Chapter Twenty three

Beneath your crescent eyes


"Yonghwa," she hummed while my arm is her pillow at this moment. 

"Why?" 

"Can you please help me?" 

I caressed her hair while her eyes are staring at me. I've been saying this on my mind for quite a lot now, that I wished we can be just like this. She going to yell because of the girls I've dated back, whining like a kid when she's hungry and holding my hand like a mother in a cold night. "What kind of help?" 

"Majesty of Grandeur, I want to find what are them and the possibilities that I am related to them," she sighed. "Honestly, I don't have a family in my time. I've been living there like I'm invisible. I was raised by a nun and got out of the orphanage when I turned fifteen."

Hearing her story for the first time melted my heart. I didn't expect that she was that kind of girl back then. I thought she was a princess like because the time she woke up in my bed, she looked like a real princess. I never thought how hard her life back on those years. 

"And for the first time that Cecilia said I am one of the Majesty of Grandeur," she smiled. "I am shocked but I am actually happy inside that I am part of something or someone."

"You are a very special part of me Shinhye."

"Silly," she but her lip. "Please help me find who are those Majesty of Grandeur. I know you are a Hexer but please help me." 

I hugged her and kissed her hair. "I'll help you beginning tomorrow. Let's find where you came from, Shinhye." 


***


Majesty of Grandeur? Huh Yonghwa? I can clearly hear Royce's voice. This is a dream again. I am aware that I can just hold Shinhye's hand for him to vanish in my mind but it seems to me that Royce knew about them. 

I'll tell you now, my brother, Majesty of Grandeur is our target. Those grandeurs that needed to be killed by us, Hexers. 

"Why?" I whispered. 

Because it's our job to do so. Our fathers have done it, so do we to continue our legacy. 

"What if I don't? What if we don't?" My tears are falling. 

There's no what if, Yonghwa. It is a curse.

"So you want to kill, Shinhye?" I gripped Shinhye's hand, she moaned a bit but glad that she didn't woke up.

Royce came right in front of me. "Actually that girl beside you is living longer now than what the curse expected to be. Our forefathers cursed the first daughters of the Grandeurs to die at the age of twenty three. Luckily, I don't know why she's still breathing but we have our job to cover it up. So we need to kill her so the Hexer of Great Divine will be alive for the next generations."

"Why? Why our forefathers cursed them?" 

"Fame? Power? Everything that Majesty of Grandeurs possess is the reason of the long curse of the Hexers." He stepped slowly enough to touch Shinhye's face. 

"Don't touch her," I glared. "Don't forget what I said? If you lay a finger on her, you'll dead. I don't care being a hexer or our fathers will bury me in undying fire just don't touch her." 

"If you say so, I won't. But you will be the one who will kill her." 

"I won't." 

"You won't?" Royce smirked.

"That's final." I closed my eyes. "Go now."

"Then I guess I'll kill you first before killing her." He stared at me. 

"Go ahead, if you can." I touched Shinhye's hand and held it so bad. Royce can't hurt me if I am with Shinhye. That's the thing he doesn't know. 

He pointed at my head and I think he's doing that curse again for me. I mocked him by slowly closing my eyes. 

"You are so easy to kill, my dear brother." He said. "It's so easy to kill this girl." 

 

"I guess not, my dear brother." I opened my eyes and glared at him. I protected Shinhye with my whole body. 

Royce seem surprised that I didn't went to his curse. But hence he gave a very soft laugh. "Go protect your girl who will kill you in the end, Yonghwa." 

 

***


7:56am
July 1, 2014


"Wake up! Sleepy head!" I ruffled Shinhye's hair. 

She irritably sit and combed her hair with her hand. "I'm still sleepy."

"Get up, you said you want me to help you." I smiled.

"Help with?" She innocently asked me. 

I pouted back. "You said you wanted to find the Majesty of Grandeur." I helped her stood up and pushed her to the bathroom. I made a decision now, I will still help her find the majesties. I want to know more what happened to her why she doesn't have any family at her time. And even I know in the future that this girl I love will probably kill me in the future. I'd still help her find what she is. Because if the hexers can't fulfill the curse, me and Royce will be the one who'll cursed to death. I am maybe a disgrace to the Hexer of Great Divine but I don't want to kill the only person that made me realize that loving someone can actually changed everything.


"Yonghwa, I don't want to find them anymore. I changed my mind." Shinhye came back and smiling like a kid again. 

"Why?" She's so urged to find them and I don't understand her now. 

"I just feel like not finding anyone. I also felt like I am not really one of them." She clung on my shoulder again. "Let's go eat breakfast. I'm hungry." 

"Shinhye," I stopped her. "Did you hear us last night?" 

"Hear? Who?"

"You heard us." I said.

She smiled again. "That's why I don't want to find them anymore." 

"It's okay, Shinhye." 

"Silly," she ruffled my bed morning hair. "And maybe I'll go back to my time one of these days. So, let's go eat."