Chapter 5

The Wedding Planner

Since the date, Lay avoided Kris at all cost. He ignored all the phone calls and text messages. Lay never wanted to do it this way but he was sure that he is still afraid of commitment. He is afraid that Kris would turn out like Li Han. Li Han admitted that he loves him but he had affairs and uses him as a punching bag. Baekhyun came back from his honeymoon and he realises how happy Baekhyun looked when he comes to work every morning. It seems like he was glowing. Sometimes, the younger would come to work with hickeys on prominent places and there were days he took urgent leave because his back hurts.

 

Lay looked at all the wedding plans that he had in his hands. This is going to be another hectic month indeed. Well, what do you expect, its Spring and everybody loves Spring weddings. He stood up and took his car keys to check the locations etcetera.

 

“Kris, we need to--” Lay was stopped short when Baekhyun gave him a questioning look.

 

“Is there something that is going on between you and Kris that no one knows about?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Ah. No. its just I have been going around running errands with him and I kind of forget that he is not coming to help.” Lay defended. “Well, do you want to come with me?” He offered Baekhyun.

 

“Nope. I have measurements to do today. So I am staying in the shop,” Baekhyun said as he waved the other off with his fingers.

 

 


 

It has become a habit for him to check his phone the moment he wakes up every morning. There was no messages or phone calls from the younger Chinese man. He sent numerous calls and messages to the other but it was ignored by him. He did not bother calling him again. He never bothered to reply. Kris knew that he shouldn't have mentioned about the wedding ring; about his painful past. Kris, however, has to admit that he has already fallen deeply in love with Lay.

 

“Hyung. Here are the accounts that boss wants you to go through before tomorrow's meeting and he wants it on his table by lunch,” Chanyeol said as he placed the stack of papers on his table.

 

“Are you listening to me, Kris Hyung?” Chanyeol grumbled in annoyance.

 

“Huh? Yeah. I just have to get this completed right?” Kris asked absent-mindedly as he flipped through the stacks of papers.

 

“By when?” Chanyeol asked sternly.

 

“By tomorrow's meeting?” Kris replied.

 

“By lunch, damnnit! What is wrong with you these days? You've been like this since the time I get back from my honeymoon,” Chanyeol stated.

 

“I don't know. Just stuff.” Kris replied.

 

“Well, this is definitely not 'just stuff',” Chanyeol said as he quoted from Kris. “Well, other than your parents, me and Baekhyun and work, what other stuff is bothering you?” Chanyeol asked impatiently.

 

“I don't know,” Kris replied as he does not want to be interrogated.

 

“Come on. Tell me. What is going on? Is it about Yixing-ge since you have been spending time with him before our wedding lately.” Chanyeol asked as he sat down on the chair in front of Kris' table.

 

“Yixing-ge?” Kris questioned.

 

“Yeah. His birth name is Zhang Yixing but he changed it to Lay for some reasons,” Chanyeol explained. “So, tell me what happened. I have never seen you this depressed before. This has to do with Yixing-ge right?”

 

Kris did not know where he should start but if he were to start from how he asked Lay out, Chanyeol would definitely asked why he did that. Kris then decided to tell Chanyeol about how Lay was the Chinese man that he had been talking about when he arrived to Korea a year ago. Chanyeol was shocked to know that Lay was the man that Kris have been in love with for a long time now. Kris then explained that the time when he saw the other in the boutique, he had to admit that he fell in love with the other all over again. He explained about the time they spent together was so precious because he got the other to talk to him more often – he ensure that he left the part where he secretly took a picture of Lay standing at the beginning of the aisle. He then moved on to the part that he dreaded the most because he has to explain how their date went. Kris was never one who understood the art of dating and Lay was his first proper date.

 

“Ah. So you said something wrong to Yixing-ge and he hasn't been talking to you since then?” Chanyeol clarified.

 

“Yeah. I asked him about his previous relationship because of the wedding band that he keeps on using. And he specifically removed it on our date night and I thought it wouldn't be that bad if I were to ask him what happened before he came to Seoul, right? When he tensed and the same fear clouded his eyes, I knew I made a mistake. He immediately requested that I drove him home and avoided me at all cost. So, it has something to do with his past, I guess.” Kris explained.

 

“Yixing-ge had a hard time when he left China,” Chanyeol spoke up.

 

“What do you mean by that?” Kris asked.

 

“Let's just say his previous relationship wasn't something pleasant and he came to Seoul to forget everything and start anew. That also explains why he changed his name,” Chanyeol said. “I really want to tell you what he went through but I am in no position to do that. I think you should just wait till he is ready to open up,” Chanyeol continued.

 

“I see. So, what should I do now?” Kris asked, embarrassed that he is asking someone for help.

 

“I think you should show him how sincere are you in apologising. Sending him flowers with little notes for a week and on the seventh day, you personally visit him and apologise. Ask him out on another date and remember NEVER mention about his past.” Chanyeol smiled as he patted his friend's shoulder.

 

“Thanks, man,” Kris thanked as he returned the smile.

 

For the next week, Kris planned on the flowers and notes that he wants to be delivered. He did research about the proper flowers that needs to be delivered but one thing for sure, he knows that he needs to have a red rose at the end of the week because it represents his love for Lay.

 

 


 

Lay was shocked when he came into work the next day to see a bouquet of dark-red and striped carnations on his table. He rushed out of his room to ask his employees if they have seen who was the one who placed the flowers but all he got was a shrug. It was weird because he doesn't remember having a secret admirer. The flowers came with a note.

 

I know I have been an on our first date.

And I swear that regret for what happened.

I really want you to know how deeply in love I am with you.

I love you, Lay-ah.

 

Lay could only just stare at the carnations. They weren't exactly his favourite flowers but he kept them anyway. He knows that Kris was sincere in apologising to him but he wasn't ready to accept him.

 

The next day when he came to the shop, he sees the florist walking towards the entrance with yet another bouquet in his hand. This time, however, are purple roses. The florist came walking into his store asking for him and he was quick to approach the man. He signed the paper and asked for the name of the sender but the florist said that he shouldn't be giving out particulars of his customer. Lay sighed but thanked the man as he walked into his office to place the roses on his table. He sees a note at the side and took out. Taking a deep breath, he read the note out loud.

 

Since the first time I saw you, I was captivated by your beauty.

I have never seen someone as beautiful as you are.

I fell in love at first sight a year ago on the plane.

And I still do feel the same way about you now.

I am sorry for what happened.

I love you, Lay-ah.

 

Lay smiled unconsciously at how cheesy Kris have gotten. He would be lying if he wasn't touched or attracted to him in a way. However, there is something that caught his attention 'I fell in love at first sight a year ago on the plane'. What is he talking about? Lay brushed the idea off as he continued his work. For the next few days, Lay came into work earlier than usual because he wants to be the one receiving the flowers personally. It has already became a habit for him to read the notes that was written by Kris. His heart would flutter and his stomach does all kinds of flips. His employees would be giving him knowing looks that their employer is obviously head over heels for his secret admirer. Baekhyun have been annoying him about finding out the culprit.

 

One day, as he walked into his boutique, he realises that the florist is not at his door again and it made him wonder. Has Kris gotten tired from buying him flowers? Is the shop closed for the day? Is the delivery supposed to come later than usual? Lay opted for the third reason because he knows that Kris is one who keeps his word. However, once night falls and there is not trace of the deliveryman or Kris, Lay have gotten depressed. He knew that this was all a joke to Kris. He knew that the older never meant every single word he wrote on the notes. It was all just a joke. He was a joke. He has always been.

 

Lay sat back down on his armchair as he got rid of all the other 6 bouquets, telling himself that he is just a pathetic guy who hopes for someone to come and get him. He chuckled to himself hoping that it would ease the pain in his heart. But it did not. He did not know what got into him as he broke down into tears knowing that the second man that he is most probably madly in love with is not going to love him back.

 

Lay stopped when he heard the bell chimed. It has to be Baekhyun because he has the other copy of the key. He straightened his back. “Baek. If you're worried about me staying here till late, don't be. I am fine really. Go back to your--” Lay did not have the chance to finish his sentence when he broke down into tears again knowing that Baekhyun can hear him.

 

“Hey,” The familiar deep voice resounded in the room. “Are you alright?” Kris asked once again as he walked over to the younger turning him around.

 

“Lay, hey. What's wrong?” Kris asked as he pulled Lay closer to his chest giving him a one hand hug while his other held onto the last set of roses.

 

“You ,” Lay managed to croaked out as he continued sobbing and punching Kris' chest.

 

“Hey, look at me. Look at me.” Kris said and pulled Lay's face to look at him. “If you're crying because I didn't sent you the roses then please don't be because I planned to give you one now.” Kris said as he brought the roses in between them.

 

Lay accepted them and chuckled in response realising how dumb he had been for thinking that Kris actually forgot him. “I am sorry for what happened on our first date. I didn't meant to be insensitive but I just wanted to know more about you. To be honest, I have never been on a proper date that I planned on my own because all of my dates are planned by Chanyeol. You were my first. You were the first person that I really love and putting in effort in loving you.” Kris chuckled as he did not know what to say. “I am a man of few words and I can never express myself. But will you forgive me and start all over again?” He asked.

 

“Yes, I would love to,” Lay replied as he hugged Kris tight.

 

“So, what do you want to do right now?” Kris asked as he held Lay's hand.

 

“Cuddle and get to know you better,” Lay suggested.

 

“Then we'll go to yours then,” Kris said.

 

“Why don't we go to yours instead because I think Chanyeol is staying over at mine.” Lay said.

 

“They are at mine. So, we have to go to yours,” Kris said as they drove off to Lay's apartment.

 

 

 

A/N: so, here i am with another update. Second year is gonna be one hectic one because i definitely have events to plan. i don't know if i am able to still update on weekends once i start my projects but I'll try to.

 

now, i am asking myself why am i doing Events and marketing? 

 

anyway, enjoy this chapter! ignore the last part. that's just me in my own world.