Unexpected Confession

Back At Your Door

Chapter 5

 

When I got home, there was not much to do except think about Jessica. The thing I told her wasn’t really a secret, it just somewhat felt “okay” to say to her. I’ve never really shared anything with anyone before so I don’t know how it should feel like. This makes me wonder why I haven't been like this? Been like this with other people, not just Jessica. Yet again, she's proving to be more than just an ordinary girl. I’m interested in her enough to let her in on something I’ve never told anybody before except my shrink but he doesn’t really count.

I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds, trying to remember that scene when I saw that person die. I couldn’t draw any image at all. I couldn’t do it for long because my head started to feel like it was being stung by a million needles. It’s weird how I can’t remember it while I’m conscious however when I get that dream of me in the hospital, it comes out so clearly. Over the years, I’ve concluded that it must’ve been just a dream and that it does not have any ties to reality. Still, the effect it has on me is the same. It made me not like seeing sunsets.

I sighed and stood up from my bed. I crashed here the minute I got home. I opened up my medicine cabinet and took out this particular plastic bottle. I was told to take these whenever my head acts up. I twisted the cap off and pour the contents on my free hand. There was only one pill left, I popped it into my mouth and swallowed it.

As of now, I have two things I want to figure out. One, who Jessica knows on that side of my family and the second being, how her effect on me really works. I’m pertaining to how she triggers this pounding sensation in my chest which is obviously produced by the oddly fast beating of my heart. I do have an idea why it happens but it’s a long shot. I’m not really certain about anything as of the moment.

I need more time with her to confirm my little theory and to find out all these other things.

Realizing I still had my uniform on, I proceeded to take a shower and change into comfortable clothes. As I was drying my hair I saw my phone on my nightstand. I figured I should give Jessica a call. I did leave her out on the street, I owe her an apology at the very least.

*Ring ring*

 

“Yuri?” she picked up.

 

“I just wanted to say sorry for making you feel uncomfortable and for leaving like that.”

 

“No it’s fine. I’m sorry too. I should’ve—“

 

“No. It’s not your fault. That’s all. Good night.”

 

“G-Good night then.”

 

I hanged up. I’m not sure if that made her feel any better but at least I tried. I couldn’t do any better even if I wanted to. Today has been a very interesting day. Tomorrow should be the same as well. I think I’d like to play whatever game life is throwing down my way.  

----------------------
Author's/Normal POV

The very next day, Yuri went to school like nothing happened. He went straight to his classroom and waited for everyone else to arrive like how he normally does. Jessica, on the other hand, felt anything but ordinary. It was as if she was back in her kindergarten days. She felt like a kid on her very first day of schooling, all kinds of feelings were surging through her whilst walking to school.

 

“Jess, you okay?” Kris asked

 

“Y-yeah. I’m f-fine.” Jessica tried to smile but it quickly turned into a frown when she realized they were already near school.

 

Her feet were on the verge of turning around but she knew that she had to face him even though she doesn’t exactly have the guts to do so. Soon enough, they reached the door of their designated classroom.

 

“You, go ahead. I’ll just catch up.” Jessica managed to say without stuttering.

 

“Oh wait. I almost forgot… “ Kris sighed

 

“…I need to go to the admin. office. They need to re-scan my passport. Some intern accidentally lost some of the new students’ files.” Kris continued.

 

“Oh okay. I’ll see you later then.” With that said, Kris walked all the way back to do what he had to do.

 

Jessica used this time alone to calm herself and make sure her thoughts were clear in hopes that she wouldn’t do anything more stupid than what she has already done.

 

*inhale*
*exhale*

 

“Okay. You can do this, Jess. Just don’t look at the back and try your best not to embarass yourself in front of him and everyone else.” This anxious girl was lost in her thoughts

Jessica was taking deep breaths

 

1….

2…….. but before she could get to her third heave of breath

 

“In case you forgot, you’re supposed to grab that handle there and push it to the right for it to open.”

 

Jessica woke from her little trance and she slowly turned her head to the voice’s direction.

 

-------------------------------------------------------
Yuri's POV

While waiting for everyone else to arrive, there was this picture in my head that I suddenly remembered. Every single detail was not forgotten, I managed to reflect what my mind was picturing. That precise moment when everything just stood still. I’ve never really drawn with so much detail. It’s also my first time to draw a living and breathing soul which kind of made me question how I was able to recreate that moment with such accurate details considering it was my first time.

 

When I was satisfied with it, I let out my usual small smile and looked at my drawing again.

 

The effect she has on me is really something. I kept my drawing notebook and arranged my things.

 

I figured I should go out and wash my face to wake my senses up since I was not able to get much sleep last night. A certain person, who with all my efforts, I could not keep out of my mind kept me up. I can’t blame her though, it’s all on me and my ever so strong curiosity about her. At least she’s giving me other things to think about.

As I was walking back to my classroom, I saw my homeroom teacher and the school’s prefect in deep conversation. They’re voices were low but it was enough for me to hear so I quickly took a left turn that led to another hallway so they wouldn’t see me.

 

“There’s really no concrete way for us to protect her but she should feel that we are there for her and that she can confide to us.” said our prefect.

 

I just stood there with my back against the wall, trying to focus in on their exchange of words.

 

“If you don’t mind me asking, sir. Why did she transfer here? Her parents could’ve chosen another school that’s not connected with us.”

 

“That I don’t know. We didn’t want to question Mr. and Mrs. Jung any further. They were adamant about having their child admitted in our school. Anyways, don’t come on too strong, we don’t want her to feel pitiful. Let her come to you naturally.”

 

They talked for a bit more but it was about something that didn’t interest me. Hearing their conversation took my curiosity into a whole new other level. I just stood there for a moment to figure out my next course of action.

 

Just what was that girl involved in back in her former school?

 

When the coast was clear I entered the classroom. There was no one there except my homeroom teacher.

 

“Good Morning, Mr. Kwon. You’re here pretty early.” She greeted me and I bowed my head slightly in response.

 

“I’m sorry for eavesdropping on you and Mr. Lee.”  I said before tilting my head back up.

 

“You heard that, huh? It’s okay. You were on your way to our classroom, it was inevitable.” She gave me a smile and proceeded writing today’s lesson on the board.

 

I walked back to my seat but before I could reach it, she spoke again.

 

“Maybe… You can help, Yuri.” She called me by my first name, it was a little bit odd because only a couple of teachers do that here in our school. It is considered informal, in our school at least. It’s always best to say their full name or just their last name.

 

“…. I’m not asking you as a teacher. I’m asking you as… a friend maybe? Actually, how about as an individual who knows that you are of good character.” She continued.

 

I looked back at her but she was still writing on the board.

 

“Good character? I wouldn’t be so sure of that, Ms. Hwang. I do find Ms. Jessica Jung interesting however the things I do are not to help her but to help me satisfy my curiosity about her.”

 

Ms. Hwang now turned to face me. She put down the marker and looked at me.

 

“You don’t have to do anything special. All I want is for someone to be there for her. She’ll connect better with her peers rather than to someone older than her. I’m sure you know how Jessica is feeling. After all, you were once in her position. Different circumstances but same reaction from everyone around you.” She bit her lip and then she covered with her hand as if stopping herself from saying anything further.

 

I snickered and looked at her directly in her eyes.

 

“You seem to know a lot about me, Ms. Hwang. I can only hope that Dr. Kim, your boyfriend, hasn’t forgotten that he is bounded by an agreement of confidentiality. Of course I don’t mind him telling anyone about our sessions but not all people think like me. It will come off as strikingly unprofessional of him to do so.”

 

She was surely surprised. Ms. Hwang probably didn’t expect me to know her relationship with my shrink. I recognized her from a photo I once saw in Dr. Kim’s office. I never asked for her name because at the time, I didn’t really care. And then I saw her during the opening day of classes. I was already expecting this though, I’m sure Dr. Kim didn’t spill out details intentionally. He must’ve slipped up or something.

 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before opening them again, I didn’t want to say anything further about the subject. I have to remember that she is still a teacher and that we are in school.

“Well, anyways. I’m sorry but I’m not entirely sure if I can help, Ms. Jung. Sure, I’ve been in her position before but I have nothing to offer her.”

“You can give her someone who knows what she’s going through. Someone who knows the same pain that she's been going through.” That was the last thing Ms. Hwang said before the door slid and opened.

 

Right on time…. Oh? Another new student?

It was Jessica and some guy I haven’t seen before. I’m pretty sure they heard nothing of our conversation. This whole room and all other classrooms are sound proof from the inside out and vice versa. It helps students to concentrate when practices are held for festivals and such outside.

 

“Good Morning Ma’am.” Jessica said with a smile.

“Good Morning too… and who might your friend be?” Ms. Hwang looks at the tall guy beside her.

 

“Oh yeah. I’m Ok Taecyeon! It’s technically my first day today. I had some issues with my visa when I came to Korea. The principal has put me into your class, Ms. Hwang.” He flashes a smile.

 

Ms. Hwang welcomed him and talked to him for a while. I looked at Jessica and oddly enough she was already looking at me. It took her a few seconds to end our little staring contest. She hung her head low and proceeded to her seat.

 

Kris arrived not long after Jessica and the new guy. And of course, he sat himself beside Jessica’s seat.

I stared outside through the window. She must be still bothered by what I said yesterday.

 

 

“Yuri!” someone gave me a nudge.

 

“Oh hey. You’re here already.” I turned my head to see Taeyeon, she was sitting beside me.

 

“Who’s that tall guy talking to Ms. Hwang?”

 

“Some new guy. He got drafted into our class.” I replied

 

More and more students came in and once everyone was settled Ms. Hwang introduced the new guy to everyone.

 

“It seems like we have another person to be added to our little classroom family. Everyone, this is Ok Taecyeon.”

 

Taecyeon bows and says a few words which didn’t interest me at all however, Ms. Hwang’s did.

 

“I need someone to tour Mr. Ok around the school grounds. I’ll be assigning…” She looked around the classroom till our eyes met. Ms. Hwang smiled and looked directly at me.

 

“How about you, Ms. Jung? Do you mind taking care of Mr. Ok here?” She looked away from me when she said Jessica’s name.

 

Jessica smiled and said yes. As soon I heard that, I smiled too because in that moment, I devised a tiny little plan in my head.

--------------------------------------------------
Author's/Normal POV                                       

Yuri’s classes dragged on and finally it was time for their lunch break. As Yuri was packing up his things, Taeyeon went ahead to the canteen like how she always does, leaving Yuri behind because she knew the boy wasn’t a fan of eating at the canteen at all.

After fixing his things, Yuri picked up his bag and was about to head out when Jessica suddenly called out him. The boy was smiling mischievously from the inside because he was expecting Jessica to come after him but he didn't want to just give in. He wants to see how far the girl would go.

 

“Yuri!”

The boy turned around and looked at Jessica directly in her eyes. There it was again, the sensation that the boy has been having whenever he’s just a couple of steps away from Jessica.

 

“What?” Yuri said nonchalantly

 

“Can we talk? Over lunch, maybe?” Jessica’s voice got smaller as she finished her sentence.

 

Yuri looked at the tall person standing behind Jessica and then looked back at her.

 

“You have to tour him around, remember?”

Jessica looked back and saw the new guy smiling at her.

 

“How about----“ Yuri was already gone and now more than ever Jessica felt guilty.

 

Everyone else left the room and so Jessica was now left with the new guy who was smiling widely at her.

 

“Thank you for agreeing to tour me around!”

 

“It’s nothing, really. Anyways, we should get going if we want to finish before lunch break ends.” Jessica smiled. She and Taecyeon left the room together.

-------------------------------------------------------

Jessica figured she could just point out the basic areas and leave the new guy at the canteen. She really wanted to talk to Yuri about yesterday’s events but then she saw Kris which made her think of a better idea.

 

“Kris!!” Jessica waved her hand as if asking him to come closer.

 

“Oh hey. Done touring him?” Kris asked as he was approaching them.

 

“Not really. I need a huge favor from you!”

 

Jessica then began to tell Kris her request. She wanted him to tour Taecyeon instead of her.

 

“I’m really sorry for passing you to another person but there’s this thing I have to deal with. I hope you understand!” Jessica bowed and quickly went to the first place she thought Yuri would be at. The library.

 

Kris and Taecyeon were left standing there in awe of how fast Jessica ran away.

 

“I’ve never seen her run like that before.” Kris said.

 

-----------------------------------------
Yuri's POV

I headed out of the classroom and went directly to the library. I wasn’t gonna stay there, not today. I was gonna put my expectations to the test.

I stepped inside the library and scanned the tables for a familiar face. It didn’t take me long. I saw this girl, although I could only see her back, I knew it was her. I’ve seen her way too many times during my random visits here in the library.

 

“Excuse me. You’re Seo Juhyun, right? From Class 2A?” I said as I walked beside the table she was using.

 

The second she saw my face she stood up and bowed to me.

 

“Y-yes, Sunbae-nim. Is there anything I can help you with?” she said as she straightened her body from that very formal bow.

 

“Actually there is. A girl will come here, probably right after I leave. She will be looking for me so tell her to go up the hill near the soccer field.”

 

She nodded and I said my thanks. I was almost on my way out when this girl called out to me.

 

“Sunbae-nim! What if she doesn’t come here?”

 

“She will, don’t worry.” I left immediately and headed out to where I need to be.

-------------------------------------------
Taeyeon’s POV

I’ve been hearing a lot of people in the cafeteria talk about Yuri and Jessica. All of them are surprised with how Yuri’s been acting towards the new girl. This is the first time, Yuri’s been so welcoming to anyone. He usually spends all his free time alone but just the yesterday I saw him enter the room with Jessica. There were also students saying that the two were at the library together.

I know Yuri well enough to say that he’s way too smart for mind games. He knows how to read people well and if what the people are saying is right then I’m sure Yuri was the first to know… First to know that Jessica might be just getting close to him to take advantage of his capabilities. Academic capabilities, that is. I don’t want to believe that though. I just don’t think Jessica’s that type of girl. Sure, I did consider that possibility when Yuri told me she asked for his number but I just can't judge her like that. I’ll be no better than these people spreading around that thing about her and jumping to all kinds of conclusions. There has to be a reasonable explanation for what had happened to her in her former school. Despite what people are saying, there has yet to be a word from Jessica herself of what exactly happened to her.

 

I sighed and shook my head. It’s lunch break, I should be worrying of what to eat.

 

I stepped inside the cafeteria and got my food. I looked over to my right and saw my friends from the other section calling me.

 

“Taeyeon! Over here!” A tall girl waved her hands at me like crazy.

 

I approached a table which was occupied by 4 other girls. I sat down with them and then naturally we talked about the latest issue surrounding the school.

 

“Ya, I heard Yuri’s with the new girl from your section?” Sooyoung, the tallest among them said.

 

“Yuri hasn’t said anything to me. Even if it was true, I doubt he’ll let me in on it.” I replied as I grabbed my chopsticks and started eating away.

 

“Yuri keeps to himself that much, huh? You guys have been friends ever since freshmen year right?” Sunny, the short haired girl asked.

 

My mouth was full of food and so I just nodded in response.

 

“Then why does he act like you guys aren’t?” Hyoyeon, the newly-blonde-dyed-haired girl

 

I munched and munched until I finally swallowed the food I just took in.

 

“We’re friends, okay? He just isnt the type to share things, you know? But nevertheless, he’s a good guy.” I took another bite out of my food.

 

“Your friendship is kinda weird, unnie” Yoona, the youngest and the only one from the lower-classmen said

 

I shrugged and continued eating. I met these girls during our middle school years. Yuri wasn’t enrolled in Whimoon back then. All 5 of them, including the one who isn’t here at the moment, have never really met Yuri. When we entered high school, all 4 of us, excluding the 2 who were a year below us, have never been in the same section. All of them, have heard about him though. Everyone in Whimoon knows Yuri but no one really knows him personally.

  • He’s from a rich family
  • He’s the smartest student in Whimoon
  • He’s the captain of the soccer team.
  • He’s a loner.

 

That’s pretty much everything I and everyone else in this school knows about Yuri. I don’t know anything about him aside from these things, not even his birthday. What a funny and weird friendship we have… can it be considered friendship in this state? Whatever our relationship is called I know for a fact that he’s a nice guy. He may not look like it but I know for sure that he has a kind heart.

After finishing my food, the girls and I decided to talk about the upcoming culture festival. While doing so, two girls from Yoona’s class sat down on the table next to us. They were talking pretty loud and so we couldn’t help but hear their conversation.

 

“From what I heard, she seduced a teacher to get answers on their final exam. She even video-taped everything herself so she can blackmail the poor guy.” One girl said.

 

“Wow. That’s pretty low. No wonder she’s sticking to the smartest guy in our school.” The other girl snickered.

 

“Desperate . I can’t believe Yuri sunbae-nim is hanging out with her. I heard they even walked home together yesterday.”

 

“What? Wait. The soccer team had their training yesterday, right? She waited for Yuri sunbae-nim?”

 

“Yeap. Desperate times calls for desperate measures, as they say.”

 

“Yuri sunbae-nim’s probably just toying with her. I’m sure he won’t fall for such---“

 

….

 

“YA!” I couldn’t help but shout. Everyone in the canteen looked in my direction.

 

The two girls stared at me and as soon as they realized I belonged to the upperclassmen, they stood up and bowed their heads.

 

“We’re sorry for talking so loud, sunbae-nim. We didn’t see you…” one of them said. Both of them still had their head down.

 

“That girl you just called a desperate is your senior/sunbae too, you know? Is that how you respect your seniors/sunbaes? By talking trash behind their backs?”

 

Of course both of them didn’t answer. I wouldn't too if I got shouted at by a senior.

 

“You, me and everyone else who don’t know what really happened, shouldn’t be talking about it like we know her. Do you understand?”

The two girls nodded and apologized one more time before walking away with their heads down. Everyone else was still looking at me, I couldn’t blame them. I did just make huge scene. So I turned to the girls and said goodbye.

 

“I’ll see you guys later, okay? I’ll go on ahead.” I said and left the canteen.

 

I just couldn’t stand it anymore. I don’t know Jessica that well but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t stand up for what’s right. I figured I should just go to my next class and spend the rest of my break there.

------------------------------------------

Normal POV

Yuri was resting underneath the oldest and biggest tree inside their campus grounds. It was located up on a hill near the soccer field. He intended to play around with Jessica. Yuri wanted to see how far she will take this ridiculous feat.

Would she really bother herself to go all the way here? Just to what? Apologize for something she has no fault in?

Low and behold, Yuri saw Jessica down the hill. He waited a few more minutes then finally Jessica reached him. She found him exactly where the girl at the library told her she would.

 

“Hey…” Jessica said while panting for a bit. Climbing up the hill looked easier than done.

 

“I’m guessing you want to talk about yesterday?” Yuri said not moving from his spot.

 

“I feel really guilty about it, okay? I’m really sorry.” She bowed.

 

Yuri was waiting for her to lift her head but the girl didn’t seem to move so he spoke.

 

“You can stop that now. There’s nothing to be sorry about. I told you that particular experience of mine out of my own accord.”

 

Jessica fell silent. She just stood there, not knowing what to do or say next.

 

“If you really feel guilty about it then, do something for me so we can call it even. Of course, you don’t have to actually do this at all. This is just a mere suggestion.”

 

It took the other a few seconds to answer but ultimately, Jessica agreed. She felt that it was the only way for her to feel at peace.

 

How much further can I push her? I wonder.

 

Yuri didn’t really think of what he was gonna ask Jessica to do but then he remembered all the questions he had on his mind. He thought that this would be the easiest way to get them all answered.

 

“All you have to do is tell me everything I want to know about you.”

 

Jessica was surprised about what the boy in front of her just said. She was expecting Yuri to say some sort of dare for her to do, like be his slave for a week or run around the campus in a chicken suit and all those other outrageous things but fortunately for her, Yuri wanted something simple however it was also something really sensitive.

 

“Okay. What do you want to know?” Jessica said with a determined face. She figured that if Yuri wanted to know that particular thing about her then she'll tell him. It was only fair, she thought

 

To the brown-haired girl’s surprise, Yuri laughed and smiled at her

 

“You’re willing to go this far? He said in a mocking tone. This left Jessica, baffled and confused.

 

“You… you haven’t told anyone what you told me, right? To be even, I have to tell you something I’ve never told anyone.”

 

“What makes you say that I haven’t told anyone else?”

 

Jessica smiled as she remembered their first encounter with each other.

 

“You admitted it yourself, you aren’t much of a talker.”

 

Yuri nodded in response. He then asked Jessica to sit beside him, it was starting to annoy him talking to her while she was standing.
When Jessica settled herself beside the now in deep thought boy, she figured she should just stay silent and wait for whatever he was gonna ask her.

 

I’ve never ever gone back on my word before but the thing is, I’m not so sure if I’m just doing this out of curiosity anymore, like what I said to Ms. Hwang earlier. A while ago, I just wanted to play around with Jessica but now it feels like I’m wanting something more than what I originally had in mind.

 

Silence surrounded both of them. Yuri was looking over at the soccer field while Jessica kept her gaze on the boy beside her. She realized that this was the closest she’s ever been with Yuri besides that time yesterday when they watched the sunset. This was one of those rare opportunities, she thought, considering Yuri is the way he is. Always alone and preferring it to be that way. Jessica took this time to really look at Yuri. This girl never really noticed how good-looking the boy beside her was until now. It made her heart flutter but the minute she realized where her thoughts were leading, Jessica shook her head and finally broke the silence.

 

“I thought you were gonna ask me questions? Go. I’ll answer everything.” It was no use. It was like the boy wasn’t listening to her. Yuri still held his gaze over the soccer field

 

……

….

 

 

“There’s…” Yuri finally spoke but he paused and sighed. He was wondering whether he should really be doing this. Something in him was saying that this wasn’t a good idea but he thought it would be pointless not to continue since it’s gotten to this point already.

 

“…..a couple of reasons why I’m so interested in you. One, you’re making me feel certain things I’ve never felt before. Two, you know someone from my family and I want to know who that person is. Three, you’re turning me into this person I didn’t know I could be and I’ve only known you for 3 days.”

 

Jessica was taken back. She felt mixed emotions. At one hand, she felt flattered because she didn’t know she had this kind impact on Yuri but on the other hand, she feels confused. Jessica wasn't sure if her impact on him was welcomed. For all she knows, he might be really just annoyed with her or what.

 

“I’ve never shared anything with anyone before because I was never comfortable with it but with you it feels okay. I want to know why.” Yuri continued.

 

“I…I don’t know…” Jessica replied in a soft voice.  

 

“Okay. Let’s start with something easy. So yesterday, why were you still at school after classes? Were you waiting for me?”

Yuri had forgotten to ask Jessica what she was still doing in school during that time, yesteday. He had an idea that the girl waited for him to finish his soccer training because sometime during the middle of it, he caught a glimpse of a girl behind the bleachers but he didn’t pay it no more than 2 seconds of looking because he couldn’t afford not to be focused during training.

 

“I… I was… Uhm.” Jessica was stammering all over the place. She was mentally hitting herself for being so careless yesterday. She knew she should’ve just opted not to watch Yuri yesterday during his training. Although, she was only there for a couple of minutes.

 

“I’ll take that as a yes then. Next. Where have you seen my family’s insignia? Who do you know from that side of my family?” The “interrogator” still had his gaze fixed at the soccer field.

Jessica had a feeling Yuri would ask about that. It wasn’t a secret but rather, she was just afraid Yuri might ask that person about her and find out about what had happened to her in her former school.

 

“I was talking about my best friend. Her name’s Hwang Tiffany. Do you know her? She has the same eyes as you and also the necklace but like I said before, hers was silver.”

 

I should’ve known. She was from Daewon, after all.

 

“Oh her. She’s the niece of my father. Next question then….”

Yuri now shifted his gaze and made sure he was looking directly in the eyes of the person beside him. His next question was the most important one.

 

 

“That time when you fell down and I had to bend my knees to level myself with you, that time when you asked for my number, yesterday when I looked at you after telling you that particular experience of mine and earlier today when you asked me if we could talk… In all of these instances….”

 

Yuri paused and contemplated if he should be really telling her this…

 

It’s not like I’ve got anything to lose anyway. So what the heck. Plus I'm curious of her thoughts about it too.

 

 

“…you made me feel this thing in my chest. You’re making my heart beat faster than usual. It’s even happening right now. It happens whenever I’m alone with you or close to you. Also, you make me smile a lot. Do you know why?”

 

Yuri definitely hit home run with this question. Jessica looked flustered and was totally at loss for words. He stared at her for a few more seconds, hoping she’d say something or stutter at least but she didn’t. Jessica just started at him with that staggered expression.

 

Little did he know, the girl beside him was now feeling the same thing he was describing to her.

 

Did I say something wrong?

 

Seeing that Jessica wasn’t gonna respond anytime sooner, Yuri spoke again.

 

“You don’t know either, huh? Someone once told me about these feelings before, he said it comes from really liking someone.  I guess this means I really like you? Does that make sense? Because I really have no idea.”

 

Jessica suddenly felt the heat rise up to her cheeks and ears. She was never expecting this kind of words to come out from Yuri. Also, she wasn’t sure if Yuri was being serious. All kinds of emotions were surging through her and all at the same time too.

 

“I… I… I don’t… I mean….” Jessica tried her best to make sense but her faltering speech failed her. She was too flustered about the things Yuri had just revealed to her.

 

On the other hand, Yuri smiled. She found the stuttering Jessica amusing. It was true that he wasn’t sure of what he was feeling for the girl beside him but then he suddenly remembered that time when Dr. Kim was talking about his girlfriend who happens to be his homeroom and Economics teacher this year. He didn’t ask about her, it was just that his doctor was really feeling ecstatic that day and he shared all these irrelevant, at that time, things to Yuri.

 

Even though, Yuri was generally uncomfortable talking about his feelings, it somewhat felt okay to do it with Jessica. Until now he doesn’t know what makes her different from the rest. For now, he was just satisfied of how things are going.

 

“I’ll end our little game here since you can’t even construct a proper sentence. Let’s go back to class.” Yuri said as he stood up and took a few steps away when suddenly….

 

“I like you too!” Jessica blurted out. The boy looked back at her.

 

“.. I mean. You’re pretty interesting too, you know. I want to get to know you better… is what I’m trying to say.” Jessica continued as she also stood up and caught up with Yuri.

 

“Then you can ask me questions next time, although I don’t think I can answer them all but one thing’s for sure, I won’t stutter like you did.” The boy snickered and proceeded walking ahead.

 

Jessica laughed, she was happy to see this side of Yuri. It was so far from his usual cold front. She had to admit to herself that when she was with Yuri, it made her forget her worries and anxiety. For the first time, a complete stranger didn’t judge her from the moment they heard her past, it felt very uplifting for Jessica. She knew Yuri was different from the others.

 

 

“Hey! Wait up!” she shouted as she tried to catch up with Yuri.

 

=================================

Author's notes/Fun facts

  • Daewon is a school! Daewon Foreign Language High School. It's another prestigous private HS in Korea. Although, it's not really connected with Whimoon in real life. Haha only in this story, it is!

 

  • I'm sorry if I took so long to update! I have been rewriting this chapter over and over again. I wasn't satisfied with how I originally wrote it so yeah haha I could only hope I made it better than it was before because as I'm typing this, I have this urge to rewrite it again but I dont want to keep you guys waiting!

 

  • Almost 500 views! That's amazing! Thank you everyone! 
  • Thank you to those who subscribed! 
  • Thank you for them comments! Keep them coming! It is highly appreciated. 
  • I have yet to proof read this chapter, i hope you guys can bear if there are any grammatical errors! Sorry! 
  • Everyone go check out this cover of  AKMU's 200%, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahjDvljdPjY I felt like I should share this to you guys! (I'm not affliated with anyone on the video, I just really wanted to share this because it's just so damn good) 
  • It's like 7 am right now (where I am) One of the reasons why this chapter may look sloppy haha
  • Oh and I hope you guys liked the cameo appearances of SNSD here haha and Taecyeon (loljk they'll be part of the story!)

Peace! -ymllama