Rainfall

Back At Your Door

Author’s POV

 

“Your time” Yuri said as he looked over to the puzzled girl beside him.

 

All Yuri needed was time with Jessica. He wanted to make her feel like she can trust him. Even right at that moment, Yuri knew that Jessica didn’t trust him. The same goes for Taecyeon but in Yuri’s opinion, the former hasn’t realized how much of an important factor it is to gain Jessica’s trust.

 

“What do you mean?” Jessica asked.

 

“I want you to spend some of your time with me.”

 

It was the rawness of Yuri’s request that made Jessica feel all gushy inside again. Who was she kidding? She’s talking to a guy who has it all. Of course, he wouldn’t want something that money could buy.

 

“Are you sure you want that? You might regret that later.” Jessica joked

 

“I won’t, I promise. So? How about it?”

 

Yuri waited for Jessica’s answer but when she was about to open , the woman they were talking to earlier popped out of nowhere, disrupting their little conversation. Both of them stood up as she approached them.

 

“I must apologize if I took quite a bit. Mrs. Im just called and I told her about your friend, Mr. Kwon.” The woman said with much enthusiasm

 

“And?” Yuri pressed on

 

“She has instructed me to make your lovely friend here, our muse for her newest and unreleased works.” The woman clapped her hands in excitement.

 

Jessica’s jaw dropped yet again. She was a fan of Im Sang Ah’s works and the fact that she gets to wear her newest designs first hand sounded like a sweet dream to her.

 

“Go with her. I’ll wait here.” Yuri placed his hand at Jessica’s back and gave her a gentle push.

 

“Please do take your time. Don’t mind me at all.” Yuri reassured them.

 

The woman then led Jessica to the back room to let her try on some of the evening gowns that were yet to be released. As for Yuri he waited at the shop’s proper. He took out his phone and dialed in a number.

 

*ring ring*

*ring ring*

 

“Oh hey, kiddo. I was just about to call you.” A woman said in a cheery voice

 

“Thank you.” Yuri simply said

 

“Anything for my favorite nephew. My staff told me that she’s attending the party tomorrow. Who’s the lucky girl?”

 

“Just a girl I happen to take interest in. You’ll see her tomorrow.”

 

“Did I hear that right? Well well, my nephew’s finally growing up, huh? I was hoping you’d say that. You know, I got really let down when you told me that Taeyeon was just your friend.”

 

“I assure you this time that it’s different.” Unknowingly, a smile crept up to Yuri’s face.

 

“Alright then kiddo. I have to go now. I’ll see you soon.”

 

The woman on the other line hanged up and so Yuri kept his phone back in his pocket.

 

An average woman spends at least 100 hours and 48 minutes shopping in a year. That would mean that a woman spends as much time in buying food as she would in buying clothes. Yuri waited for God knows how long however he didn’t mind it at all. Most guys would’ve left the shop to go do something while waiting but as for Yuri he sat on the same spot for hours, refusing to move even an inch. The only sound he heard all throughout was his own breathing.

 

..

..

..

 

“Mr. Kwon!” the woman from earlier went out of the back and in to the main store with Yuri

 

“Is everything okay?” Yuri stood up and turned to face her

 

“Of course! It took quite a bit of time but we found the perfect gown for her. Would you like to see her?”

 

Yuri pondered for a while but decided not to. He figured that it would be more fun to make some sort of a surprise of his own.

 

“I’ll have to pass. Surprises are always fun, as they say.”

 

“Trust me, Mr. Kwon. You’ll have the surprise of your life tomorrow night.” The woman laughed cheekily before going in again to help Jessica change back into her clothes.

 

Yuri was then again left alone. After a few minutes, Jessica and the staff that has been helping her, went out. They approached where Yuri was. Jessica went to Yuri’s side while the woman stood in front of them.

 

“Thank you again for helping her.” Yuri bowed his head. Jessica followed suit.

 

“Anytime, Mr. Kwon! I look forward to seeing you two tomorrow night!”

 

With that said, the pair left the store and went back to the car. Just like earlier, Yuri opened the door for Jessica. Once they were settled, Yuri looked over to Jessica. She had the slightly oversized paper bag on her lap.

 

“So… about you repaying me with your time. I never got your answer.” Yuri spoke in a gentle manner.

 

“Why would you want that though? You know, you can ask me for anything. Although, I don’t think nothing’s really up to match with this.” Jessica said, pertaining to the paper bag she had on her lap which had the gown she was to wear for tomorrow’s event.

 

Yuri heaved a deep breath before speaking.

 

“Because… I happen to like it when you spend your time with me just like now. It’s very fulfilling on my part.”

 

Yet again, Jessica was stunned with Yuri’s words. She’s never felt more special in her life and the more intriguing part is, Yuri was just using words. There’s no telling what Yuri is really capable of making her feel unless of course she finally lets him in her life.

 

“Silence means yes. Well to me, that is.” Yuri said as he started the engine and drove off.

 

..

..

..

..

 

“I like spending time with you too…” Jessica said almost in a whisper.

 

It was audible enough or Yuri to hear. He smiled but kept his eyes on the road.

 

“I know.”

 

--

Jessica’s POV

 

Yuri drove us to this particular restaurant. It was small however it gave that cozy feeling the minute you step in. A man in his late 20s greeted us and ushered us to a free table. We sat near the windows at the left side.

 

“This is one of my favorite places..” Yuri said as we were waiting for the waiter to come and get our order.

 

“I thought you didn’t go out much? Or did you lie to me?” I said in a teasing manner

 

“No, it’s true. I don’t go out much. This is one of the few places I happened to stumble upon while walking back home.”

 

“Huh? But isn’t this a bit far from our neighborhood?”

 

“During the couple of times I went out, I walked to wherever my feet took me. I ended up taking a detour and found myself taking the long way home. That’s how I found this restaurant.”

 

“You sure do have a lot of odd habits.” I let out a small laugh

 

I’m learning more and more about him. For some reason I don’t feel that sense of anxiousness within me. That fear of getting close to anyone seems to go away whenever I talk to Yuri but ultimately it finds me again when he’s not around.

 

“I’m a person of oddity. I’m sure you’ve realized that by now.” He gives me a smile.

 

This person I’ve been with for the past couple of hours is so far from the Yuri I see in school. I prefer him this way however a part of me doesn’t want other people to see him like this. This side of Yuri can be my own little secret.

 

“A misfit… just like me.” I uttered under my breath but Yuri caught it.

 

“You’re not a misfit. You’re far from that.” He says in confidence. I got drawn in by his eyes. There’s just something about them that makes me feel all wobbly and that’s not all. Add in his velvety voice and glorious visage, you have yourself a one way ticket to dreamy island.

 

 

“…You’re just bounded by your unfortunate past, that’s why people regard you like how they do. If only they took the chance of seeing the real you. I’m sure it would’ve been next to impossible to have you right here in this very restaurant with me.” He continued.

 

 

There he goes again with his words. His way of speaking just gets me all the time, he's able to take me into this trance with just the use of his voice. 
Before I could even respond, the waiter intervened and asked for our orders. Yuri took the liberty of ordering for both of us. When the waiter left, Yuri deviated from the conversation earlier and started being the inquisitive person that he is.

 

“Do you have any siblings?”

 

“Yeah. I have a younger sister. She’s still in California but she’s set to move here sometime next year.”

 

“Are you guys close?”

 

“Definitely. It’s a good thing Kris moved here too. I wouldn’t know what to do if I ended up living alone.”  

 

Yuri raised his eyebrows a bit before speaking.

 

“Your parents are not in here with you?”

 

Parents…

 

“They’re here. I’m just currently not living with them….” I forced a smile.

 

Come to think about it, I haven’t seen my parents for a while now. Although, my mom calls me all the time, it’s not really enough for me not to miss her.

 

“I see. Well, that’s one thing we have in common.”

 

The food came and once they were done serving it on our table, they left us alone to enjoy our meal. I picked up my chopsticks and looked over to Yuri who was blankly staring at me.

 

“Are you okay?” I asked. He had that same expression from when we ate at the canteen with the others.

 

Yuri grabbed the glass of ice cold water and drank from it.

 

“I’m okay. Don’t mind me. Eat.” He firmly said.

 

Following his “orders”, I went ahead and started eating. Everything was absolutely delicious. Yuri ordered stir-fried noodles, mixed rice and of course soup.

 

I looked up to Yuri yet again and still he had his eyes on me, his food untouched. I put down my chopsticks and gave him a confused look.

 

“Please don’t tell me that you’re not going to eat. I can’t finish all these by myself.” I sounded desperate. I’m not much of an eater. Although, I’m not a fan of wasting food either.

 

Yuri said nothing but instead looked at me with that blank expression of his. I heaved a sigh and without really thinking, I grabbed his hand. The sudden contact made me shudder a bit but that didn’t really stop me. I reached for his chopsticks with my other hand and placed it on his right hand.

 

“Eat. Now.” I tried to imitate his expression earlier

 

I retracted my hand and waited for him to take a bite. He mixed the noodles before attempting taste it. He slowly inched his chopsticks to his mouth. Yuri chewed real slow and swallowed harshly. It’s as if eating was torturing him but then he raised his eyebrows.

 

“That’s weird…” he muttered.

 

“What is? The food? Mine tastes fine, actually.” I responded.

 

“No… it’s just that I can actually taste something. Usually, whenever I eat I’d have this bitter taste in my mouth.” Yuri’s expression was a bit dark.

 

I simply shook my head and made him eat more.

 

“Eat. More. Now.” I said again in a commanding tone.

 

Yuri and I continued eating. Whenever Yuri took a bite, he would have this expression like he was trying to remember something. I found this a bit odd but then I remembered that he’s not used to eating with other people so I shrugged it off. Compared to that time when were at the canteen, he looks much better now.

 

After paying for our meal, Yuri led me back outside and to his car. When I got in, I immediately put on my seatbelt. Yuri did the same before driving away.

 

The drive back home was silent but it wasn’t the awkward kind. It felt very comforting for some reason. We arrived at my apartment complex at exactly 9:00pm. Yuri got out first and opened the door for me.

I stood there in front of him, holding the paper bag with my two hands.

 

“Thank you so much for today. I really had fun.” I gave him a genuine smile.

 

“Thank you too. You made me remember how it is to enjoy a meal.”

 

I gave him a confused look while he gave me a small smile.

 

“You should go in now. It’s late. Kris might be worried about you.” I nodded and slightly bowed.

 

He insisted that I go in first and so I did. I bid him good night and goodbye before stepping inside our complex. Today was definitely one of those diary-worthy days.

When I got inside our apartment, the lights were off. I’m assuming Kris had already turned in. He has the habit of sleeping early. I took a quick shower and put on my pajamas. I placed the paper bag containing the gown on my desk. In doing so, I saw the origami flowers Yuri gave me. I seriously need to give something back to him but the problem is I don't know what he could possibly like. I'll have to figure out something soon.  Yuri's words looped themselves in my head. The thing he said earlier caught my attention the most....

 

“You made me remember how it is to enjoy a meal…”

 

I wonder what he meant by that? Is it because he misses his parents or something? He did tell me that he doesn’t live with them… Well then, I guess we’re the same.

 

Kwon Yuri….

What a guy…

 

As I was drying my hair, a sudden burst of cold air from my slightly open window sent shivers down my spine. I went over to close it. When I got to it, the rain suddenly poured pretty heavily. Talk about timing, huh? It’s good thing Yuri and I are already home now.

I went back to my bed and took my rest. Surely, I drifted off to sleep with a smile plastered on my face.

--

Yuri’s POV

I drove back to my apartment and parked the car at the empty lot across from my complex. I entered my apartment and heaved a sigh. I went straight to my bedroom and lied down.

 

What was that all about? For the first time in years, I was actually able to taste something…

 

Everything’s a bit hazy but I suddenly remembered enjoying eating with my family...
That feeling… I felt it a while ago with Jessica. Yet another reason for me to pursue her, I guess. I need to know what makes her so special among the rest. Why can she trigger these things inside of me?

 

Jessica Jung…

Who exactly are you?

 

The sound of rain awakened me from my little trance. Hearing it made me smile a bit. I like it when it rains, there’s just something about it. I think I made a little bit of progress today. Let's just hope that doesn't get knocked down by Taecyeon tomorrow night at the party. 

Well, whatever happens, happens. I just need to bounce back if ever...

I got up to take a shower. Afterwards, I plopped myself to bed and surrendered myself to sleep.

 

--

Author’s POV

Sometime on the same night, a fairly young woman stood in front of the Kwon’s estate where Yuri used to live. The rain was pouring pretty hard. This woman had a red umbrella with her.

She just stood there, intently looking at the massive structure in front her. Memories flooded her mind and the intensity of it made her tighten her grip on the umbrella.

Unknowingly, tears started to stream down her cheeks. She stayed there for a few more moments but in the end she walked away. That was all she could do…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

for now.

---

Are you guys ready for some drama?? *dun dun dun dun* (Cue in Beethoven's 5th symphony)

This is a rather short update but I hope you guys like it. I'll try to update every chance that I get! Thank you again to those who have subscribed and to those who are commenting! I love reading your feedbacks haha 

It's been awhile since I gave you guys a song so here it is! Nell - Perfect This is one of my favorite songs! Hope you guys like it! Thank you again for all the support! 

Peace! -ymllama