25 Just a friendly coincidental meet...

The Strength of Our Strings

Min Ho sat uncomfortably in front of Park Min Young. He ordered his usual drink and Park Min Young asked for the same thing and a cake that was on display. After the waitress went away, Park Min Young smiled at Min Ho, who seemed to dart his eyes somewhere else other than looking at her. His manager had to go somewhere first, he wished that his manager was there as well. He was also worried that someone might took picture of them and all hell broke loose like it was before.

"It's been a long time." She opened the conversation.

"Deh..." Min Ho answered shortly.

"So how is everything?" She asked casually.

"Everything is good..." He answered. "How is your life?" He questioned.

"Everything is good. Offers are pouring in." She told him. Min Ho just nodded without saying anything. "Who are you shopping for?" Park Min Young asked as she saw a paper bag on their table.

"Someone..." He answered not willing to offer further information.

"I see..." Park Min Young pressed her lips together. "I am guessing it is an important person to you if you are not telling any further." She assumed right. Again Min Ho just smiled and nodded."Don't get me wrong... I don't mean to disrespect or anything. We've been our seperate ways for quite sometime now and I thought we could get along as friends." She continued.

"I understand. I am not offended. I appreciate the gestures. It's just that I am not ready to tell and I feel comfortable that for now, no one knows." He explained."It's just for a dear friend anyway..." It was hard for him to say that. 

"I hope you will be happy for the rest of your life with your chosen person." She wished sincerely. 

"Thank you very much and likewise, I wish you the same. " He politely replied. 

"I watched your latest drama. You are so lucky to act with Park Shin Hye-Ssi. She's a hot actress at the moment." She tried to change the subject. Min Ho smiled again and simply nodded. "What was she like?" Park Min Young tried to sound casual.

"Kenyang... She's just the way people say about her. She's nice, helpful, serious, happy-go-lucky, she's everything nice wrapped into one." He tried to hold his excitement. 

"You know, I actually felt a huge relief when things didn't work out between us." She confessed. Min Ho raised one of his eye brows to this statement. "I have made my mind to marry someone who is not in our industry. It's easier that way." She continued.

"Wae?" Min ho was intrigued.

"I was watching several interviews of actresses who are married to actors, I can see it's not easy for them. I would probably break down in the shortest amount of time." She told him. 

"I see..." He uttered. "I guess it would be the same with actors." Min Ho tried to balance the argument.

"You see, the female would try to preserve their status when they are married. I saw one of the recent dramas with an actress who made her come back, I notice she was quite reserved than when she was before she got married. It's not a total balance. Hence why, some decided to stop acting no matter how super talented they are." She disclosed her views. 

"I agree and see the truth in your opinions." Min Ho agreed. "Do you plan to stop acting once you are married?" He asked.

"It depends... If my future husband is alright with me acting then I would continue but I would probably choose a project which is not too racy." She said her honest opinion. "How about you? If say, you are married to an actress? Say....." She was thinking of a name, "What if it's Park Shin Hye... who happens to be loved by many and very famous too. Would you ask her to stop acting?"

'Why must it be Shin Hye that you choose? Arghhh....' Min Ho gave her a weird smile as he was trying to process his answer. "I am not sure though, I may say things this way now but later on when it actually happens, I might say something else you see. So, I think I shall choose that she and I need to thoroughly talk and discuss properly so to avoid hurting one another's feelings." He tried to be diplomatic about his answer.

Min Young nodded in agreement, "You are wise for your age. Most men I asked would immediately say that they would rather the wife stop being an actress or if she wants to continue to do so, he would ask her to take a part which is more docile."  The waitress came with their drinks and Min Young's cake. She took a sip of the drink and ate the cake.

"Well, when you want to be in a relationship, I think well I know in the past I was probably different than who I am today, I feel that we need to reach an agreement. It's not just about pleasing one side. It's not fair." Min Ho finally warmed up a little bit. 

"True... I think that is the dilemma we actresses face. " She agreed. "Our country is quite patriachal in society. BUt things are changing." She said wisely. "The dynamics of our society is slowly reaching a good balance."

"Karee..." Min Ho agreed. 

"Oh, you also acted with Choi Jin Hyuk who became your big brother in the drama. I adore him. I think he looks cute with Park Shin Hye." Park Min Young claimed.

'Whatttttt!!!! She's mine!' Min Ho started to feel very territorial at Shin Hye. "What makes you think so?" He maintained his cool. 

"Well, kenyang... They give really good vibe. Both acted quite maturely and they look good with each other." Park Min Young explained.

"Who in my drama do you think looks good with me?" He asked out of curiousity.

"I'm not sure... I meant I've worked with you before and... I don't know how much you have changed... Say... Krystal?" She shrugged. "I do know you like a livelier person and sophistication, probably Kim Ji Won." She guessed. 

'That is soooo far offffff!!!!'  He screamed in his heart. He smiled, "We'll see... at this stage, there are just too many choices, I get headache at times and my agency booked me up to my head that I barely have time to think of relationship." He lied. 'I am already filled up with my love up to my head. I've no desire to look at others.'  He wanted to tell Park Min Young that but he knew better just to remain quiet about it.

"If you don't mind... Are you still feeling awkward seeing me?" Park Min Young asked as she mustered the courage to do so.

"Maybe at first, to be honest, right after those things, we didn't really properly meet anymore. It is also to avoid anymore crazy rumours and of course your safety against, well, some of ..." He didn't manage to finish of his sentence as it felt that he was hurt himself when he found out some of his outrageous fan tried to cyber bully her.

"It's inevitable." She said cooly. "That's what we face when we are in this industry. We just need to be strong." She said as she finished her cake. "Well, I have to get going. You better spend some more time here to avoid people suspecting. It's nice to meet and finally talk to you again. I wish you all the best. The drink is on me"

"Ah... Thank you very much and likewise." He politely stood up and let Park Min Young leave.

Luckily, the cafe was quite empty and he could spend some more time setting up his mobile phone and Shin Hye's before his manager would come to pick him up. He looked like a little boy assembling parts of a toy together. His excitement was shown in his expression.

'Yes!' He said under his breathe as he finished setting up his phone and putting on the cases on each of the phone. "All I need to do now is to get her a number." He continued talking to himself." Manager Han took quite sometime to pick him up, Min Ho somehow was thinking about what Park Min young said regarding how if an actress got married, they couldn't act as diverse as they should have been when they are single. His thoughts were then brought to Shin Hye. He tried to think of how he would feel if he was to see her kissing her other male co-stars. "Do you think you can survive it Min Ho?" He asked himself. "That's probably what she would feel as well..." He thought deeply. 

 

I miss you so much....

Why do we have to be tested this way...

Hold on to me strongly....

We must stick together till death part us...

Then meet again in the next chapter of our life...

 

P/S: \{*V*}/