22 My Dear....

The Strength of Our Strings

Yong Hwa calmed himself before he went out to join the crowd. He didn't want people to get suspiscious of his absence. He needed to put the hurt feeling aside. Her scent was still lingering around the van. Her empathic feeling was still within his vision. The heavy feelings inside his heart suffocated him. He decided that he needed to take a breather. As he was about to get out of the van, he heard an unfamiliar ringtone. He looked at where Shin Hye was sitting, he saw her mobile phone ringing.  'My Dear' appeared on her screen. Yong Hwa didn't want to think so much about it, he got the hunch of who it was. He contemplated of wether he should answer or not but it was as if his body didn't listen to him, his hand reached out to it and his other hand slide on the screen. He put the mobile phone on his ear, he held his breath.

"Shin Hye yah... Odiga?" He heard a soft spoken lady on the other side of the line. 

"Y-y - yobuseyo?" He spoke.

"Min Ho Saui?" The voice said again.

"A-ani... This is Yong Hwa Eommoni." Yong Hwa explained. 

"Ah... O-Ot.. So sorry... dear... I thought.. Oh noo..." Her mother panicked.

"A-ani.. Kenchana.. I know already... she told me..." He tried to remain strong. "She left her phone on her chair, I will try to find her and give it to her." He promised her. After he hung up, he took a deep breath and went out smiling. Hiding all his pain away. 

He met her brother instead on the way, "Hyung!" Yong Hwa called. Park Shin Won turned to the familiar voice. "Anyeong Ha se yo!" He greeted Shin Won.

"Neh.. Anyeong Ha se yo." Shin Won greeted him back. "Have you seen SHin Hye?" He immediately asked Yong Hwa.

"Neh... I did earlier, she accidentally left her phone." Yong Hwa explained.

"Aigooo... that kid! She is getting forgetful!" Shin Won complained. "Let me have it. I am sure she will be looking for me as well." He told Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa handed him the mobile phone, and said his goodbye to Shin Won. "Wait! Yong Hwa... " Shin Won called him back as he was just two step away from him. "I need you to hold these first, I need to go to the toilet. " Shin Won said as he handed Yong HWa back the mobile phone and some of his stuff. 

"Neh." Yong Hwa agreed. While waiting for Shin Won, her mobile phone rang again. Thinking it was her mother again, he answered. "Yobuseyo?" The other line was quiet, "Eommoni?" He tried to guess. He heard a male voice clearing his throat.

"Is this not Shin Hye's phone?" Asked the male voice on the other end.

"Neh.. It is.." Yong Hwa answered slowly realizing that it was Min Ho's voice. 

"May I know to whom I am speaking to?" He asked politely, but a hint of stern detected from his voice.

"It's Yong Hwa." Yong Hwa answered curtly. It was as if they were in an invisible fight. Both of them had their guard up. "I'm just holding it for her. She left her phone in my van." He explained to him.

"Why is her phone in your van?" Min Ho asked and his voice slightly raised. 

"Don't worry... It was nothing. We were just talking. You can ask her." Yong Hwa tried to be as gentlemanly as he could. 

"Kare... " Min Ho said slowly. "Yong Hwa Ssi.. I apologized if I ever hurt your feelings or even so, your friendship. I am well aware how close you are with Shin Hye... But the nature of our relationship, no one can know. " Min Ho tried to elaborate further.

"Ara... she told me." He cut him short. 

"Look... I would like for us to be close too.. for Shin Hye's sake. Can we set a social date?" Min Ho suggested. "Just us two." He added.

Yong Hwa inhaled deeply. What Min Ho requested was a good suggestion but it depended on wether or not he was ready to face all this.  From afar, he saw Shin Hye's bright and radiant appearance. Some men present around the scene could not take their eyes of her. Some didn't want to miss a chance to take picture with her and even asking for her signature. Indeed, she is a people's person. Seeing how kind hearted and beautifully mannered she is, Yong Hwa knew, Shin Hye deserved a better chance for their friendship. " Alright, I will ask her to pass my number to you. I think it's a good idea as well." He agreed. "She's nearby. Do you want me to pass this phone to her?" Yong Hwa waved at Shin Hye.  Shin Hye noticed him and walked towards him. 

"No, I will just call her later. " Min Ho told him. He ended the call.

"Your phone and hyung's things. He went to the toilet earlier. I was waiting for him. " Yong Hwa explained as he passed all of the things he was holding to Shin Hye. 

"Oh.. Gomawo Yong Hwa. " She said politely. "Your manager was looking for you. He said you have to leave soon. You've got packed schedule." 

"Matta... Your mother called... and .. him.." He said trying to keep his face neutral and straight. Shin Hye tried to remain indifferent as well just simply nodded to his remark. "I'll be going then..." Yong Hwa left her as she watched him go straight to the back of the stage. 

Shin Hye sighed heavily. Her heart was heavy filled with pain. The pain of not wanting to hurt a good friend nor lose him. Not long after that, her brother appeared sweating from the heat of the summer. 

"Where did Yong Hwa go?" He asked as he unload his things from his sister. 

"He had to go to another event," She explained briefly. "Yah... You're sweating!" She scolded her brother. She looked into her purse and search for tissues and handed them to her brother. "Good job today. I enjoyed it. " She complimented her brother.

"Gomawoo dongseang. So are you coming home with me?" He asked his sister. "Omma.. Aboji miss you a lot. " He said as he packed his stuff.

"Neh.. I already informed my manager. I'll go with you hyung." She smiled brightly. After he greeted his band and thanked them, both of them headed to his car. On the way to the car, Shin Hye was stopped several times as people wanted to take pictures with her. 

"My famous sister... the reason why we can't get anywhere on time!" Her brother complained. "How are things?" He asked as he slowly drove out of the area. 

"I am doing fine. Just a bit tired. Oh Hyung! I wanna catch some sleep." She told him as she slowly closed her eyes. 

"Yah! You're always doing this to me! Whenever I drive, you sleep." Her brother whined as he switched on the car's radio. Shin Hye's song was airing. She wasn't fully immersed in her sleep, she smiled as she heard the song. "yah! Your 'Arm Pillow' is playing." Her brother tried to distract her sleep. 

"Araaaa" She answered lazily. As she was about to drift to sleep, her phone rang. She slowly opened her eyes and checked the screen. Her eyes widened. "What? He dared to call here." She squeeled.

"Dugu?" Her brother asked being curious.

"Yobuseyo?" She answered the call. She left her brother hanging.

"Are you free?" Min Ho asked in a very deep husky voice. "I need you." He tried to sound seductive which only made Shin Hye laughed.

"Ani... I am with a guy now. Why don't you call your girlfriend?" She teased. 

Min Ho tried to calm his heart down, he was hoping his assumption was correct that she was with her brother, "Girlfriend? Eonjie?" He tried to sound cool. "I am a single happy man!" He claimed.

"Karee... that is so true.. but why did you say you need me?" She teased back. At this point, Shin Won rolled his eyes, he knew at that point, it was his brother in law calling his sister. He deliberately increased the radio. "Yah... Hyung!" She yelled after she hit her brother's hand to let loose of the volume button and she lowered it back. 

"So... the guy is hyung?" Min Ho got back on track. " I thought it might be.... Yong Hwa... you know a worthy opponent." He tried to conceal his jealousy. 

"Yah... Why would I?" She was a bit taken aback as it made her recall of what happened earlier. "Although.. I do have something to tell you and it's not safe that we do it on the phone. I'm heading to my parents' place. I will call you later if I could try to meet you later. " She said seriously.

"When? When? If not I shall go to your parents' house. " He insisted impatiently. 

"Andwe!" SHin Hye said strictly. "YOu need to rest your ankle." She reminded him.

"I -AM- BOREDDDDDDDDD!" He screamed on the other hand which made Shin Hye distanced her phone from her ear.

"Araaaaaaa......." She screamed back which shocked her brother who was trying to focus on his driving as well as eavesdropping on his sister's conversation.  "Just wait okay.. I'll bring you something delicious." She promised him.

"That would be you." He cheekily added. 

"Yah!" SHin Hye blushed. "Watch it will you!"

"Arassoooo... come quick please and send my love to your parents." He finally said to Shin Hye. "And don't forget to tell My Dear that I love her." He added sweetly.

"Dugu?" She teased.

"Yahh!" Min Ho started to work up again.

"Yes, My Dear. Saranghaeyo." She cleverly played their game. They ended their conversation. Shin Hye looked at he phone screen and stared at the name she had written for him in her phone, 'My Dear Everything.' She smiled contently. 

 

My all, your low voice talks like a dream
You are coming to me

I’m so out of it when I hear your voice
My heart starts to pound
I close my eyes, I don’t know, I just wanna tell you everything

Hey, I really like you
Look at me, shyly saying this to you
I want to show you my heart a little bit
You are the best dear to me

Even this song that I’m singing out of happiness
I’ll always sing it for you
You are the best dear to me
You are the best dear to me
You are the best dear to me

-My Dear - Park Shin Hye 

P/S: I love her new song <3