Sunday

Naeun's Diary

Sunday, 15 December 2013

It’s going to snow again,

It’s going to be cold again,

It’s going to fall again,

I’m going to walk alone again.*

 

My hot chocolate has not come yet; even a chocolate drink is ignoring me this winter. Sulli said to me that I need to find a guy this winter so I will not bother her and her boyfriend, Mr. Flaming eyes, I will not reveal his name here, for her privacy. Yeah... She has planned to ignore me too.

 

Sulli said I must end my “single from birth” status on my 23th birthday. Every year she says the same phrase, “For this year, you must end your single status!”  I remember she said it on last summer and I asked her, “Why it’s important for you?” Yeah... I was too busy to hear her nagging and I need to write a medical record for my patient.

“It’s not for me dear, it’s for you”, she pulled out her rubber gloves.

“I don’t think this is important for me”, I put my pen at my pocket and run to Consultant1.

 

Although, I always make reasons up just to ignore her but she always finds a way to get to me.

“This…” She put a few pictures of the boy on the table and showed it to me. I think all of this is her type, and I don’t trust her. She always gets the wrong guy. I don’t support her with Mr. Flaming eyes, not because I don’t like him but yes, I pity him.

 “Mmm…” I scanned all the pictures. I’m not surprised anymore. She almost did this every single day, uncountable time.

“This is too innocent, No… this is too handsome, No… this is too cute, No… this is too y, No…” I put all the pictures away.

She said, “Nobody is perfect dear, this is the reason that you are still single”, She looked at me with a stare. I knew she is going to be mad. I must avoid her before she explodes.

I thought of a save way and said, “Ah..You know me better dear”, and walked to the library. Leaving her alone with my unfinished lunch.

I felt sorry for her and I know her intention is good but she always keeps pushing me. Her motto is “Love is not to find but to be found”.

 

Since my hot chocolate already here, I will stop talking about Sulli. This is my blog so I don’t want to talk about her that much.

 

 

I think I had forgotten what I want to write. I blame Sulli for that.

 

-- Sunflower --

 

***

 

She closes her Tablet Pc and enjoys her hot chocolate with a piece of cheese cake. It’s been two years since she started to write her diary on Blog. She uses a pseudonym, Sunflower. Nobody knows who she is, even her best friend Choi Jinri alias Sulli.

 

She is always bright on the outside but dark inside. She couldn’t tell what she wants to tell. Her mind and her heart work opposite. This is not because she has two faces but she doesn’t know how to express herself. She doesn’t has chance to learn how to express herself properly. She has a dictator father so she has to keep what she wants inside her.

 

“Naeun-ah…“ Jinri walked towards her. Her flawless long black hair matches her fair skin.

“Where are you going dear? What is it?” Naeun pointed at the few shopping bags that she is holding.

“This is for Christmas!”, Jinri is kind of obsessive towards fashion. She always look modest but today she wears a y yet playful black velvet number, complete with an oversized black beret that matched with her white heels. Audry Hepburn wore it on Seoul Fashion week, last march.

 “Alright, and where is mine?”,

“Yours? Mmm..Let’s pick for you after this”, Jinri took Naeun’s cup and slurp it.

“You always forget me when you went for shopping”, Naeun took her cup from Jinri’s hand.

“I won’t defend that…oh my god, do you know how much calories in cheesecake?” She is also obsessive towards diet too.

“Why should I care?”

“Do you know this has 257calories and 62% is fat? You need to run about 60 minutes just to burn it away.”

“Do you know how much calories in hot chocolate?” Naeun said to Jinri.

“What? This is hot chocolate? But you always order ice Americano”,

“It’s winter dear…” Naeun raised her cup and let Jinri tasted it, she said, “Owh...No wonder it tasted better”. Naeun laugh.

“This has more calories than cheese cake and you already drank it more than half”.

“Arrgghh…we must go shopping now at least we must turn around for at least 60 minutes”.

“Ahrasso princess, but let me finished this”, she take a spoon and eat her cheese cake.

 “Are you sure wanted to finish this? It has…”

“I know, but I don’t want to wasted my money and not eating this”

“Okay...Let me help you”, Jinri took a spoon.

“But, you said…” Naeun was bewildered with her action.

“We will burn it later anyways”, she ate the cheese cake and drank the hot chocolate. Naeun stared at her blankly.

“Ya! I’m not surprise you will like this”.

 

***

 

When they were about to leave the coffee shop, Naeun stopped because she heard someone greeted her.

“Naeun-ah..!”

“Oh... Jun Myeon oppa! It’s rarely to see you at this hour”

“Yeah, Hello Jinri!” He greets Jinri.

“Hello oppa! Oh… You are very handsome today” He smiled bitterly

“Haha… No discount for this”

“Who told you I want discount, I just telling the truth oppa” Jinri said.

“Ahrasso, where are you going?”

“Shopping”, Jinri showed him her shopping bag.

“This… isn’t enough?” He pointed at the shopping bag.

“I didn’t buy clothes for Naeun yet, so…”

“I got it…” He knows Jinri cannot stop talking.

“Isshh… No manners, at least let me finished my words”, Jinri frowned.

“Haha… Oppa, we better get going now. Before this lady ruined your shop” She dragged Jinri to the front door.

“Ya! Son Naeun-sshi!”  Jinri shouted to her as she was being dragged

“Bye oppa!”, Naeun said as she leaved him. He laughed and went back to his seat.

“Who are they hyung?” A man with white sweater and black jeans asked him.

“Oh... They are my regular costumer”

“Mmm..”, he nodded.

“So… How’s work as a dentist? Can you fix my teeth for free?”

“I don’t study hard for six years and being paid nothing hyung”

“At least give me a discount”

“Even if you said I’m handsome, I will not give you a discount. Like you said, hyung, business is a business, friend is friend, I learn from you just now.” Jun Myeon gaped his mouth as he can’t believe he just his own saliva

“Ya! You know how to use your tongue to stab people’s heart. No wonder, you are Lee Taemin, and you never change…”

“Haha..You don’t have to say that hyung. You know me better than anyone”. He said as he slurps his coffee.

 

Life makes him like this, inflexible and serious. His father missed to somewhere since he was fifteen years old. He is the only son in his family. He has a Mom and a sister. He must help her mom and protect his sister; in other word he indirectly takes a responsibility as head of family when he was just so young.

 

 

credit for my beta reader (bernicemayo) for fix my grammar and spelling, Thank you^^

* Poems by xValix Haze

1. Consultant is the title of a senior hospital-based physician or surgeon who has completed all of his or her specialist training and been placed on the specialist register in their chosen speciality. Their role is entirely distinct to that of general practitioners, or GPs