37 Behind all...

The Strength of Our Strings

Shin Hye sat on the ground. She breathed in and out reaching the calmness in her heart. She felt it was the right thing to do. She was convinced that she did the very best for the person she cared and loved most.

"Mianhe Oppa... I was selfish to hold on to you," Shin Hye whispered as she pulled the flower close to her and smelled it. In her eyes, she could only see him, in her mind, there was only him. Tears began to roll on her cheeks but she quickly wiped it off as she didn't want people passing by to be suspiscious. "River Han, listen to my broken heart." She said. She stared at the vast river, she loved it there. She sometimes go for cycling along it. It brought such happy memories. "This is the punishment for forcing someone to love me..." She said softly.

************

"Check you phone again." His sister urged him. "Maybe someone texted or called?" Min Ho did what he was told. Their parents stared at him checking his phone hoping for something to indicate them to her. They tried to call everyone whom she might approach but everyone gave them the same answer and asked the same question, "No, I haven't seen her and why?" It was getting tiring and frustrating for everyone, especially Min Ho. 

Shin Hye wrote an apology letter to his parents as well saying everything was her fault but they knew better, she was a lovely daughter in law that anyone could wish for.

Min Ho checked everything. His phone didn't indicate anyone calling. He then recalled that he had not checked the one that she returned. 

"Hyung, get me her phone." He instructed his manager. 

Manager Jun came forward and handed Shin Hye's work phone. He was confused as he thought that was what Min Ho meant. Min Ho just take it and looked through. He read multiple texts from her friends who was worried about her. Nothing was suspiscious. Manager Han came in running after he went outside to get the couple phone. He cautiously handed it to Min Ho. 

Min Ho quickly fiddled with the phone. He was staring at something he wished didn't happen.

"Wae?" His mother asked him since he suddenly stopped fiddling with the phone.

*************

Back to the night before....

After texting her love to Min Ho, Shin Hye decided to take a walk outside her trailer. She was happy the fact that Min Ho loved her and became her energizer and two, things were getting better at her work site. She walked for a bit around the area. She met some people along the way. Some of her cast mates had gone to their home as they didn't have shooting till late but Shin Hye and a few others had to stay since they finish late. 

She went back to her trailer. The asistant manager was about to leave when she went up her trailer. They exchanged greeting and Shin Hye sent her out. She then locked her door and shut the blinders. She took out her notes and started to study for her exam but her minds kept on thinking back about Min Ho. Everything about him interests her. She felt like a teenage girl in love as she was smiling by herself and humming love songs they had listened together. Then she got herself back to her study, "Shin Hye! Fightii!!" She said to herself.  She wrote and read and memorized as much as she could. She then heard a ring tone which was not particularly hers. "Hmmm...." She wondered and turned her head to her side. Min Ho work phone was ringing and no name appeared but numbers which seemed to be foreign. She recalled that he did ask her to answer if someone calls. She did once before and this time she felt quite uneasy. She didn't want to answer but she was afraid it could be his work.

"Y-Yobuseyo?" Shin Hye answered.

"Neh? Min Ho?" Said a female voice. 

'It could be his sister but the voice is a bit lighter.'  Shin Hye wondered. "Neh?" She replied.

"Big Nana is that you?" The female said on her end. "Where's Min Ho?"

"Dugu?" Shin Hye asked pretending to be Big Nana. 

"It's me Min Youngie..." She said excitedly. "Is Min Ho busy?" She asked.

"Neh?" Shin Hye's mind went blank and her heart sank. 'Why is she calling him? Pabo Shin Hye.. they are friends.' She calmed her heart.

"Ani... Tell him he better warn his manager. A picture of us hanging out last two weeks came up. I hate another scandal coming out." Min Young said curtly. "Yah.. Big Nana?" She was wary when no one responded. "Aish.. the line here is really terrible. I'll send him the article. Bye." 

The conversation was short but it created a whole new definition to Shin Hye. After the conversation, she put down the phone. She heard a beep. She opened the text, a link was given. Without thinking much, Shin Hye took a picture of it with her couple phone. She then read it.

 

"Power couple caught again.

As the picture is seen, top actor, Lee Min Ho and rising star as well as his ex-girlfriend, Park Min Young, were caught having an intimate time at Cafe X in Y area.  The two of them looked comfortable and loving. Park Min Young exudes happy radiance as she talk with Lee Min Ho who seemed to give her serious attention. The two seemed to discuss something very serious. Will Min Ho admit his relationship to the world before going to the army? Will he follow the steps of fellow celebrities like Lee Seunggi and Rain before going for military service? We hope to hear this happy news soon."

 

With it  Shin Hye felt her whole world shattered. 

"Why did he meet her? Why didn't he tell me? He would be mad if I didn't tell him if I ever meet any of my friends outside." Shin Hye told herself. She brought herself to read comments left by netizen after the article. "Was he confuse? What about the things he said to me?" Shin Hye said, she was confused and frustrated. "Am I being irrational?" She asked herself. "What if of all this time he was with me because he felt responsible for me because he had to not because he love me." She said. 

************* 

"Look at this..." He showed his manager the article Shin Hye had read.  

"What is it?" His mother asked. She then stood up and looked at the phone. "Min Ho!" She scolded.

"I swear mom, I didn't meet her .. I meant it was a coincidence." He explained himself.  He then quickly turned to his in laws and apologize, "I swear I did not set up any meeting to meet Park Min Young." Both of his in laws threw in a surprised facial expression but immediately calmed down. "I was shopping to buy this phone for Shin Hye and she just happened to be in the area and we bumped into each other. While..."

"He was waiting for me to finish my errand. He was at the cafe and she joined it. It was a friendly and mutual meet." Manager Han tried to defend Min Ho. 

"It's my fault. I should have told Shin Hye immediately but I forgot I was excited to give her the gift and to spend time with her. " He explained and recalled that day. 

"Gwenchana... Don't worry... It's no one's fault. It's just a misunderstanding." SHin Hye's father said calmly. "I think I am partly at fault as well... " He explained the talk he had with his daughter.

"No... I can understand that Aboneim.. I told SHin Hye I would do the same if we ever have any daughters. I can understand the concern." Min Ho told him as man to man. "Shin Hye yah.. Chebal..." 

Shin Hye's phone rang and Min Ho quickly answered.

"Eo? Why are you answering the phone?" Ara asked.

"Why are you calling?" Min Ho asked.

"I was going to ask her why she was sitting at Han Riv..." Min Ho immediately ended the call and took the keys from his manager. 

He drove to Han River immediately and ran to look for Shin Hye.  

"Shin Hye.. where are you my love?" He said in his thoughts as he looked around. Then, not far from him he saw a lovely woman sitting serenely on the grass hugging he legs with her chin on her knees, the position she loved to use whenever she felt unsettled. He stood there to enjoy staring at the breathtaking view. Even though he was looking at her from behind, he could tell the slouching of her shoulders that she was sad and thoroughly upset. He was about to walk to her but someone grabber his hand. He looked back, it was Ara. Ara looked at him with hatred. He knew why... She probably talked to Shin Hye. "Ara I can explain," He begged.

"I bet you can... I told you not to hurt her." She said. 

"I know.. it was unintentional... It was a coincidental. We just talked and I was making it clear to her that me and her was done and deal." Min Ho explained. He couldn't wait to run to Shin Hye. Ara seemed to understood. She let go of his hand. Min Ho stood for awhile as he stared ad Shin Hye. "She's probably really hurt." He said. "I promised her I would protect her from people hurting her but I ended up scarring her." He said sadly. 

"Give it time. She's very innocent in this kind of thing. She had never had any serious relationship before. This is a first. So, women can go crazy. We all hate the idea of being cheated on especially when you've given your life to the other person." Ara explained to Min Ho. "Let me talk to her first. Why don't you wait at her home. I will bring her back." Ara promised.

Min Ho had to hold himself. He wanted so much to hold Shin Hye and explained to her everything. He called his manager and informed him that he found her safe and sound. 

*********

"Hey, you!" Ara greeted Shin Hye as she sat down next to her. Shin Hye was startled, not believing her eyes that Ara was there. She smiled bleakly at him. 

"Hey..." Shin Hye greeted back. Ara locked arms with Shin Hye. "Wae?" Shin Hye asked.

"I am scared that you might jump into the river,"Ara joked. 

"Ya... Why would I?" Shin Hye asked. "Maybe after my exam result is out." She joked back.

"Yahhhhh" Ara scolded her. Both of them laughed at their ridiculous jokes. "I was drawn to this place and when I saw you I immediately know that something was wrong..." Ara tried to console. "You're never like this." She continued, "After you send that article to me, I was mad and I knew you would do this." Ara said. "I didn't hear anything from you the whole day and I was worried. After the shoot, I went here immediately as I felt your presence the strongest here." She told Shin Hye. Shin Hye burst into tears.

"I was so stupid Ara... What was I thinking... I love him so much. All I could think about was how I wronged him..." She said.

"How could you wrong him?" Ara asked. 

"I might have forced him into thinking that he loved me, it could be the residual feelings after our drama. I thought I was confused at first but after sometimes, I knew that I fell in love with him for real." Shin Hye said as she sobbed.

"Yah... It could be the same for him." Ara tried to reason with Shin Hye.

"But... What if it's not. what if he just figured out that..." SHin Hye's sentence was cut.

"He can never live without her." Min Ho said as he was behind Shin Hye. Shin Hye was startled. She stood up and tried to walk away but Min Ho quickly back hugged her. "No! Don't go!" He said as he tightened his hug. Ara's eyes widened as she thought he was gone to Shin Hye's house. 

"Please, Oppa!"Shin Hye insisted.

"No, Yoebo... I can't let you go or I die."Min Ho threatened her. Shin Hye stopped sobbing.

"Andwe! You cannot die." Shin Hye scolded him. 

"Yah! You two are attracting people," Ara told them. Before people came closer, Min Ho quickly grabbed Shin Hye's hand and brought her to his van.  

"Aish.... Drama couple indeed!" Ara said as she sat on the grass and enjoyed the view.

 

You and I,

We depend on one another,

Your innocence belongs to me,

I belong to you...

 

P/s: It's 5.30 a.m......... Zombie apparently needs to sleep as well... I guess I am not one... Lols...