40 Heart to Heart

The Strength of Our Strings

Shin Hye was busy studying at the study room that Min Ho prepared for her but Min Ho was bored so he kept on coming in and out of the room. He would either pull a chair and placed it in front of her pretending to read the news paper but he would occassionally peeped at her as he flipped the pages or he would pretend to sleep at the sofa which also happens to be right of her view. Shin Hye was trying to hold in her annoyance at her very adorable husband but at the same time she found that it was quite entertaining and relieving her from her stress. 

"Aish... News paper nowadays are too slim. You see.." He said showing how thin the newspaper was. Shin Hye looked at it and nodded her head and then focused some more on her study. "Yah... How are going to build a greater nation if the newspaper are not written in length." He complained further. Shin Hye looked at him patiently and smiled.

"Chakgya... We have internet nowadays, if you want them in length you can check them online." She blew his bluff. Then she went back to her studying. This annoyed Min Ho, he wanted her attention so much. 

"You know, reading is good and feel much better if it's from paper." He argued further and he knew he was about to tip Shin Hye's anger.

"Aish.. Jinjaaaaaa... Yahhh... I need to focus!!!" She scolded. She stood up and walked to MIn Ho. Min Ho just sat where he was, not wanting to move. She pulled him up but he deliberately pulled her to him and smiled that she had lost her balanced and landed to his lap. He hugged her tightly, "Ya!" She tried to fight off. "Yah!" She said again as she tried to free herself. "Opaa~~~~" She said cutely at him half crying, " I need to score~~~" Min Ho melted at her pleading filled with her aegyo. 

"Arasso... Arassoo.. Sorry my darling... I miss you so much..." He smiled sheepishly. Shin Hye blushed at this and then she hugged him.

"Ara... No mu pogoshiposso yo.. But I really want to excel..." She told him earnestly and exhaled. "Hmm... What if...?"

Min Ho was smiling widely thinking of such erted suggestion Shin Hye might retort. He was waiting patiently as he played so many imagination involving him and Shin Hye. 

"What if.... you hang out with your friends?" She suggested as she looked at him. He gave her the disappointing look. She knew he was disappointed but she pretended she didn't notice his intention. "Kim Bum-ssi? I bet he is looking for a friend. After his break up , I am sure he is in need of one." She said cutely. 

"Keunde... I spare my time only for you.. Not for someone else.." He pouted his mouth. Shin Hye found it too cute and irresistable, she pecked his lips. "No... I want..." He was attacking her, he pulled her head with one of his hand while the other one held her body, he kissed her without any hesitation. When he released her, her lips were swollen, her eyes were closed enjoying the sweetness it was between them. "See you want it as well..." He teased.

"Hajima... I need to study ..." She made a pleading face. "Just a moment.. and I am almost done.." She tried to make a deal with him.

"Ara... Ara..." He felt guilty. "I'll be going out so you can study. Just call me when you need me. Arasso?" He demanded.

"Arassoyo..." She obeyed. 

***************

He ended up calling Kim Bum at last. They planned to meet at a cafe. He had to be somewhere else. If he was still at home he would probably try his hardest to rob Shin Hye's attention from her studying. "Why does she have to study!!!" He said feeling a tad frustrated. 

Luckily, they have chosen a cafe which was quite hidden and there weren't that many people around. Kim Bum sat alone at the very back of the cafe. Min Ho being greeted enthusiastically bu the host and hostess of the cafe, headed towards him. "Yah.. Where have you been hiding?" He greeted Kim Bum.

"Hiding? I was hybernating." Kim Bum replied. "You on the other hand, I was quite surprised."

"Chega? Wae?" Min Ho asked as he sat down.

"You didn't call me for a while and all of the sudden, out of the blue, here we are." Kim Bum said as he sipped his drink. 

"Kenyang... I have some free time and.."He turned his face to the side, "someone kicked me out of the house," He said under his breathe.

"Neh?" Kim Bum asked.

"So, how are you?" Min Ho asked.

"Kenyang, this and that..." Kim Bum answered non-chalantly. "Things just ended up that way. We just have to accept that." He continued. "And you, so many rumours and a lot of beautiful ladies hunting you. So, you are the Romeo of the century?" Kim Bum complimented.

"Kenyang, it just happened that way. "MIn Ho answered back smiling slyly. "Why are you hiding?"

"I just needed the time. Emotionally I was unstable. So, my agency thought that I need to cool down first. I am okay now. I am ready for any jobs." Kim Bum explained.

"That's good to hear," Min Ho tried to sound encouraging. "You have to live. Who knows, if it's meant to be, you will be with her again." He tried to comfort Kim Bum.

"Let's leave it as that." Kim Bum suggested as he didn't want to discuss it further. "What about you? You have been single for two years now," He asked.

"Me? Oh, well... I am observing only at the moment, when the time is right, I will announce about our wedding." He said carefully not to spill his secret. 

"I thought the rumours about you and Shin Hye were true. I was happy until you both denied it." Kim Bum said. "She's a great catch and I noticed she's becoming beautiful and ier." 

"Is she?" Min Ho tried to act aloof about her. 

"Matta... You only see her as dongsaeng..." Kim Bum remembered. "Oh well, she's a great person to have as a friend. Yong Hwa might be lucky if he decided to make the move. They are really close." Kim Bum said.

'Aish.... What are you saying!!!!' Min Ho had to maintain his composure not to lose his temperament. "Is he planning to?" Min Ho tried to fish out.

"I don't know. I know they are pretty close but Shin Hye is busy now, so who knows after she graduated or as a trend nowadays, after he leaves his military service. " Kim Bum guessed.

"How about you? Would you go for Shin Hye?" Min Ho was curious about Kim Bum's feeling.

"Dega?"Hm.. Well... She is a woman who is very beautiful, she has great personality, she has wife characters that most men want and she's the queen of congeniality." Kim Bum listed out her qualities, "I might. See how we progress first." He said. 

"That is so true. She does have gread qualities as a person." Min Ho agreed.

"Why didn't you date her?" Kim Bum asked.

"Hm..." He was saved by a beep of text. "Changkaman..." He then read the text, it was from Shin Hye.

"Please bring me midnight food. I am so hungry. I want sandwich, please." She then sent him a picture of her pouting. Min Ho chuckled seeing her cute picture.

"Who's that?" Kim Bum asked. "Youja chingu?" He asked curiously.

"Nope." Min Ho answered briefly. He then raised his hand to call the waiter and ordered two sandwiches for take out. 

"I am curious now, you are trying hard to avoid this matter. Tell me, you are in a relationship are you?" Kim Bum asked.

Min Ho pressed his lips. He felt he was cornered and added with the excitement of wanting to spurt out about his relationship. "Do you have anywhere to go after this?" Min Ho asked.

"Maybe... It depends on the mood." Kim Bum answered lazily. 

"Join me after this." Min Ho offered, he raised his hand again to get the attention of one of the waiters and ordered some cakes as well.

"Waeeee?" Kim Bum asked. 

"Just hanging out somewhere pleaant." He hinted.

************

Shin Hye tried so hard to focus for the past two hours. Her brain was giving up on her. As if Ara understood she was in stress, Ara called. 

"Ara! Ara!" Shin Hye answered in a very cute manner. "Bogoshippo chinguuuu!" She declared.

"Yah! Are you drunk?" Ara asked, "You better study hard!" Ara told her.

"I am... I have been memorizing for the last two hours. It felt like years." Shin Hye whined.

"Yah! Stop being an aegi!" ARa scolded her. "Where's your husband?"

"I kicked him out." Shin Hye answered.

"Tu?" Ara asked in surprise. "I am not going to be your mediator! Stop fighting already!" Ara told her.

"Aniya... He was bothering me while I was studying. I asked him to hang out with his chingus." Shin Hye explained. "Ara.. I am so hungry..." Shin Hye whined again.

"Go eat then! What good is it telling me. Where's your husband? Ask him to cook," Ara told her.

"Already! I told him to buy me a sandwich. I am somehow craving for it." She explained.

"I am glad that you are back to normal. I am just checking you out." Ara explained her intention. "Chingu Hwaiting!!" Ara cheered.

After they ended their call, Ara send her a picture of Min Ho staring at the Han River. "Look at how sad he looks. He was worried about you all the time. I am happy that he was sad that day. I can relax now, knowing my dearest friend is in good hands." Shin Hye smiled receiving the text. She immediately made it as her screen wall paper for her couple phone.

"I need to rest." She told herself. She decided to just bring her shortnotes and went downstair. She grabbed a glass of juice and sat in front of the tv. She switched on the tv and watched football. She heard Min Ho's car revving through their parking area.  "Yay... The food is here." She then ran up to the entrance to greet him. 

"Welcome home sajangnim..." She playfully greeted as he opened the door. 

"Shin Hye?" Said an unfamiliar voice. She immediately looked up and saw Kim Bum. "Min Ho, what? What?" Kim Bum looked at Min Ho in confusion. Shin Hye panicked, MIn Ho didn't say anything about him bringing anyone home. 

"Ottoke..." ShiN hye uttered. Min Ho walked towards her and stood behind her. 

"Kim Bum, meet my wife, Park Shin Hye-Ssi." Min ho proudly introduced her to Kim Bum. 

***************

After Kim Bum left, Shin Hye was still feeling hungry. 

"I am hungry again! This is not good," She whined at Min Ho who was staring at her smiling. He was watching her and he noticed she ate a lot too that night.

"That's why! You need to relax your mind. " Min Ho suspected it was because she was stressed with her studying. 

Shin Hye smiled at him. She felt relaxed and happier. 

"You know, I haven't eaten ramen for a long time. I think I want to have some. " He stood up and headed to the kitchen. 

Shin Hye excitedly followed him to the kitchen like a puppy. "Shall I help you?"

MIn Ho was preparing to cook for his wife and him. Shin Hye also helped, she loves vegetables a lot and she was happily cutting them to add to the ramen.  

"Wowwww..... That looks really deliscious...." Shin Hye ogled her eyes to the beautiful presentation of the ramen that they both prepared.

"Eat a lot my dear wife," Min Ho offered her.

"You too," Shin Hye told him. 

They ate the ramen deliciously. 

"Wah... this is so good." Shin Hye praised her husband's cooking.

"Of course! This is my signature dish."Min Ho claimed proudly. 

Shin Hye was affected by his never ending love to her, "Mianhe chakgya for causing a lot of trouble." She apologized to him.

"Wae?" He asked. "You didn't. Forget it already. I want us to continue be happy like this." Min Ho told her.

"I want to tell you anyhow," Shin Hye felt that she owed him an explanation.

Min Ho looked at her lovingly, ready to listen to her.

"At that time, it was right after I conversed with you. Your work phone was ringing and I answered since you gave me the permission to do so and it happened so that her number was foreign number. She thought that I was Big Nana Eonnie. She told me about the article released and she sent the article to your phone so I was curious and I read it." Shin Hye tried to maintain her composure. She could still feel the pain.

"Luckily, my agency tackled it well." Min Ho said with relief. "She was just in the area and we bumped into one another. I was waiting for hyung who had an errand and she was waiting for her car to fetch her. So she decided to join me. I didn't offer her but I thought I'd be rude to send her away. We just talked. Well, she talked, I listened most of the time." Min Ho explained. 

"I see... Well, at that time, I thought you got bored of me and I thought you were opening your heart back to her. I felt vulnerable at that time, I think things were accumulating and that incident pushed me to do the unthinkable. I have never felt that depressed, the only thing I was thinking at that time was to make sure that you can achieve your happiness. I said to myself, it's okay if I am hurt but it's not okay if you are. It thought the best thing I could give to you at that time was to sacrifice myself. I..." Shin Hye tried to held in her emotion.

"Let's just stop." Min Ho eyes were teary. "I can't listen to it anymore. It's hurting me that you think that way." His face was sullen. He was holding back his tears. He put down his chopsticks and spoon. Shin Hye walked to him and she kneeled.

"Mianhe ... Mianhe.. I thought that you should know..." Shin Hye then lied her head on his laps. 

"I understand your situation, I am at fault as well. I didn't tell you about it. I forgot. I was excited at the idea of our couple phones. My mind was filled with you."He explained. 

"Gomawo Chakgya... Gomawo for fighting for us." Shin Hye said gratefully.

Min Ho patted her head softly and said, "Gomawo for giving me your heart..."

 

We love,

We argue,

We cry,

We kiss,

My heart is yours now,

Yours is mine.

 

P/s: Happy 28th Birthday to Lee Min Ho. May you have a good life and hopefully fall in love with Park Shin Hye for real. HEHEHEHE