Flowers

Back At Your Door

Chapter 9

 

Author’s POV

 

After seeing Yuri leave, Kris decided to stay at the soccer field for a little bit. He smiled at the thought of being able to play again. When him and Jessica came to Korea last year, he had no time to indulge himself into his favorite sport because he was too busy adjusting to his new surroundings. Now that everything was settled, Kris wants to spend the last year of his high school life playing for Whimoon, just like how he played for his former school in California.

 

“I’ll make this year a memorable one.” He said to himself.

 

Last year was a pretty rough year for him, especially for his cousin. When the scandal broke out in Daewon, everybody was in total shock, including Kris. He never thought that Jessica was romantically involved with anyone, let alone a teacher.

 

The video along with the pictures were spread out through the students and eventually the other faculty members and even going as far as the administration of the school itself. Kris couldn’t look at Jessica in the eyes after seeing it but he never left his cousin’s side, not even once. Jessica spiraled down into depression, there was never a day she didn’t cry. Kris had to bear with her. It was very hard for him to see Jessica like that but there was nothing he could do. There were no words to make her feel better or ease her pain and so Kris went on every day just watching Jessica crumble down into pieces.

Kris knew it was impossible for them to escape, especially when they transferred to Whimoon, their former school’s sister institution. He never understood why Jessica’s parents were so adamant about her getting into Whimoon and nowhere else. Jessica was even forbidden by her father to return to their home until their graduation.

Unlike Jessica, Kris had a choice whether to stay in Daewon or transfer to any school. He chose to follow Jessica because he didn’t want to leave her all alone. Not when he knew that one way or another, Jessica’s past will find its way to haunt her again. The two of them only moved to their current neighborhood a few days before classes started.

Kris sighed as he remembered the unfortunate events that had taken place last year. He figured that there was no use in looking back anymore and so he shrugged off these draining thoughts and went home. As he was walking back, he saw someone waiting in front of their apartment complex. When he got closer, he caught a glimpse of the person’s face and right then and there he was able to recognize her.

 

“Tiff!” Kris ran to where she was.

 

“Oh hey Kris!” She then gave him a quick hug.

 

“How are you? And where’s Jessi?” Tiffany said as she let go of the hug

 

“Uhm. She’s hanging out with…” Kris paused. He wasn’t sure if his cousin was on a date or what

 

“..with a classmate.” He added.

 

Tiffany nodded then she broke into a smile.

 

“It’s good that she’s making friends! How’s everything in Whimoon? Did it already…” Tiffany trailed as she bit her lip.

 

“Unfortunately, yeah. Well, at least no one’s trying to pull pranks on her. She’s smiling a lot now too. How are things in Daewon?”

 

“Nothing changed, actually..”

 

Tiffany and Kris went on with their conversation by asking how things were going in each other’s life and such until the former mentioned a familiar name.

 

“Do you happen to know a Kwon Yuri? From what I heard he’s Whimoon’s crowning jewel, yeah?”

 

“Yeap. He happens to be our classmate. Why? Do you know him?” Kris asked in bewilderment. He hasn’t heard of Yuri until he came to Whimoon but it seems that his reputation caught him off guard.

 

“We’re sort of related. His father is my uncle so that makes him my second cousin!”

 

Kris pondered for a moment then he quickly realized the underlying fact on Tiffany’s statement.

 

“That means he’s part of your clan’s main family, right?”

 

“Yeap. He’s in the same bracket as me. We were born on the same year!”

 

Tiffany then explained that the only time she sees Yuri nowadays were during their family’s social gatherings. Before, when they were kids, she was often taken by her father to Yuri's house however even during those times she barely saw him.

 

“Well enough about that, I came here to give you this!” Tiffany then took out a neatly folder paper with their clan’s insignia.

 

Kris then took it and asked what it was for

 

“It’s an invitation to a party this Saturday! I hope you and Jessi can come this year! You guys rejected my offer last year.” Tiffany pouted

 

“Jessica had some plans that weekend so she couldn’t go and well as for me, I didn’t want to go without her because it would’ve been awkward! I barely knew you and classes had just begun back then.”

 

“Yeah yeah. Whatever! Just make sure you and Jessi make it this time, okay?” Tiffany gave him, her famous eye smile to which Kris replied with a nod followed by a smile.

 

A few minutes after a car pulled over in front of Kris and Tiffany. It was the latter’s driver.

 

“Well, it’s nice seeing you again, Kris! Make sure you say hi to Jessi for me! Bye!” she said before getting in the car.

Kris waited for them to drive away before going inside their apartment.

 

--

Meanwhile, at the café!

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I definitely found it amusing that out of all the places Taeyeon could’ve picked, it just had to be the same place where Taecyeon and, more importantly, Jessica were. A series of ideas went inside my head. I certainly don’t want to ruin Jessica’s night but I don’t mind making it more interesting.

 

“You’re scaring me. What the hell are you thinking about?” Taeyeon suddenly said. She hung her head low in an attempt to hide herself.

 

“You don’t have to do that. I’m tall enough for them not to see you.”

 

“YA!” Taeyeon retaliated but kept her voice low

 

I took yet another sip out of my drink and began to think again. I’m drawing a certain a situation in my mind that I want to occur. The only thing I need is to figure out how to put everything into place and make everything go the way I want it to be. I tried to observe my surroundings and as I did, the glass panel behind Taeyeon caught my attention.

 

“Anyways, I want to know your opinion about me and Jessica.” I said still looking at the panel

 

Taeyeon looked at me with a confused expression.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

I sighed. I knew it wasn’t gonna be easy. I’m not exactly the type of person to give out specific details.

 

“Let’s say I direly need her in my life. What do you propose I should do?”

 

“Need? Like what? To be your girlfriend?”

 

“Could be but it doesn’t necessarily have to be like that.”

 

Taeyeon chuckled before responding back

 

“Oh come on. Man up. I know you like her and whether you’ve realized it already or not, I’m 100% sure you want to be more than just a friend.” I tore my gaze away from the glass panel and looked at Taeyeon instead.

 

“I’m not sure what I want but what I do know is that I want her constant presence in my life.”

 

“Constant presence? Geez. For starters, stop talking like an old man.” Taeyeon then took a quick peek behind me to look at the two who were still chatting, oblivious to our presence

 

“..Okay, let’s just say that you do want her to be your girlfriend. First thing’s first. You have to get rid of that guy.” Taeyeon added

..

..

..

 

“Well, wouldn’t that be a little bit rude? To Jessica, I mean. She might consider Taecyeon as a good friend.”

 

Taeyeon then gave me a frustrated look.

 

“I didn’t mean that you should separate them permanently. What I mean is, you should set a boundary for Taecyeon. You can either tell him to back off a bit or you can just make Jessica choose so she can set the line herself.”

 

I looked at Taeyeon. I was trying to process what she was saying. For the first time in my life, I’m actually having a hard time to understand something that is being explained to me.

 

“I still don’t get it.”

 

This time Taeyeon face-palmed herself.

 

“For an elite student, you sure are stupid when it comes down stuff like this. Well anyways, what I meant was you can either tell Taecyeon that you have feelings for Jessica so that he’ll back off or you can just sweep Jessica off her feet so hard that she won’t even take a look at Taecyeon.”

 

Simply telling Taecyeon to back off would be kind of forcing Jessica to choose me while the other option is really bothersome and not to mention something I absolutely know nothing about but it’ll be better that way since Jessica will be able to freely choose between us. Me wanting to make Jessica choose between me and Taecyeon, seems to be a sign that I do want to be more than just a friend to her. I’ll gladly take that sign then.

 

“I’ll take the second option which means I do probably want to be more than just a friend.”

 

“How can you not be sure of that? Seriously, Yuri?” Taeyeon was more than bewildered at this point.

 

“She’s the first person I’ve ever had an interest on. If I’ve had experience beforehand then you and I wouldn’t be here right now, would we?” After saying this, I yet again put all my attention on glass panel behind Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon replied with a sigh.

 

“Alright then. Let’s get out of here.” I stood up but then Taeyeon pulled me back down and when she did my chair made an audible noise to which then made me smile.

 

Hook.

 

“Sit your down! Are you crazy? We can’t let them see us. They might get the wrong idea.” Taeyeon whispered and then she took a quick peek at the other two.

 

“YA! They’re looking at us! Put your hoodie up!” She said before putting up her own.

 

Line.

 

I ignored what Taeyeon said and instead counted to 5 before standing up again and make my way towards the exit.

 

..

..

..

 

“Yuri?” A familiar soft and gentle voice called out to me.

 

Sinker.

 

--

Author’s POV

 

Whilst Taeyeon and Yuri were having their conversation, the latter could slightly see the reflections of Taecyeon and Jessica on the glass panel behind Taeyeon. Yuri planned to keep their conversation going until such time that the other two were about to leave so that he can time himself to stand up also and head for the door at the same time as them and make it seem like everything was a coincidence.

 

The boy’s planned work. When he saw that Jessica and Taecyeon were about to leave, he suddenly stood up so that Taeyeon will pull him back down. Yuri knew that his friend wouldn’t want the other two to see them together and so when he got pulled back down, he made sure that he exaggerated his landing so that his chair would make an audible noise that would inevitably make Taecyeon and Jessica look their way.

When Taeyeon confirmed to him that they were indeed looking their way, he proceeded to look at the glass panel once again to observe their movements. Just when the two were about to approach their table, Yuri stood up once again and headed for the exit but before he could push the glass door, Jessica had called his name.

 

“Yuri?” Jessica said

 

Yuri turned around and smiled at former.

 

“Oh Tae..Taeyeon?” Taecyeon set down his gaze on the petite girl sitting down with her hood up.

 

With that Jessica also looked at the girl who was sitting down with Yuri just a while ago.

 

Realizing that they’re already caught, Taeyeon removed her hood to reveal her face. Well actually, the hoodie didn’t really help that much.

 

“Oh hey… didn’t know you guys were here too!” Taeyeon awkwardly said as she stood up and went beside Yuri

 

“What are you guys doing here?” Taecyeon asked

 

“Uhm. You see… Yuri wanted to… uhm..” Taeyeon trailed. She wasn’t good with coming up with lies on the spot

 

“I wanted to talk to Taeyeon about some personal matters and so I asked her to meet up with me here. How about you guys?” Yuri swiftly said

 

Yuri’s reply made Taeyeon’s eyes widened and curse under hear breath. She was expecting him to lie so that the other two wouldn’t get the wrong idea about them.

 

“I asked Jessica to come with me here to make up for bailing out on touring me around school.” Taecyeon replied with a grin while Jessica was still stunned to see the other boy.

 

Yuri nodded and soon after spoke

 

“Well, we were just about to head home. I’m guessing you guys are too.”

 

Jessica remained silent while Taecyeon nodded in response. All four of them exited the café with Yuri and Taeyeon ahead and the other two trailing behind them. There was a thick sense of awkwardness in the atmosphere. When they got out on street, Taeyeon quickly bid goodbye to them as she’ll be taking a different route compared to the other three.

“I’ll see you guys tomorrow! Have a safe trip home!” she then hurriedly entered the cab she hailed. In reality, she could’ve stayed with them until they arrived at the bus stop but she would have to ride a different bus than them. Nevertheless, she opted take a taxi home. The mood back there was definitely something she would rather not be a part of.

 

Back in front of the café, the three were left. No one dared to speak until Yuri decided to break the silence.

 

“Well, I guess I’ll go on ahead too. Good night.” Yuri slightly bowed his head before turning around and walking away.

 

“Hey! We go the same way right? Let’s just all go home together.” Jessica suddenly blurted out

 

Hearing Jessica, Yuri turned to face them.

 

“I wouldn’t want to get in your way. Also, I’ll be taking a different route so yeah. Goodbye then.” Those were Yuri’s last words before turning back around and walking away from the two.

 

Taecyeon just stood there in silence watching everything. The way Jessica looked at Yuri’s slowly disappearing figure made it clear to him that Jessica feels something towards the latter. Will that stop him? The answer was definitely no. After today he was more than determined to win Jessica over because he has fallen for the girl’s innate charms.

 

“It’s getting late, we should hurry to the bus stop.” Taecyeon softly said.

 

Jessica snapped out of her daze and gave Taecyeon a quick nod. The two, crossed the street and walked a bit till they reached the said bus stop. Seeing Yuri bothered Jessica a lot. It wasn’t because she saw Yuri with Taeyeon, in fact it was the other way around. She was worried Yuri would get the wrong idea from what he saw but then it seems like he doesn’t care at all. He even smiled at her, showing no signs of disappointment or even shock. Now more than ever she was confused.

 

Maybe he really just likes me as a friend

Wait, come on Jessica. You’re not supposed to feel this way, anyway!

 

Several minutes at the bus stop, there was only silence between them. While Jessica was immersed in her thoughts, their designated bus had arrived. Taecyeon looked over to Jessica and it seemed like she wasn’t aware of whatever’s happening around them.

 

“Are you kids gonna get in or not?” The bus driver had opened the door for the two.

 

Without really thinking, Taecyeon grabbed Jessica’s hand and pulled her along to get inside. The sudden contact made Jessica flinch a bit but she did not pull away from Taecyeon’s grasp. When they got in, Taecyeon led her towards the middle of the bus where he found empty seats. He turned around to face Jessica and quickly let go of her hand.

 

“You first!” Taecyeon said with a smile.

 

Jessica took the seat near the window and soon after settling herself, Taecyeon followed suit. Jessica felt strange with what Taecyeon had done but she wasn’t mad at him either.

 

“Sorry about that. You were spacing out so…”

 

“No. It’s okay.” Jessica replied with a smile. She knew Taecyeon meant no harm at all.

 

Seeing Jessica smile at him like that made Taecyeon more driven to capture the girl’s heart. If Yuri was aiming for the same thing as him then he was more than happy to compete with him. Like, Yuri, Taecyeon saw that Jessica wasn’t just your ordinary girl. She’s the type of girl that’ll make you happy by just seeing her. Visually, Jessica was not average, if there was a chart, she would’ve blown the standards up high. Personality wise, she wasn’t lacking either. She was, in Taecyeon’s words, perfection at its purest image.

 

“Thank you for today! I really had fun.” Taecyeon said.

 

“I had fun too. Thanks for the treat! Try not to skip class tomorrow, okay?” Jessica playfully said

 

“Yes, ma’am!”

--

Yuri’s POV

 

I walked around for a bit until I completely assured myself that they wouldn’t be able to see me. I checked my clock and then took out my phone.

 

*Ring Ring*

 

“Good evening, sir.” The man on the other line answered

 

“Good evening too. Can you please send someone for me? I’ll send you the address.”

 

“Certainly. Is there anything else, sir?"

 

“No. That would be all. Thank you.”

 

I ended the call and waited for a driver. I rarely use this privilege because I’ve never really went anywhere far enough for me to have the need to. Except that one time when I went back to my old house but I opted to just take a taxi since I didn’t really want anyone to know I was gonna go there.

 

5 minutes passed and to my surprise a car pulled over in front of me. The driver got off and opened the door for me.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Kwon.”

 

“You got here fast.”

 

“I was around the neighborhood for an errand, sir.”

 

Yuri didn’t respond but instead went inside the rather fancy car. Seconds after, the driver got in.

 

“Where to sir?”

 

“My apartment. Do you know a shortcut? I’d like to get there as soon as possible.”

 

“I’ll find a way, sir.”

 

We drove off. I began to wonder if my plan would work. If it didn’t then I can just think of another one. I’ve contoured tons of situations in my head so I wouldn’t really mind if this one fails. As much as I hate to treat this like a game, there was no other way since Taecyeon came into the picture. Competitions aren’t really my thing though. The idea of fighting over something didn’t appeal to me however I don’t oppose to it either. I have to admit, this little competition made everything a little bit more fun.

I absolutely have no idea how to win her over but I do know how to make people think. I purposely made sure that Jessica and Taecyeon would see me and Taeyeon at the café earlier so she’ll have to wonder why we were there. Clearly, I’m assuming that she’ll think about it but I’ve got a good feeling that she will. I estimated how long will it take for them to get on the bus and their actual travel time. I don’t know where Taecyeon lives but I’m sure he’ll go out of his way to walk Jessica home. There was no doubt in that. According to the time frame in my head, they should arrive in front of Jessica’s apartment complex in 20 to 30 minutes but it could be less than that or even more if they decide to stop somewhere.

 

“Sir, we have arrived.” The driver suddenly spoke, waking me up from my little trance. The car came to a full stop and he went to my side to open the door.

 

Well that was fast.

 

“Thank you. You may go now.” He then bowed to me and drove off.

I wasn’t gonna go call it a day just yet so I walked back a bit and arrived in front of Jessica’s apartment complex. I figured it would be too creepy if I just waited there so I went across the street to the mini playground. I sat on one of the swings. The street was well lit but one streetlight wasn’t working and it happened to be the one within the proximity of the swings so I think they wouldn’t notice me here.

If I’ve never met Jessica I wouldn’t even be here right now. I would be at home listening to my own wicked thoughts till I fall asleep but instead I’m here waiting for her. I haven’t really figured out what to say but I’m hoping I would think of something when I see her.

I looked up at the night sky. The stars were shining brightly above me. It was a rare sight for me to see since I don’t go out at all. My life until now has been always been a routine but now I’m living a random one. It kinda feels refreshing actually. It actually feels like I’m alive. I could get used to this feeling…

 

--

Jessica’s POV

 

The bus ride with Taecyeon was entertaining enough for me to laugh here and there at his jokes. When we got to my stop, I was surprised because he got off with me.

 

“You live around here too?” I asked him when we got off.

 

“Uh. Not really. I was supposed to get off at the next stop.”

 

“Wait what? That was the last bus!” I blurted out

 

Taecyeon only gave me a smile and started walking ahead of me.

 

“How are you gonna get home? And why did you get off?” I caught up to him and grabbed his arm but I quickly retracted my hand when he turned to face me.

 

“I wanted to make sure you make it home safely. I could just walk home, you know. It’s not that far!”

 

I was speechless. I thought this was really reckless of him but he was just concerned which I should be thankful of.

Taecyeon then went behind me and pushed me forward, urging me to start walking. I could only sigh inwardly. There was no point in stopping him since he was already here. We started walking and in a couple of minutes, we reached my apartment complex.

 

“This is me.” I said as I stopped in my tracks.

 

“Ohh. Wow, you’re not that far from Whimoon.” He said as he looked up at the building

 

“You should go ahead. You’ve walked me home, the least I can do is see you off.”

 

Taecyeon gave me that silly grin of his.

 

“Alright then! I’ll see you tomorrow! I hope we can do this again sometime, I really had fun! Well then, Goodnight!” He gave me a formal bow which made me laugh.

 

“Good night too.” I said before he walked away. I waited till his back figure was hard for me to see. I sighed, I was pretty worn out from today but I still had some assignments to do. I guess I’ll have to pull an all-nighter.

 

Before I could enter the building I heard my name being called out.

 

“Jessica.” A husky voice called out to me

 

That voice…

 

..

..

..

..

 

I turned around and saw Yuri standing across the street. I couldn’t help but hung my mouth open. What in the world was he doing there?

 

He slowly made his way to me and in a matter of seconds he was standing tall in front of me.

 

“Hi.” He said

 

“H-hello.” I stuttered. I couldn’t help it. I was in total shock.

 

He didn’t say anything after that. Yuri just stood there, looking at me. I blinked a few times just to make sure I’m not just seeing things and that he was actually in front of me.

 

“What are you doing here?” I managed to say without messing up.

 

“I was waiting for you. I know that seems really strange and creepy but I felt like I wanted to talk to you so I’m here.”

 

Talk to me?

 

“Talk to me about?”

 

Yuri snickered before answering

 

“I said I felt like I wanted to talk to you. I didn’t say I actually had something to talk to you about.”

 

I could only smile at his reply. He can be so random at times, like earlier when he gave me that little flower origami.

 

“You’re so random…Thanks for the flower, by the way. It kinda surprised me. You don’t seem the artsy type, you know?”

 

I found these little acts of his really cute and it really makes me feel somewhat special. Not that I’m bragging but I’ve yet to see him act like this towards other people. Is he really serious about liking me? I mean liking me in that way? Or is he just really being nice?

 

“Did you like it?” He asked.

 

I nodded excitedly with a smile. He continued to stare at me for a few more seconds. I have to admit, his eyes are the kind where you just can’t help but to be mesmerized by. The street lights certainly did their job, I could clearly see his face although I couldn’t read his expression. It was albeit different from his usual one, it was as if he’s thinking deeply about something.

 

“Well, I think I’ve talked to you enough to satisfy my want earlier. Good night.” He suddenly uttered.

 

Yuri bowed and I did too. He turned away and started walking. I smiled as I send him off. I felt something tugging on my chest. It was a familiar feeling, the one I knew so well. The one I promised myself not to feel again…

 

I can’t do this…

 

I shook my head and entered my apartment. Kris was still up. He was watching T.V.

 

“Oh hey.” He greeted me with a smile.

 

“Have you eaten already?”

 

“Yeah. You?”

 

“I don’t really feel like eating. I’m gonna head to my room now. Good night.”

 

I went to my room and plopped myself onto my bed. I know that people are talking about me and Yuri and tomorrow, people are probably gonna talk about me and Taecyeon since some students saw us exiting the campus together. I brought this all to myself. If I just stood by my plan, none of this would’ve happen. I should’ve stopped myself from getting this close to Yuri and everyone else. Now, I’ll have to drag down these nice people with me…

 

Just then I heard a knock, pulling me back into reality.

 

“Come in.” I said as I fixed myself

 

Kris entered and gently closed the door.

 

“Hey, can we talk?”

 

“Sure. What is it?”

 

Kris sat down on my bed beside me. He looked hesitant at first but he managed to speak

 

“Okay. I’ll get straight to the point. Do you like Yuri? As more than a friend, maybe? Or uhm is it Taecyeon?”

 

I felt my body tense up when he mentioned Yuri’s name. Of course Kris would ask. He too has probably heard of the rumors and now I’ve added more fuel to the fire by involving Taecyeon as well.

 

“They’re both good friends of mine…”

 

“Don’t get me wrong, they both seem like nice guys but…” Kris paused. He sighed and looked right into my eyes.

 

“I just want you to be careful, okay? I don’t want you to get hurt again.”

 

I smiled at him. Kris is like a brother to me. He tries his best to protect me but of course he can only do so much. In the end the only person who can truly protect me is myself.

 

“Thank you so much for looking out for me.” I gave him a tight hug.

 

Kris has done so much, he even left Daewon for me. All his friends are there and even though it’s not that far from here, it’s still different when you’re in the same school. I’ll always be thankful for having someone like him to stick around my life even after the whirlwind of problems I’ve dragged him into.

 

“By the way Tiffany dropped by today.” Kris said as he let go of our hug.

 

Tiffany. Another person who never left me. She was always there for me just like how Kris was.

 

“Really? What for? I wanted to come home earlier but I couldn’t really leave Taecyeon…”

 

“Tiff came to give us an invitation to that same party she invited us to last year.”

 

I’m guessing it’s the same party, Yuri invited us to. I wonder if Tiffany knows anything about Yuri. Maybe she knows why he’s so reserved and quiet.

 

“Actually, Yuri invited us to the same party. From what I heard Tiffany is Yuri’s second cousin.”

 

“Yeah. Tiff told me the same thing. Well, I just wanted to make sure you were up to it. I definitely wouldn’t want to go alone.”

 

Kris left my room and when he did thoughts of Yuri surged through my mind. Is he really someone I could trust? I know I shouldn’t be thinking too far ahead but I just can’t help it. Just like what Kris said, I need to be careful. I don’t want to end up hurting myself again. Then there’s Taecyeon too, people will probably say that I’m using both of them. I’m such a burden to everyone who tries to be friends with me… Eventually, they’re gonna get dragged down with me… Why did it have to happen? Why me?

 

--

Author’s POV

 

Yuri reached his apartment within minutes of walking. As soon as he stepped into his humble abode, he immediately began to prepare all the things he needed to accomplish his school works. He slipped into more comfortable clothes and plopped himself on his couch. There was a bit of work needed for tomorrow. Yuri wanted everything done so that he could start doing his other assignment which was totally not school related.

Yuri began typing, reading and studying away the night. When the clock struck midnight, he was able to finish everything. The only thing left to do was his other assignment. He stood up from his couch and began rummaging through his cabinet which he filled with all of his old stuff. It was a good thing that Yuri was an organized type of person. He found what he was looking for in a matter of seconds.

Yuri took a box with him and sat back down on his couch. He placed it on his coffee table and opened it. It was his origami kit box. During last year’s culture festival Whimoon gave all of its students’ one of these. Yuri thought of making a origami bouquet for none other than Jessica. He figured that if he started now, he could be done in an hour or so.

As he was folding and cutting up papers. He began to think of the reality of his situation. Until now he still can’t bring himself to believe that he’s actually feeling something towards another person. He’s never been so filled with emotions before and so everything he does with these new found feelings, keeps on surprising him. Like now, he can’t even fathom doing all this if he hadn’t met Jessica. The attraction he feels towards this girl was something foreign to him but that doesn’t mean he hates it. In fact he is very welcoming to indulging himself to these feelings. He was no longer the tranquil boy that he has always been. Yuri doesn’t have the slightest idea of what he really wanted but for now the idea of being more than a friend to Jessica was inviting.

 

*Buzzzz Buzzzz*

 

Yuri’s phone vibrated, signaling that he has received a message.

 

From: Uncoordinated Jung

 

Hey there! I’m hoping you’re still awake. Can we talk tomorrow? Before homeroom starts! I’ll go to school extra early~

..

..

..

 

Hmm.

 

To: Uncoordinated Jung

 

Okay. I’ll be at school at 7:00 am.

 

..

..

..

 

From: Uncoordinated Jung

 

Oh hey you replied~ ^o^ Alright then. Good night :)

 

..

..

Yuri put down his phone and started to ponder just what Jessica wanted to talk to him about. It sounds serious enough for her to ask him to meet up early tomorrow. Whatever it was, Yuri figured that meeting up with Jessica earlier would give him an opportunity to give the bouquet to her without anyone making a fuss about it so he went back to working on his little masterpiece.

 

He finished the little bouquet earlier than expected. Yuri cleaned the mess he made in the process of making it and as he did, he figured it would be better if he put the flowers in a vase. It would be easier to carry too so again he rummaged through his cabinet and found the vase he made from that art class he took last year. He never really thought that he’d be able to find a use for it until now.

 

Yuri then carefully arranged the flowers into place. He looked at his work and he felt somewhat a feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction. It felt strangely rewarding to look at what he made. Another new feeling, he thought. (CLICK ME)

 

With everything done on his mental to-do list, he went to his room to catch some sleep. He only had a few more hours to rest but before drifting off to sleep he adjusted his alarm to ring a little bit earlier than his usual set up. After doing so, he finally rested his head and in a matter of minutes he entered his vast world of dreams.

 

--

NEXT DAY

 

Yuri woke up before his alarm could even ring. The reason behind this could be because the boy was excited to see a particular someone that morning. He stood up from his bed and headed towards his bathroom to take a shower. He felt different this morning, something inside was glowing. Even though his expression said otherwise, he knew that there was something going on inside him.

He got out of the shower and after drying himself up, he changed into his uniform. There was still time for him to eat breakfast so he prepared a bowl of cereal. Eating didn’t take that long and soon after Yuri found himself sitting on his couch. He then put the vase in a small green paper bag.

Time was passing by slowly for Yuri. He couldn’t wait any longer so he took the paper bag and his backpack with him and marched right out of his apartment. A surge of thoughts came gushing into Yuri’s mind. He wondered if Jessica would like his little present. She did say that she liked the flower he gave her but that doesn’t really assure him that Jessica would like what he has now.

Yuri heaved a sigh. Why was he worrying over something so trivial? If Jessica doesn’t like it then he could just take it back home with him later on. Of course he didn’t want that to happen but he was open to that possibility. He was able to reach Whimoon at exactly 6:40am. He was a wee bit early for his little meeting with Jessica. Yuri went straight to his classroom and placed the paper bag on Jessica’s desk before sitting down on his own.

As he settled himself, he felt a wave of anxiousness hit his body. His mind wandered off but all of his thoughts led to Jessica. What did she want to talk about? Would she like my present? Should I just leave it there on her desk and not say anything about it? Thoughts of this sort, were running around Yuri’s mind. On the surface, Yuri was calm but on the inside he was feeling the complete opposite.

 

Several minutes pass and finally, he heard the door open and with it, a petite figure entered.

 

--

Yuri’s POV

 

Jessica smiled at me as soon as she entered. She walked down the aisle and immediately her attention went to the small paper bag that was on her desk.

 

“What’s this?” she asked as she put her bag down on her desk.

 

“It’s… something I made. Open it later. What did you want to talk about?”

 

Jessica’s smile soon faded. Seeing that made me sure than ever that it was indeed something serious.

 

“I’m sure you’ve heard what people have been saying about me…well, us, right?”

 

“Yes. So?’ I asked.

 

She sighed and hung her head low while she talked.

 

“You’re such a nice person and you don’t deserve to be caught up in ridiculous rumors. I’d totally understand if you want to distance yourself from me…”

 

After hearing what she has to say, I stood up from my seat and placed myself in front of her. I didn’t like it when people talk with their head hanging low. It makes me feel uncomfortable. I brought my hand near her face and tilted her chin up. I retracted my hand as soon as her eyes landed on mine. I could see that she was surprised by my gesture but that didn’t concern me at all.

 

“Why would I want to do that? You already know that I don’t care about what others say so why are you even saying this now?”

 

There was a moment of silence before she spoke.

 

“I just… thought that I should tell you that you have a choice and that you don’t have to do anything for me. People who get close to me get dragged down, okay? You don’t deserve it at all so please---“ I immediately cut her off

 

“Unfortunately, there’s nothing you or anyone else can do. I, Kwon Yuri, want to get close to you. If that means, in your words, getting dragged down then I’ll gladly be pulled down as far as hell, if there is one. I told you before right? I happen to like you and take interest in you so trying to tell me to stay away for such a petty reason won’t really work.”

 

I could see that she was stunned by my answer. Actually that makes two of us. I didn’t really plan on saying all that. It just came out from my mouth like that.

 

“…Why? Why do you like me? You don’t even know me that well. And aren’t you scared? What if I’m just using you? Like what the others are saying…” Her voice was trembling a bit, she bit her lip to prevent herself from crying, I think.

 

I’ve considered the fact that she might be just using me but everything I feel about her is telling me that she’s not so I’ve decided not to even think about that possibility which is a first for me. Normally, I would think of the worst in people but not her. She’s different.

 

“That’s why I want to get close to you so that I can justify my reason for liking you. I don’t have one as of the moment, I just feel that way. And no I’m not scared. Why would I be? I know that, that’s not true.”

 

“You wouldn’t know that…” she quietly said.

 

I heaved a sigh. Reasoning with her is harder than I thought. She’s pretty stubborn too.

 

“The fact that you almost told me to stay away from you contradicts that very statement. Why would you tell me that if you indeed had the intentions to use me?”

 

She remained silent.

 

“This is the first time, I’ve taken interest in anyone so I’m hoping you won’t ruin this experience for me by avoiding me or what not. Stop thinking that you’re some kind of disease because you’re not and even if you were, I’d be more than willing to get infected. Don’t ask me why I’m doing all this because I absolutely have no idea.”

 

Tears were already forming around her eyes. The least I wanted to do was make her cry so I took out my handkerchief gave it to her.

 

“It’s a good thing I made this. I didn’t really expect to make you cry.” I said as I handed her the green paper bag.

 

She laughed for bit. Jessica looked cute laughing with that tear stained face of hers.  She opened it and took the vase of origami flowers that I made.

 

“Oh my God. This is so… pretty!” She exclaimed. The tears in her eyes were still there but she looked genuinely happy.

 

“Glad it stopped you from crying. I hope this is the last time we’ll be having that conversation.”

 

She stopped looking at the flowers and turned her attention to me. Jessica only smiled back at me. She took the paper bag and put the vase back there.

 

“Can you teach me? I want to learn how to make these! We have lots of time.”

 

“It’s a bit complicated to do that one. How about we start with the first one I made for you?”

 

She nodded and I began my impromptu origami lesson with her.

 

--

Author's Notes!

HELLO!! I just got back from a trip with my friends! It was awesome and I had a good time! A friend of mine celebrated his birthday so yeah. I'm still a little hungover from everything hahaha

Also, I haven't proof-read this chapter because I couldn't wait to update you guys so I would like to apologize for any grammatical error!

Over 1300+ views! YAY!!!

70+ subscribers!!! YAY!!!

19 upvotes! YAY!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!

Peace! -ymllama