Crooked

Back At Your Door

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I've changed Kevin's name to "Kris"
because the other readers might not have read one of my notes on the first chapter saying that Kevin = EXO's KRIS so I decided to just change it overall! It helps with the whole reading process if you're the type to imagine the whole scene in your head! 

ENJOY!

Chapter 8

 

Author’s POV

 

Yuri and Jessica were left alone insidetheir classroom. The latter had just set up a deal with Yuri about the party the boy invited her to. She would only go if Yuri would help her pick out an outfit for the event. Seeing that there was no other option, Yuri agreed to meet up with Jessica on Friday after their class.

 

“By the way! About our little question game…” Jessica trailed. She took something out of her bag and gave it to Yuri.

 

It was a small notebook. Yuri opened it on its first page and saw 5 questions.

 

  1. When’s your birthday?

  2. Do you have any siblings?

  3. Favorite color/number/song?

  4. Blood type?

  5. Have you ever had a Do you play other sports besides soccer?

 

"Those were the only questions, I could think of last night..." Jessica explained. Question number 5 caught Yuri’s attention. The first part was crossed out however he had an idea what the question should’ve been.

 

“December 5. Only child. I don’t have any. Type AB. No and Yes.” Yuri answered them all, including the one Jessica crossed out.

 

Hearing the last part of Yuri’s answer made Jessica confused and so she asked the boy what he meant by “no and yes”.

 

“No, I haven’t had a girlfriend before. Yes, I play other sports besides soccer.”

 

Jessica was caught off guard. She did intend to ask that but she thought it would be too weird or uncomfortable for Yuri to answer, let alone for her to even ask. In the end she could only smile and nod in response.

 

“Why would it be uncomfortable for me to answer? It’s not that serious.” Yuri said.

 

“It’s a weird question for a girl to ask a guy, okay? I don’t know why it is. It just is!” Jessica answered back.

 

Since they were on that subject already, Yuri wanted to ask the same thing to Jessica but before doing so, he tried to read her expression. Yuri wanted to see if the girl in front of him was showing any signs of not wanting to talk about it.

 

She wouldn’t mind if I asked the same thing, right? Hmm.

 

“And you? Have you ever been in a relationship before?”

 

It took a few moments for Jessica to answer. She didn’t exactly know how to describe her last relationship, she wasn’t even sure if it was ever a real.

 

“In some ways, yes but then in many other ways, no. It was a bit complicated.” Jessica smiled but it was an awkward one and Yuri noticed this immediately and as much as he wanted to press further, he realized that it would be better to drop the topic at hand.

 

“Are you hungry?” Yuri asked to change the subject.

 

“A little bit. You?” Jessica asked back.

 

There was a reason why Yuri never ate at the canteen. It wasn’t because of the food, like how he told Taeyeon before. It was simply because he wasn’t used to eating with other people. He has never experienced sitting down together for a meal with his family or at least he doesn’t remember that he ever did. Yuri was accustomed to being alone in all aspects of his life.

 

“Let’s go to the canteen then. Taeyeon should be there with Kris, and her other friends.” Every fiber in Yuri didn’t want to say what he just said. He started to walk out of the classroom, not even giving a chance for Jessica to answer. Regardless, both of them started walking to the canteen.

 

When they reached the double-doors leading to their destination, Yuri stopped in front of it making Jessica do the same.

 

“Is there something wrong?” Jessica took a glance at Yuri. There was something off about his expression, she thought

 

“The people inside will stare at us for sure. Just don’t mind them, okay?”

 

Jessica smiled and nodded.

 

Yuri opened the door but he didn’t go inside. He let Jessica go in first and when she did, he followed. Like how Yuri said, everyone stared at them. Eventually, a series of murmuring began as the two walked towards the food station. Jessica looked back at Yuri and asked what he wanted to eat. The latter shrugged. He wasn’t planning to eat at all but then he thought Jessica might think he was rude so he opted to get whatever she was gonna eat.

 

When the lunch-lady gave them their food, someone called out to them.

 

“Yuri! Jessica! Over here!” Taeyeon stood up and waved her hand, signaling for them to sit at the table they were at.

 

Kris, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Yoona, Sunny, Hyoyeon and Seohyun were there. When they got to the table, Yuri bowed and introduced himself to Taeyeon’s other friends. Jessica did the same thing. Everyone slightly bowed their heads while on their seats except for two people.

 

Yoona and Seohyun stood up and bowed formally since they were from the year below.

 

At that moment, Jessica remembered Seohyun’s face. She was the one who told her where to find Yuri yesterday.

 

“Oh. You’re that girl from the library!” Jessica smiled at her.

 

“Yes, it’s nice to formally meet both of you.” Seohyun replied

 

Yuri stayed silent. She gestured Jessica to sit first before him. They sat across from each other. Their arrangement where as follows, from left to right.

 

At one side: Sunny, Yoona, Seohyun and Jessica.
On the other side: Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Kris and Yuri

 

Everyone at the table began eating except for Yuri. He felt extremely uncomfortable with this set up. Yuri’s stomach started to feel weird and his body was tensing up. Jessica took notice of this and asked him if he was okay.

 

“Yes.” Yuri’s expression said otherwise.

 

Jessica had picked mixed rice and soup for her and Yuri. The latter tried to eat. He took a spoonful of the rice and shoved it in his mouth. Yuri chewed on it slowly and tried his best to swallow it, he couldn’t taste anything at all. There was nothing wrong with the food, he was just too focused on feeling uncomfortable to even notice the taste.

Taeyeon tried to lighten up the mood by talking about the upcoming culture festival. It got everyone to talk but of course Yuri remained silent. No one really asked Yuri questions because they were briefed by Taeyeon beforehand.

 

--

Earlier (before Yuri and Jessica came to the canteen)

 

Taeyeon brought Kris to their usual table and introduced him to everyone else. Once that was done, the short girl then started to tell them that Yuri and Jessica might eat with them today.

 

“When Yuri and Jessica comes, act normal okay? Oh and avoid asking Yuri any questions. He’s not much of a talker.”

 

Everyone nodded. Kris knew why Taeyeon told her friends to act normal if the two decided to sit with them. He wasn’t oblivious to the rumors going around Whimoon. As much as he wanted to protect his cousin, he can’t do anything. Jessica had Kris promise that no matter what he hears, he wouldn’t get involved in a fight with anyone. It happened once before in their former school, Kris almost got suspended for beating up one student, it was a good thing that another student testified that the fight only began when the other student provoked Kris.

 

While the others were getting their food, Taeyeon and Kris were left at the table. The latter then thanked Taeyeon for being so nice to them, especially towards Jessica.

 

“It’s fine. Oh by the way, Yuri’s a really nice guy! I’m telling you this because you know… you’re Jessica’s cousin so…” Taeyeon trailed.

Kris knew where Taeyeon was getting at. He too, has heard the rumor about Yuri and Jessica. He hasn’t had the chance to ask his cousin if there was any truth to it but regardless, he was okay with it. However after the last guy, Jessica dated, Kris learned not to trust anyone easily. He respects Jessica’s life and whatever she decides to do but he won’t hesitate to break his promise if Yuri did Jessica wrong.

 

Kris decided not say anything so he just smiled.

--

(Back to the previous scene)

 

It took a whole lot from Yuri to finish his meal but in the end he was able to do it. While everyone else was talking, including Jessica who was liking everyone’s warm welcome, Yuri excused himself.

Yuri went outside of the canteen, he sighed and closed his eyes. He felt uneasy, a part of him wanted to throw up what he just ate. There was a bitter taste in his mouth, he wasn’t sure if he was just imagining it or if it was really there. He heaved a deep breath and then exhaled.

Just then he sensed someone was behind him, he looked back and saw Jessica who was about to touch his shoulder to call his attention.

 

Jessica retracted her hand and looked at Yuri with a worried expression.

 

“What’s wrong? Do you feel sick or something?”

 

“No. I’m just not used to eating with other people. That’s all.” Yuri responded

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Yuri then explained to Jessica that he doesn’t live with his parents and has been alone for as long as he can remember.

 

“Where are they then? Your parents?” She pressed on.

 

“My father travels a lot and my mother…” Yuri stopped. He didn’t mind telling Jessica about his mother passing away but then Jessica might feel awkward around him so he left some details out.

 

“...is in Jeju.” He continued

 

“Jeju? Are you originally from there?”

 

Yuri shook his head in disagreement

 

“My mother is very fond of the island and so she opted to live there.”

 

Jessica could only nod in response. It was true that Yuri’s mother was in Jeju. Well, her ashes were. Yuri’s mother absolutely loved the island and Yuri's father knew this so when she passed they decided to scatter her ashes on a part of the island that they owned.

 

“Oh. Will she be here on Saturday then?”

 

Yuri snickered. He found it amusing how Jessica never ran out of questions.

 

“I think we should end our little question game here. Taeyeon and the others are probably waiting for us. You go on with them, I’ll probably head back to the classroom.”

 

“Are you sure? If you want I could come with you…” Jessica shyly said. She almost whispered the last part.

 

“There’s no need for that. I know you want to go back with Taeyeon and the others. I’ll be fine. Go on now.” Yuri made sure that Jessica went back to the canteen before leaving.

 

As he was going back to their classroom, he suddenly thought of something which made him change his destination. He walked past his classroom and went to the faculty office. He knocked before entering. No one was there except, Ms. Hwang, his homeroom teacher. She was at her desk, checking papers and what not.

 

“What brings you here, Mr. Kwon?” Sun Hee smiled as soon as she saw the door opened.

 

“I want to apologize for yesterday. I should’ve been more careful in choosing my words.” Yuri bowed

 

“It’s okay, Yuri. I want to apologize too, I went too far.” Sun Hee said as Yuri lifted his head.

 

“That would be all. I should get going now. Thank you for your time.” Yuri turned around and was about to see himself out when Sun Hee suddenly spoke.

 

“You’re not just doing whatever it is you’re doing to Jessica for mere curiosity, right? You’re not playing with her? If this is all just a game to you then please stay away from her. She’s been through enough.”

 

Yuri stopped in his tracks however he did not look back. Sun Hee waited for his answer but there was only the sound of the door closing that she heard and nothing more.

 

The boy quietly headed back to his classroom. He sat down on his chair and put his head down on his desk.

--

Yuri’s POV

I chose not to answer because I saw no reason for me to do so. Thinking about it now, it was supposed to be just a game. A game that I chose to play because I found her interesting. I thought I can play around and be done when I felt bored with her but she turned out to be something else. It seems shallow but yesterday when she chose to come and find me instead of doing what Ms. Hwang told her to do, made me rethink my actions. The nature of the game I had in mind was to find out how much I can make her do till she gives up on trying to ever talk to me or even just look at me.

Truthfully, I’ve planned so many ridiculous things in my head that would make her stay away but in the end I lost track of my original motive. I lost because I found myself wanting more and the feelings she made me feel took over me completely.

When I told Dr. Kim that there was a risk in letting Jessica into my life, I didn’t tell him that because I was afraid or because I was wavering. I already came into a decision before even coming to his office. I only told Dr. Kim to confirm my thoughts. I was well aware that Jessica will have to break me apart from this skin I’ve had for the past few years if I got close to her. This skin never felt right though, it's as if my life's wrapped up in a profound lie.

I hated myself because I couldn’t feel anything. Everyone had something, whether it be sadness or happiness, they had something to feel but not me. The only feeling I’ve ever known was emptiness. My whole world revolved around absolutely nothing. I learned to accept it as my reality but then Jessica came into the picture and turned everything upside down. With her, the emptiness I’ve once accepted, found a way for me to deny it again and make me feel like there was another option. I didn’t notice at first but it slowly became apparent to me when the voices in my head stopped. The ones that I’ve been trying to get rid of all my life, she has single-handedly erased them. And the reason for such is because, I think Jessica gave me a reason not to succumb to the life wasting thoughts I had.

She’s giving me a new path to walk on. Jessica was the only thing that felt true to me. The only real thing that has ever touched my life. Of all the people I’ve met, she’s the only one I actually want to let in. That’s why no matter how heavy the consequences are, I want her to be in my life. This isn’t about me wanting to remember my past anymore. Jessica being some kind of tool to help me rediscover myself is just some sort of bonus to me. All I want is her constant presence, that’s all. Even if she could possibly put me somewhere darker and deeper than where I am right now, it’s okay. People like me, who are used to the dark, do not get scared of being somewhere worse because in the end, no matter how darker it can be, it all leads to misery. And if through me being miserable will be the only way I can ensure that she’ll be in my life then it’s okay because… because it’s her and no one else.

--

Author’s POV

 

Lunch break was almost over and so everyone was slowly returning to their own classrooms. Taeyeon, Jessica and Kris were on their way back when Taecyeon caught up to them.

 

“Guys!” Taecyeon called out to the three.

 

The three stopped in their tracks and looked back. They saw Taecyeon running up to them.

 

“Where have you been?” Kris asked

 

“My body clock’s still messed up so yeah...Did I miss a lot?”

 

“You can just borrow my notebook.” Jessica offered with a smile.

 

Taecyeon was beaming inside. He had this small crush on Jessica. In fact, he was really excited when their homeroom teacher chose her to tour him however that feeling last long. It disappeared when Jessica passed him onto Kris. When Yuri and Jessica came in together yesterday, he had a feeling that there was something between them but since he has yet to hear from anyone if they are indeed together, he decided that there was no harm in trying to get close with Jessica with intentions like his.

 

“Really? How about you let me treat you later after class? It’s my way of saying thank you!” Taecyeon was bold enough to ask Jessica out.

Kris and Taeyeon looked at each other before looking at Jessica. Taecyeon wasn’t the only one waiting for her answer.

 

“You don’t have to. It’s really oka—“ Jessica wasn’t able to finish her sentence

 

“Then think of it as a way for you to make it up to me for bailing out yesterday.” Taecyeon took out the guilt-trip card. He wasn’t willing to take a no for an answer.

 

Jessica shook her head and smiled.

 

“Fine. We’ll be even afterwards, okay?”

 

Taecyeon smiled widely. Now that it was settled, He went beside Jessica and started to lead her back to the classroom.

 

The other two were left behind, just standing there while looking at the backs of the two who went ahead.

 

“Do you think…” Taeyeon trailed.

 

“I guess Yuri isn’t the only one interested. I’m not surprised though. It was just like this back in Daewon well minus the gossips and what not.” Kris turned to Taeyeon.

 

“Wouldn’t blame them. Jessica’s an eye-catcher.” Taeyeon said with an expression of which looks like she was imagining Jessica in some way in her head.

 

“Don’t tell me you’re up on my cousin’s case too?” Kris jokingly said.

 

“Nah. She’s not my type. Let’s go! The bell’s gonna ring any minute now.” With that said the small girl started pacing back to their classroom.

 

Little did she know her answer, completely took off Kris’ guard. He wasn’t sure if Taeyeon was riding along with his joke or if she was serious. This school is just full of surprises, he thought.

 

He shook his head and power-walked back to their classroom.

 

--

Jessica’s POV

 

Me and Taecyeon went ahead and as soon as we stepped inside the classroom, my eyes searched for Yuri at the back. I was expecting him to be looking out the window like how he usually does but he wasn’t, he had his head down on his desk. I guess he wasn’t feeling okay, after all. I wonder why? I doubt it was because of what happened earlier at the canteen… I mean the food was okay, we ate the same thing. Was it because he wasn’t used to eating with other people?

 

I walked down the aisle with Taecyeon trailing behind me. I settled down my things on the desk in front of Yuri’s. I took a glance at him.

 

“He’s Yuri, right? I’m really bad at remembering Korean names, except my own.” Taecyeon said a little bit too loud.

 

I shushed him. I think Yuri was sleeping because if he wasn’t he would’ve looked up by the time we opened the door and came in.

 

I went beside his desk. I couldn’t really see his face because it was covered by his arm. I slowly reached for his shoulder so I could wake him up gently but to my surprise he suddenly moved and straightened his body. I retracted my hand in shock. Yuri then looked up to me.

He didn’t say anything but instead he gave me his small smile to which I then I gave back.

 

“Oh, you’re here.” Yuri acknowledged Taecyeon’s presence but he wasn’t smiling anymore, he went back into his cold nature.

 

“Barely made it, actually” the other replied.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” I asked. The thing that happened back at the canteen was still bothering me. It seemed like he wanted to throw up or something.

 

“I’m okay.” He said nonchalantly

And so I went back to my seat and took out my notebook. It kind of feels awkward sitting beside Taecyeon with Yuri at the back. Taecyeon started to do small talk with me and so we chattered away, talking about our experiences when we first moved here to Korea. He spoke in English so naturally I replied in that way too.

 

Seconds into our conversation, Taeyeon and Kris arrived.

 

“Oh hey, bro! Hope ya don’t mind if I take your seat!” Taecyeon said when Kris settled his things where the latter used to sit.

“I don’t mind at all.” my cousin replied with a smile.

 

Taeyeon sat beside Yuri as usual. Truthfully, I wanted to sit beside him but I don’t know how Yuri would take that. I’m assuming that he’s only used to Taeyeon sitting beside him so if I suddenly change that, he might get uncomfortable like with the whole eating-with-others problem he has.

Our other classmates started to come in and naturally our afternoon classes began. Teachers have already started to give out assignments. I immediately thought of which ones I would do first and in doing so, I remembered that I won’t be going home right away since I have to make it up to Taecyeon.

I sighed inwardly. I couldn’t say no to him because I felt really guilty about bailing out on him and giving him to Kris. I couldn't help but think about Yuri. I wonder what he thinks about Taecyeon sitting beside me…

Psh. He probably doesn’t care. I mean there’s nothing to care about but then he told me that he likes me. Wait. That’s not even related to anything or is it? Yuri probably meant that he likes me as a friend but then again he said that I made his heart beat fast...

I shook my head. I was at it again. I’ve been thinking about what Yuri meant when he said he liked me. I’ve been having this internal debate with myself. A part of me says that he meant it as a friend and nothing more but another part of me says that he meant more than that. I don’t want to think about it anymore. I should just go with the flow of things right now. I don’t want to get reckless again….

While the teacher had his back us, I took a glance at Yuri. He was writing down notes but he wasn’t even looking at his notebook. He was looking intently at the board. I wish he’d smile more… He looks so much better with that cute small smile of him.

I shook my head yet again. I should really focus on the lesson. I pulled myself together and started concentrating on our teacher.

 

--

Yuri’s POV

 

During one of our classes, Taeyeon passed a note to me. I opened it and read its content. It said something about how I now have a competition for Jessica’s attention.

I looked at Taeyeon and she sneakily pointed at the guy in front of her.

 

Taecyeon?

Competition? What is this girl talking about? Oh well, I don’t have the energy to ask her. Also, I don’t want to get reprimanded for talking during discussions. It seemed a waste to throw the paper away so I figured I could give it another purpose.

I took out my eraser and I removed everything that was written on it and rewrote Jessica’s name in the middle. It was a good thing Taeyeon used a pencil on it. I looked up to my teacher, he was still writing so I proceeded to do what I had in mind. I folded the paper and gave it another form.

When I was satisfied with it, I held it on my palm and looked at it. I suddenly remembered the time I used to do origami with my mother. That’s one of the little things I remember about her and my childhood. Well, thinking about it now isn’t the right time. I kept my little masterpiece inside the front pocket of my blazer.

I went back to writing my notes. A few moments pass, I noticed Jessica was looking at me however I didn’t look back at her. I only turned to face her when she turned her head away from me.

I find these little actions of her bewildering and these things add to her charm that I’m so hooked on. I never thought the simplest of things can leave such an impression on me.

 

Jessica Jung. Just what will I do with you?

 

I retuned my focus back on our discussion and as time passed I felt eager to get out of this room. Sitting and doing nothing but write down words and listen to someone talk for hours is quite draining even more so than training.

When the bell finally rang, signaling the end of classes, I got up and fixed my stuff. Taeyeon told me that she’ll just call me later to tell me what the content of the note she gave me meant. I agreed to it since I really didn’t have to time to stay and have a chat with her because I had a training session to attend to.

Before leaving the classroom, I approached Jessica’s desk. She was writing down the last part of the lecture we just had. I took out the little paper flower I made earlier and left it on her desk. Before she could even look up I turned my back on her and walked out of the classroom.

 

--

Author’s POV

 

Taecyeon saw what Yuri just did. He felt a little bit uneasy but he didn’t let it bother him. He was the one going on an unofficial date with Jessica not Yuri so that made him feel a whole lot better. Taecyeon then observed Jessica’s reaction. She was smiling while twirling the little flower in her hand.

 

“Jessica?” Taecyeon called out

 

This snapped the girl back to reality and looked up to Taecyeon.

 

“Sorry, uhm let’s go?” Jessica said as she stood up and grabbed her bag.

 

Taecyeon insisted Kris to at least walk with them out of the building. The latter planned to let them go ahead but since Jessica too joined in on asking him, he had no choice but to follow them out.

Kris acted quick and walked beside Jessica on her left side while Taecyeon on her right. Their walk out of the Academic building was silent, no one was talking and it felt really awkward for all three of them.

When they reached the exit, Kris bid them goodbye, saying that he’ll be watching the soccer team’s training. Now it was just Taecyeon and Jessica alone.

 

“I saw this newly opened café downtown. I was thinking we could swing by and I could copy your notes there too!”

 

“Okay, let’s go then.” Jessica smiled.

 

On the other side of Whimoon, Yuri just got out of the changing room. All of his teammates were already at the field, warming up so he rushed to where they were and started stretching.

 

Things went smoothly during their training and so before letting the team go to the showers their coach had a few words to say.

 

“I want you guys to hit the gym, alright? We won’t have field trainings next week. You guys can work out alone or together, just make sure a day doesn’t pass without you guys training. I want you to condition yourselves on your own. Is that clear?”

 

“Yes, sir!” Everyone said in unison.

 

As everyone was walking away from the field, Yuri stayed to formally apologize for not being able to attend their training session yesterday.

 

“I want to apologize for my absence yesterday, sir. Something urgent came up and so I had to skip training.” Yuri bowed and waited for a few seconds before lifting his head again.

 

“No worries. By the way, do you know that tall guy over there by the bleachers?” Yuri looked over to where his coach was

 

“Yes. He’s in my class, sir. He has intentions to try out for our team.”

 

“Do you think he’s any good?”

 

“I think so. He seems confident, sir”

 

“Hmm. Ask him to join you next week when you train. Test him and see if he’s any good, if he is then we’ll put him on the team. I trust your judgment on this.”

 

Yuri bowed his head as his coach walked away. He headed straight for the showers. The fatigue he garnered from training all got washed away. When he was done, he packed up his stuff and went out. He surveyed the grounds in hopes he’d find Kris so that he can inform him of what the coach had ask him to do.

His eyes landed on a tall figure standing by the bleachers. Yuri made his way to approach Kris who watched their whole training session. He was fascinated by how everyone played.

 

“Good job out there!” Kris cheered.

 

“Thanks. Anyways, if you’re still interested in joinng the team, the coach told me to ask you to join me in training. We won’t have field practice next week so we have to train on our own.”

 

“That’s great then. I’ll be honored to train with the team captain.”

 

Yuri nodded and was about to walk away when he remembered a certain girl.

 

“Where’s Jessica?”

 

Kris’ expression turned a little bit dark when he was asked about the whereabouts of his cousin.

 

“She’s with Taecyeon. He made her go with him somewhere since Jessica bailed out on him yesterday.” Kris explained.

 

“Ahh. So that was what Taeyeon meant…”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Taeyeon went on  about me having a competition for your cousin’s attention.”

 

..

..

 

“Since we’re on the subject already, do you like my cousin?”

 

Yuri contemplated for a few seconds before answering. He wasn’t sure whether it was okay to tell Kris or not.

 

“Yes.”

 

“I figured… well, just want to let you know that I think you’re a nice guy and all but that doesn’t mean I trust you. No offense, by the way.”

 

“None taken.”

 

“Right. Well what I’m trying to say is I hope you have good intentions when it comes to Jessica. She’s still…” Kris tried to find the appropriate words

 

“…pretty shaken about things that had happened last year. I’m just looking out for her, you know?” Kris continued.

 

“I don't intend to hurt your cousin in any way. I can’t afford to do that. You see, she’s one of a kind. And that coming from a guy like me says a lot about your cousin.”

 

“I’ll take your word on that but if things go bad, I won’t hesitate to get in your way.”

 

Yuri nodded in response. He understood how Kris was feeling, he knew that it was his way of protecting Jessica.

 

“If that’s all then I’ll be on my way now.” Yuri then left Kris behind.

 

--

Yuri’s POV

 

Competition, huh?

 

Does it really have to be that way? What am I aiming for? I want Jessica in my life, that much I know but what do I want her to be in my life? I don’t know anything about being in a committed relationship even more so than being just a friend to someone. I lack a lot when it comes to these things which are deemed to be common by other people.

 

I suddenly came up with an idea. And right now it seems like it’s the fastest way to get to the bottom of everything. That person should call me at any moment now…

 

..

..

..

 

*ring ring*

 

Right on time.

 

“Where are you?” I said as soon as I pressed the answer button on my phone.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to say hello first?” The person on the other line said

 

“It doesn’t matter. Where are you?”

 

“At home. And you? Done with training? “

 

“I just finished, actually. Listen, can we meet up? Right now, I mean.”

 

There was a few seconds of silence. I’ve never seen Taeyeon outside of school so she’s probably surprised.

“Uhm. Yeah sure. Is this about the note? ‘Cause that's why I called, you know.”

 

“No. I already know about it. Kris told me. Where can we meet?”

 

“Uhm I don’t know. How about I just text you the details, yeah?”

 

“Okay. I’ll see you in a few then.” I hanged up and proceeded walking back home.

 

I figured I could swing by my apartment to change into more comfortable clothes. My plan was to ask Taeyeon for her opinion on my predicament. I’m sure she knows more than I do. I could be wrong but I’ve got nothing to lose anyway. It also occurred to me that Taeyeon’s the closest thing I have that I could call a friend. I should start treating her like one. I mean, friends help each other right? I won’t ask her to do anything since I prefer to do things on my own but I would like to hear her opinion about certain things.

 

----

Author’s POV

 

After suddenly getting asked by Yuri to meet up, Taeyeon looked into where they could meet. Somewhere that wouldn’t be too far for both of of them. As soon as she found the perfect place, she texted Yuri the details and immediately left her house.

This was the first time Taeyeon would see Yuri outside of Whimoon. It felt weird but it also felt exciting for her. She has known the former for a long time now and she hasn’t even seen Yuri wearing normal clothes. Taeyeon thought that maybe Jessica was the cause of all this. She smiled at the thought of Yuri finally breaking out from his shell.

The place she chose was not that far from her house but she opted to take a taxi there because she didn’t want to make Yuri wait and also whatever he wanted to talk about seemed urgent.

Taeyeon hailed a cab and as she got in she told the driver her destination.

“Ahjussi please take me to Sweet Delight café! Here’s the address.” Taeyeon then showed her phone to the driver and as soon as the driver was done encoding the address on his GPS, they drove off.

Like Taeyeon, Yuri opted to also take a taxi. Within 20 minutes, Yuri reached the café Taeyeon told him about. When he got off the taxi, he immediately saw Taeyeon getting off one too.

 

He walked towards his friend and tapped her shoulder. Taeyeon was surprised to see Yuri, both of them arrived on the same time.

 

“You know, this is my first time to see you in normal clothes. I didn’t know you had fashion sense.” Taeyeon said as she looked at her friend from head to toe

 

Yuri was wearing a plain white shirt underneath a black jacket alongside with a pair of black skinny jeans and a pair of brown topsiders. Meanwhile, Taeyeon was sporting a green jacket underneath a black shirt, a pair of dark denim jeans and Hi-top sneakers. (http://i.imgur.com/u0azrZW.jpg

 

“I didn’t buy these. An aunt of mine has the habit of shopping clothes for me.”

 

“I’m sure she did.” Taeyeon teased.

 

Yuri shook his head and started to walk towards the café with Taeyeon trailing behind him. The former opened the door and ushered Taeyeon to get in first.

 

“Do you need something from me?” Taeyeon said as she entered the café followed by Yuri.

 

“What? You haven’t had someone open a door for you? Or is that such an uncommon gesture nowadays?”

 

“Nah, I’m just not really used to this side of you.”

 

Yuri snickered.

 

“What do you want? My treat since I do need something from you.”

 

The two were now looking at the menu on the wall near the counter.

 

“Am I dreaming? Or is Kwon Yuri really asking for help? I’ll have one Iced Americano please!” Taeyeon excitedly said.

 

“Go get a table. I’ll order for us.”

 

“Alright, Mr. Sassy-pants”

 

Taeyeon turned around and scanned the café for an empty table. It was already 7:45 in the evening so naturally the café was a little bit packed. Luckily she spotted an empty table not too far from the counter. She went towards its direction and as soon as she sat down she noticed the people, about 2 tables away from where she was. The reason why they caught her attention was because they were wearing Whimoon’s school uniform. It was a petite brown-haired girl and a tall bulky guy. Taeyeon could only see their back figures as the two were facing up front. She kept her eyes on them, hoping that one of them would slightly turn their heads sideways so that she could see if she knew them or not.

It was as if the tall guy heard her thoughts, the former turned his head sideways to look at the girl beside him who was busy looking at something and with that, Taeyeon saw the mystery guy’s left profile and was completely taken by surprise.

 

“Oh my God.” Taeyeon uttered in English.

 

Just then, Yuri came to their table with their order.  Taeyeon looked up to him and quickly pulled him down to sit. It was a good thing, Yuri had already set down their drinks on the table before Taeyeon pulled him.

 

“What’s wrong?” Yuri said as he settled himself across Taeyeon.

 

“Look behind you!! Two tables away from us”

 

Yuri did what he was told. And as he looked back, he saw two students sitting side by side, facing up front. He immediately deduced that it must be Taecyeon and Jessica. The two were now laughing and seemed to be enjoying their time together.

 

Yuri then looked away and took a sip from his drink. After doing so, he smiled. It wasn’t his usual small smile, but rather Taeyeon got an evil vibe from it. It was a crooked smile.

 

-----

Author's notes!

WOW! 1000+ views! THANK YOU EVERYONE!

60+ subscibers!! THANK YOUUUUU!!

14 upvotes! YAY!!!

Sorry for the slow updates! Life has been really hectic for me! 

Thank you for all the support and comments! Keep them coming! Don't be shy! You can say anything!

 

Peace! -ymllama!