36 Melted...

The Strength of Our Strings

"Hey, I really like you
Look at me, shyly saying this to you
I want to show you my heart a little bit
You are the best dear to me"


 

Min Ho read that part of the lyrics again and again, digesting it into his head but he was not able to smile, he was supposed to be happy when he saw the music video of Shin Hye singing her confession which was supposed to be for him. It wasn't because of his jealousy towards her labelmate, Kim Ji An who acted as the person being interested in her in the mv but because of her sudden unpredictable action which left him clueless and speechless.

He thought things between them were getting stronger, they were happier... He kept on asking why but he couldn't find the answer. He was thoroughly confused as to why Shin Hye returned the couple phone to him accompanied with a devastating letter. He tried to call her so many times but her manager told him that she was in a meeting with her director.

He recalled the moment when he was excited to receive a beautifully and neatly designed navy blue paper bag with red ribbon tied onto a light blue hydrangea which was popping out of the bag. He knew that it was her favourite flower as she had been getting into her new hobby, flower arranging. 

He took out the beautiful blooming hydrangea first and kissed it, imagining kissing her soft cheek. He then looked further inside. He saw his phone tucked neatly, he took it. He put it aside as he saw a nice red box with very exclusive design on it. He was excited and he couldn't wait to see what Shin Hye had gotten for him. He took it out, he opened it. He felt his heart stopped beating. He saw the couple phone he bought for them in it. 

"Is this her joke?"He wondered. He hoped it was. He felt uncomfortable seeing it. 

"Are you alright?" His manager asked as he noticed Min Ho facial expression changed drastically, from being happy to sad. 

"Huh?" He looked unfocused. "Why?"

"Wae?" His manager asked as he pulled the van to the side.

Min Ho showed him the phone inside the beautiful box. His manager didn't get it at first, then he remembered the day he accompanied him to buy the couple phone. "She returned this gift. The only link I have aside you to her." He said slowly. He blinked his eyes at his manager.

"But why?" His manager asked him confused. "Try to check the box more. Are there any notes?" Suggested Manager Han.

Min Ho quickly checked the box, he found a letter written by her. His heart dropped. He gulped and quickly open the letter. 

*********

"Are you sure?" Her manager asked as she handed him the beautifully prepared bag. She looked lifeless and tired as well. She nodded, not saying much. "Wae, Shin Hye yah?" Her manager unable to comprehend the drastic change of her behaviour. "I thought you love him. I thought you were happy all this while. Think about the family, yours and his." He said trying to knock some senses in her head but it didn't work. He needed to know the root of the problem. Shin Hye was usually very rational and logical. She had never been that melancholic in the history of his managing. He was happy for her when she fought for her love and when she decided to agree to marry the man whom she loved but why all of a sudden, the change of the heart?

Shin Hye was holding her tears. She had cried the night before, her eyes were puffy. Thankfully that day there was no shooting until after the coming week. She just looked down unable to look at Manager Jun's eyes. She understood that her action would garner a lot of 'Why-s', especially her family. People around her had worked hard to help them be together. Shin Hye remained still, not saying anything. Manager Jun with much hesitation made his move. He remembered her instruction as she gave him her work phone as well when he left her in front of the building of her agency. 

**********

Min Ho shook. He was unable to move. He was scared. He couldn't comprehend what she wrote.Why did she change of all a sudden? Last night, they were on the phone. 'She told me she love me, she promised me I am her King.' He contemplated in his mind. 'Is she threatened by them?'  Min Ho tried to reason that it was the work of the antis but he knew better that Shin Hye was strong to face all those, she remained calm and forgiving as far as he knew. 

'Shin Hye- yah... Cheabal... Why are you being like this?' Min Ho put his hand on his forehead trying to massage it. His head started to get hurt. He read the letter again.

"To my very best dear,

When you read this letter, you probably won't be able to understand why I am doing this. I would like to keep the reason to myself. I may sound very selfish, just keep it that way. In no way, you are to be blamed for this situation. It's my fault. I should be able to assess the situation properly rather than foolishly thinking I could make you happy. 

I have no right to use the word 'Chakgya' anymore Oppa, that word should be used by someone who is really special to you in the future. I will love you forever. I have no regret being with you all this time but I will regret that if I am the reason that you cannot accomplish your happiness. Thank you for everything. I wish you all the best. That song will be my last confession to you. 

Be happy my King.

Be a good King to your future Queen.

Promise me that you will treat her very well and sweetly.

Love her fully and don't look at other women at all. 

Cherish her, make her feel very special. 

Forget me...

Don't look for me...

The girl who confessed shyly,

PSH."

"What is she talking about?" Min Ho unable to understand every single word that Shin Hye had written, handed the letter to his manager. He was hoping he would be able to discover something that he couldn't. Min Ho leaned back to the chair. He was looking outside, staring blankly. He recalled back their conversation the night before. There was no indication that Shin Hye was being out of her usual character. She did sound tense but he thought she was just stressed with her exam and filming. 

"Why is she talking about other women?" His manager asked. "Have you...?" His manager suspected.

"Andwe!" Min Ho snapped. "Dega? Eonjji? I don't even have the time for myself. I had to make time to be with her. I don't have the time to look at other women, hyung!" Min Ho shouted in frustration. "I can only see her...." He broke down and cried. "Waeee? Shin Hye waeee?" He sobbed. "If this is a joke, it's a cruel one..." He cried. 

***************

"Shin Hye -ssi, you look very tired?" Her director asked. "Anjo," He told her to sit. Shin Hye sat down. "You are not your bubbly self?" He found her rather odd.

"I-I'm just tired. " She said.

"Ah... Yes... Your work and exams." Her director tried to reason. Shin Hye just nodded. "Now, I won't keep you long. I'll send you off soon to rest." Shin Hye just nodded and looked at her manager blankly. "We covered all bases regarding the recent issue. You should not get too worried anymore. Just focus on your work. Everyone has been told to keep your work site on a hush. We found out some of Lee Min Ho's fans who went too much entered the site pretending to be delivery persons. But as you wished, we did not take any action but we had a meeting with his agency to remind his fan to respect other people on the same field. They were suspecting that you are dating him and they went berserk." The director explained in detail. Shin Hye nodded blankly. "Imagine what would happen if you both went public or worst married?" Her director said senselessly. 

Shin Hye's mouth uttered, "Worst... indeed..." She was about to cry but she held it in. 

"Are you sure you are alright?" Her director became very concerned.

"I'm just tired." She answered briefly. "If nothing more.."

"Yes.. Yes.. You may go..." He said haughtily.

Shin Hye didn't wait for her manager. She purposely told him to pick her up  at different time. She held a taxi and asked him to drive her somewhere.

***********

"Yah.. Jun Won-ah... What's going on?" Finally a break through in trying to contact Shin Hye. Min Ho immediately stood up as he heard his manager managed to contact her manager."What?" His manager turned and looked at Min Ho with concern. "He's here with me." His manager seemed to affirmed his attendance to Manager Jun.

"Let me talk hyung!" Min Ho demanded. He fought for the phone.

"Hyung... let me talk to her.. chaeball..." He said impatiently. "What?" Min Ho said filled with concern. "We'll be there." He ended the call. "Hyung, let's go to Shin Hye's parents. She's missing..." He said worried. "Shin Hye-yah... where are you... Please be safe...." He cried.

In the car, MIn Ho took the chance to call his parents.

"Min Ho dear... What's happening? The in-laws are calling saying you.. d-d.... I can't even say that word!" His mother said frustratingly. 

"What do you mean Eomma?" Min Ho was further confused. He felt like his head was going to explode with all of these new information coming in one after another. He felt like he was a detective on a chase of a criminal and having to receive clues after clues to catch it. 

"Divorce!" His mother finally said the word.

"What???" Min Ho snapped. "What are you talking about?" Min Ho sounded offended.

"I am asking you myself, ah-deul!" His mother panicked. "This isn't helping. We are heading to the in laws. Are you going there?"

"Neh. I'll see you there." Min Ho told her as he ended the call. He threw his phone aside and letting out a frustrating sigh. "Things are getting worst thatn I thought!" He yelled. "Divorce? Why?" He punched the front seat as hard as he wanted to. "What's wrong with her?" He was clenching his teeth. "Arrghhhhhhhh!!!!!!!" He screamed as hard as he could. "How can she drive me this crazy! I could easily have any other women but I know I can't. I can only have her." He started to cry again. 

********** 

It was four in the morning when Shin Won was awoken by a beep of the text he received. He was being a light sleeper during that time as ideas kept on pouring for him to write another song. He searched for his phone next to him and swiped it. A text message from his sister.

"Hyung, tomorrow morning please get the mail in the mail box. It is very important." That was all she sent. Shin Won didn't think that it was going to be a very important one. He thought Shin Hye bought something from the internet again.  He went back to sleep.

It was about eleven in the morning when his phone rang again. He was still in his bed feeling lazy. "Min Ho?" He said as he looked at the name.

"Hyung! Is Shin Hye there?" Min Ho sounded frantic.

"I don't think so. Why?" He asked feeling uneasy.

"She's not answering my call at all." He explained.

"Maybe she's busy. " Shin won tried to calm Min Ho down."I'll try to call her and then I'll call you back." He promised.

After they hung up, Shin Won went outside his room, his mother was preparing food for lunch while his father was watching the news. He drank water and the tried to call Shin Hye but it was her manager telling him that she was in a meeting. "See... She was busy... Aish.. This Min Ho! My sister has bewitched him!" He cussed under his breathe. "Ah... Matta... Mail..." He remembered Shin Hye texted him about her mail. He was about to go outside when his mother shrieked.

"Yah.... put on something! Why are you so shameless!" She scolded him. Lazily he went into hisroom and put on his pants then headed outside to the mail. He saw a silver covered enveloped. Written on the envelope, "Hyung, open this immediately." It was Shin Hye's handwriting. He felt uneasy. He opened it slowly and then took the pieces of documents out as he walked back into the kitchen. He sat down on the dining chair. "Eomma... what is this?" He asked his mother as he flung documents that Shin Hye sent. 

He found a letter in between adressed to her parents. His mother ran to him as he handed the letter first.

"Dear Eomma and Appa" She read it out loud. "Chakgya... come here. Shin Hye is writing us a letter." She called out excitedly. Her husband ran to her as he sat next to her. He urged her to read it. "Dear Eomma and Appa," She repeated. "I am writing...

Dear Eomma and Appa,

I am writing this letter to apologize to the both of you for being a very bad daughter. Appa, the man who always care about me, please forgive me for my foolishness and rashness in making decisions about my life. There is no way I could turn back time to reset everything but there is one thing I can do is to set everything right.

Do not blame Min Ho Oppa at all as he is as innocent as you all are. Everything is my fault. I should be able to assess things properly if I hadn't foolishly entertained myself that I was in love with Min Ho Oppa. I was and I still am but I am not being fair with him. He is the victim here. He is innocent. I am the criminal. I want him to be happy forever and I cannot accept the reason he is not happy because of me. I am asking a huge favour here Eomma and Appa, please understand and accept my decision with open mind.  You can put all the blame to me I shall carry it to my grave. 

Loving you both always,

Shinzi"

Her mother dropped the letter, her father was in dazed. Her brother immediately checked the other documents.

"It's a divorce form..." Shin Won announced feeling confused. Why was his sister behaving this way? He saw he sign it. 

**********

People from both side gathered. The atmosphere was rather grievious. Both sides unable to look at one another. Min Ho sat in front of Shin Hye's parents apologizing multiple times. Both managers were in chaos. Families decided to keep Shin Hye's being missing hushed. They were gathering their brain power. 

"Min Ho Eomma, I apologized my Shin Hye is being like this. She is usually a filial and good daughter." Shin Hye's mother apologized.

"No... I should apologized, I don't know what had happened but..." Min Ho's mother couldn't continue her words.

"Please... this is not the time. I am worried of her safety." Shin Hye's father said.

"Yes... Let's think of where she would go." Min Ho father agreed. 

Despite the critical situation, the family didn't blame one another but tried to work together.

Min Ho was staring at the divorce letter, Shin Hye had signed it. He couldn't breathe. He was dying inside.

 

Speechless...

The unthinkable happens...

I need you...

I love you...

Don't go away... 

Or I'll die....

 

P/S:  I swear my fingers have mind of their own.. All I could remember was staring at the screen and this. I am heartbroken with this chapter...