Chapter Eleven

Beneath your crescent eyes


"Jung Yonghwa's lover?" The girl smiled sarcastically at Shinhye. My eyes are locked up in Shinhye's eyes. I don't what is going to be her next innocent line. I just wished we can just forget that word now.

"Could you stop bothering us?" I said to the girl. Shinhye nodded and she's like yes please so I can continue my hamburger.

The girl smiled again. "When did you get yourself locked with one woman, Yongyong? I never thought you would be," she said. Until the end she didn't get off her smirk at Shinhye.


When the girl is nothing to be seen, Shinhye continued eating but starting at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're not scared?"

"Scared about what?"

She went beside me and whispered, "the girl said she will kill you," she looked so serious.

And again, I can't let this second without having a hard time. "She won't." I declared.

She stood up straight and faced me. "What?! Are you not getting the point?!" She shouted right in front of me.

I managed to smile and dragged her outside. I'm thinking she might be overdosed with burgers, and she might say a lot of things that would be beyond of this year. She was letting me walk with her now as my hand are first timely with her hand. I was so in need of getting her out of there that I forgot that it is her wrist I need to grab. She wasn't saying anything now, when she supposed to yell at this time. I stopped from walking. "Are you aware that you are so innocent? Very very innocent." I sighed.

"How come?" She asked me.

I bit my lip. "Everything you do are done with pure innocence. You words, actions and even the way you eat hamburgers." I sighed again. "And the bang," I can't say it.

She sit and placed her both hands to cover her face, "I'm sorry." She cried in her hands.

I was surprised, I am seeing her sobbing like she was at fault. When she is not, it is not her fault. It wasn't her mistake that she was like that. She is crying, and that proves her innocence again.

"I'm sorry if I am an irritation for you," she weeped.

Irritation? No she was not, not in every damn way. She wasn't annoy me, in fact I see it very beautifully. Too beautiful that I can't really handle. "Stop crying," I said.

"Say I'm forgiven first."

"Why would I say that?" I tapped her head. "I'm not angry, Shinhye."

"You are," she continued crying.

"I'm not." I giggled. "Do you really want to know what bang means?" I said sincerely. "Then brace yourself, innocent Shinhye."

She looked at me.

"What that disrespectful girl said was bang in bed, that mean something happened to us in bed." I tried my best not to say what it really mean. "And we did that thing, we've done that thing aside from sleeping."

"Making love?" She asked.

"No, I'm not saying it is making love, because there wasn't a love involve." I tried myself composed. "Do you understand me now?"

She is just staring at me, but what I saw weren't the look of disgust. I mean that was the first thing she would think about me, that I am just a mere playboy. But it wasn't. "I can't believe it is too easy for the people today to do that with one another without being in love."

"No," I said. "In this time when you really love the person, it will be hard for you to do that. Because you are too inlove that you wouldn't dare to hurt her. Because you are too inlove that you will wait for the right time to make love." I admit that I am a really bad person, I make out with girls I want to. But I am a lover inside and I still believe in love and I am surprised with myself even more that I actually telling this to her.

"Then why are you doing that?" She asked me again.

"Because I can't sleep at night, night mares are killing me once I sleep. So do those things for me to forget." I honestly said. It's true, I do that not just because I'm attractive to them but it helps me to forget the nightmares that Royce is having too.

Thank God she stopped crying, and she is listening to what I'm saying in the middle of the road. She caress my head and pout. "Really? Then why you are snoring like a kid last night?" She asked me and grinned. "But it's okay. I understand now. Thank you, Yonghwa." She get up.


One second, all things happened bounced to me like lightning. I held her hand to stop her from walking again. The time she end up sleeping in bed, everything has changed. On those nights we are together, I haven't been having nightmares. I would only wake with her innocent yells. "What are you, Shinhye?" I whispered.

"Hmm?" She hummed.

"Hexer of--," I stopped. "I haven't been hunt with nightmares since you came." I looked at her. "If everything in this world wasn't normal, what are you?" I asked again.

She looked at me. "I don't know what I am." She seriously said.


I remember when Royce came to us, he did some curse on me but when Shinhye hold my chest I came to life in a second. Before I thought that maybe Royce's really didn't curse me but now I felt something is strange. It is like everything about me now is normal, because of Shinhye. I stared at her beautiful face. "Thank you," I sincerely said.

"For what?" She smiled.

I pulled her in my arms. I don't care if she will freak or yell at me. But now I just want to cuddle her, because for the first time I felt alive. I just realized I have been a normal person with her. Before she entered my life, the souls of hexers are coming to me like silent killers and everything is a like a black sky but now it is like I am very accustomed with her innocence.

And that innocence is like saving me from everything about me.