts his bag on the table and look at Naeun, smile at her then continue his conversation with Jongin.

While Naeun already got heart attack as she heard Jongin name being mentioned by Taemin. She doesn’t know why she feels little nervous.

“My schedule already full this week, if not today, so when you will fixed your teeth?”.

“Sorry, this appointment important to me too, If not today, I can’t publish it next month”, Jongin said.

Taemin sighs, “Okay…just inform me when you have a free time”, Taemin end the call then he approaches Naeun. He stands between the table and the chair that sit by Naeun.

He cups her face, “Hey sweetheart, I’m sorry to make you wait for me”.

She shakes her head, “No..”.

“Did you meet Jongin?”

For abstract reason Naeun feels Taemin question directly stabs her heart. She confuses to tell him the truth or not. She thinks she never did anything wrong, “Why I must hide it, just tell him Naeunah”.

“Yes, I did”, Naeun said nervously.

“Why you look so pale?”, Taemin put his hand on her forehead and rubbed her face then he touched her hand, he felt it cold, “Are you sick? You seem to have a cold”.

She smiles awkwardly, “No, I am okay”.

“Really?”, Taemin said while scanned her face.

Naeun nods then grabs Taemin waist as she circle her hand around, place her head close to his stomach.

Taemin shocked by her sudden actions, “W-what are you doing?”, he freeze and do nothing.

Naeun lifts her head, looks at him, “Oppa…I love you”.

Taemin grabs her hand to release it from his waist, “I know…I love you too”, and makes a distance from her.

Naeun can feel the coldness in his word, she stands from her seat and takes a step closer to him, she closes her face to him  as she bites her lips while stares his lips,

 “Oppa…”.

“O-oh…”, his breath become hard because he knows what she want to do. He wants it too..Badly. But the other side he wants to hold it. He knows it will uncontrolled when he let it out. “ngg…Naeunah…”, he held her arms.

“ng?”

“I’m hungry…”

Naeun blinks her eyes as she can’t believe what she just heard. She sighs to show her disappointment,  “did he not take what I up to?”, she thinks.

Taemin smiles as he wraps Naeun hands with his, “let’s we take dinner somewhere”.

“Your work already finished? How about your patient?”.

“I just had appointment with Jongin but he canceled it, so…I am free tonight”.

“Really?”, she doubted first because she knows Taemin loves his work, she thinks his work is his priority.

“Yes, during studying and working in hospital, I just do an appointment patient, I don’t want to force myself, and healthy is important right?”.

Naeun answer it with smiles, he knows what he do, “so, where we will take dinner?”.

“Mm…I know a special place”.

 

***

 

Taemin parks his car in front of a house.

“Where is the restaurant?”, Naeun said while she get off from his car.

“Who said we will go to the restaurant?”.

“Oh…didn’t you said earlier that we will take a dinner, right?”.

“We can do it in my house”, Taemin said as he opens the gate of his house.

Naeun stop from her walking as she knows it his house. “Oppa!…you should tell me before, I didn’t prepare anything for your Mom”.

“You don’t need to prepare anything, just prepare your heart”.

“Why? Is your Mom got a bad-tempered?”, Naeun said nervously.

“How do you know?”.

Naeun feels terrified.

Taemin just smile and drag her into his house, “Mom…I’m home!”.

His mom went out from the kitchen, “oh..Taeminah, why are you so early? And…who is this beautiful girl?”.

Naeun takes a deep bow as she introduces herself, “My name is Son Naeun, Omonim”.

"Wow Son Naeun, you've got a beautiful name... I’ve told him so many times to bring you in our house”, His Mom said to Naeun while hold her hand, “Please come in”.

“De, omonim”, Naeun took a quick glance at Taemin, she never thought that he could tells about her to his Mom.

“I am on preparing for dinner, take a sit and make yourself comfortable”.

“Ah..De, but do you need some help, omonim?”

“No, it will finish soon”, his Mom give a glance to Taemin before she went to the kitchen.

He looks at his Mom back and then said to Naeun, “Do want some drinks?”.

“De, Oppa”, Naeun said while sit on the couch that faces the television. She looks around. The family room is cozy which its floor made by wood. There is a picture above the couch that she seat, family picture but just three of them without his father. She remembers his sister, “Where is Soo Jung?”, she said when Taemin bring a glass of water and put it on the table.

“Soo Jungie? Mom said she went out about an hour before”.

“Mm…”, she takes a sip of water, “Where is your room?”.

“My room? That’s my room”, he pointed a door on her right side.

Naeun stands up and straight away walks towards his room, “Can I take a look?”.

He quickly approach in front of her and gently places his arm around her shoulders. Naeun gets a bit shocked with his action, but then she feels so comfortable to see his face closer to her. Its the best way to prevent her from entering his room.

“What do you want to look in my room?” He smirked at her with a lovely gaze.

“Am I not allowed to? Are you hiding something in there? magazine?”, Naeun slowly release herself from Taemin & tried to open the door while she hold the door handle.

“Naeunah…”, he held her hand on the handle, “My room is very messy, it’s kinda embarrassing if you look.…”.

Before he finishes his sentence Naeun already opens the door and enters the room, “It’s not messy at all”. She looks around and impressed with many books well placed on bookcase which surround almost half of his room.

She sits on his bed, “Why the blanket is pink?”.

“Oo…I don’t realize it, maybe my Mom changed it this morning”.

She look at him standing awkwardly in front of her, “Why are you still standing there? Just sit with me here Oppa…”, she patted the space beside her.

“It’s sounds like you are the owner of this room”.

She laughs and slowly stares at him “Owner of this room? Not really, I think I just successfully own his heart"

Taemin smiles.

“You really just like my Dad, he has many books too , even have one room not enough for it“.

“Yeah…I know, I’ve already seen it”.

Naeun stands up and walks approached him, “Hmm..What were you talking with my Dad before? You never told me the whole story”, she rested her hand on his chest.

He gulps hard, “hmm nothing important”, he avoid her gaze.

She squints her eyes, “really?”.

“ng…”, he nodded. “Mm…better we go out from here before my Mom search for us”, he puts Naeun hand away from him and walks out from his room.

“Why I feel like he's purposely avoiding me?”, she thinks while follow him from behind.

 

***

 

“Sundubu Jigae of yours is really delicious, Omonim”, Naeun takes a spoon of its soup.

“It’s spicy, it’s good for winter right?”, his Mom add more meat on her bowl. But then she hits Taemin hand when he about to take another bowl of soup, “Omma!”.

“Pssshh…I made this for Naeun, why are you eat more than her?”.

Naeun laughs a second then said, “I am okay Omonim”.

Taemin say confidently, “Omma, Naeun is fine, so…”.

“Annyonghaseyo…”, their conversation interrupted by his sister. They are look at her direction.

Naeun almost spills her drink as she sees a familiar figure standing behind Soo Jung.

 

“Oh..Jonginah..”

 

 


okay..i forgot to credit this lady, hehe...thank you for Zaradeamor for your editing and fix my grammar and spelling.

 I think I will update this fic just once a week, due to my current activities.

what do you thing about this chapter?

I used metaphore to describe Naeun-Jongin-Jinri relationship on the past.

do you know what is the reason Taemin seems avoiding Naeun?

 

Hope you like this chapter ^^

Happy reading!