Chapter 17

The Wedding Planner

The drive back to the airport the day after was a quiet one. Lay chose this moment to reflect on what he told about his past to Kris. He didn't want Kris to know about under such circumstances but he was glad too that Kris knows the truth about it. He placed his hand over his growing child as he thought about what the future might hold. He thought about the words that Li Han said to him; its either the baby or him. The guilt began eating him up inside as he realises how he did not tell Kris about the agreement on purpose.

 

Lay looked over at Kris when he felt a hand intertwining with his. Kris brought the back of his hand to his lips, kissing it tenderly, like he was telling Lay that everything will be fine. But it made Lay wonder; how will everything be fine when he is going to lose Kris or their little peach?

 

They got out of the car as a man in a suit took their luggages out. One of the man took the car keys from Kris and drove off. Kris took Lay's hands into his, holding it tightly as they walked to the counter. Kris got their luggages onto the conveyor belt to be deposited into the plane. Once they were done with the admin matters, Lay requested that they took a seat on one of the chairs as he was already feeling exhausted.

 

Lay sat down as he laid his head onto Kris' shoulder, finding comfort as the older wrapped his arms around his waist. Lay played with the hem of Kris' shirt as the both of them enjoyed the silence engulfing them. Kris took this opportunity to think over the events that has been happening the past months. The mysterious man. Finding out about Lay's marriage. Meeting Han-shi. He placed all the pieces together and realises that everything fitted nicely. How the same mysterious man, Li Han, was the one who has been watching his Yixing with lustful eyes. How Li Han pretended to be nice to him and all he wanted was precious information about his Yixing. Kris was taken out of his thoughts when he felt Lay tugging on his sleeves.

 

“Your phone is ringing,” Lay mumbled as he snuggled closer to Kris.

 

Kris took out his phone, realising that it was from his boss. He turned over to his lover as he removed the other from his shoulder, earning him a whine. “Baby, I need to take this call. Wait for me here, okay?” Kris said as he kissed Lay on the lips.

 

 


 

Li Han walked into the airport towards the counter to get his luggage deposited. He walked towards an empty seat as placed his bag next to him. He sighed as he watched silently at some of the couples who were talking intimately. He knew that Jeju was one of a popular honeymoon hotspot and also a mini couple getaway. Being in this island that only screamed romance, made him feel lonely all over again. He watched as different couples walked through the glass door where a plane heading for Japan was at. It reminded him all over again about his Yixing. Japan was a country that he always wanted to visit since college. He remembered fulfilling that promise by bringing him to Japan for their honeymoon; they were happy then. Everything was fine before his emotions took the best of him.

 

Li Han's gaze fell upon a man standing up with a mobile phone in hand as he kissed his whiny lover on the lips before walking to a corner. He recognised the one left behind as his Yixing. He watched quietly as how Yixing looked over at Kris fondly. Yixing showed nothing but pure love for the other; something that he never felt months into their marriage. His heart aches at the thoughts of why Yixing ran away. He thought about the time when he abuses Yixing. The time when he didn't acknowledge his spouse's presence.

 

Li Han got up from where he was seated to where Yixing was. He wanted to do one thing that he always had in mind. He wanted to apologise to Yixing; for all the mistakes. But the little voice in his head tells him otherwise. When Yixing looked up from his phone and sees Li Han standing in front of him, he instinctively moved away.

 

Are you flying back to Seoul?” Li Han started. He laughed when Yixing ignored him. Who was he kidding? Would Yixing want to talk to him after what he said the night before.

 

Xing baby, look at me. I am sorry for what happened when we were in Changsha. I am sorry for everything. For killing our son. For hurting you. I didn't mean to, really. I just love you too much. I know this is too much for me to ask of you. But will you come back to Changsha together with me? We build a new life together. We can have kids together--” He stopped when he sees Yixing looking at him with anger.

 

Stop Li Han! Just stop! I want you to divorce me! I don't want to have anything to do with you. I am engaged to Yifan and we are expecting a baby together. I love him and he loves me too; more than you ever did in fact.” Yixing said as he stood up.

 

Something inside of Li Han snapped at the mention of his Yixing being in love with another man other than him. Yixing belongs to him! And only him! No one is allowed to touch him. Not even impregnate him. He stood up towering over Yixing as anger began building up inside of him.

 

YOU THINK THAT HE IS BETTER THAN ME?! THAT DAMNNED MAN WHO DID NOTHING BUT TO JUST TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S HUSBAND. YOU'RE WRONG YIXING!” He hollered at the top of his voice. “HERE I AM TRYING TO REDEEM MY MISTAKES AND THERE YOU ARE SLEEPING WITH SOME OTHER MAN OTHER THAN ME?! YOU ARE REALLY A CERTIFIED , AREN'T YOU?! I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I SEE IN YOU TO EVEN THINK OF MARRYING YOU, YOU UNGRATEFUL !” Li Han continued as he raised his hand to punch straight at Yixing's pregnant belly.

 

Li Han, I don't think it is appropriate of you to be hitting a pregnant man. You killed one child and you wouldn't want to kill another. Me and Yixing have a flight and a family waiting for us,” Kris said calmly as he used one arm to twist Li Han's arm and another to grab hold of Yixing's free hand.

 

Li Han watched with anger as they couple stalked away to the boarding gates. He curled his hands into fists as he watched them walking away. No one takes whatever belongs to him. NO ONE. A life for a life, Yixing. Its either him or the baby. Li Han chanted in his head.

 

 


 

“Xing baby, wake up. Its time for you to go to work,” Kris said as he tried shaking the man awake.

 

Lay groaned as he snuggled closer into his pillow, hugging his body tightly. Kris watched in amusement how Lay was trying to shut off all the noise around him. He continued shaking the other awake as Lay groaned in the pillow. Kris brushed Lay's fringe off his forehead to get a full view of his lover's face. Kris gasped when he realises that the other's face was tinted red and he was wheezing. Kris placed his hand on Lay's forehead and realises that he was running a fever. Kris dashed out of the room to only bump into Lay's mama.

 

“Mama! Yixing is running a temperature!” Kris panicked.

 

“Yifan, look at me. I need you to calm down and listen,” Mrs Zhang said as she held both of Kris' arms. “I'll call his doctor to come over and while waiting, I need you to change him out of his clothes. Place a wet cloth on his forehead to lower the temperature.” She explained.

 

Kris got a small basin and a cloth to go with it and carried it to the room. His heart ached at the sight of Lay shivering one bed, using his hand for comfort. Kris removed the covers and Lay instinctively curled up into a ball, placing a protective hand over his bump. Kris stripped Lay off his clothes and wiped the other's body. Lay whined in protest as he hated the feeling of the cold air caressing his skin. Kris whispered words of comfort to the other in hopes that it would calm him down. Once he was done doing so, he started wetting the cloth and placed it on Lay's forehead.

 

It was minutes later when the doctor came into their door and a panicked Baekhyun and Chanyeol closely behind. He checked for his vital signs. The old man shook his head as he checked the boy's blood pressure and wrote more notes onto his clipboard. “How far along is he?” The doctor asked.

 

“He's going to be in his fourth month in two weeks,” Kris replied.

 

The doctor looked over at Kris as he gestured for Kris to follow him. “Is there anything wrong with my fiancé and child?” Kris asked.

 

“There's nothing much. But his fever is a little too high. I have already prescribed the mixture that will help to lower his body temperature. It will work within a week.” The doctor explained. “Is he going through stress? Or are the both of you having any problems right now?” He asked.

 

Kris shook his head in response as worry filled him up, “Because his blood pressure is too low. This is common among pregnant mothers but I am sure that this is caused by the stress he is experiencing. However, this is dangerous for the baby because he or she feels the same way as his mother does. I think its best for him to stay home till he's due. He still may go to work but please ensure that he eats his meal regularly and please monitor his blood pressure. I have prescribed pills that will help with his blood pressure, however, I still need you to visit his gynaecologist to check on him further,” The doctor finished off as he thanked Kris.

 

Kris walked back into the room to see Lay wide awake as Mrs Zhang fed him his medications. Lay's face lit up when he sees Kris walking into the room and the trio moved away from the bed to give them some space. Kris sat at the side of the bed as he held Lay's hand tightly. “How are you feeling?” He asked.

 

“Feverish. Weak. I feel like the room is spinning.” Lay replied as he lay deeper into his pillow.

 

“The doctor told me that you have a very high fever and your blood pressure is pretty low,” Kris said. “Its bad for our little peach, baby,” Kris said as he placed a hand on Lay's baby bump.

 

“I know. I'm sorry,” Lay mumbled as he intertwined their fingers together.

 

“Xing baby, are you stressed about something? Is there something on your mind?” Kris asked as he manoeuvred for Lay to lean against his chest.

 

“There's nothing wrong,” Lay mumbled as he played with his engagement ring.

 

“Yixing, don't lie to me,” Kris said as he made a attempt to get Lay to face him.

 

“I'm not lying,” Lay mumbled.

 

“Is this about Li Han?” Kris asked to which Lay nodded in response. “What are you worried about, hmm?”

 

“I'm afraid that he would take you or our little peach away. I don't want that to happen. I love the both of you so much. He's going to do anything in his power to take whatever is precious to me, Fan. And that is you and our little peach.” Lay said as he choked a sob.

 

“Yixing, look at me. Really look at me,” Kris demanded as he held Lay's face in between his palms. “Listen to me, I will never leave you, no matter what happens. I love you too much to let you go. I will do anything to protect you and our baby, okay? You just have to believe in me. Believe in our love,” Kris said as he kissed the back of Lay's hand.

 

“I believe you,” Lay said as he leaned in to kiss Kris on the lips. “I love you, Fan. Thank you,” Lay said softly as his eyes fluttered close.

 

“I love you too. The both of you,” Kris replied.

 

A/N: HIIIII. I'm back.

 

So firstly, there is a change in this fic; LI HAN AND YIXING MET IN COLLEGE AND NOT HIGH SCHOOL.

 

Secondly, I will not be updating on the next weekend, I think. I have an event on that day and I have most of my projects due within these two weeks.

 

Third, I am not going to stop this fic because I want them to have a happy ending. And no, I am not going to kill some of Yixing's precious people.

 

Fourth, sorry for not updating these past few days because I am so busy and I have not been feeling well for the past week. My tummy condition is getting from bad to worse (why am I even telling you guys this?). So, I hope you guys understand.

 

Lastly, thank you so much for the words of encouragement. Really appreciate a lot! Thank you, guys! I love you! <3

 

hope you guys enjoy this update!

 

xoxo