Chapter 3

The Wedding Planner

 

For the next one month, Kris spent his time at Lay's boutique more often. Sometimes it would be for them to discuss for the surprise wedding that Baekhyun didn't know till date. Sometimes he would drop by for lunch with a lot of reasons with him from 'I brought you lunch and I don't want you to starve because you're already pale and skinny' to 'I just happened to be around the area so I decide to drop by'. There were days that Kris uses the weather as a reason why he was at the boutique – and he thanked the weather for that. For the first few visits, Lay was reluctant to even say a word to Kris but he eventually started talking to the other. He do need company sometimes because Baekhyun would be going over to Chanyeol's company building and his other employees are already out of the boutique 5 minutes before lunch break.

 

At first, Lay was determined to keep their relationship professional. One between a client and a salesperson. But Kris decide that it would be nice to keep their relationship casual with the reason that he had enough of a client-salesperson relationship. However, his real intention was to get Lay be his friend and maybe something more later on. Lay never understood the reason why Kris sees the need in dropping by daily but he grew accustomed to it over time.

 

Now that the wedding is drawing closer, Kris drops by the boutique more often but this time for business purposes. Lay has already prepared the suits that the couple is wearing – Lay never knew who the couple were but he did not see the need to question it. Kris smiled as he sees both Lay and Baekhyun entered the room with both suits. Baekhyun had that annoying obvious pout on his face.

 

“Why isn't Channie preparing for the wedding yet?” Baekhyun pouted.

 

“Maybe its not time yet?” Kris replied which came out as a question.

 

“Oh wells. I am willing to wait for my big baby. It would be nice if my suit is like this too,” He mumbled the end as he handed both suits to Kris.

 

Kris took both suits and nodded in approval that it came out the way Chanyeol had wanted it to be. He sent a picture of both suits and all he got was a spazzing Chanyeol on the other end of the line. That is his way of showing that he likes both suits. Well, Kris do not need to ask for Chanyeol's opinion of Baekhyun's suit because by the look of the smaller face, he knew that it was the way he wanted it to be.

 

 



 

The day before the wedding both Lay and Kris are running around doing errands. Kris took a day off specially for today with the reason that Lay might not be able to do the errands alone. He drove the both of them to the flower shop to ensure that the flowers for the venue are ready to be delivered and also to collect the bouquet that Baekhyun would be holding. They went to the caterer checking that they are done with the dishes that they ordered and lastly, they went to the venue.

 

Kris was in awe as he walked down the aisle admiring how the wedding was nicely planned. It looked better than what he had in mind. He took pictures of the venue in order for him to send it to Chanyeol for his approval. He stood at the front of the aisle where Chanyeol would be standing waiting for his beloved to walk down the aisle. Kris lifted up his phone to capture a picture of how it would be like when Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun the next day. As he was about to take a picture of the aisle, he sees Lay standing at the end of the aisle discussing about the wedding with one of his employees. And oh how beautiful it would be if it was their wedding and Lay has a suit on, Kris thought. He unconsciously snapped pictures of Lay standing there and one of the picture was what he defined as perfection because Lay was smiling. He looked beautiful in the pictures that Kris made a mental note to frame it up and place it on his bedside table.

 

“Kris? Are you okay?” Lay asked as he waved his fingers in front of Kris' eyes.

 

“Uh. Yeah? I. I'm fine, really. Really.” Kris stuttered.

 

“You know that I can drive us home if you're not feeling well right?” Lay offered.

 

“No. its okay. I can do it. I'll drive us home,” Kris immediately rejected as he took long strides to his car.

 

 


 

Chanyeol was sweating so much as he stood at the altar with Kris next to him. He was nervous and scared. A lot of negative thoughts ran through his mind. What if Baekhyun decides not to marry me? What if he thinks I am an idiot? What if he found himself another man just because I took a long time to plan the wedding? Kris watched as Chanyeol continued sweating. He found it amusing though because he knows very well that Baekhyun is crying his heart out when he finds out from Lay that he is getting married to his Chanyeol today.

 

“Yixing ge! Why do I have to put on a suit and lots of eyeliner?!” Baekhyun protested. “And don't you dare try to put that thing on my eye because you can't even do it right,” Baekhyun threatened as he snatched the eyeliner from Lay to put it on himself.

 

Lay watched as Baekhyun mumbled curses under his breath because he hates wearing suits on a hot day. Lay explained to the younger man that they are attending one of their loyal customer's wedding and they are expected to be in nice suits. Lay reminded himself time and again not to tell Baekhyun that they are actually getting him ready for his wedding. Kris broke the news to him after he sent him home the night before. He made him swore that he won't tell him about the actual plan. Lay was sure he would eventually burst the bubble to Baekhyun because he is bad liar.

 

Lay looked at his phone as he sees a text coming in. it simply says that all the guests has arrived – including Baekhyun's family – and they are just waiting for the bride to come. Once the pair arrived at the venue of the wedding, Lay quickly took out the flowers that he has hidden in the car and handed to Baekhyun. He placed Baekhyun's hand around his arm as they walked towards the aisle.

 

“What are you doing, Yixing ge?” Baekhyun whined.

 

“Just wait and see,” Lay replied as he patted Baekhyun's hand lovingly.

 

Baekhyun was about to protest but he was stopped short when he noticed all the guests at the supposed customer's wedding stood up. He sees most of his colleagues standing up while clapping his hands as he walked down the aisle waiting for him. He sees some of his university classmates and also his best friend, Kyungsoo, along with his boyfriend, Kai. At the front row, he sees his family. Both his parents, grandmother and brother were there. At the end of the aisle he sees Kris and finally the one standing next to Kris is the love of his life who will be promising him eternity soon. Baekhyun's heart swelled at the sight of his fiancé and to be husband. This all was planned for him. Kris coming to the boutique. It was all of him. For them.

 

Once the couple exchange their promises of forever, Baekhyun did the tradition of throwing the bouquet of flowers. But what shocked them the most was that it landed on both Lay's and Kris' hands.

 

He knows just what he should do.

 

 


 

“Take good care of yourself okay, Baek? Don't do anything stupid. Don't injure yourself,” Lay continued rambled on.

 

“Yes. Yixing ge. I get it. I will take good care of myself. I won't miss my meals and I will definitely enjoy this honeymoon,” Baekhyun replied as he gave Lay a hug.

 

“Have fun, bro! And don't forget to make babies there. I want to be a godfather soon,” Kris said with a mischievous smirk.

 

“I get it, hyung. I have it all planned. And I am all prepared.” Chanyeol replied.

 

The couple went pass the boarding gate as they waved to their best friends. Both Kris and Lay made their way back to Kris' car quietly. Once they arrived at the parking lot, Kris knew that he has to gather up all his courage to ask Lay out for a date. A proper date.

 

“Are you heading straight home?” Kris asked.

 

“Yeah. I need a break and I can catch up on shows that I missed,” Lay replied.

 

“Umm. I was just thinking that maybe we should get dinner or something like that,” Kris asked but immediately regret it when he sees the shocked look on Lay's face. “Its okay if you don't want to. What am I doing asking you--” Kris rambled.

 

“I would love to,” Lay replied timidly.

 

“Sorry?” Kris asked.

 

“I said I would love to get dinner,” Lay replied a blush painting his cheeks.

 

“Right! Okay! Sure! I'll pick you up at 7 at your apartment,” Kris offered.

 

I finally asked him for dinner. Up next, we should try dating and then I can ask him to be my boyfriend.

 

This is my first time after Li Han though.

 

 

 

A/N: i am sure you guys are wondering why is it moving too fast?! well, most probably because this is not the main plot YET. because this is all about REVENGE and how our dear Lay struggles with his past and how both of them pull through all the dramas.

 

and i kind of give part of my plot away, btw. how dumb can i get?

 

anyway, enjoy this chapter!

 

xoxo