Plans

Back At Your Door

Jessica’s POV

Once everybody was settled and regrouped, we all went our separate ways. As always, Kris, Yuri and I, went home together.

Our apartment came first along the way so when we got there, Kris was quick to say goodbye and go inside. I remained outside with Yuri.

 

“I had fun…” Yuri says in a whisper almost as if he was embarrassed to say it

 

“I noticed. You actually spared a few lines here and there.” I was gonna hold in my laugh but I just couldn’t. I found his efforts to socialize cute and quite exciting really. Maybe with a little bit more time he’ll be able to do more.

 

He smiles at me and silence enveloped us in her arms. There was something mystifying about staying in silence with him. It had a hint of awkwardness but I found it strangely charming. I think it’s because with Yuri, silence was comforting.

 

“You should go in. It’s late.” Like always, he sends me off.

 

“You always do that. Go first and I’ll wait here till you reach….” I tried to peek over his shoulder but he was too tall so I cocked my head to the side “…the 3rd street light.”

 

I looked back at him and just when I thought he was gonna say no, he smiled at me. Without saying anything more, he turned around and walked away.

 

I didn’t move at all. I stayed right where I was. I watched him slowly fade away from my eyes. Once he was out of my sight, all out once, a feeling of wanting to run after him consumed me. Now, I wonder if he feels the same way when he sends me off.

 

--

Yuri’s POV

 

I reached my apartment but before entering I gave myself a few seconds to reset my mind and reassume my character. I twisted the knob and let myself in. I took off my shoes and went straight to my room. I sat down on the edge of my bed and stayed still.

 

The only sounds that could be heard were my own breathing and the therapeutic sound of the clock counting the seconds away.

 

It needs to happen.

 

“Come to the beach party. I wanted to wait a little bit longer but I realized that it doesn’t really matter.” I say each and every word knowing that he’s listening.

 

--

Taeyeon’s POV

 

The day of the beach party finally came. This was it. Tonight, is going to be the night I take a leap of faith. This whole week I’ve been going back and forth between admitting my feelings for Tiffany or playing the friend card on her.

 

Option 2 is obviously the better choice here. I mean come on, I barely know her….

 

But then again…

 

Her eyes

 

Her smile

 

Her voice

 

Her cute accent

 

Her laugh

 

Basically, everything about her is hauntingly loveable that I’ve even convinced myself to take the chance and admit my growing feelings for her. Take note that I said that ‘growing feelings’. I’m aware that I’m catching feelings for her but I also know that there is a huge possibility that she won’t be interested.

 

I’m choosing to do this because I don’t want to end up emotionally investing too much, only to find out that there was no chance in the first place.

 

I just have to be bold and well hope for the best. If she’s not interested then at least I’ll be able to tell myself that at least I tried.

 

This whole week was building up to this night. Yuri has been sticking close to Jessica this whole week and I’m choosing to take that as a sign of good luck.

 

Yuri and Choa both have been hanging out with us and it just makes me feel like, everything is coming to piece. It’s been rainbows and laughter all week and hopefully it’ll continue to to be like this.

Like I’ve said before I’ve been religiously attending this party ever since I was a freshman. Typically, everyone except the seniors are allowed to stay after the program but since I was friends with a lot of seniors and alumni of Whimoon, I got to stay behind after everyone else in my grade went home.

After this party, it’s all gonna be about exams, career tests and other serious stuff. This maybe one of my last chances to make meaningful memories with my friends. I sure as hell won’t waste it.

 

--

Yuri’s POV

 

Tonight, is the night I’ve been waiting for since summer. I’ll settle score between me and Dohan once and for all.

For every single life he’s ruined, I’ll make him pay a hundred times more. This isn’t just about me avenging the death of Taekwoon. This is about making sure that he will never hurt anyone anymore.

I left my apartment early today. I packed everything I needed and left the minute the sun rose. I drove to the hostel by the beach. I rented a room and settled myself there. I put my bag off to one side and decided to call Choa. She’ll be playing an important part in my plan. It just makes sense for me to make sure that she’s done her part of the plan.

 

Ring ring

 

Ring ring

 

“You’re early.” Choa answered

 

“Did you get the car ready?” I asked

 

“It’s at the back of the storage house just like you asked.” She says confidently

 

“Okay. Just before the fireworks start, I’ll take Jessica. Make sure you’re close by.” I make sure to use the exact words I did when I explained my plan to her.

 

“I know the plan, Yuri. If anything, you should be worried about yourself.” We ran through this plan over and over again. It’d be weird if she wasn’t tired of me questioning her.

 

“We can’t afford any mistakes.” I replied

 

“I still don’t understand why you need that car. Do you really think, he’ll make a run for it?” I didn’t shed the light on every single detail about my plan. I’ll say that it’s me being careful but really, it’s me making sure that no one will stop me from what I want to happen.

 

“Don’t worry about that. I just need you to focus on Jessica, okay?”

 

“Alright. I’ll see you later then. I need to get ready too.” Choa ends the call and I end up letting out a sigh.

 

Sadness spreads all over me. I try to empty myself but I couldn’t get rid of it. I can’t be feeling like this when I’m hours away from finally making things right. I can’t afford to be distracted. I know all of these things but somehow at the same time I don’t.

 

When all of this is over, there will be nothing left of me. I’ll be free from being the person he made me to be but I’ll be erasing myself as well. The sadness trickles down my reality and securely places me inside of it’s inevitable hold.

 

The sad truth is I don’t know who I am and I’m not exactly sure if I’ll still have strength to find out.

 

I close my eyes and made myself remember all the people that have been wronged by Dohan. I’m not just doing this for myself. I shouldn’t be just thinking of myself.

 

I shouldn’t.

 

--

Author’s POV

 

The night began to settle in, calling out to everyone.

 

Yuri wasn’t alone in thinking that this night was important. Everyone else had plans, everyone else had something to do.

 

Just like how they planned. Tiffany went over to Kris and Jessica’s apartment to catch a ride with them to the beach party. Their ride was Taecyeon who offered to pick them up with a pick-up truck he was able to borrow from his uncle’s company.

 

“Is that everything?” Taecyeon asks as he faces Kris. The two boys were loading in a few stuff that Taeyeon had asked them to bring.

 

“Yeap. That’s it.” Kris replies after looking back and forth from his phone that had Taeyeon’s list and the back of the truck.

 

“You guys ready?” Taecyeon asks the two girls standing on the side

 

Tiffany and Jessica looks at each other and as if they planned it, they both answer at the same time.

 

“Ready!” Giggles soon came after from the two.

 

“Alright let’s go!” Taecyeon secures the back of his pickup and tells everyone to get in.

 

Kris called for shotgun even though neither Jessica nor Tiffany were planning to sit in front. Once everyone got settled, Taecyeon started driving away.

 

“Yuri lives not too far from you guys, right? Is he coming?” Tiffany asks

 

“I asked him yesterday if he wanted a ride but he said no.” Kris answers and Tiffany simply nods her head.

 

Jessica has constantly been talking to Yuri this past week. Even this morning, Jessica asked Yuri once more if he wanted to ride with them but his answer wasn’t any different from the one he gave Kris.

 

More than anything, Jessica appreciated Yuri’s efforts to make sure that this week was just about having fun. She was glad to see that Yuri tried his best to bond with everybody else. A sentence or two may not be much for other people but Jessica knew that it was different for Yuri.

 

It was blissful and she couldn’t be any happier. Each moment was precious and she treasured every single thing.

 

Exactly one year ago, the rumor about her and her teacher started spreading. It was a painful time but she kept it in and now she’s here. Jessica was happy and everyone around her was too. Right now, she couldn’t be bothered to feel anything else.

 

All this talk of happiness in her mind made her think of one person.

 

 --

Jessica’s POV

 

To: KYR

 

We’re on our way to the beach 😃 Tiffany’s with us too!

 

My finger hovers over the send button. Is it weird for me to tell that we’re on our way? I mean I don’t even know if he’s there already. Is this too much?

 

It shouldn’t be weird, right?

 

Tiffany must’ve noticed me so she gave me a quick nudge.

 

“You okay?” She asks me

 

“It’s nothing.” I smiled and hit send.

 

I should really stop worrying about the little things. If Yuri can push himself to be comfortable with other people then surely, I can push myself to do the same…to him.

 

It’s not that it was awkward to be talking and spending so much time with him. This week has just been so incredible and it wasn’t just because of Yuri.

 

Rather than feeling happy that I was with him, I was happier to see him with everybody else. Even Taeyeon told me she hasn’t had the chance to spend that much time with Yuri before. That coming from someone who has known him since their freshmen year is something else.

 

When he told me everything, the one thing that really hit me was the fact that he didn’t have anything happy to look back at. The little pieces he remembered were all painful memories. I wanted to give him a chance to make new and happy ones.

 

This was the only reason I told him to stop whatever he was planning and leave everything behind for a while.

 

It was a good thing that he agreed to do it because if he hadn’t, I would have never admitted or even fully realized…

 

That I would do anything to see him smile.

 

--

Yuri’s POV

 

From: Uncoordinated Jung

 

We’re on our way to the beach 😃 Tiffany’s with us too!

 

A moment to smile came to me.

 

To: Uncoordinated Jung

 

Glad to hear that. I’ll be a little late since I need to run a few errands for my father. I’ll call you when I get there. See you soon.

 

I pressed send and immediately kept my phone.

 

I left the hostel once the sun set. I drove to the storage house that was not too far from the beach. It was an old cabin that used to be for rent for the beach goers but it was abandoned not too long ago.

 

The cabin was completely cleaned out of everything except for a single chair and a shabby table to the side.

 

I set aside the bag I had packed and sat down on the chair. I kept the door wide open and waited for him to come in.

 

From this morning when I left my house up until I waited for night fall at the hostel, I was aware that Dohan was following me.

 

15 minutes passed and finally I hear a sound of a car approaching. The engine stops and the sound of a car door opening and closing rings through my ears.

 

 

“Finally.” I say as he enters the cabin. The floorboards creaked loudly with each step he took.

 

Dohan stays silent and decided to stay by the door.

 

“What do you think?” I stand up from my seat and walk around the cabin “…it’s perfect, isn’t it?”

 

Dohan takes two steps further in but stops again. He keeps unsuspecting eyes on me for a couple more seconds before his eyes roamed the cabin.

 

“What are you going to do then?” he asks in his usual bright tone. I was disgusted at myself for having to play pretend like this but there was no other choice.

 

“Oh, the possibilities are just endless but since you’ll be watching, I decided to make it a somewhat relatable experience for my one and only audience.” I smile at him and continued to walk back and forth around the cabin.

 

“Relatable, huh?” He laughs and the sound of it resonates all around this empty cabin. “And just how relatable are you going to do it?”

 

I stopped pacing back and forth and turned to face him. I walked towards his direction and stopped right in front of him. I stared right into his eyes and made sure he did the same.

 

“I’m going to set this cabin on fire with Jessica in it.” Dohan lifts his eyebrows and looks at me as if he wanted to clarify something.

 

“Really, now? And how is that relatable?” His mocking tone pierced me right through but I knew better.

 

“That’s how you killed my mother, remember? You even showed me the video. I bet you thought I forgot all about that.” My hands land on his shoulders. I straighten them out and dust off his coat.

 

“You made me this way. You better own up and take responsibility for the monster you created.”

 

He laughs yet again. He pushes my hands away and takes a step back.

 

“Give me a good show and I’ll consider taking responsibility for it.” Dohan turns around, gets in his car and drives away.

 

--

Author’s POV

 

The beach started to get filled with Whimoon students. A variety of games, contests and performances were all lined up for tonight.

 

The program was about to start and luckily, Taecyeon was able to find the perfect parking spot just in time. Their little road trip group got off of the pickup and they started to unload their stuff.

 

Taeyeon spotted them immediately and headed towards their direction. On her way to them, Taeyeon began to recognize the unfamiliar face.

 

She had no idea whatsoever that Tiffany would be riding with them. In her head, she expected Tiffany to be brought here to by her personal driver but it seems like she was wrong.

 

“Hey guys!” Taeyeon put on a brave face and disregarded the nerves that were wracking her insides.

 

“There she is! We brought everything you asked for.” Taecyeon boasts and showed off his pearly whites.

 

“Thank you so much! You guys can load them at that little cottage, right next to the stage.” Taeyeon pointed to the little hut on the right side of the make-shift stage.

 

Taecyeon and Kris followed her instructions and left the three girls behind.

 

“I hope you guys didn’t have a rough time with Taecyeon on the wheel.” Taeyeon attempts to crack a joke to break the ice.

 

“It was actually pretty good. He’s really funny!” Tiffany smiles and this simple action of hers, takes a toll on Taeyeon’s composure.

 

Jessica takes notices at the seemingly stunned expression of Taeyeon. She knew she had to step in.

 

“Why don’t we go all get going yeah?” Jessica puts her arms around Tiffany and Taeyeon and proceeds to drag them together towards the cottage the latter mentioned.

 

Kris and Taecyeon finished up setting  the cooler for the drinks and as well as the table for their food.

 

After pulling some strings, Taeyeon was able to secure this little hut for her friends. This way they can all enjoy the party in each other’s company. It had the best view of the stage and the best part about it is that she will be able to share the same space with Tiffany.

 

The rest of the gang started to show and soon enough they were only one person short to be complete.

 

“Where’s Yuri?” Hyoyeon said as she passes the drinks to everyone.

 

Everyone looked at Jessica for the answer. With how much they stuck to each other this past week, everyone just automatically assumed that she would know where Yuri is. They weren’t wrong to look at Jessica for the answer. The rest just didn’t know that there was one other person they could look to for the real answer.

“He told me he was gonna be late. Uhm he had some stuff to take care of.” Jessica awkwardly smiles

 

“Very Kwon Yuri. He’s probably on his way here.” Taeyeon adds.

 

Choa looked at the time and took light steps towards the entrance of the hut. She looks around the massive crowd outside.

 

Jessica notices Choa and unintentionally creeps up on her.

 

“You okay?” Jessica startles Choa. Surprised at her reaction, Jessica puts her hand on Choa’s shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you.” Jessica pulls out her smile.

 

“No. It’s okay. Uhm do you know what time the fireworks start?” Choa seemingly innocent asks.

 

“Well, it’ll probably be a while later. I think it happens after the performances. Why’d you ask? Do you like fireworks?”

 

Choa takes a pause before she answers. Her role in Yuri’s plan was to separate Jessica from the group and make sure she sticks close them once she passes her to Yuri.

 

“Actually, I am. The best view would probably be out there.” Choa points out to the crowd. “You think they’ll be alright to go out there later?”

 

“Of course, they will! And if they aren’t then I’ll go with you then!” Yet again, Jessica smiles. Choa reciprocates this but the second the former turns around, her smile falls.

 

She felt guilty but like Yuri, she knew that this was something that had to be done. If not Yuri then no one would be able to stop Dohan.

 

--

Taeyeon’s POV

 

The night took off pretty nicely. We’ve been watching the performances from our little tropical cottage and each one so far has been amazing but…

 

If I’m any honest, watching Tiffany get intrigued by the performances is more entertaining. The way her eyes light up is just indescribable. I need to talk to her. I should really talk to her. I mean if I’m gonna tell her about my feelings then I should really start building up to that.

 

While I was busy pumping myself up, Tiffany got up to get a refill of her drink.

 

This is my chance.

 

I stood up. My legs felt a little bit shaky but I toughed it out and approached her.

 

“H-hey!” Please tell me she didn’t notice that little stutter

 

“Oh hey. Want another drink?” She smiles at me. I can feel my heart beating as if it wants to get out of my body.

 

“Uhh yeah sure.” I try my best to not look like an idiot while I smile back at her.

 

Tiffany grabs the pitcher and pours me, what looks like some sort of pineapple shake.

 

“I personally made this. I should probably warn you though. I spiked it a little bit and I mean that in every way. I didn’t go overboard or anything.” Even her way of explaining is cute.

 

“It’s fine. I’m pretty sure most of the drinks here are spiked as well. Nothing too crazy.” I reply back

 

Tiffany nods her head. She turns away from me for a bit to pour herself a drink. She goes back to me and yet again she smiles and I could’ve sworn my heart skipped a beat.

 

“Cheers?” Tiffany raises her glass a bit.

 

Naturally, I do the same and our glasses clink.

 

I take a sip and was immediately amazed by the taste. It wasn’t too sweet but just right. You can barely taste whatever alcohol she mixed in there.

 

“Hey. This is really great! Ever thought about putting a bar?” I try not to sound too enthusiastic. I didn’t want her to think I was being fake or anything.

 

“Now that you mention it, I might just add that to-do list.” She laughs and I do too. “…but really, it’s just a recipe I looked up on the internet before coming here.”

 

“Hey, those take effort too, you know? Not everyone can follow a recipe.” I say back.

 

This is going better than expected. I haven’t stuttered and I’m actually making sense. Kim Taeyeon, you are awesome.

 

“Enough about me. How about you? Tell me something about yourself.” She looks at me eagerly which makes me feel like I should say something really interesting.

 

 Oh no. Taeyeon. Okay. Calm down. Don’t say anything stupid. Just calm down. Be yourself. Say something interesting. Say anything. Say…

 

 

“Do you know those peas in a pod? The one in Toy story?” Oh . No. Don’t.

 

Kim Taeyeon. Abort. Abort mission. Think of an excuse right now!

 

“I think so? Why?” Tiffany looks at me with a perplexed expression.

 

Of all things? Kim Taeyeon??? REALLY???

 

It’s too late to take it back. I might as well tell her.

 

“Kim Taeyeon fun fact #1, I really like those things. I even have them as my wallpaper.” I pull out my phone to show her I wasn’t kidding.

 

“Aww. They’re so cute!” she exclaims. Definitely not the reaction I was expecting.

 

“Right? Whenever I feel down, I just look at my phone and poof, I feel better.”

 

“I think that’s exactly what I need! You think you can send me that photo?”

 

I say yes to this faster than when someone asks me if I want takeout from In n’ Out.

 

It took me a minute to realize what she had just said. Why does she need cheering up…?

 

“Uhm, if you don’t mind me asking. Why do you need this…?” The minute I said those words, I came to regret it. I think I went too far.

 

It was obvious that she got caught off guard but again she smiles.

 

“It’s just family stuff. It’s bit hectic on our side. It’s nothing too serious, I’m just being dramatic.” She laughs but I felt like there was more to the story. I didn’t want to press on.

 

“Well, whatever it is, I’m sure these peas can help you and hey if they don’t then you can always ask me.” I paused. Did I just really say that?

 

Tiffany threw me a confused expression for a second but then she broke into a smile.

 

“…what I meant to say is that, I’m sort of an expert on… well uhm finding… finding cute pictures to cheer people up! Yeah, that’s right. So if you need any cheering up at all, I’m your person.” Kim Taeyeon shoots and she may or may not have scored.

 

I mean that could’ve ended worse. At least I was able to make sense… I think.

 

“I’ll keep that in mind then.” Tiffany says

 

We went back to the group. They started to play Truth or Dare which is the most dangerous game to play when the three stooges are around.

 

They formed a circle with the chairs and put the bottle in the middle. The only two seats available were right next to each other. I can smell the conspiracy from miles away. The minute my touched the chair, I felt the evil stares on me.

 

Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Sunny had their eyes on me. I felt shivers down my spine. I knew that there was just no way things would go smoothly. I didn’t explicitly admit to the others that I liked Tiffany but I’m pretty sure they got the message during that little dinner we had after the lantern festival.

 

“You guys know the rules! Not a word should leave this cottage that was prepared for us by our very own Kim Taeyeon.” Sooyoung raises her cup and everyone else does the same. Everyone says thank you and we all take a quick swig of our own drinks.

 

“Let’s start!” Sunny gets up from her seat and places the bottle in the middle. Before she spins it, she looks me in the eye. In that moment, I realized that this night has officially gone off the smooth train.

 

The bottle spins and I’m pretty sure just as planned, it stopped in my direction.

 

My heart stops and my eyes widened. A lump on my throat started to form and somehow I think for at least 3 seconds I forgot how to breathe.

 

“Oh, hey what do you know? Taeyeon, you’re up! Truth or dare?” Sooyong initiates the game.

 

“Uhm… Uh…” My eyes wandered and then I realized Tiffany was staring at me too.

 

“I guess… uhm… truth?” My voice got weaker as the words came out.

 

Truth or dare, I knew that there were gonna make this about Tiffany.

 

“Good choice! Okay so, as we all know, Taeyeon has a good-eye for certain things. So my question is…” Sooyoung puts on her devilish grin and continued “…out of everyone in this circle of ours, who do you think is the most good-looking?”

 

It’s definitely Tiffany. I mean come on, one trip around this circle, anyone would pick her. She doesn’t even need to do anything to stand out.

 

You know what, whatever. This should make things even more obvious so when I tell Tiffany, it wouldn’t come off as a shocker or whatever.

 

“That’s too easy. I’m sitting right next to her.” I turn my head towards Tiffany’s direction.

 

A collection of ooohs and ahhs were heard all around. From where I sat, I could hear the snickers of the three devils across.

 

“Thank you.” Tiffany smiles that godly smile of her and for the nth time I forget to breathe.

 

Maybe this game isn’t such a bad idea after all. I mean what’s the worst thing that could happen? I’m thinking way too hard for this night to be perfect and all but… I think it’s better to just try my best to have fun.

 

“Alright, Taeyeon, spin the bottle!” Hyoyeon says and so I stood up and spun the bottle.

 

--

Jessica’s POV

 

The game lasted enough for us to know each other’s embarrassing stories. We stopped playing to watch the resumed performances.

I check my phone and there was still no sign from Yuri. A little part of me is starting to worry but then again, it’s Yuri. He probably just got caught up with his errands but I’m sure he’ll come.

 

“Oh hey we should go outside, the fireworks will start right after this batch of performances!” Taeyeon chirped.

 

We all went out of the little tropical cottage and blended in with the crowd. I remembered that Choa was particularly excited about the fireworks so I made sure to stick close to her. Tiffany was doing fine with Taeyeon and the others so I just let her be with them.

 

I stood beside Choa and excitedly hooked my arm on hers.

 

“The fireworks are on after this!” I happily said to her

Choa smiles but doesn’t say anything.

 

Like I said, the crowd was pretty big so to avoid getting separated, we decided to stay at the back. The band started to play their own versions of songs. Together with the crowd, we all sang and danced to the music.

 

For some reason, Choa seemed to be losing her excitement. I tug on her arm and ask her if she was feeling okay.

 

“I’m fine. I just really want the fireworks to start.” She says like she was in a hurry.

 

I don’t know what is it about fireworks that she loves so much but hey to each their own.

 

Choa then turned her head to the stage and resumed watching. The band was about to start their final set when I felt my phone vibrating from inside my pocket.

 

From: KYR

 

Hey there. I’m sorry, I’m late. Do you think you can come to the parking lot? I’m exhausted from running errands. I don’t think I have enough energy to try and find you guys amongst this massive crowd.

 

He’s here! I couldn’t help but smile. I got way too excited that I didn’t even think about telling the others where I was going. I quietly slipped away and found my way to the parking lot.

 

I looked around and for a minute or two and all I could see were cars but then my eyes landed on a very familiar one.

 

“Over here!” Yuri waves his hands with a smile plastered on his face.

 

I power-walk towards him and as I got closer, I noticed that he was hiding something behind his back.

 

“I’m sorry if I made you come all the way here.” Yuri says casually. I look at him carefully. There was something off about him. I don’t know what it was but I sensed something different.

 

“Are you okay? You must be tired from the drive.” It was quite a long drive so I guess that’s why he looks a tad bit different to me. I haven’t seen him like this before. It wasn’t like he showed any signs of fatigue or anything. It’s just that his eyes… his eyes were different.

 

“I actually lied about that. I’m not that all tired. I just wanted to give you this.” He shows me what he had behind his back.

 

In his hands was a small bouquet of roses, three stems to be exact. They were elegantly wrapped and in full bloom.

 

I was speechless to say the least. The gesture itself was very un-Yuri like but I didn’t really have enough time to think about anything else. I took the flowers and I look up to him and was graced by that smile of his. That smile he deserves to wear so much more often.

 

“I was hoping we could talk before we go back to them.” He says it in a gentle manner.

 

I was completely in that my mind did not have any other thoughts. I guess this simple gesture, coming from someone like him really took my guard off. Who am I kidding? I’m pretty sure my guard has been completely off around him.

 

Yuri comes closer. It was almost as if distance didn’t exist, really. If I moved for just even a bit, I’d probably be able to hear his heart beating.

 

His eyes meet mine and right there he locks me down in his gaze. Yuri opened his mouth to speak and he does it in a gentle manner. He speaks as if to make sure I’ll be the only to hear it.

 

“You have a really great heart, Jessica. That heart believed in me when I didn’t even let it get close enough to see the real me. You did so much when you didn’t even have to. I’ll always be thankful that your heart chose me…” He pauses.

 

“…but I’m also sorry that it did. I want you to know that you’re the reason why I know what it’s like to be happy again. I haven’t felt that way in such a long time. You made me remember the person I was before everything happened. I really wanted to be that person again because I know that Yuri can give you the heart you deserve but… I can never be that person.” His tone suddenly changed. He sounded cold and uncaring. Far from the Yuri I knew.

 

I didn’t know when or why but I started to feel tears running down my face.

 

At the back of my mind, I think I always knew that Yuri never had any intention to change his plans just because I asked him too. I wasn’t angry because I knew I was reaching for something that wasn’t there but still I had to try.

 

“Stop. Yuri… please. I don’t like where this is going. You promised you wouldn’t do anything without me.” I couldn’t stop crying because to me it felt like I was never going to see him again.

 

“I don’t expect you to understand but just know that I had to do this.” Yuri inches closer and whispers into my ear.

 

My eyes widened and I felt my heart sink. He looks back into my eyes and finally I saw the real Yuri. It took a while but it was worth it. He was worth it.

 

Without hesitation, I pulled him closer and kissed him, hoping that he’d understand my feelings. Yuri kissed me back in the gentlest way possible. I threw caution to the wind. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kept the kiss for as long as I could.

 

Yuri’s hands were on my waist and for a minute or two they stayed there until his right hand, started reaching for something.

 

His hand reaches for my neck. I felt something sharp sting but I didn’t stop.

 

Yuri pulls away and grabs me by the waist again.

 

My body felt heavy and my eyes started to lose focus.

 

I tried my best to look at Yuri. I sloppily pulled his face close again and tried my best to say what I’ve always wanted to but before I could open my mouth, I was already gone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

Author's Notes

I know I promised to finish this before May ended but I had to take my laptop in for a repair. I just got it back now. Anyways, we may have at least 3 more chapters. I'm saying may because I'm thinking about just dumping it all at once. Idk really. 

 

Thank you for the support everyone. 

-ymllama