Chapter 11

The Wedding Planner

Kris stepped on the gas pedal and drove as fast as he could to the bar that he knows by heart. He did not know what came over him to even start a fight with his best friend, Chanyeol. He did not realise that he was indirectly hurting his pregnant friend, Baekhyun, at the same time. He blamed it on how he was very stressed with the idea of a suspicious man watching his pregnant lover with lustful eyes. He knew he shouldn't be hurting people around him just because he wants to protect his loved ones but he just did when he left Lay in their apartment. Kris did not know what caused him to snap at the smaller Chinese male when he mentioned about the his project in Jeju Island.

 

Kris arrived at the bar soon after and he got out of his car. He sat down in front of one of the bartender, who he recognises as the same man who has been working there since he was in university. The friendly, faired-skin Korean male placed a bottle of beer in front of him. Kris downed it and slammed it on the table once again. He ran his fingers through his hair as he reflected on their year long relationship and the one year he spent on thinking about Lay. Baekhyun's broken voice played in his head like a broken record. Yixing ge was a married man and still is!

 

Kris still could not believe his ears when he realises that Lay is still married to another man when they are together. The thoughts that he is actually the extra baggage in Lay's marriage hurt him badly. Kris could not stop telling himself that Lay is cheating on his husband with him. Kris, however, knew for a fact that Lay was never in love with his husband. If he was in love with him, why is he here in Seoul, alone? Was this the big secret that Lay have been keeping from him? Was this the most difficult thing that Lay can never tell him? Was it that difficult for him to trust Kris just for a bit? Maybe he was moving too fast when he asked Lay to move in with him. Because there were a lot of things about the Chinese male that Kris never knew.

 

Kris was about to take his leave and go back home to their humble apartment when the bartender placed another bottle of beer in front of him. The bartender gestured to another male sitting a few seats away from him. Kris sat down next to the male, “Thank you,” He said.

 

“Problems at home?” The man asked to which Kris nodded in response.

 

Kris observed the man carefully as he took in the appearance of the man. Kris noted that he is Chinese because of his accent. He noticed the scar at the side of his face and also his arms. He assumed that he gotten it in a brawl with someone. Kris wanted to ask where he gotten the scar from but he thinks that it is impolite to do so.

 

“Han,” The man said as he stretched his hand out for a handshake.

 

“Kris Wu,” Kris said as he took his hand. “So, you're Chinese?” Kris asked to break the ice.

 

“Yeah. If you're wondering, the Han in my name is brave in Mandarin,” The man named Han explained. “So, you're here to sort out your head?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. Just something that happened between me and my boyfriend,” Kris said.

 

“I feel you. I had a fight with my husband once and he left me. I am here back in Seoul to actually bring him back home with me,” The man explained.

 

Kris looked at his wristwatch and realised that he spent more time than he intended to at the bar. He really should start heading back home. Back to where his beloved is waiting for him, together with their growing baby in his belly. “I should head home. Its nice knowing you, Han-shi,” Kris said as he walked out of the bar.

 

Once Kris left the bar, he was met face to face with a panting Chanyeol and Baekhyun tyring to keep up with his husband’s pace. Chanyeol noticed that Kris was leaving the bar, much to his surprise. Kris gave them an apologetic look for what happened at their apartment earlier. He apologised and both best friends made up almost immediately. It was one of their first time that they fought so badly. Chanyeol walked Kris back to his car, reminding him to apologise to his lover back at home.

 

 

 


 

 

Once Kris arrived at their apartment, he sees Lay's mother sitting at the living room couch watching one of their favourite dramas. He greeted the older woman with a smile but he realises that she knew what happened between him and her son. He sat awkwardly next to her. He felt guilty for what happened because he has promised to not hurt Lay. Mrs Zhang moved in her seat as she watched her son's lover intently.

 

“Yixing is in the room. I am not sure if he is asleep. He hasn't eaten dinner,” She explained briefly.

 

“I'm sorry. I just don't--” Kris was interrupted when Mrs Zhang spoke up.

 

“Don't apologise to me but do it to Yixing instead,” She said. “Yixing was hurt once and this is the reason why he is here in Seoul. He just wants to start a new life. He wants to forget everything that happened in Changsha. None of these was supposed to happen. He is really in love with you. If he didn't, he wouldn't have bothered keeping the baby inside of him,” She explained.

 

“Mama, I'm sorry for what happened. I don't know what came over me. Maybe its the stress from work. And Baekhyun and Chanyeol told me that he was married once and still is. Is that true?” He asked.

 

“You should ask Yixing that. You shouldn't be asking me. I want him to tell him on his own,” Mrs Zhang said. “I am going to sleep. Don't worry I know Yixing will forgive you because he loves you so much,” She continued as she gave a reassuring squeeze to Kris before making her way to her bedroom.

 

Kris made his way to the kitchen first before heading back to their bedroom. He heated up the food that were left on the table that he assumed it as both his and Lay's share. After doing so, he made his way back to their room and carefully kicked the door open. He placed the tray on the table and made his way to the familiar figure curled up in the blankets.

 

Kris placed his hand on Lay's shoulder as he carefully shook him awake. Lay stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He widened his eyes when he sees Kris hovering over him. As if it was on instinct, he grabbed the sheets covering his body. He eyed Kris while doing so and placed a protective hand over his pregnant belly. It hurts Kris seeing Lay in the same state as the time they were in the plane.

 

“Yixing-ah, its me, baby.” Kris said softly as he placed his hand onto Lay's knee.

 

When Kris felt that Lay has visibly calmed down, he continued, “I am sorry that I snapped at you this afternoon. I don't know what came over me today. Most probably because a lot have been going on lately. With the man standing outside your boutique 24/7, eyeing you with lust. I just can't let any man stare at you like he was going to devour you right then and there right? I love you too much to even let that happen. I love you. The both of you,” Kris said as he placed a hand over Lay's that was resting on his bulging tummy.

 

“I know how much this Jeju Island wedding assignment means to you, however, I have a request for you. Can we wait till I get my leave from work approved and we can head there together? Because I don't want the man to be following you everywhere you go and its a good small getaway for us,” Kris finished off and smiled at his lover.

 

“Re-really?” Lay asked, his voice cracked.

 

“Really,” Kris said.

 

“Thank you. I am sorry for reacting this way. Its just. I have been through a lot. I really want to tell you but I don't think I am ready right now,” Lay explained.

 

“Do you want to have dinner together with me?” Kris asked as he gestured to the tray. “I have heated it specially for you.”

 

“Yes, if you were to feed me and we have it in bed,” Lay requested.

 

Kris smiled in response as he pecked Lay on the lips. He got up and took the tray with him to have their well-deserved dinner.

 

A/N:

 

Kris hasn't know about Lay's husband? Yes, he hasn't know about Li Han. However, if you guys remember reading about their first meeting in the prologue, I did mention about Kris suspecting that Lay was in an abusive relationship. And during the time when Kris was helping Chanyeol for his wedding plans, Kris noticed the wedding band on Lay's left ring finger. He has stopped using it the moment he started dating Kris.

 

I hope I have answered your question. ^^

 

anyway, enjoy this chapter!

 

xoxo.