Chapter 3

More than the heart can carry

The shoulder strap to her backpack was tightly held in her hand, in her other hand had she the music sheet she had gotten a few days ago. Her eyes focused forward, ignoring the students that she passed by in the hallway. Or, at least tried to ignore them. The students that was hanging in the hallway didn’t do much though, it was only the students that had early classes that were there, and most of them were too tired to do anything.

Taeyeon held back a yawn that had been about to escape her lips. She had been practicing at Sunny’s place the day before, and time had ticked away and it had gotten later than what the two friends had intended. Even though Sunny had offered Taeyeon to stay overnight the brunette had wanted to get home. It was enough that Sunny let her practice at her place; she didn’t want to bother the girl more than that.


When she finally arrived at her music classroom she noticed the other students were standing outside. She quickly figured out the teacher hadn’t arrived yet and she took a spot by the wall and leaned against it. Her eyes looked at all the different students in the class, none of them was from her own, and it’s mostly because this class was optional. Only the students that were really interested in music took this class. There was also an age difference among the students in the class. Some of them were one grade under her, and some of them were one grade above her.


She noticed some of the students started to gather their bags and went towards the door. She looked to her right and noticed the music teacher was on his way. He had one cup of coffee in one hand and carried a folder in the other. He glanced at Taeyeon as he went past her but didn’t say anything and went up to his other students and greeted them with a ‘good morning!’. Taeyeon didn’t bother about it; after all, her morning wasn’t that good.

Taeyeon let the other students enter the classroom and she entered last. Once she was inside she found a seat by a window in the room and she made her way towards it.

“Taeyeon!” Her music teacher’s voice made her stop in her tracks and she looked at the man that stood in front of the whiteboard.

“You can go and practice right away. Take a guitar with you and go to that room you always sit in.” The teacher told her before she even had been able to sit down. Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and looked around at the rest of the students; all of them had managed to take a seat before the teacher could stop any of them.

“What about that new student you told me you’d pair me up with?” Taeyeon asked and looked back at the teacher.

“Don’t worry. She’ll probably be here soon, and I’ll show her where you are when she gets here.” The teacher said and waved his hand like he was trying to swat away a fly.

A frown appeared on Taeyeon’s lips and she turned around and made her way towards the wall with the acoustic guitars. Two male students she passed by looked her way but she ignored them and grabbed one guitar and made her way out of the classroom. Anger was boiling inside of her and she felt like smashing the instrument against the floor to relive her some of the emotions boiling inside of her.

When she was inside the small room she placed the guitar on the table and plopped down on a chair. A sigh escaped her lips and she glared at the instrument on the table. All her desire to play went down the drain and all she felt like doing was going back home and sleep. But she knew she couldn’t, the teacher would get furious, and it wasn’t fair for the new student if she showed up and her partner wasn’t there.

Taeyeon sighed once more and grabbed the instrument. She figured she could warm up while she waited for the other girl to show up. She started off by playing a few chords, tuning the guitar when she heard some of the strings didn’t sounds right and continued off by playing a small melody. She hummed along to it and bopped her head to the beat.

Her hands stopped playing and she instead took out her phone from her pocket. She opened the music library and searched for a song. Finding something that she liked she placed the phone on the table and hit play.

A piano melody filled the room. Taeyeon listened intently to the song before she stopped it again. She played a bit on the guitar, her eyebrows furrowed and she played the part on her phone again. Hearing what she had played wrong she paused the song again and tried to play it on the guitar again.

She continued that pattern until she had gotten down the intro of the song. Satisfied with her accomplishment she nodded satisfied and played along to the intro when it played. When she reached the end of it she stopped playing and looked up at the door of the room. Her eyes slightly widened when she realized she was no longer alone in the room.

By the door stood a brunette girl with a handbag swung over her shoulder. A smile was on the girl’s lips as she now walked closer to Taeyeon and took a seat opposite the girl. Not sure who this girl was Taeyeon stayed quiet and observed the girl as she placed her bag on the table and crossed her legs before letting her eyes fall on the girl in front of her. A smirk graced the girl’s lips, which made Taeyeon feel uncomfortable under her gaze.

“So, you’re going to be my duo partner I suppose?” The girl said and glanced at her bag before she looked towards Taeyeon again.

Still a bit speechless due to the embarrassment upon having a stranger listening to her while she played Taeyeon only nodded her head in answer.

“Well, I feel a bit relieved as I can see you can handle that instrument.” The girl said and nodded towards the guitar in Taeyeon’s lap. Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just averted her gaze to the floor. “How long have you been playing?” The girl asked and placed her elbow on her knee and propped her chin in her palm.

“Five years.” Taeyeon answered and only glanced at the girl in front of her. The girl nodded her head and looked at the music sheet that was on the table.

“Is this the song we’re learning?” The girl asked and looked at Taeyeon. The latter nodded her head in answer once again.

“Alright, let’s find the right pitch. Can you play for me?” The girl asked and leaned back in her seat. She grabbed the music sheet and held it in front of her. Taeyeon blinked confused upon the request and looked at the girl to the music sheet in the girl’s hands.

“Aren’t you going to warm up first?” Taeyeon asked.

“What?” The girl looked at Taeyeon with a raised eyebrow.

“Vocal warm-ups. It’s necessary if you’re going to sing.” Taeyeon explained.

The girl began to laugh and she shook her head at Taeyeon’s comment. “Oh, you’re cute. No, I don’t need to do that. It’s stupid.” The girl said and focused on the music sheet again. Taeyeon blinked confused as she was used to singers doing some kind of warm-up before singing, but she didn’t want to argue with this girl and went on with playing the song.

The girl didn’t sing and just furrowed her eyebrows. Taeyeon continued to play until the last note and stopped and looked at the girl that tilted her head to the side.

“Do you perhaps play any other instrument?” The girl asked and looked at Taeyeon.

“Uhm, I can play a bit piano but I’m not as good at it as I am with the guitar.” Taeyeon said. The girl nodded her head and placed the music sheet on the table.

“You see, I’m not used to sing with acoustic guitar.” The girl said and glanced at the guitar in Taeyeon’s lap. Taeyeon automatically put her hand over the instrument like the girl had just insulted it.

“Well…” Taeyeon scratched the back of her neck and looked down on the floor. “The teacher told me to learn to play it on guitar.” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, it’s probably because he doesn’t even know you can play the piano.” The girl assured her.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just furrowed her eyebrows. Had this girl even spoken with the music teacher before coming here? She was pretty sure the music teacher wouldn’t change his mind about her playing the guitar. Besides, it would require him to actually help her out a bit as she wasn’t that good with playing the piano.

“I’m not sure I want to play the piano...” Taeyeon said and scratched the back of her head. “I’m more comfortable playing the guitar.”

“Oh,” The girl looked disappointed to the side. Taeyeon, not sure what to do, let her fingers softly play a melody on the guitar as she tried to think of a solution to the problem at hand. She bit her lower lip, looked at the girl opposite her, averted her gaze to the sheet of paper and then down to her lap where she let her eyes focus as the room was filled with the sound from the guitar.

“Can’t you try to sing to a guitar? It’s not that difficult.” Taeyeon said. “It’s the same like every other instrument.”

“Do you sing?” The girl asked back.

Caught off guard by the question Taeyeon stopped playing. She opened and closed and blinked shocked. She looked awkwardly down to the floor, biting her lower lip before she looked up at the other girl again.

“I prefer playing instruments.” Taeyeon said.

“Then you can’t help me with singing.” The girl sighed and looked towards the wall.

Taeyeon kept mum and looked down on the floor as she felt staring at the girl wouldn’t make her sing. She watched her feet move awkwardly until she got bored and looked at the music sheet again. Heaving a sigh as she thought they would come nowhere like this she grabbed the music sheet and held it towards the girl.

“I’ll hum the song and you can try to sing when you think you can.” Taeyeon said and hoped the compromise would work. The girl looked at the music sheet and then up at Taeyeon that looked firmly at her.

When Taeyeon saw the girl grab the music sheet she slumped her shoulders and refrained from sighed out of relief. If this worked it meant she didn’t have to go to the music teacher to ask what to do in this situation, which also meant she could spare herself from seeing the music teacher’s annoyed look he always gave her when she asked for any kind of help. The more she could do things on her own the better.

Seeing the girl’s eyes was on the music sheet Taeyeon began to play the song and tried to hum the lyrics the best she could. She continued to play the song over and over again until the girl finally began to quietly sing along. Hearing the girl seemed to have gotten used to it Taeyeon stopped humming and encouraged the girl to sing louder, which she began to do. A smile formed on the girl’s lips and she began singing with more confident the more she sang. Relieved to see her plan worked Taeyeon continued to play without feeling worried about having to get help from an unhelpful teacher.

Their practice session got interrupted when they heard knockings on the door to the room. Taeyeon instantly stopped playing and the girl stopped singing as they both turned around towards the door. The door opened and a guy Taeyeon recognized as one of the students in the music class came in.

“The class is over.” He told them and left before any of them had the chance to say anything.

They turned back to each other after he had left. The girl chuckled and picked up her bag and stood up from her seat. She stopped and looked down at the music sheet she still had in her hand.

“Is it okay if I take this?” The girl asked and looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon nodded her head and watched as the girl put the music sheet in her bag and made her way towards the door. She stopped there and turned around towards Taeyeon again.

“I’m Narsha by the way.” The girl said.

“Taeyeon.” Taeyeon told her name. A smile formed on Narsha’s lips and she brushed a few hair strands behind her hair.

“See you next week, Taeyeon.” Narsha said and left.

Taeyeon turned back to the guitar. Not thinking much about what had happened she took the guitar and left for the music room to leave it there. When she canned the hallway she noticed Narsha was gone. She turned back to the music classroom door and went there, not thinking much more about the girl.

When she entered the room she noticed the teacher was in the middle of a conversation with another girl from the class. She bowed towards him before she went to hang up the guitar on the wall and turned around to leave. To her relief he didn’t say or ask her anything.



---



Taeyeon arrived at the classroom her next class would be. She noticed some of her classmates had already arrived. None of them greeted her, but then, she didn’t greet them either. She slowed down in her pace when she noticed Tiffany was standing by a group of girls. The other girl looked at her but didn’t say anything and turned back to the girl beside her and started to talk to her.  

Taeyeon slumped her shoulders and continued to walk past Tiffany and the group of girls. When she had gotten away from her classmates she stopped and leaned against the wall. A sigh escaped her lips and she fished up her phone from her pocket. She opened her text message conversations and found the name of the person she wanted to get a hold of and quickly typed the message she wanted to send.

Seeing the message had been sent she looked up and noticed a guy was standing opposite her, leaning against the other wall. The guy had a comic magazine in his hand and looked like he was immersed in that. Taeyeon turned her head towards her classmates, saw some guys in her class joking around, none of them seemed like they had noticed the guy standing here.

Taeyeon looked back at the guy, observed his pose, his expression and what he was wearing. The guy looked like he was slumping, almost like he wanted to slip through the wall and disappear. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed, not in concentration, but something that looked like anxiety. She also noted that his clothes were a bit too small. Her head turned towards her other classmates before she turned back to the guy again. She straightened up in her pose and pushed herself away from the wall and slowly made her way to the boy.

“Hey,” She said and saw the guy looking startled up from the comic he was reading. Afraid she would frighten the guy she stopped in her tracks, slumped her shoulders so she wouldn’t look threatening and managed to bring out a smile.

“What are you reading?” She asked and nodded towards the comic magazine in his hands.

The guy blinked shocked and slowly looked down on the magazine in his hands like he had just realized he was reading. He looked up at her again, a sweat drop rolling down the side of his face.

“Sp-s-s-s-“ He began stuttering when he tried to answer her question. When he didn’t manage to get the words out of his mouth he turned the front towards Taeyeon. Taeyeon read the title and nodded her head.

“Cool, do you like it?” She asked and leaned against the wall beside him. He nodded his head and she smiled. When she looked towards her classmates directions she noticed she had gotten Tiffany’s attention. Her eyes met the other girl’s but she quickly looked away.  Taeyeon frowned as she continued to look at the other girl that now had turned her focus to the group of girl’s.

A low mumble beside her made her turn back to the guy. She looked questioning at him as she hadn’t heard what he said. The guy looked flustered and he bent his head down in embarrassment. Feeling bad for him Taeyeon looked towards the other wall. She started to regret striking up a conversation with him as it seemed like he suffered more from it than if he had been left alone.

“Are you and Tiffany still friends?” Taeyeon finally heard what the guy asked. She glanced at him before she looked towards the girl he had asked about. A small sigh escaped her lips and she shrugged her shoulders and averted her gaze back to the wall.

“Who knows what we are now.” Taeyeon replied. She felt the guy looking at him, and she could guess it was out of confusion, but she didn’t feel like explaining and remained silent.

She heard that her classmates started greeting someone which made her turn her attention towards them. Seeing her teacher was on his way Taeyeon left her spot by the wall; greeting the teacher that went past her, and stopped in her tracks as she felt Tiffany’s eyes on her. This time Taeyeon didn’t bother about the girl and was the first one to turn away. She knew that this would probably not solve her problem with the girl, but she was just too tired to think of things she could do to make up for what she had done.



---



The bell for lunch break rang and all the students in the classroom started to stand up from their seats and make their way out of the classroom. Not seeing the point in hurry out Taeyeon took her time and slowly made her way out of the classroom, resulting in her being the last one to leave.

Standing in the hallway she looked to her right and saw her classmates making their way towards the cafeteria. Not feeling hungry Taeyeon turned to her left and tried to find a place where she could be alone, and if possible, in silence.

Finding a place to be alone wasn’t that difficult. Most students were in the cafeteria, or near the cafeteria as all of them were probably eating. Taeyeon found a spot between a locker and the wall where she took a seat on the floor. She leaned against the wall, stretched out her legs and placed her arms over her stomach. It would do as she thought the other students would probably come soon and she would no longer be alone.

A sigh left her lips and she took out her phone and earphones. She plugged in the earphones in the phone and put them in her ear before she found a playlist she started to play. A sigh of relief escaped her lips and she leaned her head against the wall and closed her eyes. Her mind trying to forget about Tiffany that wouldn’t talk to her, her mother that had all kind of different demands, her father that mistreated her sister, and the music teacher that never thought she was good enough.

She quickly felt that music couldn’t get her mind off of things. She was instead thinking about them more than she wanted to. Another sigh left her lips and she slumped her shoulders and picked up her phone. She knew she had some kind of games on the device and she thought she could use that to get her mind to focus on something else.

Finding a game she quickly got immersed in she continued to play that. Her thoughts about family, friends and teachers left her mind and she only focused on getting this monkey to its destination while collecting as much bananas as she could.

A tap on her shoulder made her snap out of her focus on the game and turn around. Seeing the blonde girl that leaned against the locker made her shocked, but she could feel that it wasn’t showing on her face. Not a single muscle had moved as she looked at the girl Tiffany had been hanging with for these past days. She noticed she was motioning for her to take out her earphones, and she did. A smile graced the girl’s lips when she had complied with her request.

“Hey, are you busy?” The girl asked. Taeyeon’s eyebrows furrowed upon the question. She looked behind the girl and noticed there was no sight of Tiffany or her blonde friend. Hyoyeon, Taeyeon think was the other blonde’s name.

“Uhm, no.” Taeyeon said and looked back at the blonde girl. A smile appeared on the blonde’s lips and she put her hands inside her jacket pocket.

“Can you maybe come with me for a smoke? I hate being alone.” She asked. Taeyeon blinked surprised and looked down at her phone. She had only played games up until now. So technically she wasn’t doing anything important.

“Sure,” She answered and got up from her seat on the floor. She could see the blonde girl looked happy upon agreeing in coming with her. When she was up on her two feet they began moving towards the school buildings exit.

Taeyeon glanced at the blonde girl. She looked down at the pockets the girl had her hands inside. Taeyeon made a quick assumption a cigarette packet was inside the left one, because from what it looked like, her phone was inside her jeans pocket, and in the other jacket pocket it looked like a wallet was inside. Or that was what Taeyeon thought it looked like.

But the problem was that Tiffany was hanging with this girl. Taeyeon’s eyebrows furrowed upon wonder. She knew Tiffany hated smokers. She could remember that one time she and Sunny had confessed they had started smoking to the girl and she had punched both of them and forced them to quit, and they had. She had also forced them to promise to never start again, which they had. However, Taeyeon knew that she had had taken a smoke now and then since that time, Sunny too. But that’s a secret that Tiffany would never know.

So why was Tiffany hanging with this girl that smokes? Taeyeon thought about it for a while as they exited the school building and began moving towards the outskirts of the school campus. Maybe Tiffany didn’t care as much about this girl as she did with her and Sunny? After all, Tiffany had been talking about all the risks of smoking with them after she had made them quit. Like Taeyeon and Sunny didn’t already know that.

But why let this girl smoke? Taeyeon thought and glanced at the blonde girl. It could be that Tiffany didn’t care as much about her. But Taeyeon also had a feeling that this girl, even though she didn’t know her, wouldn’t care if someone told her to quit smoking. No matter if it’s a close friend or a family member. That’s the kind of girl she thought she was.  A girl that just do what she wants and doesn’t give a about what anyone else tells her to do.

They reached a tree that was outside of the school area, but still not too far away. The girl stopped by the tree and Taeyeon did the same. The girl took out a cigarette packet and a lighter from the left pocket she had been having her hand inside. She put one cigarette in and held out the packet towards Taeyeon. Taeyeon shook her head no and the girl put it back in her pocket and lit the cigarette in and put the lighter inside her pocket as well.

“Hyoyeon usually comes with me here, but she’s not in school today.” The blonde girl explained. Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just nodded her head.

“Tiffany usually would come with me if I ask her, but I can tell she doesn’t like it very much.” She said and laughed. Taeyeon didn’t say anything and just watched as the girl inhaled the tobacco smoke from the cigarette and blew it out.

Taeyeon looked away from the girl and noticed two girls that were walking on the road beside the tree. She focused on them while she thought up a reason for this girl to ask her to come with her. The girl had classmates, she could have asked them. There were also a lot of other smokers in the school; she could have asked one of them to come with her. Taeyeon was sure they would have been delighted to go and take a smoke. So why her out of all the students in the school?

“You and Tiff are close, right?” The question made Taeyeon turn back to the girl. She stayed silent and thought about an answer for the question. She knew what she should be answering, but she wasn’t sure what this girl was looking for. Her eyebrows furrowed and she looked away from the girl’s eyes.

“We were close.” Taeyeon said and looked out at the road again. A man was walking his dog and Taeyeon let her gaze focus on that instead.

“Why aren’t you close now?” The blonde girl asked and tilted her head to the side. Taeyeon looked back at her. Haven’t Tiffany told this girl anything? She figured Tiffany must have told her something when the girl had asked if she and Tiffany were close, but nothing more than that?

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon answered and looked away from the girl.

“Why?”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows when she felt it was getting annoying to answer this girl’s questions. When she sent her an annoyed look she saw the girl didn’t falter, and she didn’t look like she would apologize or take back her question either. Like Taeyeon thought, this girl doesn’t give a damn about what other people think or want.

“You’re saying that you aren’t close, yet you don’t know why you aren’t close. I think you should know. There must have been something that made you distant.” The blonde girl explained.

Taeyeon’s expression softened, she looked away from the girl and out on the road again. She didn’t think the girl would come with that. What’s frustrating now is that the girl had a point.

“We don’t talk as much as we did before.” Taeyeon said without looking at the girl. She waited for the girl to say something, she saw smoke the girl had blew out fly by and disappear into thin air.

“Why don’t you talk then?”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. She wanted to talk. Tiffany didn’t want to talk. If she tried to talk to the girl she would hit her and throw things at her. But then that’s just how Tiffany communicates. It’s her way of saying “I don’t like what you’ve done. I care about you. I don’t know how to express it in words that’s why I’ll give you a sore arm.”. Taeyeon knew, but that kind of communication wouldn’t let her express the things she wants without being afraid of getting hit. But then, she didn’t mind Tiffany hitting her. It didn’t hurt. It was more annoying as she thought violence isn’t the thing that will make you talk.

“It’s difficult talking to someone that doesn’t want to listen to you.” Taeyeon said and looked at the blonde girl.

“Hmm…” The blonde girl let go of the cigarette bud and watched as it fell to the ground. She put her foot over it before she looked up at Taeyeon again. “Talk. I’m sure she’s listening, and even if it doesn’t look like it when you’re talking, I’m sure she will think about what you’ve said later on.” The blonde said.

Taeyeon didn’t say anything and thought about the girl’s advice. It was kind of true, and she didn’t see what she could lose by doing it. Maybe some time. But she was sure it could pay off.  

“When is your class starting?” The blonde girl asked and took out her phone and looked down at it. Taeyeon did the same and checked the time.

“In five minutes.” Taeyeon said and looked up at the girl.

“We better get going. I’m already five minutes late for my class. Can’t have you being late as well.”  She said and began walking towards the school again. On her way she took out a packet of chewing gum and put one in , she offered Taeyeon some but Taeyeon declined. The girl had already given her enough for today.



---



A tired sigh left Taeyeon’s lips when her last class was over. She stretched her arms above her head before she started putting her books in her backpack. While she was doing her task she felt the person in the seat beside her stand up and make her way towards the door of the classroom. Taeyeon looked up at the girl, hoping for her to drop her cold act, but seeing Tiffany only stopped to say goodbye to some of their classmates Taeyeon lowered her head, her hope crushed.

She stopped mid-air with her math book and thought about what the blonde girl had told her earlier that day. The problem with that was Taeyeon needed to find a good time to talk to Tiffany, and Tiffany almost always having friends around her was kind of hard to approach. Considering the fact that Taeyeon doesn’t want to talk in front of Tiffany and her friends. It wouldn’t make it easier for her to talk, and she would just be embarrassed about it

A sigh left her lips and she put the math book inside her backpack. She knew she had to get Tiffany to some place where they could speak privately, but how to get Tiffany there was another task. Asking the girl would be the best, but that didn’t ensure her of that Tiffany would actually comply with it.

Immersed in her thoughts about how to break down the wall between her and Tiffany again Taeyeon didn’t notice someone approaching her. It wasn’t until her eyes caught the sight of legs and an abdominal that she raised her head up and caught the sight of a short haired blonde girl. The girl smiled at her and waved. When Taeyeon showed how shocked she was the girl began to laugh.

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked and looked around the classroom. She noticed she was the only one left, and so she turned back to the girl that fished out a paper from her jeans back pocket.

“You asked me for this.” Sunny said and held the paper towards Taeyeon. Looking to see what it was, Taeyeon remembered the text message she had sent Sunny earlier that day.

“Oh, thanks. I totally forgot about it.” Taeyeon said and grabbed the music sheet of the song she had been assigned to learn.

“No problem. But what happened to the music sheet you had?” Sunny asked and followed Taeyeon as the girl began to walk out of the classroom.

“I gave it to the girl I got paired up with.” Taeyeon said and shrugged her shoulders.

“Oh, what kind of girl is she?”

“I don’t know. Someone that doesn’t want to do vocal warm-ups.”

“And she’s singing?”

“Uhu.”

Sunny burst out laughing which made Taeyeon turn to the girl with an amused expression on her face. The blonde stopped laughing and looked at Taeyeon with a smile. She shook her head and chuckled as she and Taeyeon exited the school building.

“Of course you would be paired up with someone like that!” Sunny said and playfully hit Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“I know. It’s just my luck!” Taeyeon exclaimed.

“Yeah, like you don’t have enough to deal with.” Sunny said.

Taeyeon’s smile faded as all thoughts about Tiffany and other problems came back. Her composure sagged and the blonde girl quickly noticed the change in mood in the other girl. Looking apologetically at the brunette girl, Sunny patted Taeyeon’s back but Taeyeon’s mood didn’t seem to change.

“Don’t you have lectures today?” Taeyeon asked the other girl as she felt it was strange for Sunny to come to her school.

“I had in the morning. But now I’m pretty much free.” Sunny said and put her hands in her pocket. Taeyeon nodded her head and turned her head right to make sure a car wouldn’t hit her or Sunny before she crossed the road.

“I have to study.” Taeyeon said and frowned.

“If you want a place to study in peace my door is open.” Sunny said and smiled at the girl. Taeyeon turned to the short haired blondie and nodded her head.

“Thanks, I’ll text you if I come over.” Taeyeon said. Sunny smiled and put her arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders, gave the girl a small hug, and released her when she noticed they had reached the place they would have to part ways.

“You know where I live.” Sunny said and pointed at the brunette girl as Taeyeon began walking towards her home.

“I know.” Taeyeon said and waved towards the other girl. She saw Sunny wave back before she also turned and made her way towards her home. A sigh left her lips and she turned her head towards the direction she was walking.



---



The door to the apartment closed behind her, a sigh escaped her lips and she removed her sneakers before making her way towards her bedroom. She glanced towards the living room only to catch the sight of her mother, sleeping on the armchair. Another sigh escaped her lips and she made her way into the living room, placing her backpack on the floor as she grabbed a blanket that was lying on the couch.

When she got closer to the woman that had given birth to her she caught a glimpse of a bottle beside the armchair. Seeing the almost empty wine bottle Taeyeon frowned and looked at the woman that had her head bent to the side, slightly opened, and low snores that came out of it. Ignoring the fact that her mother had passed out due to the alcohol she had consumed Taeyeon covered the woman with the blanket, and left for her room once again.

She entered her room and closed the door behind her. She knew that she would get to study in peace now when her mother was asleep, but she also knew she couldn’t play guitar as it would wake up the woman, and most probably annoy her and cause an argument to start. Something Taeyeon didn’t want to deal with.

Remembering she had to study she opened her backpack, and placed the books she had inside beside her laptop on her desk. She let her now, almost empty backpack fall down to the floor as she took a seat on the desk chair and opened her laptop, turning it on and leaned back in her chair.

She stared at the laptop screen for a few seconds. Her eyes glanced at the pile of books beside it, seeing them she heaved a tired sigh and leaned back further in the desk chair and let her fingers hover above the keyboard. She begun typing and her eyes focused on the words that was forming in the search bar. When the full word was written she pressed enter and saw the white and blue colors of the site that had popped up. Without thinking more about it she wrote her e-mail address and password and saw she had logged in on the site.

The “what’s on your mind?” text greeted her. She frowned upon the text and began scrolling down. She noticed that she had gotten 14 messages; she figured most of them must have been from Tiffany when she had been away. She also noticed she had one friend request. Her left eyebrow raised and she clicked on the icon to see who had sent it. Her eyes blinked upon seeing the familiar face, but the not so familiar name.

Jessica Jung Sooyeon.

She blinked when she realized she now had found out the name of Tiffany’s blonde friend she somehow had ended up joining when she had taken a smoke that day. It also made her realize she hadn’t known her name until now. But what confused her more was how Jessica had found out about her name. Her eyebrows furrowed as she continued to stare at Jessica’s profile picture. The girl was really strange, maybe because she was in fact a stranger to her still.

Thinking the girl wouldn’t hurt her or give her problems she clicked the accept button and went up to the red x button at the top right of the page and closed it down. She grabbed the book on the top of the pile next to the laptop and opened it; taking out the work-sheet and she began reading through the questions she had to find answers to in the book.