Chapter 8

The Wedding Planner

Lay could not stop bouncing in his seat. Kris could only glance over to his lover. It has been a week since the phone call with his mother back in Changsha and her scheduled flight is today. Lay was the first to be awake as he cooked breakfast for the both of them. They left the apartment an hour earlier because Lay was too excited. He glanced out of the window as the airport came into view. Kris parked the car at the parking lot and Lay was the first to dash out of the vehicle and into the waiting area. He sat down as he not so quietly kept a look out for the familiar female figure.

 

“You should calm down, Yixing.” Kris said.

 

“But I can't, Fan! This is my mother I am talking about! She is my most precious person ever!” Lay replied.

 

“But Xing baby, you're pregnant! I don't want my baby to be hurt. Remember that the doctor said that you're at your most fragile during your first month right?” Kris said.

 

Lay blushed when he felt Kris pulling him close by his waist. He blushed more when he thought of the endearment that Kris has started using. Since the time they moved in together, they decided that it would be better if they were to address one another by their given name. Kris then used 'Xing baby' more often than not and it never fails to make his heart flutters and his tummy doing flips. Lay relaxed into his lover's hold as he realised that the other had a point. He has to take extra care of his body since he is at his first month. He definitely does not want to lose this child. They sat that way for a little while more when the board showed that the flight from China has safely landed. Lay jumped up out of Kris' hold as he skipped over to the gates getting a glimpse of his beloved mother. Kris ran over to where his lover stood mumbling something about Lay never realised that he is pregnant.

 

A fragile looking elderly woman came into view with a scarf wrapping all the way to her lips. Kris noted how she looks like Lay whenever he has a cold and he thanked her for giving him her genes. Lay's eyes lightened up when he sees her walking over to her.

 

MAMA!” Lay shrieked as he pulled the woman in a bone-crushing hug.

 

She returned the gesture as she glanced over a Kris who only smiled at her in return. Once Lay released her from the hug, he peppered her with kisses. Once he was satisfied with it, he gestured for Kris to formally introduce them. “Mama, this is Kris Wu Yifan. My 16 months long boyfriend and the father to my baby,” Lay introduced.

 

Kris looked confused at his lover because Lay was never one to introduce him that way. He always gets shy whenever Kris' does that. “Yifan. Just call me Yifan.” Kris replied as he took a hand in a handshake.

 

Its nice to finally see you, Yifan ah,” Mrs Zhang said. “And the both of you don't have to worry because I learnt a little bit of Hangul,” She said.

 

Really mama?!” Lay exclaimed.

 

Now, why don't we bring you back to our apartment and Yixing can ask you more.” Kris said politely as he took her belongings and placed it in his car. “Oh. And if you don't mind, Mrs Zhang, we have planned a dinner together with two of our friends.” Kris asked.

 

No, I don't mind that. And Yifan? Call me mama from today onwards,” Mrs Zhang said which caused the couple to blush.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The moment they arrived at the apartment, Lay was quick to tour his mother around it. He let her used the extra guest room that they initially planned it for the baby. Lay clung onto his mother the whole of that afternoon as he shared with her all the things that she missed when they were separated. Mrs Zhang heart swelled as she watched how happy her son with his current life now. She took note how Lay was not using his wedding band anymore. She knew really well that her son has moved on, however, both of them knew that they can never run away from the fact that Li Han is still legally married to Lay. She knew that Kris does not know of Lay's relationship with Li Han. How is she going to reveal about Li Han's real intentions?

 

Kris broke Mrs Zhang's train of thoughts as he announced that it is time to prepare dinner for their guest. Lay whined in his mother's hold because he does not want to prepare dinner and spend more time with his mother. She could only laugh when she sees how her son has gotten so clingy to her the moment they arrived. The hormones maybe? She got up as she made her way to the kitchen to prepare some of the popular Changsha dishes. Lay jumped in joy when he found out that his mother is going to prepare his favourite dishes. Kris was fast to tell Lay to stop jumping around because their baby is still fragile.

 

The couple sat at the kitchen counter as they watched Mrs Zhang whipped up a feast for the six of them (if you were to include their baby). She used this opportunity to share with Kris more about Lay's childhood. What was he like as a child. How he was well-known there for his interest in designing and dancing. How most people envy her because she has one of the most loyal son that one could ask for. Mrs Zhang, however, made it a point to leave out most about Lay's high school life because Li Han played a huge role in it. She was cut short when they heard constant knocking on the apartment door.

 

“It has to be Baekhyun and Chanyeol,” Kris mumbled as he excused himself to open the door. Kris did not have the time to explain to Baekhyun that Lay's mother is living with them now before the smaller boy ran in and hugged Lay tightly.

 

Dinner wasn't spent awkwardly, much to Kris' surprise. Chanyeol and Baekhyun talked a lot with Mrs Zhang, much to the Chinese couple's surprise. They did not realise that the other two were actually fluent in Mandarin and they got along just fine with Mrs Zhang. The older woman has taken a liking to both Baekhyun and Chanyeol and labelled them as an adorable pair. Kris has to admit that he is little annoyed to know that they got along well with his future mother-in-law. That was supposed to be him.

 

Once the dishes are done and all the five of them are seated in the living room, Kris and Lay took this opportunity to share this happy news with their other two friends. They stood at the front, with Kris' hand wrapped around Lay's waist and spoke, “We are expecting our first child,”

 

Lay smiled as he reached up to peck Kris on the cheeks. Both Chanyeol and Baekhyun had their mouths wide open because the last time they met, Kris was complaining about Lay not wanting not have with him and they knew really well that Lay is still legally married.

 

“Oh My God! How? How far along are you?” Chanyeol was the one who broke the defeaning silence.

 

“Four weeks,” Lay replied with a smile.

 

“Congratulations!” Chanyeol exclaimed. “Me and Baekhyun has something to say--”

 

“Hold up, guys! You're not married and you're expecting?! Isn't that child out of wedlock?! You know how unethical is that?!” Baekhyun shrieked.

 

“I don't need your sass here, Baek,” Lay huffed as he sat back down next to his mother.

 

“Well, that's not the point, Baek. But guys, we're expecting too. Baekhyun is at his third week,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Well, that explains his sass,” Kris mumbled. “Congratulations to us then,” He continued.

 

 

 


 

 

 

The next morning, Lay woke with an empty space. He frowned when he realised that his lover is not by his side once again that morning. Kris would always made it a point to leave bed earlier than him because of his morning sickness. Sometimes, he would come in with breakfast prepared but not this time. Lay slipped his feet into the bedroom slippers that Kris bought for them the day they moved in. He walked to the living room to see his mother preparing breakfast for him and Kris halfway through the door. He dashed towards the taller male and clung to him like a koala. Kris smiled as he ruffled the other's hair.

 

“Why did you leave me alone in bed?” Lay whined.

 

“Because I had to. I have work to do. Mama will be with you while I am away okay,” Kris said as he kissed Lay on the lips.

 

Lay responded to the kiss but Kris was the first one to pull away, “We are not going to make out with mama around. I need to go to work. See you tonight, baby. I love you.” Kris said as he walked to the lift lobby.

 

After bidding his lover goodbye, Lay walked back into their apartment. He went over to his mother and hugged her from behind. Mrs Zhang could only smile watching how clingy her son got since the time she came to live with them. She was also the first one that Lay turned to whenever he got over his morning sickness. She would prepare for him soup to ease the nausea feeling and she would wrap her son up in blankets when the younger fell asleep on the couch. Both Mrs Zhang and Kris were the ones who suggested that he should be taking a month break from his wedding planning assignments.

 

Once they were done with breakfast, the mother and son pair sat down together watching reruns of Lay's favourite dramas. Lay snuggled up to Mrs Zhang's side as she his hair gently. “Yixing-ah. Can mama ask you something?” Mrs Zhang voice broke the silence.

 

Does Yifan knows about Li Han?” She asked softly as she felt her son tensing on her lap.

 

No, mama. Why?” He asked.

 

Don't you think he has the right to? He has the right to know about your past. What you went through,” Mrs Zhang explained.

 

I am not ready to mama. I mean yes, he has to know about it but I am scared about what he would do when he finds out that I am still legally married,” Lay explained.

 

Its okay, honey. Take your time. Just don't do it before its too late,Mrs Zhang said as she gathered her son into her arms once again praying for their safety.

 

 

 

 

A/N: slowly, you guys will see Li Han more often. please don't hate on him yet because he has issues. some serious issues. oh and the way Kris has his hand on Lay's back was how i imagined the announcement look like. and aren't these babies adorable? *.*

 

enjoy!


Let us all continue praying for South Korea. #PrayForSouthKorea.



xoxo