Losing Feeling

Naeun's Diary

 

Sunhwa open up her eyes after several hours unconscious. She thinks she already in heaven because she sees a figure that similar of angel who sleep in. she stretch her hand to parted his black hair which discover his forehead, caress his cheek then hold his hand. “I hope this is just a dream…”, as she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath.

After a while, Minho enters her room, she moves her hand on Taemin rashly. “Oh…are you already wake up?”, Minho said while get closer to her bed. “Thank God…”, he felt relief.

“Thank you…”, Sunhwa said weakly.

 “You…please, don’t ever do this ever again”, he said peevishly as he remembers a terrified situation last night.

She smiles then nods, “I will not do this stupid thing again”, she said while looked at Taemin. Last night she felt so depressed after she knew Taemin has girlfriend, she can’t think logically as she will lose him forever. She wanted to deny the reality over drink. Yeah…she forbid to drink alcohol, even in small amount her body will not accept it because of her heart disease. She aware that for sure, but she still did it. Her action last night same like suicide.

“Aish… I just leave him for a few minutes, he already slept here…Taeminah…”, Minho tried to woke him up.

“just let him, he must feel tired because of the night duty, I will wake him later”, she said.

“ahrasso, he just have fifteen minutes before the head of department search him because his duty not over yet”, Minho said while peeked his watch.

“I know…mm…did you tell him about…”.

“No, I will not say anything but if you do this again…I will tell him everything”.

“am I being threatened?”

“in other words…yes”. When he about to leave, “Ah…I already inform to your parent, they said they will take a flight from London, maybe they will arrive in this afternoon”.

“Why did you called them?!”, she didn’t want to bothered her parent moreover her father, actually her step father. She respect him most, he is the source of her inspiration, she took medical school because of him, that’s why, it’s embarrassing for her laid in the hospital like this because of stupid reason.

“I can’t close my mouth over this, you almost die last night and your parent needs to know”.

“Oh God, you just give me another headache”, she massaged her head while imagine her mother tears and nagging.

“That’s actually my job”, he said when he leave her room.

After fifteen minutes, even Sunhwa doesn’t want to but she still wake him up, “Taeminah…”, she said while his shoulder.

He brushes his eyes and lift his head, “you already awake?”.

She nods and smile, “thank you…for always be my side”.

“why you said that? Noona is like my own family”.

She weakly smiles, “I know…but you must leave now”.

“Oh God!”, he scratch his hair as he remembers his duty. He stands up with big yawn.

Sunhwa chuckles “wash your face first”.

He smiles,“Yes”, he leaves her room with half awake.

 

***

 

“How could he stayed all night beside her?!”, Naeun said while rolled the toilet paper, she used that to wipes her tears. She hide herself in the toilet because she found this is the save place to crying.

She mumbling fast, “She is not even his sister or mother! Who is she actually? Is Taemin oppa’s got another girlfriend or something? Why he cares so much about her?!”.

“HOLDING HER HANDS UNTIL SLEEP!”, she punched her own tight, “Ouch!”, she groaned in pain.

After calm herself a while, she walks out from bathroom. “Oh..My God!”, Naeun almost fell on the floor.

“Why a woman in Men toilet?”, he said while his eyes nearly close.

Naeun looks around and sure this is a woman toilet, there is no urinal here. She gets bit shock when she saw Taemin suddenly appears in front her in the toilet, “This is female toilet, Oppa”.

“Really?”, he said calmly, then he is out from there while Naeun follow him behind. He takes a look at the sign, “Oh…Sorry”, he said while he hands up his right hand and walk aimlessly to another restroom.

Naeun amazed as she can’t believe she just talk with sleepy Taemin. “Yeah..You must be tired after several hours keep on eye of Sunhwa”, she walks away irritably.

He even not recognize me, she bent her head down.

He’s totally ignoring me, she stops from her step and wipes her tears.

 

***

 

He stands urinate which his head bent down as he want to sleep again, Oppa?, why this voice so familiar? He thinks.

“Oppa!”, he heard the same voice again and look at the source.

Naeun eyes wide-open and feel embarrassed as she runs away from there. “Stupid! I didn’t see anything”, she tried to brush off that moment in her mind.

“Is that Naeun?”, he finally fully woke up after those awful thing happen.

While he washes his face, suddenly he chuckle, her expression is cute. But his smile disappears after he remembers what happen on yesterday.

When he came out, he found Naeun waiting for him outside restroom. He stands a few second in front of her which makes Naeun more nervous. She fidgeting her nails against each other, why he stares me like that?, she thinks.

Then he sighs and walks away. But he stops after few step, “we talk again after I finish my duty”.

Naeun can’t hold it, “Duty? Keeping eye on your patient, Sunhwa Sosaengnim all night long, right?”.

He turns back, “what do you mean?!”.

“you must be busy to take care her and almost ignoring me”, she said bravely as she fix her eyes on him.

He smirks, “are you perhaps jealous? With her?”.

She avoid his stare and fold her arms, “NO!”.

“you lie Naeunah…stop lying”, he said then walk away.

Her anger reaches the top of her head, she can’t hold it, “Yes, I lie! I hate to see you with that woman, no, I mean any woman who wants to get closer to you. I hate to see you caring about her so much! I hate you when you choose to held her hand instead of me, I hate you, Oppa! I hate you!”, she nearly shouted.

Taemin takes a deep breath, he can’t believe that Naeun get jelous with his senior, Sunhwa. “such a trouble woman…I hate you more when I saw you hugged Jongin in front of my own eyes, so… what should you do then?”.

Naeun can’t hold her tears and bend down her head, she feels guilty and sorry for that which makes shout, can’t say anything.

He sighs then walks away.

She doesn’t know the reason why she feels Taemin’s back become colder than ice as he parted away.

 

***

 

“Where are you going? You crying again?”, Jinri said as Naeun arrived at clinic. She looked her eyes become red again.

Naeun just stares blankly on ceiling while laid her body on dental chair.

“At least answer me”, Jinri her shoulder.

“Jinriah…I think I can’t do anything today”, Naeun said.

 “Why? Do you think your world just rotate by him?”.

“What do you mean?”.

“Because when he’s not there, your world stops spinning too”.

Naeun stares Jinri closely, “it’s not like that…but…”.

 “But what? Even in worst situation, life must go on, dear”.

“Easy for you to said that”.

“I know, hard to do it but you must do it, that’s the only choice. Oh…Common!”, Jinri pulled up Naeun’s hand which makes her stood up from there.

Naeun sighs as she grabs patient medical record.

“Fighting..Fighting…fighting…”, Jinri tried to cheer her up, she knew Naeun need this most.

 

***

 

Before Taemin leave the hospital, he visits Sunhwa first. After greet her for awhile then he leaves. But in the way to parking lot, he is stopping briefly at clinic.

He looks around in order to find a certain figure.

“Are you searching for Naeun?”, Jinri suddenly pop up behind him.

Taemin almost run of his blood as he startled, “you scared me”, he hold his chest, “where is she?”.

“She stayed at library since…”, Jinri peeked her watch, “two hours ago, she got task from Miss Min, because she made trouble”.

“What kinda trouble is that?”, he curiously said.

“You can ask her directly”, Jinri said as left him behind.

“chh…what kinda is she if she can’t answer my question? he mumbling as he leaves clinic.

He can’t hold his curiosity toward Naeun but he hates to see her which will makes his anger blow up, he afraid, he will makes her hurt by his words.

It’s like you know you will hurt when you see her, but you still do it. Not because you can endure it’s pain but without realizing you enjoy that pain. Like Taemin does now, he stares her from far who slept above thick book.

He makes few step closer to her, “it looks like you don’t do your task well”, Taemin said while check few paper on the table.

He put his bag as well as he starts write something on that paper. Takes a few books and stick a post it notes in certain pages.

I don’t know why I did this, even she hurts me so much, I still cares, he thinks while slowly walk away leaving her.

 

***

 

There is a load sound on Jinri’s phone, “Are you already finished your task?”, Jinri peeked at Naeun a second while Naeun approached her after out from teacher room.

Naeun packs her thing on dental chair, “Yes, but thank you Jinriah…”.

“Ngg…”, she nods while played the games on the phone.

“Ah…I’m lost”, Jinri shout annoyingly. She locks her phone and put it in her pocket, “What did you said just now?”, she said to Naeun.

“Forget it…”.

“Yaa…”, Jinri did aegyo to her, “are you still sad? Did you just meet..”.

Naeun rashly says, “meet who?”.

“Ani…forget it”, Aish… that cold-hearted guy, seriously!, Jinri thinks. “Naeunah…why don’t we eat something sweet, you like strawberry short cake right?”.

“No, I don’t have apatite to eat now”.

“Please…huh..Please”, Jinri begged to Naeun with her puppy eyes.

Naeun sighs, “Sorry…I’m really not in good mood Jinriah, really”.

“Okay, should I drive you home?”.

Naeun shakes her head. She wants to be alone.

 

***

 

When Taemin reaches his home, he heard a laugh sound from back yard.

“What are you doing here?”, he said with cold tune.

“What is it? Are you two have fought?”, Soo Jung said.

“I need to talk with you”, Jongin said to Taemin.

“There’s nothing to talk about”, Taemin said while turn away.

“I love her…Naeun”, Jongin shout.

Soo Jung seems shock after Jongin confession which makes her a few steps back.

Taemin fold his fist as he flies it to Jongin’s face.

Jongin smiles while wipes the blood on the corner of his lips. While he stands Taemin suddenly grab his collar shirt.

 “How dare you…”, before Taemin finish his sentence, Jongin throw Taemin’s hand and punched Taemin back, “I want to do this since you introduced her as your girlfriend”.

“What do you mean?”.

“I love her first long before I met you. It’s funny right? We have many similarities; even we are in love with one woman too”.

Taemin furrow his eye brow as he can’t understand what Jongin said.

 Jongin continues, “I already told you before, the woman that I searched as I arrived at Seoul, it’s her…Naeun”.

Taemin remembers, Jongin has told him his first love stories, which make him nearly crazy because her coldness toward him and gave him a funny question. God must be joke, how can we meet, being friends and in love with same woman.

“So, what do you want? You going to take her away from me?”, Taemin said sarcastically.

“I will…”

Taemin feels hurt; the pain from Jongin punch straight hit his heart hard. And he realize one thing, he doesn’t know that he will love her in this big. To imagine himself without her already makes him frightened. Even he doesn’t care his best friend anymore. Like Naeun’s question to him, “what will you choose between me and Jongin”, he just give her a lousy answer that time, tried to make her happy, actually he didn’t know the answer, but now, he clearly sees.

“I will…if she loves me too. That’s why I met her, to asked her first, even though I already predict her answer”, Jongin said.

“What was her answer?”

Jongin nearly chuckle, stupid, how can you don’t know? Instead give him the answer he says, “You can ask her directly”.

Taemin tries to read Jongin’s mind, why he confidently said that? Was she accepted his…?, he shakes his head, he doesn’t want to think the worst thing. He turns and grabs his car keys and mobile phone. Just one thing he concern about, it’s her and his heart that already belong to her.

Jongin smiles bitterly while touch slightly at his scar, “I don’t know that his punch will be this pain, he should be a boxer than a dentist, right Soo Jungah?”, he turned and saw Soo Jung who sit silently at wood chair.

He moves closer and bends down just to see her face clearly. There are tears fill her eyes and cheeks. He wipes it with his bare hand, “you must be shock, me and your brother fight each other, sorry”.

She lifts her head and stares Jongin eyes intensely which makes him little uncomfortable with that, why she suddenly become pretty?

“No…Not because of that”, she said.

“So…why?”, Jongin said confusingly.

Soo Jung leans closer as she kisses slightly Jongin’s lips.

Jongin shocks with her sudden action while his eyes wide open. “Soo Jung ah…”.

“Because I love you…”.

 

***

 

Taemin drives his car back to the hospital.

He takes his phone, and then throws it, “Stupid! Why I bring a death phone!”.

He accelerates the speed of his car.

After arrives at hospital, he search her on clinic, but there is no one there. Then he goes to library where he met her at the last time but Naeun was not there . He just caught Minho with Jinri kissing passionately on the corner couch, “Ya! Can you guys not do that in this peaceful library?”, Taemin said annoyingly.

They startled and parted their kiss, “Taeminah…what are you doing here?”, Minho bewildered said.

“At least I’m not here for kissing somebody, I want to ask the woman beside you, Jinriah…where is Naeun?”

Jinri wipes her lips with her hand, “Oh..Naeun? She said she went home”.

Without sign Taemin leave them.

“Aiss…seriously!”, Jinri said.

Minho grabs Jinri’s face again and continues what they doing there.

Taemin drives his car again to her home. After reach her home, he takes a deep breath and ring the bell of her house. “Who is there?”, somebody ask him from wireless door chime.

“This is Taemin, I want to meet Naeun”.

“Oh…Naeun ahgassi is not home yet”.

She is not home? then where else?, he thinks.

“Don’t tell me…”, he remembers one place.

After he reaches that place, he climbs the stairs rashly, which makes receptionist and people there stare him strangely. Even Eunji who saw him amazingly run over there can’t stop him.

 He opens the door and scans the entire room but he can’t find her. He falls down and sits on the chair. When he about to leave again, he gazes at his private room. He opens its door and found a figure that he searches on. He saw her fall asleep on the couch. He sighs as a sign of relief. He calm his raged breath for a while then he moves closer to her and laid his body beside her while facing her back. He stretch his arm to her waist then to her stomach, hugs it tight as he doesn’t want to lose her. Take a deep breath on her neck skin pore because of the unexplained feeling. He whispered closer to her ear, “I’m Sorry…”, and then slowly drifts off asleep with her.

 


 

Credit for Zaradeamor who fixs my grammar and spelling. and Thank you for discussing so many idea with me.

sorry for super duper late update ^^

I had hard time when I wrote this chapter because i have many plot in my mind, confuse to choose one. so that...I wrote then deleted...wrote..then delete again, hehe.

but I think this is the best that I can do for this chap, hope you like it :))

because Mostly my inspiration comes when I talk with my editornim and i hope you (readernim) can share your thought here, it can be my reference of writing.

Happy reading ^^