Chapter 13

The Wedding Planner

Kris felt like dejavu again. This was the second time he felt this way the moment he stepped foot on Jeju Island. He wasn't acting as Jongin's best man but he promised his pregnant lover that he would drive the other to the chapel. Once they arrived at the chapel, he wasn't surprised to know that the visitors actually assumed him to be Jongin's best man. He was happy, however, to know that Jongin was quick to remove the understanding and introduced him as the wedding planner. The wedding planner's lover to be exact.

 

Kris walked Jongin to the altar where the priest and some of the guests are already seated waiting patiently for the bride or groom. Kris who noticed the younger male's nervousness was quick to tell him that everything will be fine and Kyungsoo will safely arrive together with Lay. He was about to take his seat on the bench beside Chanyeol and Baekhyun but he was stopped short when the door to the chapel opened. And there he is, his beloved Yixing is walking down the aisle yet again. Looking handsome despite being three months pregnant, Lay made his way to Kris who has his mouth wide open. He walked up to Kris and intertwined their hands together as he pulled the taller to sit down next to him.

 

Kris then felt like dejavu again. The first time he remembered seeing Lay standing at the end of an aisle was when they were reviewing the venue for both Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Back then was when Lay hasn't opened up to him yet. Their relationship was of a client-salesperson relationship and not one that they are in now. This time, however, Kris likes to think of it as something that has more impact than the first. The difference was that they actually are in a relationship and Lay is finally pregnant with his child. And Kris knew well that he couldn't ask for more than what he has right now.

 

Throughout the time, Kris' mind was only on how beautiful Lay looked at that moment. How their finger fit nicely together. How he wished that they are actually married. How he wished to see their son/daughter as soon as possible. Kris looked at the smile that Lay had as the couple exchanged their vows; the dimples denting his right cheeks. He didn't realise how lucky he was to have Lay with him and Kris was thankful for that. He thanked the heavens for opening his heart to a love just like Lay's and he could not ask for more.

 

Kris was taken out of his reverie when he felt Lay tugging on his left hand. 'Ah, its the bouquet thing,' Kris thought. Lay dragged them to the back most of the crowd as he wanted to capture the moment where the bouquet was being tossed. To their surprise, the bouquet landed on their hands, once again. Kris looked at the bouquet and smiled because this definitely feels like dejavu and they are definitely next. Lay, however, stared at Kris with a shy smile as he too recalled the first time they caught a bouquet together.

 

Without Kris realising it, he pulled Lay into a short kiss filled with love. The guests cheered for them as they teased them about being the next. Lay pulled away first as he ushered the guests to the reception area.

 

 


 

Lay was packing their belongings into the luggages when Kris got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist and another to dry his hair. Lay, who sensed the other's presence, let out a sigh, “Its sad that we're leaving Jeju so soon,” he pouted.

 

Kris chuckled looking at his lover's cute reaction because he has no idea what Kris had planned for them. He walked to the other and wrapped his arms around the other's waist, promptly placing his hand on the small baby bump, “Who says that we're leaving Jeju?” Kris asked.

 

Lay immediately turned around in Kris' hold when he heard the other, “What are you trying to say?” Lay asked as his eyes sparkle in excitement.

 

“Well, what I am trying to tell you right now is that I have a whole day in Jeju planned for the both of us,” Kris said as he pinched Lay's nose.

 

“Really? Just the both of us?!” Lay asked as he jumped in excitement.

 

“Yes, really. But we're going to the airport to send Baek and Chan off to Seoul.” Kris said. “Go and get dressed,” Kris said as he took a towel and pushed Lay to the bathroom.

 

Once they were in the car, Lay could not help but bombard Kris with questions about what he had planned for them. Lay was very excited to know that he is going on a trip together with Kris even though it will just be for one day and one night – seeing that its already passed their dinner time. Kris could only chuckle looking at how excited Lay is about the short romantic getaway he planned. As for Lay, he was excited most probably because he never went on a trip together with a lover because Li Han never thought of bringing him somewhere romantic. Kris is most probably his first love or the first guy to actually love him like how a lover should.

 

Lay got out of the car to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol and Jongin and Kyungsoo already waiting for them. Baekhyun had his mouth wide open when he realises that Kris was not even kidding about them not going back to Seoul together with them. Jongin could not keep his hands to himself as he continued touching Kyungsoo at inappropriate places. Kyungsoo blushed when he felt Jongin brushing against his sensitive skin.

 

“You're not even kidding when you said that the both of you will be having your short getaway here?!” Baekhyun exclaimed.

 

“Yes, I am not kidding, I have everything planned for our romantic night together,” Kris said as he hugged Lay from the back brushing his nose against Lay's fluffy hair.

 

“And I have to close all the accounts for this month?!” Baekhyun whined and exclaimed at the same time.

 

“Don't worry, Baek. I'll be back as soon as possible to close half of the accounts,” Lay offered.

 

“I DON'T WANT THAT. I WANT YOU TO SIT NEXT TO ME AND DO IT TOGETHER WITH ME!” Baekhyun protested. “Channie! Why you never bring me on a short getaway now that I am expecting?!” Baekhyun whined when he turned to Chanyeol.

 

“Because I have better things planned for you,” Chanyeol reasoned.

 

“You always say that but it never happens!” Baekhyun pouted as he walked away. Chanyeol's shoulder slumped when he realises that Baekhyun is in one of his moods again.

 

“I'll see you guys a two or three days, I guess?” Chanyeol said as he bade goodbye. “Congratulations and have fun the both of you,” Chanyeol said as he turned over to the Kims. He ran over to where Baekhyun had situated himself at and tried persuading him.

 

“All the best and have fun, Yifan ge,” Jongin said as he gave Kris a pat on the shoulder.

 

“Thank you. And have fun on your honeymoon. I want to hear some good news from Kyungsoo soon,” Kris said as he smiled over at a blushing Kyungsoo.

 

Once the couple left the airport, Kris drove them to one of the nearby restaurants by the sea. Kris did his research and realises that it is well-known for its seafood. He also found out that tourists usually visit this restaurant whenever they are at Jeju because they are well-known for the huge variety of seafood. Throughout the course of dinner, Lay has been bugging Kris to tell him what he has planned for them but the other told him that he would know the next morning. Lay tried all kinds of methods to get Kris to tell him about the plans but Kris wouldn't give in. He used aegyo too because he knows that aegyo is Kris' weakest point but it did not work on him either. All Lay could do was to wait for the next day to know what is in store for him.

 

Unbeknownst to them, there was a man watching them from a corner.

 

 


 

Morning came earlier than Kris expected it to be. He was glad to know that the moment he was awake, Lay was still asleep despite swearing that he would be awake earlier than Kris. Kris chuckled as he pulled his hand away from beneath Lay's head and replacing it with a pillow. Lay snuggled closer into the pillow as he sighed in content. Kris picked up the discarded shirt on the chair and put it on. He walked to the living room to order their breakfast. While waiting, Kris decided to freshen up. Breakfast came within half an hour and he took the tray from the hotel staff – giving them a huge amount of tip – and carefully carried it to the room.

 

By the time he arrived, Lay was already half-awake. He rubbed his eyes lazily as he shot up smelling his favourite pancakes. Kris placed the tray on Lay's lap and positioned himself behind Lay. The pregnant male begged to be fed and Kris could do nothing but to comply to his demands. Once they were done, Kris helped Lay to the bathroom as he prepared the clothes that he wants Lay to have on for their date.

 

Kris waited patiently for the other in the living room with 12 stalks of red roses in his hand. When Lay emerged from the room, his hand went to his mouth on instinct when he sees his lover with the flowers. “Good morning, baby. Ready for our date?” Kris asked as he handed the bouquet to Lay.

 

Lay blushed as he accepted the flowers. They walked hand in hand to the rented car. “Where are we heading to?” Lay asked.

 

“Just wait and see, honey. This is something that you might love,” Kris said as he kissed Lay on the cheek.

 

 


 

Lay took the opportunity to take a nap during the two hours long car ride to their destination. Kris told him that this would be the longest and most romantic date ever and he needs a lot of energy to last him throughout the day. Kris drummed his fingers against the steering wheel as he hummed to the music that was playing from the stereo. He glanced over to Lay every once in awhile to ensure that he is comfortable. His face lit up when the stables came into sight. Kris parked the car at the designated area and greeted the owner of the stable. The owner brought out the white horse from the stable.

 

“Its beautiful,” Kris said as he the horse's back gently. He was glad that the owner has the horse that he requested for.

 

Kris jogged over to the car to see Lay stretching in the car looking around at his surroundings. He opened the door for the other male as he got out of the car. When Lay sees the horse waiting for him, he jumped in glee and dashed to the horse. He the horse's mane. Lay looked over Kris who was walking towards them

 

“Do you like it?” Kris asked.

 

“I like it, Fan! You bought this for me?” Lay asked happily.

 

“I didn't buy it for you. But I rented it for today so we could ride it to fulfil one of your dreams,” Kris explained.

 

“Its a unicorn, Fan! I definitely like it!” Lay exclaimed.

 

“But its not a unicorn, xing. Its a white horse,” Kris corrected him.

 

“I don't care, Fan! But it looks like a unicorn to me,” Lay said as he continued admiring the horse.

 

“Peach, look at what papa got us! Its a unicorn even though you would be telling baba that its a white horse, baba still would like to think of it as a unicorn!” Lay said as he his belly. “Can we ride it?” Lay asked the owner with full of hope.

 

“Yes, you may,” The owner said as he helped Lay on the horse.

 

They spent an hour riding the horse on the beach. Lay would constantly point out at the thing that interests him. There were times he would pat his belly and talked to their little peach how he enjoyed being here and how papa is taking care of baba well. Kris listened on to Lay's incessant talking. He listened to most of his stories but half of the time he would just admire his lover's face. He smiled at the thought of how they are finally in a relationship and expecting their first born. Kris was glad that he is ready to take this relationship into a more serious level despite knowing that Lay is still legally married. Once they arrived at the stable, Lay spoke to the horse one more time and promised it that he would come back when their little peach is old enough to ride the horse.

 

“Are we done for today?” Lay asked as he hooked his arms around Kris'

 

“Nope. There is one other thing that I prepared for us,” Kris said as he led them to the car.

 

A/N: so I have a sudden burst of inspirations and I definitely can start fulfilling requests soon. So just wait for my PMs (for those who requested) because I would be asking for your opinions soon. But am not posting it soon enough though! Look forward to it~

 

and enjoy this chap!

 

Xoxo