Chapter 10

The Wedding Planner

“JEJU ISLAND?!” Kris raised his voice.

 

“Ye-yeah. Jeju Island. This is for Baekhyun's best friend, Kyungsoo's wedding with his boyfriend, Kai,” Lay explained.

 

“But why must it be you who is going? If it is for Baekhyun's best friend, why don't he do it instead?” Kris huffed angrily as he tossed the paper to the side.

 

“Because he is three months pregnant and I promised him that I will be doing his wedding when his time has come,” Lay explained.

 

“So, he's pregnant and you're not? I am not going to let you do that assignment. Its either they have their wedding here in Seoul or you just lose one of your contracts,” Kris said as he stormed off to their shared bedroom.

 

Lay was only left there dumbfounded as he watched Kris walking pass him. This is a first one for him. Kris has never done this to him before. Not even once in his life. Since the time he came back to work at the boutique, a lot of projects came in for him. Lay took them happily without even giving a second thought. He was glad to be back here at work and he is even more happy to know that Kris is willing to help him along when he is not able to do it on his own. Most of the time, Kris would be running errands with him – reviewing the venue, meeting the caterers and collecting the flower – Kris would always be there for him. Assignments came one after another and not even once Kris ever stopped him from doing it. Kyungsoo's wedding is one that he has always been looking forward to. Lay promised the doe-eyed boy that he would happily plan it, no matter what the circumstance is. Now that Kris, has blew his top, Lay knew that he is left to make decisions on his own.

 

Lay looked up when he hears the bedroom door open and Kris walked out of it, all dressed. He got his car keys sitting on the dining table and walked to the door, “Don't look for me because I will be in my office.” He said simply without sparing a glance at Lay.

 

“Fan, will you be having dinner at home? I am making your favourite,” Lay asked despite knowing that Kris might not want to have dinner together.

 

“No. I'll be having dinner with one of my business associate. Don't wait up for me. You should get some sleep. Its bad for the baby if you don't get some rest,” Kris said before walking out of the door not sparing a glance at Lay.

 

Lay could only watch Kris' retreating back. It feels funny how the back view seems like a stranger to him. It is even funnier to him to realise that this is like dejavu. It happened to him before but he never wished to remember. Because the last time he remember seeing his lover walking out on him was the night after he lost his and Li Han's child. Lay sat down on the living room couch as he reflected on how life was like for him since the time he stepped foot into Seoul. His hand unconsciously curled around his three months bump and he thought about how are they going to survive if Kris really walked out on them.

 

He did not realise that he was crying when he felt the familiar warm hands rubbing his cheeks. He blinked to only see his mother kneeling down in front of him. She used her thumbs to wipe the tears from Lay's cheeks. Her heart aches seeing her son crying this much because the last time she remembers seeing Lay cry was the first time Li Han beat him up. Then, he would cry on a daily basis and lives in constant fear. It gotten worse when he lost their baby and all Lay does was to cry alone at home. She gathered her son into her arms rubbing his back comfortingly, telling him how much she loves him.

 

Once Lay finally calm down, he explained to his mother the situation. She sympathises her son for feeling that way, however, it amuses her knowing that this might be the hormones talking. Because she knows that since the first time she sees Kris, he is the right one for her son.

 

 

 


 

 

Kris didn't mean to snap at Lay. He really don't. But the thoughts of Lay leaving for Jeju scares him. What if something happens to him while he is at the island? What if Lay's husband comes looking for him? He is afraid of losing Lay to anyone. He laid in bed and thought of the consequences of letting Lay fly to Jeju. He could take urgent leave just to accompany his lover but that is not the choice right now. He could trust Baekhyun and Chanyeol to watch over his pregnant boyfriend.

 

Kris' mind then drifted off to the man who bumped into Lay a month ago when they reached the boutique. That suspicious man. Kris swore that he could remember seeing the short glare that the man sent to him when he looked at him. He knows very well that the man still lingers around the boutique but he would fled the area when he sees him walking down the street. Till date, Kris can never get to reveal who the man was and his real intention. Lay, however, has been a little too oblivious about the man. He claimed that he may be hitting on one of his employees but Kris felt otherwise. Kris knew that he can never leave Lay alone because that man might follow him to Jeju. Will it be safe to leave mama in Seoul at their apartment? Or will it be better if he allows her to live together with his mother while they are gone?

 

He got up from bed and took his jacket that was laying on the chair. He took his wallet and left their room. Kris tried as much as possible to avoid eye contact with Lay because one look from the other, he would just crumble into pieces. Hearing, Lay's broken voice when he says that they are not having dinner together breaks him altogether. He needs to see Chanyeol and Baekhyun to get their opinion. He needs to see them to learn more about the Lay that he doesn't know. He has to know what they knew about Lay's past that he didn't.

 

 


 

 

“Oh, hey hyung?” Chanyeol asked as he opened the door of his apartment.

 

Kris gave Chanyeol a questioning look but entered the apartment nonetheless. “If you're wondering why am I dressed with an apron, I was actually doing household chores because Baekhyun is throwing a tantrum yet again,” Chanyeol explained as he sat two glasses of juice down.

 

“So, what brings you here?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Can I have Baekhyun to be here before I do the talking?” Kris asked more like pleaded to Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol went over to their shared bedroom to drag clingy Baekhyun out of it. Baekhyun clung onto Chanyeol throughout the talk. Kris shifted awkwardly as he notices that Baekhyun's shirt revealed a little of his small 3 months bump – just like Yixing's – Kris would think. It makes him even more uncomfortable to see Baekhuyn sitting in between Chanyeol's legs. His shirt – which Kris noted as Chanyeol's – ride up his thigh revealing the milky white skin. Kris was thankful though that Baekhyun had shorts on. Kris went on telling the couple about his worries. They listened intently and asked questions in between for clarification. They learnt that Kris was worried about Lay going over to Jeju because he is pregnant and he is not able to be there for his small lover. They also knew that Kris' biggest concern was the suspicious man that has been lingering around the boutique – he still is.

 

“I think that you should just let Yixing-ge go,” Baekhyun said breaking the silence.

 

“You want me to let Xing go to Jeju when I am not able to accompany him? He is three months pregnant for God's sake! And then there's this weird man hanging around his boutique and I am sure he has his eyes on Xing! What if he follows Yixing all the way to Jeju and harm my babies?!” Kris' voice rose by the minute.

 

“What makes you think that he has his eyes on Yixing ge?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Because a lot of times I see him eyeing MY YIXING!” Kris shouted.

 

“I know him...” Baekhyun whispered.

 

“Excuse me? Did you just say something Park Baekhyun?” Kris asked, his patience wearing thin.

 

“No-nothing,” Baekhyun whimpered.

 

Chanyeol whispered something to Baekhyun before the smaller man made a bee-line for their bedroom. “I think you need to calm down, hyung,” Chanyeol finally said.

 

“How do you want me to calm down when I know for sure that someone is watching my boyfriend and he is somewhat oblivious to it?!” Kris raised his voice once again.

 

“We don't know who is he yet. But we can't report him to the authorities because he hasn't done anything to harm any of the employees working there and that include Baekhyun and Yixing ge,” Chanyeol explained.

 

“Then how long are the three of you going to wait till you can report him?! Till he gets his hands on my babies?! What is it that the three of you know that you're keeping me in the dark from?!” Kris said as he stood up.

 

“I can't tell you,” Chanyeol stood up. “Because me and Baekhyun promised Yixing ge that we won't tell you,” Chanyeol said.

“Oh! So now you're trying to say that you know of that man too! And you're playing this 'Don't Let Kris Know About It' game with Xing!” Kris shouted. “Is that what you're trying to tell me?!”

 

“WE JUST CAN'T BECAUSE YIXING GE WANTS TO TELL YOU ON HIS OWN!” Chanyeol shouted as he raised his hand to hit Kris square on his voice but Baekhyun was fast enough to stop him.

 

“WHAT NOW?! YOU WANT TO PUNCH ME FOR SCREAMING AT ME! DO IT THEN! DO IT! I DARE YOU TO!” Kris challenged.

 

“Stop it. The both of you.” Baekhyun spoke up.

 

“YOU STAY OUT OF IT PARK BAEKHYUN.” Kris shouted. “Tell me what I don't know about Yixing! He whored himself out to other man before we started dating?! Or he slept with you Chanyeol?! Or that child is that man's and not mine?!--” Kris was interrupted when Baekhyun spoke up and slapped Kris across his face.

 

“Yixing ge was a married man and still is!” Baekhyun said with tears flowing down his cheeks.

 

That was all it takes for Kris to storm out of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's shared apartment. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun in disbelief at what his husband said. Baekhyun broke down into fresh tears and all Chanyeol could do was gather his in his arms. Baekhyun mumbled apologies over and over again because they never see this coming. Not even once in their life. Chanyeol got up and took his keys. Baekhyun rushed to their room to put on proper pants before they head out to follow Kris from behind.

 

“We have to follow before he does something stupid again,” Chanyeol said as he squeezed Baekhyun's small hands.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Hiiiiii! An update for you guys! So, I've received some questions in my PM and there were some concerns about Kray/fanxing relationship with Li Han inside.

 

  1. Do Baek really knowswho is Li Han? Yes, Baek knows Li Han but he has never seen Li Han in person before, he only heard stories of that man from Yixing.

  2. Will Yixing tell Kris about his relationship with Li Han? Yes, he will. I am not that mean. Because the book is more dramatic but I am altering it according to what I think is suitable. But I still think this is more dramatic though. HAHAHAHHA.

  3. “I hate Li Han” , “I want to murder Li Han” - Please don't do that just yet because this pitiful and horribly mean man has his issues. That explains his behaviour. I have revealed a tiny bit of his issue in the chapter where he met Mrs Zhang before she flies to Seoul. BUT I will reveal more in the future with a chapter specially dedicated for Li Han. You guys will eventually sympathise with him.

 

Wellll, that's kind of the common things that I got asked about the fic. I kind of revealed a little of the plot. But oh wells. Hehe. And feel free to drop in any questions about this fic (comments or PM) because I will definitely answer them in the next update! ^^

 

Anddddd. I might be on a semi-hiatus because I have a lot of projects to complete this term. >< I might not be able to update weekly. I will only update when I can.

 

Hope you guys enjoy this!

 

xoxo.