Chapter 26

The Wedding Planner

Yixing was discharged from the hospital a week after he regained consciousness. Kris knew very well that he is having a hard time coping with the news of his mother’s death. Kris was glad that Yixing was given a month’s leave from work because he needs time to recover and also for the baby’s health, however, Kris was afraid that Yixing would be an emotional wreck once he was left alone at home. Kris held his lover’s hand tightly as they walked back to their apartment. Yixing looked exhausted which Kris assumed was due to his pregnancy but he knows well that the other wouldn’t want to be home for the time being because it would only remind him of his mother.

 

Kris pushed the door to their apartment open and Yixing instinctively made his way to the room where his late mother used to occupy.  He followed the other behind and watched by the doorway as Yixing held one of her scarves close to him. His heart aches watching Yixing in that condition and it hurts him more when he realises that most of their future plans mostly consisted of his late mother. Kris walked over to his lover and wrapped the smaller man into his arms.

 

Once again, Yixing broke down into tears.

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing’s a month break came to an end faster than the couple expected. Kris sat on the bed as he watched his sleeping pregnant fiancé. Kris watches as Yixing slowly inhaled and wrapped his hand around his pregnant belly. He smiled when he remembered how Yixing has gotten over his mother’s death. It was difficult on the pregnant one but Kris usually allowed his other half to visit his mother’s grave at the end of the week. He still remembered clearly how Yixing refuses to eat whatever he prepared as he mumbled something along the line of ‘it should have been him instead of mama’. Kris would explain to his other half how mama wanted them to live their lives because they are still young and Yixing deserves all the happiness in the world. Kris heart swelled when he realises that Yixing made a vow to move on from his mother’s death and live his life. He has everything. He has a fiancé that loves him with all his heart. He has two friends who would always be there for him. He has their baby that is a product of their love.

 

Kris remembers clearly the words Yixing said when they stood in front of the tombstone. “Mama, Yixing have decided to move on with life. I will love Yifan with all my heart and raise our little peach with all the love he needs. I will definitely tell him everything he needs to know about his grandmother, the woman who brought me to where I am now. I knew that your death was your sacrifice of letting me have the happiness that I deserve and I love you for that. Mama, please forgive all my foolish mistakes and I promise you that I’ll take better care of myself.”

 

Kris smiled as he remembered all the words Yixing uttered and the determined look he had on his face. After that visit, Yixing updated their photobook specially made for little peach. He noticed how Yixing place a photo of them with his mother at the front of the page. It was to remind their son of his beloved grandmother.

 

Yixing’s nose scrunched up in discomfort as he tried pulling the covers over his head as the sun shone through the glass window. Kris snorted when he noticed that his six months bump is preventing him from doing so. He continued watching in amusement as Yixing tried pulling the covers again. After getting himself tangled in the covers, Yixing decide to just stay awake. He turned over to his side, facing Kris and opened his eyes. He gasped when he sees his fiancé smiling down at him.

 

“You just had to!” Yixing whined as he hit Kris on his arms.

 

“And good morning to you too, beautiful,” Kris greeted back.

 

“Were you watching me sleep?” Yixing mumbled against the covers to which Kris nodded in response. “How long has it been since you woke up?” He asked again.

 

“Long enough for me to watch you getting annoyed with the sun,” Kris chuckled.

 

“I hate you,” Yixing said as he leaned his face into Kris’ chest.

 

“And I love you too,” Kris replied as he carried his pregnant fiancé and walked them to the toilet.

 

 

 

 

 

Kris decided to drive his fiancé back to work that day because the younger was being whiny about how he wants him to be near him. Yixing would blame it on their little peach but Kris knows well that it was the mother of the baby who wants to be near him. Throughout the ride, Yixing could not stop talking to their son; complaining to the baby how his papa wasn’t being very nice to them. Kris would reply to whatever Yixing has to say about him but the latter would hit him on his arm; telling him that it was his conversation with their little peach. Kris laughed it off and continued to focus on the road. He was glad that everything was back to how it was before things happen. Before Li Han happened. His mind came to a stop when he thought about Li Han. What happened to the man? Is he dead? Is he alive? Why is he so quiet all of a sudden? Did something bad happen? Now that Kris thought about it, he realises that they never had any news about Li Han right after the accident. Was he behind all this?

 

Kris pushed all the bad thought about Li Han away once they arrived at the boutique and gave his fullest attention to Yixing. He parked his car at the side of the road and jogged over the other side to help his pregnant lover out. Yixing hopped out of the car with a wide smile on his face and tiptoed to kiss him goodbye.

 

“Bye baby daddy,” Yixing greeted as he peck him on the lips. “See you for dinner tonight,” He continued as he made his way to the boutique.

 

Kris waved at his fiancé and drove off when the other was out of sight. He drove to his workplace and was greeted with congratulatory wishes from his colleague. Most of the wishes consisted on his promotion and some were on his fiancé’s pregnancy. Kris smiled and bowed as a sign of gratitude as he made his way to his brand new office. Kris tilted his head when he did not see Chanyeol in his cubicle.

 

Kris jumped when he sees Chanyeol lounging on the couch in his room. “What are you doing here?” Kris asked. “You nearly gave me a heart attack,” Kris continued as he had one of his hands over his chest.

 

“Nothing. I just wanted to congratulate you too by testing out the couch,” Chanyeol replied with a mischievous grin. “Kris hyung? Did you watch the news this morning?” Chanyeol asked to which Kris shook his head in response.

 

“There was a news about they found a body at the bottom of a building. Someone committed suicide. And the deceased is believed to be from China. The same province as Yixing hyung,” Chanyeol said.

 

That was all it takes for Kris to frantically look for his phone and dial Yixing’s number.

 

 

 

 

 

Yixing walked into the boutique with a smile on his face. The faces of his employees lit up once they see their employer walking in with his six months old belly. They greeted him with hugs and a kiss, asking him how was he doing and whether the unknown man is still following him. Yixing would shrug his shoulders in response because truth to be told, he does not even know what happened to Li Han. Hell, he doesn’t even know who was the heartless soul that causes his accident and his mother’s death. Yixing smiled in response and told them to get back to work and he made his way to his office.

 

Yixing leaned back into the chair and thought about all the things that happened since the time he was expecting their little peach. To be honest, Yixing is glad that Li Han has stopped harassing him and Kris. But he was worried sick when he realises that he hasn’t heard a thing from the other. Is he sick? Yixing shook his head violently as he tried to get the thoughts out of his head and focus on his future. The knock on his door brought him out of his reverie and he smiled at Baekhyun who was as pregnant as he was.

 

“Come on in, Baek.” Yixing said as the other pregnant male took his seat with a huff.

 

“So, is there anything I need to attend to right now?” Yixing asked as he sat up straight.

 

“Oh you have a whole lot to attend to,” Baekhyun grumbled as he took out different files and stacks of letters. “So, after your sudden honeymoon take off with Kris, I have done all the closing of the accounts and there were three couples walking in with horribly humongous wedding requests. I accepted all three because it means money to us; however, I was thinking of dividing the job equally, seeing that we are heavily pregnant.” Baekhyun said as he strike out something from the list that he was holding.

 

“Also, after your accident, one of our employees suggested that we should start a webpage so that our customers can make their orders and stuff like that. And they are already working on it. It will be up by next week,” Baekhyun continued as he showed the draft layout and plans for the webpage.

 

“Lastly, I have decided that both of us will be taking two months break after we pop these monsters inside,” Baekhyun finished off while pointing at their pregnant bellies.

 

“But what about the wedding requests?” Yixing asked.

 

“Don’t worry about that because the couples are holding their weddings next year which is after our babies are born,” Baekhyun said as he heaved a sigh of relief.

 

“Well, next year will be hard on us then,” Yixing state thoughtfully.

 

“Oh yes it is.” Baekhyun nodded in agreement. “Oh! Before I leave you alone, here are the letters that the clients left behind.” Baekhyun said as he placed the pile in front of Yixing and sashayed out of the room.

 

Yixing smiled as he watches his other pregnant friend walk out of his small office. Baekhyun has gotten more diva-like since the time he was pregnant with his and Chanyeol’s child. It amuses both him and Kris to know that Chanyeol was able to handle him. Kris thanked the heavens that he wasn’t exactly like Baekhyun because he swore that he would not be able to handle it. Yixing shook his head in amusement as he flipped through the letter that he received most of it were filled with their appreciation for the wedding planned. Some were sonograms when they are expecting their first baby. There were others that were congratulating him on his pregnancy and wishing him his happiness.

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin’s letter was the one that got him the most. It was mostly collages of their honeymoon. The one that got him laughing uncontrollably was one that was taken at the clinic with a grumpy Kyungsoo in the background. The caption below was something though: Lay! Don’t forget to inform Kris that I managed to knock him up during our honeymoon! Yixing laughed when he sees the caption and the picture of a grumpy Kyungsoo in the background. He kept in mind that he has to show it to Kris. However, the last letter simply took his breath away and his hands shook out of fear.

 

To: Zhang Yixing & Kris WuYifan

 

From: Li Han

 

Yixing’s hands shook as he dropped the letter on the ground. He jolted from his seat when his phone vibrated on the table. It was from Kris and his brain went wild at the thoughts of what news the other has for him. He picked up the phone and spoke.

 

“Yixing? Baby? Are you watching the news?” Kris asked and Yixing shook his head dumbly.

 

“N-no.” He stuttered.

 

“Li Han took his life,” Kris said simply.

 

“I know.” He replied.

 

“How?” Kris asked.

 

“He left a letter on my desk. It’s addressed to you and me. But I didn’t open it yet. I’m scared, Fan.” He replied as his eyes start to water.

 

“Don’t cry, baby. I am coming over to fetch you. The police needs you here because there’s someone at the station who wants to see you.” Kris said before he heard the click of the phone.

 

Yixing sat back down on the chair and broke down into tears. The man who took all his firsts has left him with no apologies.

 

A/N: tbh I don’t think that any of this whole thing made sense. I was having a moment last night and meh those came out. Soooooo, I am already working on the next chapter and there will be a major change in this whole Li Han thingy in those 4 chapters. Dun dun dun.

 

This is random but I am like living my tour guiding/tour planning dream right now. ;)