Chapter 1

The Wedding Planner

Lay sighed for the umpteenth time that day. This is his last wedding for the month and it is taking forever to complete. The customer is so demanding. They expect nothing but the best for their wedding. Despite being one of the rising young wedding planners, Lay is still not confident about doing his best. He appeared in the papers twice in just a year being in this business.

 

Time sure passed really fast without one noticing it. It has been a year since he left Changsha. The moment he stepped into Korea, Lay has made a vow that he would change for good. He would put his past behind him. He planned to forget everything that happened between him and Li Han. When he landed in Korea a year ago, he decided to change his name to Lay Zhang. For two reasons one; it makes it easier for the people there to pronounce his name and two; he does not want Li Han to track him all the way to Korea.

 

Lay do admit that he misses home sometimes. He misses home cooked food by either his mama or his grandmother. Sometimes, he would call home to ask how are they doing. It makes him smile knowing that they are doing well and Li Han has not made any move to hunt him down or even threaten his family. Lay already promised both his mama and grandmother that he would be bringing them to Korea once he has earned enough money for the three of them.

 

Weeks after Lay settled himself in Korea and got used to the language – with the help of his new found friend, Baekhyun, of course – he opened up his own business as a wedding planner. It has always been his dream to work as a wedding planner. He never had the opportunity to plan his own wedding but he always wanted to plan someone else's. Seeing the joy in their faces getting their dream wedding planned always made him happy deep down inside. Before he knew it, his boutique became well-known. Lay went through two interviews about his boutique and more customers came rushing in for his services. He was also able to hire more people to work for him too.

 

Lay was taken out of his reverie when there was a knock on his office door. He looked up to see one of his employees with a file in his arms and a couple behind him,”Mr Zhang, the couple you're supposed to meet is here,” she said.

 

Lay stood up from his seat and gestured to the couple to sit on the couch. He took his seat opposite the couple and placed all the files on the table. He revealed some of the plans that he changed for their wedding. The couple had requested on their previous meeting to have a garden wedding instead of a beach wedding – which is popular among young couples. Lay also ensured them that he has already made arrangements for the flowers and the chairs. They would arrive a week before the wedding and the garden would be free from the public as they requested. Lay saw relieved when they said that they are satisfied with the new arrangements. The sound of the bell, signalling that someone has arrived caught their attentions. Lay excused himself to serve the new customer.

 

“Hi Sir. How may I help you?” Lay greeted as the tall blonde averted his attention to Lay.

 

 


 

“Please, hyung! I beg you!” Chanyeol begged with his hands clasped together. “I won't be begging you like this if it don't mean the world to me,” Chanyeol continued.

 

“And why should I?” Kris asked still focusing on his laptop.

 

“Because you're the best hyung in the world!” Chanyeol beamed.

 

“That's unreasonable, Park Chanyeol!” Kris said as he smacked Chanyeol on the head with a roll of paper.

 

“Kris-shi. Don't you think it is a little bit weird for me to be walking into that wedding planner boutique and ask for the owner to plan my wedding?” Chanyeol reasoned.

 

“It isn't weird, you idiot! Its you wedding obviously you have to enter the shop!” Kris said.

 

“But that's besides the point! The thing is the owner, Lay hyung is Baekkie's friend and he knows me really well. I can't possibly walk in and say 'oh hey, I need you to plan my wedding'!” Chanyeol exclaimed.

 

“What's wrong with that?” Kris asked giving Chanyeol his fullest attention.

 

“Because I want it to be surprise!” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Then let that Lay hyung know that it will be a surprise and you don't want Baekhyun to know!” Kris said raising his hand in frustration.

 

“But Lay hyung is forgetful and it would definitely slipped his mind that this should be a secret and tell Baekkie about it!” Chanyeol explained.

 

“What do I get in return for helping you?” Kris asked.

 

“I will give you a year's supply of free lunch!” Chanyeol said earnestly.

 

Kris' face lit up at the sound of free lunch from none other than Park Chanyeol, “Then its a deal! You'll pay for my lunch for this whole year and I'll go over to the wedding planner's boutique,” Kris agreed happily as he stood up taking his coat and car keys from the table.

 

Chanyeol was about to protest – he swore that treating Kris to lunch was something said on impulse – but he was too late. “Well, I think Lay hyung will just be your type of man,” Chanyeol mumbled.

 

“Did you say something?” Kris asked as he wore his coat.

 

“Nothing. Have fun, hyung! I love you!” Chanyeol shouted as he watched Kris walking out of the door.

 

Kris drove to the said well-known boutique in town. He drummed his fingers against the steering wheel as he hummed to the song playing on the radio. It wasn't a really bad idea that he is helping his friend plan his wedding right? It has been a year since Chanyeol proposed to Baekhyun – with Kris' help, of course. And here he is helping the couple once again. It makes Kris wonder why does Chanyeol enjoys surprising Baekhyun.

 

Soon his mind wondered to the incident in the plane a year ago. If today marks one year since Chanyeol proposed to Baekhyun, it would be a year since he first saw his angel. Since the time he saw the Chinese male, Kris can never get his face out of his head. It has been bugging him to look for him. But Kris never found the time to do it. The look in the man's eyes are haunting him. The fear that he sees. It was something that Kris can never get out of his head. Every single day Kris hopes that they would cross paths but they never did.

 

Kris looked up to see the boutique right in front of his eyes. He parked his car in the empty parking lot and went up to the door, “Here goes nothing,” Kris mumbled to himself.

 

The bell of the door chimed indicating the owner that a customer has arrived. Kris looked around the shop to admire the works of this young man who managed to reach the top in just a year. He has to admit that he is impressed with the work produced. Kris was taken out of his reverie when someone cleared his voice and spoke up.

 

“Hi Sir. How may I help you?” The owner greeted.

 

Kris definitely look like a goldfish right now. His mouth hanged open at the sight of the beauty in front of him. There was a lot going through his head. A lot of questions that he don't even know where to start. The person in front of him looked better than he remembered. The bruises and puffy eyes that used to cover his face were not there anymore. But now, it is replaced with beautiful, soft eyes and his lips curved into a small smile. The fear and desperation that he used to remember from a year ago wasn't there anymore. It was like it never been there before. It was replaced with gentle and kind eyes.

 

Kris never believed in fate but this time he might believe in fate. Because fate has brought his angel to be standing in front of him.

 

“Umm, sir?” The man called him again.

 

“Right. Sorry. What were you saying?” Kris asked once again.

 

“I have a client with me right now. If you have any queries, you can actually give me a call,” The man said. “This is my card,” He handed his card over to Kris.

 

Their fingers brushed against each other slightly and Kris felt his heart jumped. His skin is soft to touch and Kris would definitely like it if it is wrapped in his bigger and warmer hands. Kris read the name on the card and smiled. Lay Zhang. It sounds weird but Kris knows that it would sound better if his surname is a Wu. Because Lay Wu sounds better.

 

“Thank you, Lay-shi,” Kris said as he looked up and smiled at Lay memorizing every single features on his face.

 

“You're welcome, Sir. I am looking forward to your call,” Lay said with a smile before walking Kris to the door.