Chapter 7

The Wedding Planner

A/N: italics are words said in Chinese or situated in Changsha. ^^

 

Since the first time they made love, they have been going at it almost everyday. There were days that Lay had to skip work because he was sore and he could not get out of bed. Kris, however, have been nothing but sweet. He massages Lay's back when he was aching all over and sometimes, he would offer to do the household chores.

 

The next morning after their session of love making, Lay woke with the sun shining through their room's window. He felt Kris' body heat close to his as he turned to face the latter. He came face to face with Kris' toned chest and also the hickeys that he left on him. He blushed unconsciously as he remembered how he moaned shamelessly as Kris slammed into him over and over again. It got him thinking how did he manage to finally give in to Kris when he asked if they could make love. It even made him feel better; safer in fact whenever he is in Kris' arms. All his insecurities about his past forgotten. But he never got around to telling Kris about his past.

 

He drew circles onto his lover's chest softly as he does not want to wake the other up from his deep slumber. Lay also took this time to admire Kris' facial features. From his defined jawline to his sharp nose, Lay made sure that he remembered every detail of it. Because he doesn't want this moment to end. His stomach, however, decides that it is the right time for him to throw up last night's dinner. Lay threw the blanket off his body and dashed to the toilet. Lay wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as he laid his head on his other arm. He hasn't felt this horrible in years. Kris, who heard Lay puking his guts out, ran over to where his lover was hunched over. He was about to ask the other if he's fine but Lay vomited once again.

 

Kris instinctively rubbed the other's back. Lay flushed down the toilet once he was done and slumped against Kris' body. “Are you fine now?” Kris asked.

 

Lay nodded in response as he pushed himself from Kris, “You should get out. The smell is horrible,” Lay said weakly.

 

“Its okay, babe.” Kris said as he smiled down at his boyfriend. “You should get back in bed while I prepare breakfast,” Kris continued as he carried Lay to their bed.

 

 

 


 

 

“Thanks for the cereals,” Lay said as he placed the spoon down onto the tray.

 

Kris smiled as he took the tray back to their kitchen. He dumped everything into the sink as he thought what was wrong with his lover. Lay have been vomiting a lot lately and simple things annoyed him to bits. He took the breakfast as an example; Lay have always liked it if he made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Today, however, Lay rejected the eggs he made. He claimed that the smell makes him giddy. Kris knows that these are definitely not symptoms of a stomach flu – if you combine the mood swings and fatigue. He just couldn't put his finger on what is wrong with his lover. That was when it hit him; they had almost daily for the past month and the possibility for Lay to be pregnant is high. Is Lay pregnant with his child?

 

Kris ran into their room to only see the other on his phone. He sat at the edge of the bed and observed his lover. Yes, Lay have put on weight lately. His face seems to glow lately. Kris lifted Lay's stomach and realises that it feels more tighter than usual. Lay gave his older boyfriend a questioning look.

 

“What are you doing?” He asked as he cocked his eyebrow.

 

“Do you want to visit the doctor?” Kris asked. “I think I know what is wrong with you.” He continued with a smile.

 

 


 

 

Lay smiled as he gazed down at the sonogram that he received from the doctor. He didn't get what his lover meant a few hours ago when he suggested to visit the doctor. Now that he received that sonogram, he understood what the other meant. He is pregnant. He is pregnant with Kris' child. The little bean of life inside of him is a product of both of his and Kris' love. Lay caressed the bump gently as he whispered to it. “Baba will take good care of you. No one will come to harm you. Papa will help us too,” Lay whispered softly.

 

Kris kneeled in front of him as his big warm hand joined his smaller one on the small bump. Lay glanced over at his lover as tears glistened his eyes. Kris gathered him in his arms telling the other that they will go through this together and nothing will break them apart. They walked over to their car and drove off to their now shared apartment. Lay looked out of the window and his mind drifted off to his mother back in Changsha. It has been two years since he left and it has been a week since he last contacted her. The old lady knows about his relationship with Kris and she is supportive of it. Now that he is expecting, Lay sees the need of having her by his side.

 

“Kris?” Lay called out softly to which Kris replied with a hum. “Can I bring my mama over from Changsha to live with us?” He asked.

 

“Sure. Why not, baby? You're pregnant and you obviously need her to be by your side right?” Kris said as he intertwined their fingers together.

 

“Okay. We'll give her a call once we arrived home, okay?” Lay replied as he lay back comfortably to get some beauty sleep.

 

They arrived at their apartment fifteen minutes later. Lay hurriedly got out of the car as he rushed to the lift lobby. The thoughts of calling home got him all excited. Kris could only chuckle looking at his young lover's antics. Its adorable to see Lay getting all excited whenever it comes to things that are related to his mother and hometown. They sat down on the couch with Lay sitting in between Kris' legs and the other had his hands over Lay's belly and his chin rested on his shoulder. The phone rang as they waited for the familiar voice answering.

 

Yixing-ah?” Mrs Zhang answered as she sees the familiar caller ID.

 

Mama!” Lay exclaimed the moment he hears her voice. “How are you, mama? Is everything there alright? No one came looking for me right?” Lay bombarded her with questions and made sure that he did not mention Li Han's name.

 

Yes, darling. Mama is fine. The other kids are fine. The villagers are fine. And no one looked for you, honey. Are you with Kris?” She asked.

 

Yes, mama. Kris is with me. We have some news to share with you,” Lay said happily as Kris' hands find his and intertwined their fingers together.

 

What is it, honey?” Mrs Zhang asked.

 

I am pregnant, mama! With Kris' child! The doctor said that I am at my first month,” Lay said happily as he bounced in his seat.

 

There was silence at the other end of the line. Pregnant? Why is Yixing pregnant? With Kris' child? Isn't he still legally married to Li Han? Why is he doing this? “Really, honey?” Mrs Zhang asked as she tried to shove her worries at the back of her mind.

 

Mmhmm. Me and Kris are thinking of bringing you over to Seoul so that you can look after me while I am pregnant and maybe live with us here in Seoul, forever,” Lay said happily.

 

Mrs Zhang smiled when she remembers Yixing's promise of bringing her over to Seoul when he is successful. “Sure, Yixing-ah! Mama would--” She was cut short as she gasped when she sees the person at the door.

 

Mama? Are you okay?” Lay asked.

 

Yeah, I am fine. Just book a ticket for me at the end of this week and I'll fly over to Seoul,” Mrs Zhang replied as she bade her son goodbye.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Mrs Zhang put down the receiver as she made eye contact with the intruder. The young man looked at her with hatred in his eyes as he got closer to her. “Was that your beloved son, Zhang Yixing?” The said man asked as he towered over the elderly.

 

Yes. He is.” Mrs Zhang replied simply as she was used to the young man barging into her house looking for her son. “Li Han. Stop whatever you're doing now. Leave Yixing alone. Let him live his life. He has all the rights to. When he was by your side, all you ever did was nothing but to break him inside out.” Mrs Zhang said.

 

Li Han let out a soft chuckle as he smashed the beer bottle he had in his hand, moving closer to the elderly woman. “Forget about him?! Forget about him you say?! How can I ing forget about him when he was my first love. He was the first person I fell in love with. He was my everything. Nothing meant more to me than him. That was until he aborted that thing growing in his stomach,” Li Han said as he spat on the ground.

 

He did not abort it! You were the one who caused the abortion! You came home drunk that night. You hit him hard on his stomach and he lost his baby at once!” Mrs Zhang shouted.

 

What are you talking about?! He obviously aborted it on purpose! He doesn't love our baby! He ran away from me to the man he is living with now. I bet they are having another round of wild while we are having a conversation here,” Li Han said as he slumped on the chair, all his energy drained out.

 

Li Han, just stop this. Please. Leave him alone. Leave us alone. He has always wanted to end it since the time you started beating him. You are not in love with him, am I right? You had with different partners every night. You bring them home sometimes,” Mrs Zhang said as she watched the slumped figure.

 

SHUT UP! SHUT UP, YOU STUPID !” Li Han raised his voice as he covered his ears with both of his hands. “You don't know how much I am in love with him. He is my everything. I've always loved him. No one else but him,” Li Han said as he broke down, sobbing.

 

Li han pulled at his hair as he cried his heart out thinking of his beloved, Yixing. He never meant to hit him. But it has always angered him when he remembers that Yixing lost their baby. It angers him even more when he woke up the next morning two years ago to realise that Yixnig has fled with all his belongings. He lived in agony when he realised that he has no one else by his side. Li Han loved Yixing too much.

 

Mama? Are you really going to Seoul?” Li Han as he finally calmed down.

 

Yes,” came Mrs Zhang's reply.

 

Can I come with you?” He asked.

 

Mrs Zhang's heart ached looking at how vulnerable her son-in-law looked but she has no choice to reject him, “I am sorry Li Han. I don't think you can come with me. Yixing doesn't want to do anything with you. He has moved on, son.” Mrs Zhang said as she placed a hand on Li Han's shoulder.

 

Hatred and anger surged through his body as he pushed the older lady away from him. “You won't let me see my Yixing right?! Its okay! Because I have my ways. I will hunt him down and once I find him, I'll make sure that he doesn't feel any happiness because I never felt one before,” Li Han said as he walked out of the house with determination in his eyes.

 

 

 

 

A/N: author's note in the beginning of the chapter always means that something horrible in the chapter and yes it did happen. uh-oh Li Han might hunt our baby Xing down! meh. no worries because Kris would do anything to protect his baby. heh.

and let us together pray for the missing passengers that they will be rescued soon. #PrayforSouthKorea

 

enjoy guys!

 

xoxo