Chapter 9

The Wedding Planner

“Take care of yourself and our little marshmallow, okay? And don't miss your meals. I want our marshmallow to be healthy and grow up into a wonderful little girl,” Chanyeol said as he kissed Baekhyun on his forehead.

 

“Yes, Channie! I would definitely not miss my meals so that our marshmallow can grow well. And how do you know that we are having a girl?” Baekhyun asked as he punched Chanyeol playfully on his arm.

 

“Because I just feel that we are going to have a daughter,” Chanyeol replied. “Hey, is that someone at the door?” He asked as he eyed the suspicious man standing there.

 

“I think he is just one of those irritating customers who like to poke their head in the shop when we are kind of not open,” Baekhyun explained.

 

“Okay, baby. See you later during lunch.” Chanyeol said as he pinched Baekhyun's nose one last time before going off to his office building.

 

When Baekhyun entered the boutique, the man who was standing outside was quick to leave, mumbling a nearly incoherent I'm sorry. Baekhyun only shrugged in response as he watched the man fled. It was his first time seeing him though but Baekhyun knew that he is not a native Korean. He sat down in his designated workroom next to Lay's and started looking through the files. Since the time Lay got pregnant, Kris requested that his young lover to take full two months leave. They were lucky though that it is not the peak wedding period. Baekhyun marked the couples that he knows that both him and his other colleagues are not able to handle and placed it on Lay's table. Even though he misses his best friend dearly, he knows that Lay is coming back to work at the end of the week.

 

 

 


 

 

 

Lay woke up the next morning feeling more refreshed than he did two months ago. He did not experience any of his usual morning sickness and he knew that their little peach is being nice to him once again. He turned over to his left and smiled when he sees his beloved laying next to him. Once again, Lay unconsciously traced Kris' features with his fingers. He took Kris' hand and gently placed over his hard tummy. Even though he hasn't start showing, Lay loves it when Kris touched his tummy or him doing it for the other. Because he never get to experience that with Li Han. Lay mentally slapped himself when his mind drifted off to Li Han. Why should he be thinking of a useless man like him?

 

Kris felt someone touching his face yet again that morning. He knew it is none other than Yixing. The other has developed a habit to do that whenever he wakes up earlier than him. It felt like as if he was trying to convince himself that Kris is really next to him. He was about to catch the hand but he was taken by surprise when Lay placed his hand on his small bump. That was another habit Lay developed since the time they found out that he is expecting. Kris slipped his fingers in between Lay's and he heard the other gasped in surprise.

 

“You were awake,” Lay said shyly.

 

“I am awake,” Kris replied. “You do know that I am a light sleeper and you really have a habit of touching my face,” Kris commented as he kissed Lay's forehead.

 

“Did little peach wake you up today?” Kris asked as he pushed the fringe away from Lay's forehead.

 

“Nope. He did not make me feel queasy,” Lay explained.

 

“Then why are you wake half an hour earlier?” Kris asked.

 

“Because I wanted to be sure that I will be waking up next to you and I also want to be sure that you will be driving me to the boutique,” Lay said.

 

“I definitely won't miss my baby's first day of work after his two months leave, would I?” Kris said as he pinched Lay's nose. “We should get up soon before mama nagged about how pregnant people should be awake early,” Kris said as he pulled Lay up and walked them to the connected bathroom.

 

Once the couple are already dressed up for work, Lay bade his mother goodbye. He whined about how he did not want to leave her behind and how he did not spend enough time with her. Mrs Zhang could only laugh at how whiny her son has gotten over the two months. She promised him his favourite for dinner before Lay was at the door once again. She kissed him on his cheeks and Kris intertwined their fingers together, dragging Lay to the elevator because he knows that the boy would not leave the house if they stayed a minute longer.

 

“Are you excited to finally go back to work?” Kris asked.

 

“No. because I miss mama and little peach misses his grandmama too,” Lay pouted.

 

“I would already jump you if I am not driving,” Kris stated and Lay blushed. “Baby, you can see mama when we get home for dinner. Anyway, you don't want to miss anymore work because your assignments are going to pile up,” Kris explained as he pulled over at the curb.

 

He got out of the driver's seat and went over to the passenger side and opened the door for his lover. Lay looked up and grabbed hold of the hand that was stretched out for him. He mumbled a soft thanks and pecked him on the cheeks as a gift. Kris smiled as he pinched the other's nose because Lay was never one who shows his affection in public. This is a first for him and he has been doing it a lot since the time he was expecting. They walked hand in hand to the boutique but they stopped midway when they notice the suspicious man standing outside their store. Kris was about to call out to the man but he was fast enough to turn and look at them before walking off, with a hood covering his face.

 

The man took a glimpse of Lay before walking pass him hitting him on the shoulders in the process. “Hey! Watch where you're going you ! You don't just hit a pregnant man just like that!” Kris shouted.

 

“That's enough, Fan. I think he didn't do it on purpose.” Lay said as he pulled his lover back. That man's aura is familiar though.

 

“But Xing baby! Its obvious he did it on purpose! I don't want him to hurt our little peach,” Kris said as he walked Lay into the shop

 

 

 


 

 

After mama left for Seoul, I knew that I am left with no other choice but to follow her just to see my first love, Yixing. Those fools. How can they think that they can hide from me? Yixing-ah, do you really think that I would leave you alone just because you're all the way in Seoul. I have my men to back me up. I have my men to give me information about you. With these information in hand, it would be enough to track you down. I am going to hunt you down and make sure that you won't feel the happiness that I couldn't feel. I have to make sure that you lose someone so precious like how I lost that child you aborted. A life for a life.

 

 

 

I haven't made any progress in tracking my beloved down since the time I landed in Seoul. My men have been doing a lot just for me to see my beloved. I am always at the boutique that he opened the moment he landed here and I am so proud of him. I found out later that he changed his name from Zhang Yixing to Lay Zhang. Why? I heard people said because it was easier for the Koreans but I think its because he doesn't want me to look for him. What do you take me for, baby? I am not dumb, darling. I have my ways to see you again.

 

I was taken out of my reverie when I heard the familiar voice talking to someone. I looked up to see a man who was no older than both of us holding MY YIXING by his waist. Where do you think you're touching him?! He is my wife. I am the only one who can touch him that way. I realised that the man seems to notice me. I pulled up my hood and walked pass them, ensuring that I bumped shoulders with Yixing. I heard the other man screaming at me for pushing MY YIXING and him being pregnant. Wait, pregnant? Yixing is pregnant and it is that man's child?! He has with him despite being legally married to me?!

 

I turned back only to see the man wrapping his arms around MY YIXING'S waist. He rubbed his belly calling that sinful thing their little peach. I looked over to his left ring finger and realised that he doesn't have the wedding band that we exchanged four years ago. He has moved on with another man then. I am fine with it but he has to pay for my broken heart and for aborting my child. I shall and I will take away the most precious thing to him.

 

Either the man or that sinful thing growing inside of him.

 

 

 


 

 

“Yixing-ge!” Baekhyun squealed the moment he sees Lay walking inside the boutique.

 

All his other employees crowded around the couple asking them how are they doing – especially the baby. Lay happily answered their queries and looked over to Kris once in awhile begging for help. His employees and Baekhyun bombarded him with questions ranging from how living together is like and what does his little peach wants to eat. Kris was quick to answer the questions regarding his cravings – because Kris states that only the father is allowed to satisfy all the cravings. When Kris notice that Lay looks uncomfortable with all the questions, he excused them as they made their way to Lay's office.

 

Lay sat on the couch mumbling something about how his employees are more excited about his pregnancy than Baekhyun's pregnancy; seeing that he is not married and pregnant. Kris was next to him massaging his temple for him while they waited for Baekhyun to come in with green tea for Lay. Once Baekhuyn entered, he was fast to ask about Lay's condition to which Kris replied happily.

 

“Hey Baek, can I ask you something?” Kris asked.

 

“Yeah. Sure. Anything! As long as it has nothing to do with whether my baby was made during the honeymoon,” Bakehuyn replied.

 

“Am not interested in your life,” Kris scoffed. “Have you seen that man who was standing in front of the shop before?” Kris asked.

 

“Oh? That man with the hood on?” Baekhyun asked with a quirk of his eyebrow. “He has been there since the beginning of this week. When I asked him if he needed anything, he would just glare at me and pushed me,” Baekhyun said.

 

“I mean. He's too suspicious to me! He keeps on glaring at me and Yixng since the time we arrived here. It was obvious that he sees Yixing there and he bumped his shoulders with my baby. I was lucky that Yixing did not fall because that would cause our little peach!” Kris exclaimed.

 

“Chill, Kris. Its not like we can take any action against him because he did not do anything to disrupt our business. He's here only early in the morning, break and when we are closing. Oh! And I think you should keep a closer look on Yixing because from your explanation, it sounds like he wants to eat him up,” Baekhyun warned.

 

I will protect him with my life,” Kris said as he gazed down at Lay who seems to have dozed off.