13 The ones with the deal...

The Strength of Our Strings

"Update me on her?" Asked the director to manager Jun who was standing still like a school kid waiting for his punishment from the school's principal.

Manager Jun cleared his throat. It was so hard for him to lie to his boss but for a human sake he did it anyway. Sometimes, in talent agency, the boss might have overlook the fact that their artistes or actors or actresses are human too. Manager Jun understood the reason why some might be stricter on posing the no-dating rules so that they can gain maximum potential for the people they presented but at times, he thinks, they also need to adress the fact that these people are also people. "She is currently busy toggling between her school life and her film." He answered shortly and pretended to check Shin Hye's calendar. 

"Is that all?" The director asked in a questioning manner.

"Yes," Manager Jun replied trying hard to remain composed.

"Has she chosen which cf she would do?" The director asked as he sipped his coffee.

"Yes, she has chosen the one with finding job," He answered.

"Good!" The director sounded happy as if that was the projection he was hoping for her. "That girl certainly knows how to play with politics with citizens' mind. The more people see her endorsing our country, the more they will love her." The director said as he sat on his big chair.

"She is a good person herself, she doesn't have to choose something to prove it. It's within her nature to support anything that will bring goodness..." Before Manager Jun continued to defend Shin Hye passionately, the director stopped him.

"Jun... I think you need to know in this industry that there will always be someone new, hip and prettier... by any means to take over the light. Maintaining to be in the lime light can be costly at times but the best way is to know what will take the heart of the people." Their boss explained.

It hurts Manager Jun knowing that their boss was saying as if soon, Shin Hye's moment would be over and that people would forget about her. Manager Jun believed that people are not easily forgettable, certainly a nice person like Shin Hye. He decided to keep quiet.

"If it is for male actors, we avoid them from getting married too early especially those who sweep away the feet of the women. If you should now, women's population are more than us men and they are willing to spend a lot for these 'doll-like' men. While for women, it is almost the same but male population in this world is just under, therefore we must make good strategy to make these women also like her. For our Shin Hye, her natural beauty and her good will and kind heart truly have captured both men and women. We didn't have to work too much on her but to monitor and maintain her that way is what we must do." He kept on saying. He must have heard manager Jun sighed heavily that he looked at him and continue to say somewhat comforting words, "Don't worry I know she is a human being too. I am doing this for her. I do not want, one day, she would look back and think that I have done nothing to make her 'The Audrey Hepburn' of Korea. For me she already is." He placed down his coffee mug. "I will call the endorser to make an appoinment and I shall update you on her upcoming project. There are drama scripts ready for her review. Bring them to her. " He further instructed.

**************

"So what has he been up to lately?" Asked the director sitting accross Manager Han at their meeting room. The secretary was busy preparing Min Ho's cf deals and drama scripts as well as movie scripts. 

"He has three days off and he is resting now, preparing himself for the upcoming weeks." Manager Han answered shortly with his laptop in front of him He was always ready to organize MIn Ho's schedule. 

"I see, make sure he is away from the general crowd for the time being. There are still people waiting to tail him." His director said. "He is at the height of his career now, let's maintain that for as long as we could. We want to keep our motto. Keep them all on top of the world for the rest of their lives." His director continued ambitiously. 

That statement made Manager Han uncomfortable. He felt that the director was violating people's human right. He simply pressed his lips together trying hard not to answer his director back. He wanted to take Min Ho side but he also need to ensure that Min Ho has the best for his career. The agency that he was working for is known for their ruthlessness in pushing its people to stardom. "Neh.." He answered his boss short. 

"Here are some more cf deals, drama and movie scripts. Bring to him and ask him to choose which he would like to go for. " His boss told him as he asked the secretary to push the lot to his manager.

"Neh.." He quietly answered. "Are we done boss?" He asked as he packed up his laptop into his bag. His boss nodded and smiled at him. Manager Han then put on his bag pack and took the lot with him, headed to his car. He then, dialed Min Ho's number to tell him that he was picking him up.

*********

"I think he is lying to me." The director of Min Ho's agency voiced out his thoughts. His secretary stopped from cleaning up the table and gathered the mugs just close by her. "What do you think Min yeong-ssi?" He looked up at his secretary. 

She cleared . She seemed scared towards him. "I... I think he was being honest Sajangnim." She quickly carried the dishes away and brought it to the kitchen. As she was washing them, she heard someone was calling her name.

"Pssssttt... Min Yeong Ssi..."She turned her head to see who it was. She saw Manager Han whispering from a near by conference room. "Here.." He waved at her. Min Yeong blinked her eyes once to indicate she agreed. Manager Han quickly closed the door to avoid any suspiscion. 

Min Yeong looked around the line was clear and she slowly head to the conference room. 

"Waeee?" She asked Manager Han. She had been his spy and Min Ho's for quite some time now.  It was Manager Han who introduced her to his boss. They met on a cafe. Min yeong was crying hard that day since she was laid off. The company she worked for closed down due to economic crisis. She was frustrated as she had to support her two younger twin sisters for college. She was her parents' hope. That day Manager Han was also frustrated to the idea he might be sacked off too due to keeping secret of Min Ho's relationship and siding with him. Even though they were stranger but their frustrating situations were the similarity they had, the talked and one thing led to another, in the end Manager Han known for his kindness offered to help her find a job. 

"So did the boss suspected anything?" He asked in a hurried as she entered.

"Ani...He did ask me of whether I think  you might be hiding something. I just told him you sounded normal and walked away." She told him. Min Yeong looked up at Manager Han as a brother and nothing more, so did Manager Han. "Hyung, I think for you to avoid suspiscion just talk a little bit more about Min Ho like how he was doing at the set and stuff. Be warm not cold." She adviced him.

"Kare... Ara... I will next time. Now, carry those mugs away and pretend I asked you to clean up. I am going to pretend to do work here for a bit. " Manager Hand told her. They had to be extra careful being discreet in the office. Their ruthless boss might not be able to spare any feelings for them. Min Yeong did what she was told. 

*********

"I see... so our managers got their story straight. I think letting them being busy will set them apart for now. I think their feelings were born from that drama." Said Shin Hye's director on his phone. He was looking at news about Shin Hye. "Yes, she is too busy I think to even spare time. I even told her professor to give her assignments to keep her on her toes. She is one rare talented beauty and I am going to ensure she will be timeless."

"Our Min Ho is on the top of his career, who would have thought. After a few dramas, his name exploded and indeed The heirs helped that a lot. I guess we should also be grateful upon agreeing pairing them up." Said Min Ho's director. "I hope they realized soon that those feelings can also fade away."