Chapter 12

The Wedding Planner

With all their belongings packed for the short weekend getaway, Kris and Lay stood at the doorway of their apartment together with Lay's mother. The older woman had a small bag in hand – enough for a short weekend stay at The Wu's Mansion. They took one last look at the furnished apartment before Lay dragged his mother to the elevator. She chuckled looking at her son's antics. Lay will always be her baby despite expecting a baby himself. It amazes her to know that her son is actually pregnant once again with the child of the man that he loves. She unconsciously placed her hand over Lay's bulging belly as she caressed it softly.

 

They arrived at the mansion earlier than expected, Mr and Mrs Wu greeted them happily. Mrs Wu exchanged hugs with Mrs Zhang when they found out that they studied in the same college back in their teenage years. It surprises both Kris and Lay to know that they actually remembered each other after more than 20 years of not contacting. They invited the trio inside of the mansion since they still have a lot of time before their flight. Lay looked over to Kris as this was his first time visiting Kris' parents since the time they dated. Kris tightened his hold around Lay's hands as he felt the other tense up.

 

They sat on the couch as one of the maids served them some refreshments. “Ma, Pa. This is Yixing, my boyfriend,” Kris introduced once everyone has settled down.

 

Lay got up from his seat as he shook hands with both Mr and Mrs Wu and sat back down again. The older Wu watched in awe at how respectful Lay was. Mrs Wu smiled over at Mrs Zhang as she knew well that the other woman has brought up her son the right way. Lay bowed his head shyly as he realises that all the eyes were on him – most probably on his swelling belly, Lay thought.

 

“Yixing is expecting my child,” Kris said as he broke the silence once again. They kept quiet as they waited for a reaction from both Mr and Mrs Wu.

 

“Its our grandchild right, honey?” Mrs Wu asked. “How far along are you? Are you eating well? Is it going to be a boy or a girl?” Mrs Wu bombarded them with questions which caught Lay off-guard.

 

“He's--” Kris was stopped when Mrs Wu said, “I want Yixing to tell me. He's the one carrying the baby not you, Fan,” She said as she gave Kris one of her famous glares.

 

“I'm at my third month. We are not sure of the baby's gender but we're fine with both a boy and a girl,” Lay replied softly.

 

Mrs Wu smiled softly as she gestured to Lay, “Come here, honey,” She said softly.

 

Lay hesitated at first but as Kris persuaded him to, he went over to the older woman. He carefully sat down next to her and she took his feminine hands into hers. She caressed Lay's cheeks lovingly as tears glistened her eyes, “Thank you, Yixing. Thank you for opening our Yifan's heart to your love. Thank you for carrying our Yifan's child. You have good genes and I know that your baby will have your genes. Our Yifan was never one who knows how to express himself I am glad that you're the one who did it for him. Please take care of Yifan, yourself and the baby especially,” She said as she pulled Lay into a tight hug.

 

Lay sobbed together with Kris' mother as he calmed down in her embrace. “Sure Mrs Wu. I will try my best to take care of the three of us,” Lay said as he pulled away from her embrace.

 

“Mama. Call me mama too. I like having you in Yifan's life,” Mrs Wu said as she carefully placed her hand over Lay's belly.

 

 


 

 

Kris' father offered to drive them all the way to the airport after they had their lunch at the mansion. Lay was fast to decline the offer because they had already planned to make a taxi booking but the older Wu was persistent – it was exactly like Kris – Lay noted. The ride was quiet but filled with Lay's constant sighs as he relaxes in the seat to get a short nap. Pregnancy has made him more lethargic lately. Kris smiled as he looked over to his lover who was already fast asleep. He pulled the smaller male closer and placed his head on his shoulder.

 

They arrived at the airport in no time and Kris was quick to shake his lover awake. Lay whined in protest as he snuggled closer to Kris' embrace. Mr Wu chuckled looking at the clingy Lay as he watched the other clung onto his son. Kris gave his father a pointed look as the older man surrendered and got out of the car to get their luggage.

 

“Xing baby. You need to get up we have to get on the plane soon. You can take your nap when we take off okay?” Kris persuaded.

 

Lay opened his eyes with a pout on his face as he reluctantly got out of the car. He took his share of the carry-on bags and bowed at Mr Wu in respect before he walked to the airport. Kris gave his father a one-handed hug before bidding the older man goodbye. He noticed his lover talking to two males. One with unusually huge eyes and the other with tanned skin. He noted that the couple would most probably be the ones that are getting married in Jeju. He smiled when he noticed that Lay, once again, is bragging about his pregnancy as he noticed the male with bulging eyes caressed the belly with a motherly smile. When Lay sees him walking towards them, he happily waved him over and grabbed his arm.

 

“And this is the father of my baby,” he said proudly. “Fan, this is Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's best friend and this is Kai or Jongin, his future husband and my client for the next three days,” Lay happily introduced.

 

“Nice to meet you, I'm Yifan but you can call me Kris,” Kris introduced himself as he shook the couple's hands.

 

“Oh look! We can board the plane now!” Lay said excitedly as he dragged Kyungsoo to the boarding area. Kris chuckled as he noticed the sudden change of mood in his lover. Jongin looked at him curiously.

 

“It was 15 minutes ago when he was whining about being exhausted and he seems reluctant to go for the trip. And now look at him, he's all hyped up!” Kris explained.

 

“I can see that. Sorry I had to hold our wedding at Jeju. Its Kyungsoo's dream to tie the knot there. I am just fulfilling it,” Jongin apologised.

 

“Its okay, man! You were lucky that I could get the weekend off from work. I really don't want him to be going alone. So, I decided to accompany him. I am like his personal assistant, if you want to see it that way,” Kris chuckled. “Anyway, this is a good opportunity for me to surprise him,” Kris continued.

 

“Wait. Are you telling me that you're proposing to him in Jeju?!” Jongin asked.

 

“You bet,” Kris said as he strode off to where Lay was waving at him frantically.

 

 

 


 

 

Kris placed their carry-on bags on the compartment above their chairs. He watched as Lay plastered his face against the window as he watches the ground workers doing their last duties before the plane take-off. Kris sat down next to his awe struck boyfriend and he was completely reminded of more than 2 years ago when he first met Lay in the plane. The first time he fell in love. This time, however, was different. They are actually taking the plane together not as two strangers but as two lovers instead.

 

Once the announcement that the plane was going to take-off came, Kris got his hand out and held Lay's hand tightly as he knows really well how much he dreaded this. Lay held his hand tightly as he shut his eyes because he does not want to feel the fear. Once they were safely on air, Lay looked over to Kris and tilted his head in wonder.

 

“I feel like I felt this way before. Its like dejavu,” Lay said.

 

Kris' face lit up at the mention of Lay might remember that this happened before. The chances of Lay remembering that small piece of memory from two years ago is high. “What do you mean, baby?” Kris asked.

 

“I think I have been on the plane once and the man sat next to me really looked like you,” Lay said as he rested his finger on his chin.

 

“We have been on the plane together before, honey,” Kris said which caught Lay's attention.

 

“We have? When was it?” Lay asked once again.

 

“When I was flying back to Seoul from Beijing and you were flying to Seoul from Beijing and I assumed that you took a domestic flight from Changsha to Beijing,” Kris explained.

 

“You remembered?” Lay asked.

 

“Vaguely. I remember trying to get you to talk to me but you were to shy and quiet,” Kris said as he left the part that Lay was crying out. “And that was when I fell in love with you at first sight,” Kris said as he pinched Lay's nose in affection.

 

“So, you do remember. I guess I kind of forgotten how you looked like after awhile and taking the plane just reminded me again.” Lay said.

 

“I do, darling. Take a nap. You're exhausted, aren't you?” Kris suggested as he placed Lay's head on his shoulder and intertwined their fingers together.

 

So, he doesn't remember seeing me crying?

 

 

 


 

The venue for the wedding is already set and waiting for the guests and also the couple. Kris spent most of his time driving Lay from place to place in his rented car for the two future Kims. Lay was enthusiastic despite being 3 months pregnant. It was difficult for them to get everything ready two days before the wedding. But everything goes as planned for the couple as well as Lay. The chapel where the couple would soon be wedded is located at a cliff facing the sea; which is one of the criteria requested by the couple. A red carpet was placed at the entrance of the chapel with pink and white rose petals decorating the its sides which symbolises; their love and happiness. The chapel's backyard is converted into the reception area for after the ceremony. Ten tables were placed that can accommodate up to 50 guests. Each table were decorated with a candle and a lone rose in the middle, a few rose petals were used for the decorations. The tables were arranged in a way where the guests are able to socialise with one another and also the newly-weds. Now that all the decorations are in place, they are left with a day left for the big day where they will celebrate the union of Kim Jongin and Do Kyungsoo.

 

The day of the couple's union arrived before both Kris and Lay realised it. Both of them had a quick breakfast as they separated ways to their respective jobs. Lay went over to Kyungsoo family's holiday house to get the groom ready while Kris went over to the hotel to drive Jongin to the chapel. Once Jongin arrived at the chapel, he was greeted with the guests. Kris smiled at every single one of them when Jongin formally introduced him to each and everyone of them. Kris was shocked to know that the couple actually has a lot of contacts.

 

They waited at the altar patiently as Jongin fiddled with his fingers. Different thoughts ran through his head. What if they met with an accident? Because Jongin knows that he shouldn't entrust his beloved's life on a pregnant man. But he was taken out of his reverie when he sees the door of the chapel opening. Lay walked to his seat in the front as he gave Jongin a thumbs-up. It was minutes later when the wedding march was played and Kynuugsoo walked down the aisle with a bouquet of roses in one hand and his other hand hooked around his father. He had a shy smile on his face when he made eye contact with Jongin.

 

The contract was then sealed with a kiss and a wedding band around both of their fingers. The couple then ran down the aisle to the entrance to do the customary bouquet toss.

 

A/N: seriously guys, please ignore that customary bouquet toss thingy because I swear I have no idea what is it called. And just when you guys think that this is the end of kaisoo's wedding. Sorry to burst the bubble because its not the end of their wedding YET. I mean, aren't you guys dying to know who caught the bouquet?!

 

And yay for my first 100 upvotes for CIBTR. And I think its adorable how some confused between Li Han and Luhan. I'm sorry I had to name Li Han that way. ><

 

anyway, enjoy this chap!

 

Xoxo.