Epilogue

The Wedding Planner

Yixing paced around the room as he thought about if the wedding will go as planned. Baekhyun held a one-year old Jongdae in his arms as the baby boy begged to be put down on the ground. Since the time he has learned how to walk, all Jongdae wanted to do was to walk his way around the room. Baekhyun sighed in frustration. He was annoyed that Chanyeol left him with their hyperactive child when he thinks that kid is better off with his giant father. Zitao, on the other hand, would never let his father go since the time he was born. All he wants was to be close to his baba and never let go.

 

Yixing placed his son on the ground next to Jongdae in hopes that he learned how to interact with a baby of his own age because he needs to get his makeup done and get his bouquet from Kris’ mother. “Taozi, stay here with Jongdae. Baba is going to get my flowers and I’ll be back shortly. Baekkie and Jongdae will be with you, okay?” Yixing said as he pecked his baby on the nose.

 

Yixing walked out of the room and it did not take long before Zitao starts wailing to be carried by his baba. He hears Baekhyun shushing him, promising the baby that baba would be back eventually and he gets to see papa too. Yixing sighed as he walked quickly to look for Mrs Byun. The older woman was shocked out of her life when she sees Yixing standing in front of her to get the bouquet and stumbled on her words. “Yixing honey, you don’t have to come all the way here to get your bouquet. I am just having a chat with your mum.” Mrs Byun said.

 

“But you took so long, aunty,” Yixing whined. He accepted the flowers from the older woman and excused himself back to the room. “I need to get back to my room because you know how Zitao is like when I am not around right?” He said as he brisk walked to his room.

 

“Wait for me, Yixing-ah. I want to see my Jongdae too,” Mrs Byun called after him as they walked together.

 

Once they entered the room, they were greeted with a red and teary-eyed Zitao. He was crying out as loud as he tried to utter the word baba. Baekhyun was at a loss while he tried to calm the baby down. He walked around the room, bouncing the child in his arms. He sang all the tunes he remembered hearing singing to Zitao while he was pregnant but it was to no avail. Jongdae sat on the bed with a picture book in front of him and a soft toy in between his teeth. He squealed when he sees his grandmother standing at the door watching him closely. He crawled towards her wanting to be carried.

 

“Zitao~” Yixing called out and it was all it takes for the child to quieten down. Zitao laid his head on Yixing’s shoulder on his thumb continuously. Yixing sang to him as he calmed down from all the crying.

 

Mrs Byun and Baekhyun watched as Yixing baby talked to his son and Zitao paid attention to his baba. He smiled very once in awhile when Yixing made funny faces. It must be hard on both Yixing and Yifan the mother and son duo thought. Baekhyun got up from the bed and told Yixing that he needs his makeup fixed. Mrs Byun took Zitao away from his baba and he started his crying fit once again.

 

Yixing panicked and cradled his son in his arms. “I am sorry, Mrs Byun. He is not used to strangers. He wants me close to him most of the time.” Yixing explained.

 

“How did the both of you work it out then?” She asked.

 

“It was hard, Mrs Byun,” Yixing sighed as he recalled a memory.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing was washing the dishes in the kitchen as Kris sat in the living room and watched a nine-month old Zitao playing by himself. Since the time he learnt how to stand on his own two feet, he likes it when he was put down on the floor to play. He would be crawling to where his toys are placed and hold on to the edges every once in awhile to stand up straight. Zitao gurgles and laughs a lot whenever he manages to stand on his own – with the help of the table of course. Kris takes his attention off their son for awhile when he sees Yixing walking from the kitchen with two mugs of coffee.

 

Yixing handed the mug to Kris and sat next to his fiancé with his own cup, taking a small sip from it. Yixing leaned his head on Kris’ shoulder and played with the mug and sighed. Kris knows very well that something is bothering his fiancé and he is not talking about it. He watched his fiancé closely and noticed that the other hasn’t aged a single bit after giving birth to Zitao.

 

“Fan?” Yixing’s voice broke the silence engulfing them and Kris hummed in response. “Can you take Zitao to his monthly checkup tomorrow?” He asked.

 

Kris sputtered on his coffee and he set the mug down with a thud and faced Yixing angrily. “Why, Xing? I thought you said that you would be doing that and you know very well that Tao will only behave when you’re around!” Kris said.

 

“But I can’t! I have to close all the accounts and there’s this small celebration party with my employees,” Yixing replied.

 

“You do know that I have an important meeting with one of our most important client tomorrow morning.” Kris reasoned.

 

“Why can’t you postpone it? It would be a great bonding session for you and Tao,” Yixing replied.

 

“You know I can’t! The closing of accounts and celebration can wait. Why can’t you sacrifice for your son?!” Kris said with a huff.

 

“Excuse me! Wu Zitao is your son too! You were involved in the making! Who was the one who promised to spend time with him?! I can’t ing believe you, Kris. Why can’t you take time off?!” Yixing raised his voice.

 

“THIS MEANS A LOT TO ME, XING. WE WILL HAVE MORE MONEY FOR US. FOR YOU.  FOR TAO.” Kris finally raised his voice.

 

“Is that all you ever think of? Money?! Can you please—“ Yixing was cut when he feels someone holding onto his pant leg.

 

Yixing picked up Zitao who looked like he was about to cry. He cuddled his son and rubbed his back softly as the baby started sobbing. “I am sorry, Taozi. Baba and papa were not fighting. Don’t cry okay?” Yixing said softly.

 

“I am going out to clear my head for awhile and think about it,” Kris said briefly before walking out of their apartment.

 

When Kris came back home that night, he sees Yixing sleeping on the bed with a hand draped over Zitao’s small body. The younger looks exhausted – more exhausted than he could remember. Zitao was on his pacifier and there was a trail of tears along his cheeks. Kris realises that his son has been crying since the time he left and the guilt is  eating him up alive. He changed into his pyjamas and sat down next to his loved ones. He leaned down and kissed Zitao softly on the cheeks which caused the baby to stir. He shushes the child to sleep and lay down next to them. It was Yixing who woke up next when he felt a hand draping over his slim waist.

 

“You’re back,” Yixing said softly.

 

“Yeah. Xing, I am sorry for what happened earlier. I called up my boss and he said I could take the whole day leave. We’ll go to the appointment together okay,” Kris said as he intertwined their fingers together.

 

“Yeah. Thanks, Fan. I’m sorry for raising my voice at you. I love you. Tao loves you too. He was mumbling some incoherent papa in his sleep just now.” Yixing said as he reached over to peck Kris on the cheek. “Go to sleep.” Yixing said as he patted Kris’ cheek lovingly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You guys fought just because neither one of you could take Zitao to his monthly appointment?” Baekhyun gasped.

 

“Yes. When I think back right now, I think it’s kind of stupid to fight over something as petty as that,” Yixing laughed lightly.

 

“Well, it’s good that you resolved it,” Mrs Byun said.

 

Their conversation was stopped short when Kris’ father entered the room with a smile on his face. Both Baekhyun and his mother left the room and made their way to the wedding area. Yixing smiled at his future father-in-law and carried Zitao off the bed. He handed his son over to the older man. Zitao was whiny at first about being handed over someone other than his own baba. But he eventually calmed down when he realises that his baba was next to him too. He on his pacifier and looked down on his baba who he thought looked different than usual.

 

“Are you ready to walk down the aisle?” The older Wu asked.

 

“I’ve been ready since a year ago,” Yixing replied with a sad look.

 

“But why you look so down, honey? You’re tying the knot with the amazing Kris Wu Yifan!” Mr Wu exclaimed.

 

“I just wished that mama is here to witness me tying the knot once again,” He sighed.

 

“I bet she’s watching you from above. I bet she’s beaming with pride seeing that her son has moved on and is marrying a better man now,” Mr Wu explained.

 

They both walked and stood behind the huge mahogany door. Behind that door, stood the love of his life. The man who changed his life completely. The man who taught him how to love again. He was brought out of his reverie when he feels his son smacking his face with small chubby hands. Zitao has a grin etched on his face. Mr Wu was smiling down at him.

 

“Yixing, thank you for accepting my son. Yifan changed a lot the moment he met you. And you meant the world to him. And thank you for giving him this wonderful gift. Are you ready for your forever together?” Mr Wu asked and Yixing nodded in response.

 

The doors opened revealing a stunning Yixing in a white suit. He has his hair down and the blood red roses in his hand contrasts his fair skin. Yixing looks beautiful in Kris’ eyes and there’s nothing else to describe his beauty. Next to him was his father. Yixing has his hand on his elbow and the older Wu has a surprised Zitao sitting on his other arm. Kris laughed when he noticed that their child is mirroring the same expression Yixing had when they were at Namsan Tower. Zitao looked around the room in awe with the pacifier in his mouth. He looked to the front and sees his papa standing there and it caused him to squeal in delight.

 

The older Wu handed Yixing’s hand over Kris and he sat down next to his wife at the front. Zitao was moving around like he was excited to finally see his parents tying the knot. Vows and promises were exchanged at the altar. Kris did nothing but just gazed into Yixing’s eyes with full of love. After they exchanged rings, Kris leaned in and kissed Yixing fully on the lips. They had their first kiss together as a newly wedded couple. When they broke their kiss, they felt small hands grabbing onto their pants. The couple smiled and carried their one and only son into their arms and walked down the aisle together with Zitao beaming with pride.

 

Congratulatory messages and well wishes were said by their guests. And by the time the sun set, Yixing was exhausted tending to Zitao’s needs. They made their way back to the car prepared for them and Yixing laid his head on Kris’ shoulder. “You know what’s next right, baby?” Kris whispered as he kissed Yixing on the head.

 

“I’m going to knock you up once again and we will have a younger sibling for Zitao soon,” Kris chuckled when he sees Yixing’s eyes widened.

 

Yixing smacks Kris’ chest and said, “Once you did, please make sure that our second is not like Zitao so cuddly and whiny. I want an independent son just like his papa,” Yixing said as he kissed Kris.

 

END.