26 Despite every hardship, Jik Jin (Move forward) !!!

The Strength of Our Strings

Shin Hye was buried among the books in the library. Her exam was coming close and her assignment due date was also closing in. She rather stayed at her university library than going back to her apartment. She needed the full focus so that she can produce better work. She was reading and typing and editing all afternoon that day. She was listening to her favourite songs with her headphones on. 

Two female students came in, passing by her, she greeted them with smile. They replied with smiles on their face as well. Shin Hye could not help but appreciate their beauty and youthfullness. She felt quite old sitting there. 'Never mind Shin Hye! Take it as a challenge!' She motivated herself. They sat behind her, Shin Hye was back to being engrossed with her work. She felt a vibration through her table and she immediately checked her mobile phone. Cao Lu texted her asking wether she was free or not as she needed a friend to sip some coffee. Shin Hye found that she needed to stretch as well and needed to feed her hungry stomach. Everything she read at that moment became blurry and her focus was deteriorating. As she switch off her mp3 and her computer, she heard their conversation.

"Can't believe with all her money, she could actually afford to graduate early," One of them said. Shin Hye froze. Were they talking about her? She pretended to look through one of the books. 

"Karee... Too greedy to grab all those drama projects with handsome namja to showcase her name. She needs to study to perfect her skills first. My grandmother felt bored just watching her." Answered the other one with a deeper voice. Shin Hye felt that she could not breathe. "They should see her here. She's just a normal person. Nothing so special about her." Added the girl with a spiteful hint.

'Should I sit here and listen to this?'  She wondered to herself. 'Is this worth to make my mood down?'  She weighed.

"I bet she up to the lecturer to give her good marks like she up all those good writers and good directors to give her the role to act with those namjas. Especially my precious Lee Min Ho. What did he ever do to deserve that!" The other one said with a hiss at the end of her sentence.

'That's it! I'm not sitting here to ruin my mood. I have never done anything to them. Mom says treat these acidic people nicely as they needed it the most.'  She quickly packed her things. The two girls seemed to notice her packing things up that they decided to keep quiet. As she was about to stand up...

"Shin Hye yah... " A familiar voice greeted her, she looked up and saw Kim Ji Ann. He was smiling at her. Shin Hye heard the two girls gasped at her back. Any women would be head over heels seeing such handsome being standing right in front of them. Shin Hye smiled at him. "Oraenmanieyo!" He continued.

"Neh! Oraenmanieyo!" She bowed to him. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

"To see a very talented and blooming woman who I acted with not so long time ago for her MV." He teased. Ji An seemed to notice the two ladies who sat behind her still gaping at him, he smiled and greeted him. They bowed as well and greeted back. "You should be friend her, she's one of the most helpful person anyone could be friend with. She's not stingy in sharing her knowledge." He told them. The two girls just nodded, they were still mesmerized by Ji An's look. "Sometimes, when you judge a book by its cover before reading it, you'll miss a great potential of a story." He advised them and winked. "Come Shin Hye, I need your help in something." He grabbed her arm and led her out of the library. 

"Thank you, Ji An." She thanked Ji An for helping her with the two ladies back in the library.

"For what?" Ji An pretended not to know. "I know you are not the kind to act on those negativity. It's just that they need to really know you first before they judge you." He explained. 

"It's allright. Everyone of us has our very own antis." She smiled sincerely. "They have every right not to like me or to like me. It's up to them." She said. "Oh.. my! I forgot all about Cao Lu Eonnie. Care to join us?" She invited.

"Sure! Lead the way!" Ji An said excitingly.  They were headed to the canteen to meet up with Cao Lu. On their way to the canteen, they were chatting happily discussing on many things. 

"Shin Hye yahhh!" Cao Lu called her. "Hereeee!" 

"Eonnie! Mian He for being late. I met my friend at the library. This is Kim Ji An. " Shin Hye introduced them.

"Anyeong ha se yo, Kim Ji Ann - Ssi." Cao Lu greeted as she offered her hand for a friendly handshake. Ji An accepted it.

"Deh.. Hello... Cao Lu Ssi..." He greeted back. 

"Sit down." Shin Hye told him. "I'll get us some food. What do you want?" She offered Ji An and Cao Lu.

"Whatever you are getting should be fine. "Ji An told her. He took out his wallet to give Shin Hye some money to pay for his food.

"No need. It's on me," She told him. "Eonnie?" 

"I want some coffee, ask them to make it super dark. My eyes need it. I kept on dozing off everytime I see words." Cao Lu joked. 

"I know right! Me too!" Shin Hye admitted as they laughed at each other.  "I'll be back. Get to know one another!" Shin Hye said as she walked away towards the food area to order. 

"That is so her." Ji An said smiling at his friend's kindness.

"Yes. She's very kind hearted." Cao Lu admitted.

"To the point where, people were talking bad about her, she just kep quiet and smile about it." Ji An told Cao Lu who nodded in agreement. 

"It's in her nature. She just ignored them and keep moving forward. She took it in as constructive criticism." Cao Lu added. It was Ji An turn to nod at that time.

"Yah.. You two should stop talking about me!" Shin Hye playfully scolded them as she put down a tray of food and drinks. She then, sat next to Cao Lu. "Mani moegdo peple." She told her friends. "By the way, Kim Ji An, you told me you needed my help? What is it?" Shin Hye remembered.

"Oh, I went to see Professor Noh but he wasn't in. I thought you could find out when he is free next time so that I can come and see him. I needed his help on some new projects I am doing." Kim Ji An explained. 

"I see, sure! I will text you his number then. It would be easier if you are in direct contact." Shin Hye suggested.

"Yes, that would even be better." Ji An agreed. 

"So, Cao Lu Eonnie, how far did you go with your essay?" Shin Hye turned her conversation to Cao Lu who were listening to them both earlier.

"Neh? Hm..... I think half but I need to re-draft everything. I feel lacking." Cao Lu confessed. "And it's not going to be easier for me as our concerts are lining up." Cao Lu said being worried.

"True that..." Shin Hye agreed. 

They continued to converse and enjoyed each other's company. They separated when they noticed that it was night time already. Ji An left earlier and then Cao Lu.  Shin Hye was worried as usually her manager would fetch her right on time but not that night, he was a bit late. She decided to go back to the library and texted her manager that she would be there doing her work.

Before she settled on one of the tables, she decided to freshen up and went to the toilet. She went into one of the toilets as she needed to empty her bladder. She heard people coming in, it seemed that there were two ladies.

"Did you see the latest news trending? I want to see more of Lee Min Ho." Whined a girl.

"Na Deul! He's so hot. I would lock him up if he was married to me. He would just sit at home and look pretty." Claimed the other girl and then laughed to her statement.

"Wishful thinking! Yah! Do you think I want to share him with you." The whiny girl scolded her friend. "Can't believe that Park Shin Hye acted with him. He looked way too young when they are next to one another."

"I know right. I think Kim Ji Won or Krystal should take the role next to him. He needs someone hip and young not old and wash out." Supported her friend.

Shin Hye remained cool, she was used to this. She understood that she could never win everybody's heart.

"Which is why my mom loves her. She kept on saying what a perfect person she is." Continued the girl.

"My cousin once went to a church on Sunday and saw Park Shin Hye. She couldn't stop saying how beautiful Park Shin Hye is." The whiny girl said. "I mean sometimes, I see her here, I have to admit she has beautiful skin but overall beautiful, I prefer SNSD. Yoona for example, thank God, Seunggi fell for her. I was scared he would end up with Park Shin Hye. His life would be boring." They laughed it off.

Although, many times she tried to ignore, there were times she would feel it in her heart. She had to choose to ignore them most of the times. She knew they have every right to choose who they like and who they dislike. 

Apparently, there was another person coming out of one of the toilets. The two girls gasped.

"It's Kwon Yuri!" They squeeled. At that point, it was so obvious they were fans of Yuri SNSD as well. "Ommo... You're so pretty. Like a doll." They exclaimed. Shin Hye who was ready to leave wanted to use the chance to jolt out of the toilet, quickly took her bag, slowly opened the toilet door and tried quietly walking out as the two were crowding Yuri.

"Oh!" Yuri said in a surprise. "Shin Hye yah~" She said sweetly ignoring the two girls crowding her. Shin Hye stopped, she closed her eyes for a bit wishing really hard that Yuri didn't see her. She slowly turned and bowed.

"Annyeong ha se yo Eonnie, " She forced a friendly smile. The two girls covered their mouth revisiting the moment earlier that they had bad mouthed Shin Hye to their contentment. "Annyeong ha se yo." She greeted the two girls politely.

"Thank you for lending us your manager. He's waiting downstair. Our tyre punctured on the way here, he told me he was fetching you. He tried to contact you but he couldn't get through." Shin Hye immediately checked her mobile phone. She didn't notice earlier hers was out of battery. "He said you wouldn't mind."

"Neh.. of course. I understand. Besides, I got the time to finish up my essay." Shin Hye replied. "I was worried there might be something bad happened and it's my fault for not being aware of my mobile phone battery. What's good is all is well. Eonnie, I don't want to make him wait. I'll go first. We'll meet soon yes?" Shin Hye said as she reached for the door.

"Wait Shin Hye." Yuri called. Shin Hye turned around with her hand on the handle of the door wanting to leave. Yuri turned to the two girls. "I believe, you should apologize to her." Yuri instructed.

"No.. No need... I understand... We are all human, there's people you like and dislike. You don't have to." Shin Hye said humbly.

"I think it's not fair for them to do as such. I believe that we should be supportive of our industries. No matter who they prefer but bashing people just because of nothing logical is uncalled for." Yuri said passionately.

The two girls cowered seeing the serious side of Yuri. Shin Hye felt bad and she didn't want the girls to look at Yuri differently.

"Eonnie... Kenchana... Gomawo for standing up for me. I would do the same for you. I understand, it's normal for fans to feel protected of their favourites. You and I, we have a mission to inform our fans to respect others no matter what. This is why I love you Eonnie."  Shin Hye hugged Yuri and Yuri smiled happily. She then, shook hands with the two girls who seemed speechless of what they were seing. "Kenchana. I won't have ill feelings at you two. I admire your passion in loving Girls Generations. I am their fan as well. In fact, the next concert they are having I will bring you myself so we can fangirl together." She then looked at their student cards and memorized their name. "I'll get going first." She said. She hugged Yuri again and left them in a hurry.

"Shin Hye!" Her manager called, Shin Hye turned to his side. She smiled at him. "Sorry for being late... there..."

"Kenchana Oppa." She said chirpingly. "Yuri Eonnie explained to me. I should apologize for not checking my mobile phone's battery. It's my fault." She apologized. "What's important is you are safe and sound." She said sounding very relieved.

"Aish... How is it your fault... Nevermind then, get inside. It's getting late and you have an early tomorrow." He updated her. 

"Neh..." She answered obediently. As she entered, she heard someone greeting her manager. 

"Samchon!" Said a woman's voice.

"Yaaaa...  Seo Wonnieeeee.." He ran baby steps towards the girl and hugged. "Why are you here, it's not safe." Shin Hye saw an early adolescent girl running and then hugged Manager Jun. 

"Samchon.... Kenyang... I was doing my research." Shin Hye could hear her telling Manager Jun. 

"Karee... my niece should study hard if she wants to be a really good script writer. " He adviced her.

"Samchon... when are you free? We should have dinner sometime." His niece proposed. 

"Kare... I will call you ok?" He promised his niece. "I have to go now, I need to go to my agency as well and send my client." He told her.

"Omooo... Is that Lee Min Ho there?" His niece pointed to their van.

"Ani... Do you want to see who I am working with?" He asked her.

"Neh!" His niece nodded excitedly.

He brought her closer to the van and Shin Hye could finally see clearly the face of the girl. It was one of the girls who sat behind her. She was contemplating wether or not it was a good idea to show herself but before she could decide, Manager Jun opened the door of the van. Both of them were speechless seeing one another. 

"Yah.. What are you doing? Be polite." He told his niece. 

"Anyeong ha se yo..." Shin Hye introduced herself. "Neoneun Park Shin Hye nida." Shin Hye said politely.

"A-Anyeong ha seyo.. Jeoneun Kim Seo Won nida." Manager Jun introduced herself. Shin Hye smiled warmly to her. 

"Have you eaten?" She asked politely. 

"Neh?" Seo Won seemed to be startled by Shin Hye's sudden question.

"Manager Jun, I am so hungry and I bet she is too. I saw her working very hard with her friend in the library. Let's eat." Shin Hye offered.

"What do you say Seo Wonnie?" He tried to coax his niece to go with them. She seemed really reluctant to say yes. Understanding the situation, Shin Hye pretended that she had just remembered something.

"Ah... Matta... I have to finish my work. Why don't you and your niece and her friend just go for dinner." Shin Hye suggested. "Just drop me at the agency. I'll get  a taxi." Shin Hye told her manager. 

"I'll send you first, Shin Hye." Her manager told her. "I'll pick you and your friend up in an hour." He told his niece. She then agreed and went back to the library.

The night was calm, just like how Shin Hye felt despite having to face the reality of being an actress. She was, however, still feeling grateful for the opportunity in her life that God had granted her. 

"Shin Hye yah.. Don't be disappointed that my niece rejected your offer." Manager Jun said pitifully. "She's just shy." He tried to explain to her.

"Oppa... kenchana. I am not." Shin Hye smiled as she said it. "Why don't you take her somewhere expensive? It's on me." Shin Hye offered. 

"Wha.. No.. I can't do that Shin Hye..." He felt obliged.

"Nope.. not a peep.. My treat for your hard work. I know she is the one that you sponsored." Shin Hye cut him. "I know she is the one you told me whose parents died in an accident. You raised her well and I am happy that one less kid being neglected in today's world. I am happy to know there is still a caring person in this cruel world."

"Ah... You praised me too much Shin Hye besides I didn't directly sponsor her.. You did..." Manager Jun tried to remind her.

"Nope.. I pay you the money for your hard work and you use that to sponsor her." Shin Hye tried to put the terms the other way round.

"I can never win when it's with you." Manager Jun gave up. It could take all night long trying to straighten Shin Hye's invisible charity work. She would never acknowledge her good deeds. She used people around her to put forward her sponsorship to others. She never wanted people to know. 

Instead of the agency, Manager Jun sent her to their mansion. Shin Hye was confused. 

"Well... Since I need to spend my quality time with my niece, you might as well use the time to spend it with your half." Manager Jun winked. Shin Hye smiled happily. What a lovely turnout! She thought to herself.

 

Patience is virtue,

Treat kindness to all,

especially those who hurt you,

they need it the most.

Beauty comes from within,

it's the eternal youth that mostly forgotten.

 

P/S: ^O^