Chapter 14

The Wedding Planner

Lay always thought that Kris has got to be the most romantic person he ever met. However, he never expect Kris to be so considerate of him when it comes to having a romantic dinner together. Kris led him to a dimly lit restaurant that smells like cheese and eggs – something that he could not bear since the time he got pregnant. He was about to protest how he hates the smell but Kris was quick to stop him from doing so when he led them to the balcony overlooking the sea. He was in awe as he admired the surroundings. Kris helped him on his seat as he placed the napkin on his lap and peck him on the cheek. Kris then went over to his side of the table and sat himself down as he watched his pregnant lover looked around them.

 

Kris smiled when Lay finally looked over at him again, “So, how do you like this?” Kris asked.

 

“I like it, Fan! I love it so much! Thank you!” Lay thanked happily. “I thought you were going to make me eat in there with that horrible smell,” Lay pouted.

 

“Why would I do that, baby?” Kris said as he grabbed onto Lay's hand from across the table. “I really wanted to end this night with dinner at this restaurant but I remembered how much you hate the smell. So, I requested for the balcony seat with the sea view,” Kris explained.

 

“Really?! You've got to be the best boyfriend ever,” Lay exclaimed. “Look around us, Peach. Look at where Papa brought us to. Isn't it beautiful, peach? Papa was so considerate on how baba hates the smell of eggs and cheese so he requested for this.” Lay said as he his belly lovingly.

 

They spent dinner together with Lay's constant chattering about how he would want their child to look like and how he wished that they have a son for their first-born. The main course was something that Lay did not expect to have because he knows well that these kind of restaurants don't serve Changsha-style fried chicken. It was one of those special dishes that Kris had prepared for him because Lay has been craving for it. Lay enjoyed the whole dinner to bits and it surprises him – and Kris too – that he is able to finish up the blueberry cheesecake for their dessert.

 

It was halfway through the course of the dessert when Lay felt something hard when he tried to pick his cheesecake, “Fan, there's something in my cheesecake,” Lay whined.

 

“Really? Try taking it out,” Kris said as he felt his heart beating fast from nervousness.

 

“Oh My God! Fan! Is this..” Lay stopped short when he sees Kris on his knees right next to him.

 

“Xing, I know you most probably think that its a little too early for us to take this relationship to the next level,” Kris began as he took Lay's hands into his. “I have been waiting for years to be here in this position in front of the person I love and also the person that I want to spend my entire life with. I love you, Yixing. I have always been. I know that you might not be ready to marry me. And I also know that there are a lot of things that we don't know about each other. But we will over time. So, Zhang Yixing, will you marry me?”

 

Lay was in tears when Kris popped the question. He knows its wrong for him to be cheating on Li Han like this despite being legally married to the other. He still wants to be married to Kris because he is carrying his child and he already swore to himself that he would personally sign the divorce papers when he got the chance to visit Changsha.

 

“Yes, Kris. Yes.” Lay said as tears rolled down his cheeks.

 

Kris slipped the ring into Lay's left ring finger as he pulled the other into a deep passionate kiss. Kris knows very well what he has gotten himself into. He is breaking someone's marriage that is already falling apart. But he knows that this is the best for them. The next thing he has to do, is to have Lay confessing to him about his past and help him with getting the divorce.

 

They walked out of the restaurant as Kris brought to one of his favourite Jazz Bars. Without them noticing it, there was someone watching them from a corner with clenched fists.

 

 


 

They sat at the bar the moment they arrived. Lay noted that it wasn't like those he sees in the movies. Even though Jazz bars did not change much since the 1920's, it still has some similar facilities as the ones they see. Lay realises that the bar's interior changes to fit the changing times. Further in front of the bar, a small stage was situated there with singers. The grand piano was placed at the side of the stage. Even though Jazz bars are usually not linked to any ual activities, Lay noticed that there are still people hooking up there. There are those who came alone but leaving with a stranger later on.

 

Kris' voice brought him back as the older male sat next to him, wrapping his arm around his waist. Lay watched as the bartender and Kris talked happily, like they have known each other for years. When Lay suddenly tugged on his arm, Kris remembered that he has to introduce him. “Oh! Before I forget, this is Lay. My fiancé,” Kris introduced as the bartender took his hand and kissed it.

 

“Nice to meet you, Lay-shi.” The bartender greeted.

 

“Okay. Enough flirting. This is Suho. He owns a bar in Seoul but he decided to expand his business here in Jeju.” Kris introduced.

 

“So, what can I get for your beautiful fiancé, Kris?” Suho asked.

 

“Just orange juice will do. He's expecting our first-born,” Kris explained. “And the usual for me.”

 

“Ah. Really? Would you like to announce this special occasion. Since you're engaged and expecting your first-born. I mean my workers remembers you really well.” Suho suggested to which Kris nodded in agreement.

 

The night went by slowly as Kris introduced Lay to every single of his acquaintances. There were many congratulatory wishes for the couple as Kris continued telling them of their status and first-born. Lay blushed unknowingly as they about how Kris used to be one of those they least expect to have a child out of wedlock. They even labelled Kris as a beast to ravish Lay before they are even considered legal. Lay was exhausted by the time Kris finished introducing him to his old acquaintances. He sat back down on the bar stool and Suho slid another glass of orange juice for him.

 

Lay was lost in his thoughts once again when he glanced at the ring sitting on his left ring finger. It has been awhile since he had someone putting a ring on it. He was grateful to know that it was Kris to put it around for him. He was once again taken out of his thoughts when he hears Kris exclaims a loud Han-shi.

 

Lay willed himself to look over the direction Kris' voice came from. His instincts told him not to because he would regret it. He doesn't know what got him to turn. His curiosity? Or his insecurities? His insecurities after hearing the familiar name that he tries not to remember. When he came face to face with the same piercing eyes and sleazy grin. The scar that ran from from the bottom of his left eye to his cheek was a constant reminder for Lay how he attacked him the night before he fled the country.

 

The man who ruined his life did not change a single bit. He still looks like the man he wed almost three years ago. The same grin. The same piercing eyes. The same rough, callous hands. Fear surged through his body when he realises that this man was here to actually bring him home. To actually ruin his happy life, once and for all. What scares him the most was the fact that Kris knows this man. Did he approach Kris the moment he land in Seoul? Or...what?

 

Throughout the time Lay watches the two interacted with one another, he had questions in mind. When did he get here? How did he get here? Where he is staying? How does he know that he is here? How does he know Kris?

 

 

Most importantly,

 

 

Why is he here?

 

 

Why is Li Han here?

 

A/N: DUN DUN DUN!!! here comes trouble ~ -does Baekhyun's way of dancing to GG I Got A Boy- sooooo, Li Han shi is here to stay?! What will happen to them?! What will Kris do about it?!

 

Another piece of advice; you guys would like to prepare tissue papers for the chapters to come because you'll most probably cry a river, I guess?

 

Anyway, enjoy this chap!

 

xoxo.