38 From now on...

The Strength of Our Strings

Shin Hye remained quiet in the car. She remained still. Min Ho occassionally looked at Shin Hye with his worried expression which reflected his stormy emotion deep inside. Every time he changed the gear, he would immediately hold Shin Hye's cold hand. He would use his thumb to rub her hand trying to give the warmth to give back the life inside the person he loved. His lips were dry, his eyes red, he looked like he was ageing due to the worry he had to endure when the source of his life went missing.

As they reached her home, Shin Hye seemed unaware of it. She was still in trance. Her mind was going blank, her head was numbed, her lips dried, her face looked sunken and her eyes had dark circles around them and puffed up too. 

Min Ho took the courage to call out her name, "Shin Hye yah... Yoebo..." He called out softly. As if she was deafen by the rush of her thoughts, Shin Hye remained unmoved. Min Ho held his emotion in, he told himself to be patient. He let her sat quietly first, he just stared at her.

Not far from where he parked his van, his sister was spying on their arrival. She ran inside.

"They're here..." She announced.

"Why are they not getting in?" Min Ho's father asked feeling anxious to know what had happened. 

"Give it time dearest husband..." His mother chimed in as she brought him a cup of coffee prepared by Shin Hye's mother. "It's not easy to deal with woman's emotion." She reminded him.

"Ara... I have you and Jun Kyungie... " He reminded her. She gave him a loving smile. 

"That's why I know our boy will manage his wife well..." She assured him.

"We apologize Min Ho Appa and Omma... I think my daughter is just going through a phase," Her father apologized."I am partly to be blamed as well.. I was worried because I thought they can live as a normal husband and wife but I was rather frustrated that they had to conceal their marriage." He exhaled feeling very regretful towards his action. 

"Don't be Shin Hye Appa... I would do the same too if Jun Kyungie was in a similar situation. Any good fathers would feel that way. I think we need to talk to their agencies regarding this." His father suggested.

"I agree with that but I can understand why both of them agreed to the terms as well..." Her father reasoned. "They are at their peak and I am sure, if we were them, in terms of business, we want to try to be on top as long as we could stand." He assessed.

"Omma, Appa, Ommonim, Abonim.."Min Ho greeted politely. Shin Hye bowed without saying anything and hiding behind Min Ho.

"Omoo..." Both mothers hurried to check Shin Hye. They hugged her tightly. "Thank goodness you are alright." Said Min Ho's mother as she cupped her face. Shin Hye couldn't bring herself to look at her mother in law. She was ashamed of her rash decision. Min Ho was still holding her hand not wanting to let go. 

Her mother was massaging her arms as she felt happy to see her daughter is safe from danger. Her eyes were teary but it was the tears of relief. 

"Yah.. What were you thinking?" Her mom scolded lightly as she pushed Shin Hye a little bit so that she could look at her. Min Ho being very protective quickly hugged Shin Hye trying to avoid her from  being touched by them. "Om.." Her mother was surprised by his action.

"I'm so sorry Omma...." Shin Hye finally cried out. Min Ho hugged her tightly as he patted her head to calm her down.

"Ah-dul bring her to her room," adviced his mother. Min Ho obeyed and brought her to her room. 

He slowly asked her to sit down at the edge of her bed. She didn't want to lift her head. She was ashamed of causing such commotion but at that time her head was filled with worries which at that moment she realized was probably unnecessary. Min Ho kneeled right infront of her, he tried to look at her face but she tried to avoid it. He was losing his patience, he immediately cupped her face. "Look at me." He hissed. Shin Hye was sobbing. She tried to look at him. Once their eyes met she pushed his hands away and looked to the side. "Cheabal Shin Hye... I am dying..." He started to cry as well. "You have to tell me my love. I am losing my mind." He pleaded. "Chaebal..." He put his head on her lap as his hands enveloped her curvy waist. He pulled her closer so that his head would be at her stomach.  He nestled there. It felt warm and he felt warm slowly. It was the feeling he missed and the feeling he wanted to always have in his life. 

Shin Hye wanted to push him away. She was disgusted by her ownself. She hated herself at that moment. She had made the one who loved her worry and the entire family to worry about her. She hated that. She was never that way. She, herself couldn't understand what she was thinking. 

"Shin Hye yah... I cannot live without you... Please... don't leave me..." Min Ho pleaded. Shin Hye could feel the warm liquid that penetrated through her skirt. She felt pity to her husband, she felt sympathy, she felt a sense of warmth growing inside of her. She looked at his head lying on her laps, bobbing as he sobbed. Slowly she lifted her hand and placed it on his head and patted him the way he would usually patted her whenever he felt her feeling down. He tightened his hug, Shin Hye could feel him crushing her ribs. He was crying more. "You have to tell me.. we promised we would work things out..." He cried some more.Shin Hye began to  hug him and kissed his head as tears rolled out of her beautiful eyes. 

"M-Mianhe.... Mianhe... Mianhe...." She whispered as she kissed his head. 

"Ani... It's my fault.. Oppa Mianhee Shin Hye..." He looked up to her. Her face was messed up but to him she still looked beautiful. She kissed his forehead and Min Ho responded to kiss her instead. Out of his fear, he kissed her amorously. Shin Hye responded. After their ravenous kiss, Min Ho stared at her and he pulled her head to his chest and hugged her. "I won't ask, tell me when you are ready... But promise me, you won't runaway anymore..." He asked of her. She nodded her head slowly. 

"Mianhe Oppa... " She said softly. Min Ho only responded by kissing her head. They laid on her bed. Without realizing, Shin Hye fell asleep. Min Ho hugged her to keep her warm. 

***********

"I think it's better we let them be, seeing that they are together... I feel secured." Min Ho father voiced out. 

"Eo? Stay please Min Ho Appa... We will serve dinner." Shin Hye's father insisted. 

"I will help in the kitchen." Min Ho mother announced. "Jun Kyung-ie, what are you doing?" Min Ho's mother glared at his sister. She was busy with her mobile phone. "THis girl... how can you ever get a man..." His mother cussed under her breathe.

Reluctantly Jun Kyung stood up and headed to the kitchen to help the mothers.

"Omooo... Such a filial and helpful daughter you have..." Praised Shin Hye's mother. "I bet a lot of men wants to court her." She continued as she was cutting some beef. "Let's make chicken and ginseng soup. It's good for energy especially for uri Min Ho and Shin Hye." Shin Hye's mother suggested.

"Ommooo.... Shin Hye Omma... If it is like that, then we shall have grandbabies soon. I shall make for them as well." Min Ho's mother liked the idea of having grandchildren.

"Ya... Omma... Aish.. it's shameful." Jun Kyung scolded her mother. She was embarrassed to hear elderlies talked in such manner.

"Aish... this girl. I told you to go and cut the vegetables over there." Min Ho's mother took the basket of vegetables, and put the cutting board inside it and the knife and then shoved it to Jun Kyung and pushed her to the dining room. 

"That girl... she is always like that. I think we dotted on her too much." Min Ho's mother said.

"What do you mean Min Ho Omma? She's a lovely girl." Shin Hye's mother praised. 

"Is your son having a girlfriend already?" Min Ho's mother asked.

"Shin Won-nie?" Shin Hye's mom said his name in surprised. "Aniya... I don't think so either, he is always stuck in his room." She explained.

"Maybe we should just match make them. It will be easier for both of us." Min Ho's mother laughed.

"Aishh Omma!" Jun Kyung scolded her mom. "What are you thinking?" She asked. 

The two mothers just laughed happily as they prepared food.

*****************

"The Guarded Politicians." Min Ho's father read from the collection of books that Shin Hye's father had. "This is a great book!" He exclaimed.

"I know! I enjoyed reading it. It really tells the truth about our current politics." Shin Hye father discussed about the book in details with Min Ho father which brought them to discuss about what had happened to Min Ho and Shin Hye.

"I think Min Ho should have told Shin Hye when he met Park Min Young-Ssi,"Min Ho's father said regretfully.

"Don't worry. I understand him. He was excited to give her the gifts he bought for her." Shin Hye's father said. "We all have that moment where we forget to tell our spouses something which seemed not important to us but women usually looked at every single detail." He continued.

"That is so true. I hope they talked through things. I hate to see them divorcing each other for silly things. Uri Shin Hye is innocent in this kind of things I presume." Min Ho father assumed.

"Well... She never talks about men except uri Min Ho. You are probably right." Shin Hye's father agreed. 

"She will be stronger." Min Ho's father prayed. 

*******

It was already mid-night when Shin Hye woke up. She was still in Min Ho's embraced. She tried to move but Min Ho's reflex action was to tightly hugged her as his head lowered to reach hers. She examined his handsome face through the dim light. She smiled feeling very guilty creating such drama. She slowly brought her hand and her fingers touched his face. He was snoring lightly and mumbling words which ended with, "Shin Hye yah..." Shin Hye teared up again. She felt huge amount of guilt in her heart. 

"Mianhe Oppa..." She kept whispering to him.

Min Ho slowly opened his eyes. He was greeted by a beautiful angel whom he promised to protect and kept. He raised his hand and touched the side of her face and smiled, "You're really here." He said weakly.  

Shin Hye smiled at him, "And.. You're here..." She said to him.

"The house is so quiet..." Min Ho noticed. 

"I think they're asleep and your parents might have gone home." She whispered. Min Ho took the phone he placed above their head. He checked the time.

"It's after midnight." We may have to sleepover here and leave tomorrow. Shin Hye nodded.

"I need to get up," She was about to get up but Min Ho immediately hold her. "O-Oppa..."

"Don't.." He looked dark and serious.

"I am just going to the toilet and then prepare food for you." She explained. "You look tired. You need to eat." She said as she touched his face.

"I'll go to the toilet with you..." He said.

"Andwe!" Shin Hye protested and she was blushing.

"I don't care what you are going to do. I am not going to lose you again." He said adamantly.

"Oppa... I promised I won't leave you." She assured him.

Min Ho bit his lower lips.

********

Min Ho was sitting outside the toilet after he secured that the ventilation window of the toilet was small for Shin Hye to get through.  Creak~~~ The toilet door creaked and Shin Hye peeked. "Oppa... I can't go if you are here..." She pleaded. 

"Aish... fine!" He then moved to the kitchen. He poured himself some water. He was definitely hungry and even hungrier for his wife. He then went to the mirror not far from the dining room and checked his face. His eyes were thoroughly puffed. 'Noona will be mad.'  As he thought of his make-up artist. He had a photo shoot around mid-morning the next day. He was busy checking his face that he didn't realize Shin Hye brought him two cubes of ice. 

"Igo..." She showed him of what to do. She asked him to put the ice cubes and rubbed them around his eyes.  "I'll prepare the food." She turned to walk to the kitchen. 

He grabbed her hand quickly and pulled her closer. He kissed her on the lips. "Op-mpft...pa..." Shin Hye was slightly embarrassed. She was scared any of her family members would see it. Min Ho smiled mischievously. 

"Gomawo Shin Hye yah... Yoebo..." He thanked her for being by his side.

 

There's nothing better than our love...

We will go through all kinds of turmoils...

We will move forward together....

 

P/S: Sigh... sorry for giving such a scare for the last two chaps... I was also in such emotional state I guess... I didn't know writing could move you in such manners.

I will reveal what Shin Hye had been going through and as to why she made her decision as such. 

Be patient my loves....

Sincerely,

Zombie writer :X <3

How I spent my holidays: