Chapter 28

The Wedding Planner

Kris was making breakfast in the kitchen humming to one of the songs that Yixing sings to their child. He wasn’t one who prepares breakfast for anyone – hell he didn’t even bother eating breakfast. That was when he was single. That was when he hasn’t met Yixing. And that was before he was going to father a child. He smiled at his creation. It was something simple – anyone could do it actually. It was Yixing’s favourite; bacon and eggs. He arranged them on the plate nicely before placing it on the tray and carried to the room.

 

Kris was about the room when he heard Yixing singing and talking to their child. He chuckled when he realises that the other was trying to get him to move inside. “Why can’t you move when your daddy is not here?” He asked.

 

Yixing sighed when he realises there wasn’t any movements once again; “You know he’s not the only one who is involved in the making. I am involved too. And I am going to carry you for another two months.”

 

“Hey,” Kris greeted which caught Yixing’s attention. “I made you breakfast. I just wanted to show you my appreciation. For carrying my little boy. For being there through everything. Lastly, for being strong for the both of us.” Kris said as he set the tray on Yixing’s lap.

 

“Thank you,” Yixing smiled up at Kris but frowned later on, “So, you decide to move when papa is here with food, huh?” Yixing pouted.

 

“It’s okay, baby. Maybe he loves me more. But he loves his baba too.” Kris said as he pecked Yixing’s lips.

 

“And since he loves you so much, why don’t you feed me breakfast,” Yixing demanded.

 

Kris gladly agreed as he positioned himself behind Yixing and the other sitting in between his legs. He placed the tray on Yixing’s lap even though more than half of it was covered by his bump. The younger pouted when he realised that the he could not eat his breakfast because of his bump. He mumbled something about being fat and the monster should be out. Kris chuckled as he watched Yixing talked animatedly to their child. He tried feeding the other with more eggs and bacon but he rejected it because he didn’t want to be fatter than this.

 

Yixing, eventually, finished his breakfast because their little peach was too hungry. The tray was set aside on the bedside table and Kris leaned on the headboard with Yixing leaning on his broad chest. He combed his fingers through the younger male’s hair and hummed a tune that they were familiar with.

 

“What do you want to do today?” Kris asked. “I have the day off and I was thinking that we should do something fun and memorable. Do you want to continue shopping for peach?” Kris asked.

 

Yixing tilted his head cutely and placed a finger below his chin. It took the other five minutes to finally think of something he wanted to do, “I want to go to the amusement park!” Yixing exclaimed.

 

“Amusement Park?!” Kris exclaimed. “You’ve got to be kidding me! Its dangerous for you to be there now that you’re heavily pregnant,” Kris stated.

 

“But I really want to go…” Yixing whined. “Anyway, peach wants to go to the amusement park too,” Yixing explained. “Right, peach?” He asked and received a kick in response.

 

“We are still not going to the amusement park even if peach said he wants to go,” Kris said as he got up from the bed. “He can go when he is older.” Kris continued.

 

“Then I’ll call up Baekkie and ask him because I bet he wants to go to the amusement park too,” Yixing said as he reached out for his phone.

 

“I doubt Chanyeol would allow him to do that though,” Kris said from the bathroom.

 

“Fine then! I shall go over their apartment and spend more time with Baek because peach wants to see his son too!” Yixing said as he got to the bathroom to quickly wash up and get dressed.

 

“And no I am not going to let you to go out alone. You’ll never know what the weird men would do to you.” Kris said as he blocked the other’s way.

 

“THEN BRING ME TO THE AMUSEMENT PARK!” Yixing screamed as he stomped out of their shared bedroom.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kris sighed for the umpteenth time that day as he watched complained to their unborn child. The only few words that he could catch were that papa is useless and papa doesn’t love them anymore. Yixing pouted throughout the way the moment he was dressed as Kris dragged the other to the car. The smaller Chinese male was excited at first because he really did think that Kris is driving them to the amusement park. Kris, however, drove them towards the direction of the Parks’ apartment. It was then Yixing started hitting Kris so hard because he really wanted to go to the amusement park.

 

Kris parked the car in one of the parking lots and turned the engine off. Yixing was quick to remove his seatbelt and fumbled with the door handle to get out. Kris, however, was quick to stop the other from going out as he grabbed the other’s hands. “Yixing, look. I am sorry okay? I would bring you to the amusement park but you’re heavily pregnant and I don’t want to risk our child’s health. We’ll go to the amusement park once he gets out of there okay? Right now, I think visiting Baekhyun and Chanyeol is the best idea because both of you could talk about stuff too,” Kris explained.

 

“You should count yourself lucky because if it wasn’t for your handsome face and your child wanting to be close to you constantly. I wouldn’t have forgiven you,” Yixing mumbled as he pecked Kris on the cheek.

 

Once they arrived at the Parks, they were greeted with Chanyeol massaging Baekhyun’s swollen feet – that would only mean one thing; Baekhyun is having their child soon. Yixing pouted when he sees Chanyeol doing that for his pregnant spouse and realises that Kris did not do it for him. Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away when he sees his pregnant best friend standing at the door way. Both males waddled away to the kitchen as they started chatting. Chanyeol gestured to the couch and Kris took his seat. Both men sighed at the same time and chuckled when they realised that it might be about the same reason.

 

“Is this about Yixing?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“Yeah, He has been moody lately. Complaining about how I don’t care about them. He was annoyed with me this morning because I did not want to take him to the amusement park.” Kris explained.

 

“That was Park Baekhyun for you last week, hyung.” Chanyeol said.

 

“Really?” Kris asked, surprised. “Well, that explains his sudden need to visit the amusement park.” Kris stated.

 

Both males laughed at the thoughts. They shared more on their experience with their pregnant partners. Kris recalled most of the times when he was told to sleep at the living room couch because Yixing claimed that he smells like cheese. Chanyeol recalled when Baekhyun was complaining about how the soon-to-be-married couples were y that he cancelled their contract. It did not turn out good for their boutique but it turned out wonderful for him because he got some wonderful that same night. They continued chatting over drinks and snacks – Chanyeol prepared them – till it was late and Yixing complained about back pain.

 

The couple bid goodbye to the house owners and walked to the elevator. Yixing clung onto Kris like a koala because he wants to be cuddled. Kris tried peeling the other male off but failed. Kris drove them around town because Yixing could not decide on where he wants to have their dinner. It was then his face lit up all of a sudden when a thought flashed in his head. “Can we go to the Namsan Tower?” He asked.

 

“Why? It’s getting late. I doubt that the shops would be open,” Kris said.

 

“It’s okay! I just want to do the lock thing with you,” Yixing said.

 

“Sure,” Kris replied as he brought his fiancé’s hand to his lips.

 

 

 

 

 

They reached the place and Yixing waited till Kris got out of the car. Kris grabbed the other’s hand and intertwined their fingers together. Yixing was quiet throughout the ride up the elevator. It feels more like their first date to Kris. He remembers how the other was shy and wouldn’t say a single word throughout the time. He looked down at his fiancé and watched how the other was caressing his bump lovingly with a smile on his face. The elevator dings and Yixing dragged him out to admire the view. Kris excused himself for awhile to buy them a lock.

 

Yixing stood near the railings as he allowed the wind to blow past his face. He looked at his huge bump where he could feel their son moving. It was a first for him to have their little peach to move inside when Kris is not next to him. Maybe peach loves these kinds of views. He would be a romanticist when he grows older.  He chuckled at his own thought when he feels a pair of strong arms wrapped around his waist.

 

“Are you having fun alone?” Kris whispered into his ears.

 

“Am not!” Yixing protested. “I have peach with me. I am definitely not alone,” Yixing said.

 

“I’ve bought us the lock. Do you want to write something on it?” Yixing nodded eagerly as he watches Kris write.

 

Once he is done, Kris placed the lock at the designated area and locked it tight. “Yixing and Kris together forever.” He read it out loud.

 

Kris stood up from where he was and kneeled in front of Yixing’s bump, kissing it softly. “The three of us, together forever.” He got up from where he was and kissed Yixing on the lips. “I love you, Yixing.”

 

“I love you too,” Yixing said as they watched the view with Kris holding him from the back.

 

“I want to stay like this with you forever. I want to us – me, you and peach – to stay this way. Even though mama is not here with us, we can still be happy. Now that everything has come to an end, I don’t know how to explain how much I love you, Xing. You’re the greatest thing that happened to me and I would not trade you for anything. To a happier future together,” Kris said as he clasped Yixing’s fingers tighter.