42 Saeng il Chuk ha hamnida my love...

The Strength of Our Strings

Min Ho was excited with his discovery. He was extremely excited the fact that he felt she had given him a very important and most memorable gift as a wife. He recalled the day before that....

He was holding the pregnancy test he brought earlier that day. During his ride from the airport, right after the discussion about the probability of Shin Hye becoming pregnant, he planned on how he would verify it. There were several options that went through his head earlier:

1. Pretend that the pregnancy test is a gift.

 'Anya! Anya! She'll freak out and get upset!" He said to himself.

2. Place the pregnancy test at the bottom of the toilet bowl. 

"Yah! That's just dirty. Ottoke? How are you going to retrieve it afterwards?" His manager scolded him for his second decision.

3. Or... I need to fake a broken toilet bowl.

"Meaning?" Asked his manager further.

"First I would stop the water supply that leads to the toilet bowl tank then flush it out to empty it. Then, after she does her job. I would pretend to using it and then I would dip the pregnancy test." Min Ho said excitedly. 

"What if she does more than urinating?" Tested his manager.

"Then, I would have to flush it. And wait for another opportunity." He said filled with determination. 

Since, what he had planned succeeded. He thought of ways of how to inform her that she was with his baby. He couldn't help smiling widely. When he arrived, she was already out for her fan signing. He thought of  how Shin Hye might react after informing her, she might be in denial. 

"I need to buy some more of those test." He thought. He was thinking that if she didn't believe him, he would ask her to take the pregnancy test herself.

He went out of their house and headed to a pharmacy with less populated area.

"Are sure you want to purchase 10 sir?" Said the girl who doesn't seem to recognize him. 

Min Ho nodded so that they girl would process his purchase quickly. After purchasing them, he stopped at Shin Hye's favourite cafe to order sandwiches for her. He was so happy with the possibility of her carrying his baby that he ordered one each of different sandwhiches.

"You must be having a party Min Ho-ssi?" Said the manager of the cafe who recognized him.

"I  will be, " He said happily.

"Oh, since tomorrow is your birthday. We are giving you this complementary cupcakes. We hope you will enjoy them." The manager said as he handed the things he purchased. 

He put on the song by 2Young-Serendipity which he came to like so much since last year and sang to it as he drove to their mansion. The song always reminded him of Shin Hye after their drama. He was also hinting it to her during their commentary filming of how he liked the song. He was happy Shin Hye understood the meaning behind it. 

He entered his house to find that Shin Hye was lying on the couch tired after her fan meet. She looked really pretty with the clothes she had on. She looked sweet and feminine. Min Ho smiled and brought in the things he bought quietly not wanting to wake her up.  He first brought in the food and put them on the dining table. Then, he went out again to get the pregnancy tests and hid them in his armoire. As he entered he found that Shin Hye was not on the couch anymore, "Was I seeing things?" He said. He could be since he was excited, he headed upstairs and went into their room.

"Yah!!!" Shin Hye scolded him feeling a tad annoyed that he bumped into her.

The pregnancy tests paper bag fell on the floor and they were scattered around their feet. Min Ho froze. His plan seemed to fail. He was racking his brain of how to tell her the reasons why he bought a lot of pregnancy tests. He expected Shin Hye to get angry at him and ran away again like she did. That was worst than anything for any women to see their husband carrying a lot of pregnancy tests without any valid reasons at all and since, they didn't expect to have children for quite sometime. Instead, Shin Hye with a calm face, went down and picked his items and put it into the paper bag. Min Ho was still standing and frozen. Shin Hye calmly handed him the pregnancy tests.

"Here," She handed him.

He cleared his throat and blinked a few times, "Neh?" He was startled and he slowly took it. "S-Shin Hye yah..." He wanted to explain.

"Your manager called, you need to get back to your filming set this afternoon," She said quietly. 

"What? I just got back," He whined. "They told me, the filming will be next week." He said. "My birthday is coming up and we wanted to spend with my family."

"It's okay... It's your work." She said calmly. 

"Are you not going to ask about these?" He asked. 

Shin Hye smiled calmly which was scaring Min Ho a little bit. She took his hand and brought him to the edge of the bed, "Sit Chakgya.." She asked. Min Ho did as he was asked.  "I was looking for my lipstick earlier and.. I went through your drawer of the bedside table, I found something I think and ..." 

"Let me explain.." Min Ho cut her.

"Wait... Let me say what I want to say first Chakgya... Who ever it is... I hope you will be happy. Be responsible to her." Shin Hye advised.

"I will..." Min Ho just went along. It seemed that Shin Hye thought that the pregnancy test belonged to other women.

"Be a kind and loving father as you always wanted to your baby." She continued patiently.

"I will and you will too..." He continued.

"No, I will not be in the picture and come in between you two. It wouldn't be fair." She tried to explain, she thought that Min Ho had wanted to keep both her and the woman he impregnanted.

"But, the baby can't be without you," Min Ho said which made Shin Hye looked at him as if he was not making any sense.

"Chakgya, you can't just steal her baby and neglect the mother!" SHin Hye was getting a bit impatient.

"I am not, I am keeping both the baby and the mother." Min Ho played her.

"Yah! This is crazy. I'll make it easy. I can't live with you when you have another woman as your mistress." She stood. Min Ho immediately locked her hand with his, feeling afraid she would runaway.

"It's yours." He said to her smiling.

She looked at him confused and also feeling angry as he was not making sense to her. She pressed her lips. "What possible reason can the pregnancy test be mine? Unless, you have a fan who loves you so much that she is giving the baby as your present?!" She began to raise her voice in frustration.

"Are you my fan?" He asked and again to Shin Hye, he was not making sense. She just looked at him annoyingly and nodded.

"You're my fan who is giving me the baby." He told her finally. 

"Yah!" She protested. "Are you cra...mppppffftttt." She was unable to finish her sentence when Min Ho immediately kissed her passionately. "Yah~~" She was weak with his kiss. 

"Chuka hap ni da Yoebo. You are pregnant," He announced it to her. Shin Hye looked at him confused. "Remember? Last night, the toilet flush was not working. I told you that I would fix it." Shin Hye eyes widened as she realized what had happened. "It explains a lot, why you were emotional, the cravings, having a hard time to memorize your notes, tired and irratated at me." He said smiling at her lovingly. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Shin Hye was unable to say anything or even to move. She felt the world around her was swirling that she lost her balance. Min Ho caught her and brought her to their bed and laid her there. He watched her beautiful face, still confused. "Should we go to the clinic?" He asked feeling worried. She shook her head slowly. 

"H-H-How can this happen? We take good care of it... I ate my pills all the time." She seemed to be in shock. "Ottoke?" She looked at him worried. Min Ho was a bit disappointed as he thought Shin Hye didn't want the baby. Shin Hye slowly touched her stomach. "I'm pregnant?" She cried. She still couldn't digest the information in her head. "Ottoke?" She asked.

"I searched about the pills, there are times they didn't work. I am guessing, it's God's work and our fate. I believe that there is an extremely good reason why this baby is here with us. I will give you sometime, I'll go down stair and get you some water," He  had to calm her down and eventhough, he was disappointed by Shin Hye's reaction, he knew better that, Shin Hye was worried more about the well being of their baby especially after the recent incident at her worksite. He let her cool off first, he went downstairs to get her some water. When he came up, Shin Hye was sitting at the edge of the bed smiling at him. 

"Gwenchana?" He asked as he handed the water. She nodded and grabbed the glass and drank it. 

"Mian He... It's not that I am not excited but I was just shocked." She told him softly. "Besides, we didn't plan to have one this soon but for the sake of our baby, I will be brave." She told him. Min Ho looked at her, his facial expression was really happy, he hugged her. Shin Hye smiled at his reaction and she was happy to make him feel that way. 

"Shin Hye yah.. We'll get through this together. I will not abandon you and the baby. This is the best present ever. In fact, I want us to have more." He said.

"Yah... This one is not borned yet and you want another one?" She hit him on his arm. 

Min Ho smiled at her reaction,"Well..." He .

"Yah!!!" She scolded him.

"Be careful, you need to take care of the baby and I will take care of you," He said feeling wonderous.

"Keunde... What's with that many pregnancy tests?" She asked out of curiousity.

"Well... I wanted you to take another 10 as I plan to keep one for memory and frame it." He told her his plan.

"What? Noh mi Cheossoh?" She snapped. "Are you planning framing the rest as well?" She asked

"One for Omma, One for Aboji, One for Eomoni, One for Abonim, One for my sister, One for your brother, One for manager Han, One for manager Jun, One for you..." He tried to look cute at her.

"Yah!!!!" She laughed at his ideas which seemed adorable to her, "Saengil Chuk ha hamnida Chakgya..." Shin Hye wished him as she leaned and kissed him softly on his lips. 

"Gomawo Yoebo..." He said he replied lovingly to her.  

 

Can you show your mind tonight?
Can you show your mind tonight?
Is there a spiderweb in my head?
Things keep getting tangled
My heart is tangled even more
than that and it’s your fault
You, the one love in a world I can’t
have, keep coming to me Did you know
that my feet only look for you without
me knowing? (dizzy lonely tonight)
It seems like I became two different
people after meeting you (little by little,
one by one, I’m changing) It’s so weird,
this fluttering feeling mixed with
nervousness in my heart (maybe I’m
scared that I’ll lose you) I want to get to
know your world that is unknown to me
(tell me, let me hear it,
show me yourself)
Even the air around us is different so
can we really fall i love?
(you are too perfect for me)
A headache came before love, all day, it
felt like nighttime Did you know that I
want to have your morning?
(dizzy lonely tonight)
It seems like I became two different
people after meeting you (little by little,
one by one, I’m changing) It’s so weird,
this fluttering feeling mixed with
nervousness in my heart (maybe I’m
scared that I’ll lose you) I want to get to
know your world that is unknown to me
(tell me, let me hear it,
show me yourself) Even the air
around us is different so
can we really fall i love?
(make me special)
I want to believe in serendipity,
the hand of fate (hopefully,
I wanted to be one, not two)
I hope we were put
in the same place
so I could recognize you
(please recognize me too)
Even the air
around us is different
so can we really fall in love?
(make me special)

OST HEIRS -SERENDIPITY by 2Young

Cr. http://southkoreaaddict2.blogspot.com/2014/03/serendipity-by-2young-ost-heirs-lyric.html

P/S: Is this the final chapter? Perhaps, do we miss them? ; )

This is it people, the end of this book.  I leave the ending open as, who knows in the future I might be up for a third one LOL but at the moment, I have a new project in mind. I am happy to have written this ff and at the same time feeling emotional ending it. As it seemed shorter than the first one but the story in each chapter is rather longer. I love you all my zombie readers. This zombie writer hesitantly have to say good bye to all casts of this book 2 and of course, the beloved readers. It's been fun and it's helped me to grow as a writer.  Once, again saranghae people. Take care and may all of your days filled with greatness and happiness.