Unforgettable One

Naeun's Diary

Naeun enters her bedroom with the light still off, just a light from the moon that infiltrates through curtains. She lays her body in her bed, try to close her eyes. And tears start falling from the corner of her eyes. She wipes the tears by hugged the pillow tightly. Slowly she is crying loudly under the pillow. Sobbing until she falls asleep.

 24 hours before

“If you have to choose, what is your choice? Me or Jongin-sshi?”.

“That’s the most ridiculous question Naeunah”, Taemin said with half jokingly.

She knows that was a silly question. How could he able to choose between people that he loves, its same question when you are being asked to choose between your father and mother. But she wants to know if he ends up choosing, will he give up on me for his best friend?

“I said IF, Oppa. If you have to choose, what will you choose?”, Naeun kept insist.

Taemin thinks about few second, try to read her mind. “Don’t tell me that you jealous with Jongin?”.

“Aniya… Why I should be jealous with him? Just answer my question Oppa”.

“You…my answer is you”, he said with intense eyes to her.

Naeun could feel her cheek become hot as it blushes then she grins with a smile. She grabs Taemin's face in her soft hands, and leans forward to kiss him deeply around his mouth then pulling away from the kiss.

“What is this for? Is that my reward?”, he said with bewildered smile.

Naeun shrugged her shoulder, “keep going, I don’t want my Dad nagging at me because I’m comeback home late”, she said shyly.

“Ahrasso…my princess”, Taemin said while turned the stir of his car and move ahead.

 

***

 

Taemin stops his car in front of her gate house. He gets off from his car and opens her door.

Naeun smiles while intertwine her finger against his, “Thank you, I feel that I’m totally your princess”, she said while walks to near the gate.

“Really? So what I am? Am I your prince?”.

She shakes her head, “No, you’re not…”, and then laughed after she saw him sulky. He doesn’t know that she already named him as her Ice prince in her diary.

He acts sulky, “Fine, I am going home now”, when he turned back to his car, Naeun grabs the hood on his parka.

He turns back then suddenly hugs her tightly, place his head on the crook of her shoulder, takes deep inhalation on it, “How I wish I never sent you home like this, I wish I could just live with you and giving you a goodnight kiss, instead of saying "see you tomorrow”.

She pushes him a little to face him, “Why? Do you want us to sleep somewhere tonight?”, she said jokingly.

Taemin surprises because he never expect that she will bravely ask him that question, then he laughs and says, “I must be dead on the other day if your father finds out about it. I will use a proper method to steal his daughter”.

“What is the method?”, she asked him.

“I will tell you when I’m ready for it”, then he leans closer to her, want to taste her moist lips again.

Naeun stops him by holding his face, “I want to know now”, she said with half whisper.

“You will be shocked if you knew”, he smirked then capture her lips sensibly while pushing her back against the wall. Naeun feels restless, she can’t deny it because she's really enjoying that moment. She doesn’t know every time he kisses her, she feels so comfortable even her heart beats fast.

With mouth still detaching and connecting, she roams his chest down to his abs. He can feel every touch that she made even it covers with his t-shirt. His adrenaline becomes high as he slid his hands under her pink shirt, feels her smooth skin while brushes her petite waist. It makes her gaps and pulls from the kiss.

They are both panting as they break from the kiss. Naeun stares him with shocked expression.

“I’m sorry, I must control it”, he said confusingly.

“Oppa…”, she takes a breath and reach his hand, “it’s okay for me, I’m…just… shocked a little, it’s not because I don’t like it, I like…”.

Before she completes her sentence suddenly he gives her a light kiss on her lips, “I understand…”.

She smiles then hugs him.

They don’t know there is a person who staring at them from the far inside his car. He turns on his car and leave them without has a chance to do his plan.

 

***

 

“Trigeminal Neuralgia often discovered first by dentist than neurologist. Because it’s pain sometimes attacks when patient doing chewing, talking even when they brushing their teeth, so patient will visit the dentist first than neurologist. The following data, in 60% cases, the pain shoots from the corner of the mouth to the angle of the jaw. And in 30%, pain joints from the upper lip or canine teeth to the eye and eyebrow, sparing the orbit itself. Because of that the dentist must aware for its sign in order to give a better treatment for patient”, Taemin said in his presentation in front of oral surgery fellows.

“Right, I’ve got many patient of this disease in England, even this disease can cause a suicide because of intolerable pain”, Sunhwa added.

“De, it’s like one hundred knives stabbing you repeatedly”, Taemin said.

Sunhwa smiles to him then ask him a question, “Do you know why patient feel that miserable pain?”.

“Because of compression of trigeminal roots by tumor or vascular anomalies. You can imagine a blood vessel as a rubber hose, if there is a water flow in it, it makes the hose vibrate or move, at least you can feel its flow with your hand, right?  Imagine if the hose touches directly at your sensitive nerve, not just a slight vibrate that you feel, its feels like electrical sensation hundred times attack on your face, no wonder you will feel better die than life”. Taemin explanation makes Sunhwa proud of him. She maybe already attacked by him with electrical sensation every time they eyes meet. Yeah…she thinks she wants to die because of it.

“But we actually don’t have capacity to directly treat this patient right?”, Minho said to Sunhwa which makes her comes back to the reality.

“Oh…Yes, we are not competent for this, but I attended the surgery before twice. But the thing we could do is know its symptom and referral to neurologist”, Sunhwa said, “Okay..Any question?” she said as she wants to ends the discussion.

They shake their head, “Okay...The discussion ends”, they stood up and out from the room.

Minho patted Sunhwa shoulder, “I need to discuss the other case with you”.

“Okay…Wait me in my office room”, she said to Minho then walks approach Taemin.

Minho follows his eyes on her then sigh, “People hearts not easily change”, he murmured while walks out from the room.

Taemin cleans his paper and shut down his laptop, while Sunhwa stands beside him and say, “You never disappoint me”.

“Really? You know me better, Sunbaenim”, he said while put his things on his bag.

They are out from the room and walks side by side on corridor, Sunhwa blurt out, “What is your plan for tonight?”.

“Tonight? I have appointment with patient, why?”.

“Do you still practice on the night? You will get enough money from here”.

“Money is not the problem, I just don’t want disappoint my patient and I delimitate it, maximal three patients for one day”.

“Aigoo…your practice must be the famous one huh”.

“Aniyo..”, he shakes his head.

“Better you add me on your schedule, we never had a proper reunion, do you know how I miss you?”, she tried to act that as joke in front of Taemin but inside her heard she sincerity miss him a lot.

He laughs, “Ahrassoyo…Sunbaenim”.

Sunhwa stretch her hand want to reach the top of his head then Taemin stops her hand by hold its wrist, “I’m not a high school student anymore, Noona”, he smiled. She always brushed his hair since he still a student, it’s like a habit to her.

“Oh…I forgot, our Taeminie is a man now”, she mocked at him.

“Pshh…whatever”, he said while walks into his room.

Taemin places his things on his table and Sunhwa close its door.

Naeun who follows them from behind since earlier, feels something that she can’t indentified it. Sad, hurt, jealous, angry mix into one. Her instinct as a woman can feel that Sunhwa has a special feeling to Taemin. She feels more annoying because they sound so familiar each other. The fact that she hates to admit, Sunhwa met Taemin first before her or maybe he had crushed with Sunhwa back then. Only bad though is runs in her head.

She wonders at in front of Taemin’s office room, "What took her so long in his room?".

When Sunhwa came out from his room while closing the door, She gets surprise to see Naeun infront her, “Oh…Son Naeun, why are you here? Aren’t you supposed to be at the clinic?”.

She slightly bows to her, “Mm… I need to meet Taemin Op…Sosaengnim”, she doesn’t know why she is so nervous in front of her.

“What’s the matter?”, Sunhwa said.

“Why you need to know?”, she thinks. “I want to discuss about my patient with him since he was my supervisor this week”, it’s sounds like she searched for a reason, but she has a different intention.

Sunhwa stares her suspiciously, if she wants to discuss about patient she must bring papers instead a small paper bag.

“Okay..then”, Sunhwa just ignore her thought because she doesn’t want Minho wait her for too long.

 

***

 

Naeun knocks his door before entering his room and ends up locking the door. She don’t want anyone else to bothering their moment.

“Naeun-ah…What’s wrong…?”, Taemin surprised.

"Here…”, she put the paper bag on his table.

“What is this?”, Taemin open it and bring out the thing inside the paper bag, “Whoa…Lunch box?”.

Naeun nods happily, “I personally prepared this for you this morning”.

“Thank you”, he said while he opened it, there is rice, egg roll, vegetable salad and meat, his favorite, “Even strawberry milk too”.

“Thank you…I will eat this even it tasted so bad”, he . He knows she never cook before, for doing this because of him, he really touches by it.

“Oppa…Stop teasing me”, she punched his shoulder gently while move to sit herself on his lap.

“Ya…What are you doing? We are in hospital now”, Taemin bewildered.

“I know, I already locked the door”, Naeun said while look at Taemin shirt collar closely, to find any kiss mark on it, but its clean. She sniffs around his shoulder and chest, she just smells his perfume. For last she touches his bottom lips and brushes it a little, she looks at her finger, there is no lipstick marks. She smiles as she satisfied.

“Do you realize what you are doing now?”, Taemin still confused with her action.

She just answers him with a smile on her face.

“Don’t smile”, he said with serious expression.

“Oppa!…”, Naeun feels a little frightened with that.

“Do you perhaps want me to kiss you passionately?”, he said then burst into laugh.

“Ya!...”, she hit his chest with a little agyo.

He placed his hand on his chest, “It’s hurts, you hit directly into my heart”.

“Aigoo…Are you sure that your heart is still there? Aren’t you already gave it to me before?”, her sweet talk makes him grins ear to ear.

“May I ruin your lipstick?”, he said with devilish smile.

“No, Oppa, I must back to clinic before someone search for me”, Naeun said while she stands and moves from his lap.

Taemin asks, “Who?”.

“Jinri…”, she said while kissing his cheek, “Then…Bye Oppa”.

Taemin waves his hand as she leaves while closing the door, he sighs, “She's really testing my patience”.

 

***

 

Taemin arrives at his practice, before he goes to second floor, he asks the receptionist, “How many patient today?”.

“There is just one patient so far, Doc”.

He nods.

He reaches second floor and prepares things by his own because Naeun can’t do her job today, since she has a plan with Jinri. She even didn’t tell him the detail, but she said it’s important.

Like usually he asks help from Eunji as his assistant,

“Ya…You really fall for her, huh? You even let her skip her job, I know you have strict rule for your assistant before, no mistake, no holiday. You’ve changed a lot after you meet Naeun”, Eunji said.

“Who said? I’m just being considered. I still stick on my rule”.

“You can’t see it, but people around you can feel it. I must give applause to Naeun who able to melt this cold-hearted guy”.

 “Whatever you said, just calls the patient to come in now”, actually he feels it too, he admit Naeun appearance give him a good vibe. She influences him too much. He wants to be a better man for her. 

After he finished giving a treatment to patient, he says to Eunji, “Today, I just have one patient; you can back to your position”.

“Okay…”, Eunji leaves after clean her hand.

When he cleans the medical tool, someone knock his door, “Yeah…Come in”.

“Taeminah…”, Sunhwa waves her hand to him.

“Noona…”.

 

***

 

“Why don’t you just patiently wait until I reschedule our dinner”, Taemin said while they reach at restaurant.

“I know but you don’t have time”, Sunhwa said.

“I have…”, Taemin stopped his move after he looked a familiar figure not far from him.

“What’s matter?”, Sunhwa felt Taemin acted weird. She never looks his facial expression as worst than this.

Taemin walks slowly as he drawing near to them.

She becomes freeze when her eyes meet with Taemin behind a man shoulder, “Oppa…”, she forcedly release his hug. That man turns around and surprised, “Tae-Taeminah…”.

“What are you two doing here?”, he said to Jongin and Naeun. “I thought you going out with Jinri? Why Jongin here?”.

“Oppa…I…”, Naeun feels her tongue already bite by cat, she can’t talk anything.

Jongin went moves to his side and reaches Taemin’s hand wants to drag him outside, “Taemin-ah… Let me explain this to you”, then Taemin throw his hand.

“I ask this woman, not you, and why you not answering my question, Naeun-ah?”, Taemin raised his voice which made Naeun more frightened as her tears started falling.

Sunhwa just stunned between Taemin and Naeun. She can’t understand why he lose his temper, and why her fellow student crying because of him? Are they in relationship? 

“We can talk whatever it is on the outside, we already disturbing people here”, Sunhwa said to them while looking around.

“I’m sorry Noona, I don’t have appetite to eat”, Taemin said.

Taemin leaves while drags Sunhwa hand, leaving Naeun and Jongin behind.

Naeun tears keep falling even harder than before. Jongin can’t do anything to comfort her beside say, “I’m sorry”.

“Sorry, my stomach hurts so bad…Naeunah…Why are you crying?”, Jinri who came from toilet confused to see her friend is crying. “What did you do to her, Jongin!”, she said to him while his shoulder.

“I’m sorry, I will explain everything to Taemin”, Jongin said as he slumped on his seat.

“Taemin? He is here?”, Jinri looked around.

“He was here before, but he's already left”, he blankly said.

“You don’t need to explain anything to him, it will makes him more angry, let me talk to him first”, Naeun said as she leaves.

Jinri rushes takes her coat and bag on the chair, “Jonginah…see you on the other day, they will be just fine”, she patted Jongin shoulder, ”Naeun-ah..Wait me”, Jinri followed Naeun from behind.

All the way to Naeun house, Naeun tries to hold her tears, sometimes there is a hiccups sound between the silent, “if you want to cry just cry”, Jinri said while drive her car.

Then she sobbing, she never forgets when Taemin just left while holding Sunhwa’s hand, Why he did that? Why?....

“Jinriah…What if Taemin oppa not love me anymore?”, Naeun stared the road from her window blankly. She can see her reflection from the glass of window as Taemin sad face keep rewind in her mind.

“Ya!…don’t over thinking”.

“I’m not, but the way he held Sunhwa Sosaengnim's hand...Its keeps bothering me”.

“Sunhwa? Our teacher? She was there too?”.

Naeun nods.

Jinri suddenly remember, “Ah…”, she had heard about Sunhwa from Minho, they were attended in same University and being friends, but she doesn’t know that her teacher is also close with Taemin.

“It’s okay dear, people can’t easily change their heart”, she tried to calm her friend heart. Yeah, it's not easy to forget someone that we love the most, Jinri sighed as she continues driving.

 

 


 

Credit to Zaradeamor for fix my grammar and spelling :)

When you read this chapter, don't be sad..No..No..No..

Hope you like it ^^

and please comment about this chapter.

Happy reading!