12 The busy bees are getting busier...

The Strength of Our Strings

With very discreet precaution, Shin Hye managed to dodge any attentions again. Lately, people had been wondering what had happened to her. They thought that she was being too quiet and they called her pulling a ninja. She and Min Ho could not afford blowing their cover at the moment, they just had too much on their plate and releasing statement about their relationship would just about to bring their life upside down. 

As soon as she reached her apartment, both of her beloved dogs yelped excitedly greeting her. She took her time hugging them and talking to them for a little bit. She nearly blurted out how she was really having fun with her beau but she managed to not do so as the ahjumma assigned by her company to help her out was still around sorting out her clothes. 

She got to settle her things first and then freshen up and ran to the kitchen to prepare her caffeine accompaniment. The grab some fruits and cut them up to bite sizes just the way she love them. She noticed that her supply of fruits were depleting. She brought her food and drink to her study room and placed them carefully on her table. She switched on her computer and while waiting for it to start, she wrote down what she needed on the note pad and ran to the kitchen again to put it up on the fridge to remind her ahjumma to get her the supply of fruits she needed. The ahjumma was still busy sorting out her clothes when Shin Hye wanted to go back to her study room. 

As she sat down reviewing her assignment, she received a message from Go Ara again.

"Fightii!! Focus!! Look at what I am reading. " Ara sent another picture, a magazine with Min Ho as the front cover model. Shin Hye smiled as she knew that MIn Ho probably asked Ara to do so. 

"Gumawo Chingu yah! I love you to bits." Shin Hye replied. Then Ara sent a picture of her pointing at MIn Ho picture as if asking question whether it was for her or him.

She searched for a magazine the has Ara picture and planted a kiss on the magazine which was exactly on Ara's cheek and took a selfie. She pressed send. Ara sent another one with her pouting lips and with a love sticker on her cheek. Shin Hye laughed her head off. She loved her crazy friend. She really want to meet Ara soon but she knew Ara was busy filming at that time with her good friend, Lee Seungi. 

"We should meet soon!" Shin Hye sent Ara a message and then a picture of her pouting as if she was saying please. 

"Call! But you're paying for us!" Ara texted back and with a picture of her and Seunggi goofing off. Shin Hye smiled. She put away her mobile phone and started to review her assignment. She put on her focus mode so that she could produce great work. 

********

"Who are you sending that picture to, Ara?" Asked Seunggi as he grabbed his drink. "Send me one too. I want to send that to Yoona. She's a fan of yours." He continued.

"Chungmal?"Ara asked excitedly. "I am sending it to Shin Hye. She promised to treat us food the next time we meet." Ara explained.

"How's she doing?" Seunggi asked as he sat down waiting for shooting. Since, they are partnered in the police story, their filming were more or less with one another. 

"She's busy like crazy." Ara claimed as she sat across Seunggi. " I don't know why she wouldn't just extend another year like I did but I think she is fully determined to get it done as soon as possible." Ara explained.

"That's Shin Hye!" Agreed Seunggi. "She never give up and she is the kind of person who if she put something in her mind, she would definitely do it. " 

"Indeed!" Ara seconded. "Sooooo, how's the Mrs?" Ara teased Seunggi. Seunggi smiled sheepishly whenever people asked about his girl.

"She's fine and deeply in love." Seunggi answered proudly. "With me!" Seunggi winked at Ara. Ara smiled at Seunggi, feeling happy for her friend.

*******

"Thank you Ara for conveying my message to Shin Hye." Min Ho texted Go Ara. Ever since, Ara found out accidentally, she was also without choice being appointed as the Min Ho and Shin Hye's secret messenger. Soon after he texted her, he received a text from Ara which happened to be Shin Hye's picture kissing Ara's picture on a magazine. Min Ho chuckled. Ara was a teaser just like Shin Hye too. "Cut it! She only love me!" Min Ho texted back. 

There was a knock on his cabin door. He went to open it to find out his father was at the door smiling warmly at Min Ho. 

"Aboji!" Min Ho said excitedly and threw a hug at him. His father hugged back. 

"How are you doing son?" His father asked.

"I am doing good appa, a tad tired but I am resting." Min Ho answered. "Come and sit down." He invited his father to sit down on the couch facing his television. His father saw that his son was watching a tv interview show which showed Shin Hye. Min Ho noticed that he totally forgot that he was watching Shin Hye's interview, he clumsily changed the channel and yet there was another news of her receiving Baeksang award. His father smiled at his son. "Ahjumma please prepare some tea." Min Ho tried to divert his father's attention. 

"How is Shin Hye-ssi?" His father asked him as he watched Shin Hye from the television. "She has yet received another award." He noted. 

"Neh.." MIn Ho answered. He was quite embarrassed and at the same time at lost of what to say to his father.

Seeing his son's awkward reaction, his father chuckled. "It's alright Min Ho yah! You are an adult now. I am not going to scold you. " He smiled amicably. "So how are you and her?" He tried to asked another question to clam Min Ho down.

"We are working on it." He answered. "She was here for a bit but because of her study commitment, she had to go." Min Ho said with sadness.

"It's okay son. You have to be strong. You soon will be the man of your family. She will be the pillar of yours. You both have to be strong. Marriage will not work if you don't put an effort on it." His father adviced him. "I know that you both have to hide it for a while but it doesn't mean you should not work on it. I hope to see grandchildren in the future as well." His father voiced out his wishes. Min Ho smiled shyly as his father mentioned the word grand children. He himself wanted to have one too soon so that the world would know the world most beautiful woman belonged to him. 

"Ara.. That's why I sent her home earlier. If she knew you would come, she would feel very obligated to go." Min Ho explained. "We will work this through Aboji." Min Ho said in deep thought.

"Don't worry Min Ho. We will give you full support. Afterall, Shin Hye ssi is a great catch. I do hope you be patient with what you two will face." Min Ho father adviced. "Your life is now divided for your fans, for your newly build family and us." 

Min Ho smiled slightly. He felt the weight he had to bear. He understood what his father meant. If not properly balanced, one will excell while other would fall or all of them would end up falling in a pit. Min Ho breathe heavily. 

"Take it one at a time son." His father said calmly. Not long after that, the ahjumma appeared serving them their tea and some biscuit Shin Hye made before she left their cabin. 

"Where's omma?" Min Ho asked as he ate one of the biscuits. "Eat some Aboji, shin Hye made them earlier before she left." He offered. His father took one and seemed to enjoy it as well. 

"Your Omma is on holiday with your sister. I didn't go because I need to check out some business." His father answered. "I wonder one day if you two could manage this resort here." His father said calmly. "I am thinking of writing in the will to give this to you and Shin Hye." He announced. "This will be a nice wedding gift... Don't you think?" He smiled as he asked Min Ho.

Min Ho smiled at his father's announcement. "If that is what you wish for, I shall work on keeping this resort alive."

*********

It was nearly three in the morning. Shin Hye was half asleep as she was finishing the last word of her assignment. Both of her dogs were fast aslep. As she finished her assignment, she printed them out and put them in her bag. She went to brush her teeth and washed her face and changed into her pyjamas. She was so tired that she fell on her bed and slept right away. Another weeks, months of exhaustion to come... she thought in her head.