Chapter 2

The Wedding Planner

For the next few days till Kris' appointment with Lay, he spent his time walking pass the boutique. Kris has to admit that he feels like a stalker most of the times but he just can't take his eyes off the beauty. Kris' would opt for walking to the shops to buy his lunch instead of driving just so he could get a glimpse of his beloved. There were times when he walked pass the glass window, he sees Lay talking to Baekhyun – and he hoped and prayed that the smaller Korean male did not notice him. There was one time when he sees his beloved talking seriously on the phone while rubbing his eyes, trying to stop the tears from flowing. Why is he doing that? Kris would think. But one of the times that Kris can never take his mind off was the time when he sees his beloved played with the ring on his finger with a longing look.

 

“Hyung! Are you okay?” Chanyeol asked as he waved his hand in front of Kris' face.

 

“Hmm? Yeah. I am. Why?” Kris asked in return.

 

“I don't know. You have been doing a lot of thinking since the time I asked you to visit the boutique,” Chanyeol pointed out. “Is there something on your mind?” He asked.

 

“Well, yeah. I guess.” Kris said.

 

“You know that you can tell me about it, right?” Chanyeol said.

 

“Hey, who is the owner of the boutique again?” Kris asked.

 

“Oh! His name is Lay Zhang and he is Chinese too!” Chanyeol said happily.

 

“I was wondering. What is wrong with him? Like does he have any problems?” Kris asked.

 

“I am not in a position to be telling you that. But he's been through a lot. He is a friend of mine and Baekhyun's,” Chanyeol replied.

 

“Oh right.” Kris mumbled.

 

 


 

Kris' most awaited day came. He was in his office once again, making sure that he looks presentable meeting his beloved. Kris cleared all his schedules at noon and the evening just so he could spend more time with his beloved. Chanyeol came running into his office telling him all of the things that Baekhyun might like and want for their wedding. Kris wasn't paying attention as his mind drifted off to his beloved. How he wants to see the dimples. How he wants to hear his soothing voice. How he wants to feel the touch of his skin. Kris is ready in half an hour and he has another half an hour to drive to the boutique. He wanted to wait for another 15 more minutes but he was too eager to wait.

 

Kris hopped into his car and started the engine. The drive to the boutique took faster than expected. Throughout the journey, he glanced at the rear view mirror, making sure that he looks presentable. Very presentable. Kris parked his car next to the curb and got out before looking at himself in the mirror. He walked through the door but was greeted with someone he did not expect to see – Byun Baekhyun.

 

“Oh Kris hyung?” Baekhyun said as he walked towards the tall man. “What are you doing here?” He asked with a file in hand.

 

“Umm. Just. I have an appointment today,” Kris replied, trying his best to keep his cool.

 

“Oh! You mean Yixing-ge?” Baekhyun exclaimed to which he nodded in response. “He is taking a ten minute coffee break though. He has a lot to attend to today. So yeah.” Baekhyun explained.

 

Baekhyun walked them over to the small room to which Kris recognised as Lay's room. Baekhyun opened the door and gestured for the taller to take a seat. He set out all the files for different things needed for a wedding. From the theme, to venues, to tailoring and the catering. Kris examined the file carefully as he tried his best to recall what Chanyeol told him about before he left. A beep from his phone took him out of his reverie and sure enough it was none other than Park Chanyeol, reminding him about the things that he needs. Kris nearly dropped his phone when Baekhyun appeared next to him with a cup of coffee.

 

“So, you're getting married?” He asked eagerly.

 

“No,” Kris replied simply.

 

“Thought so. Because as far as I remember, you are not dating anyone and your social life consist of me, Channie, your business partners, some of your university friends and not forgetting your office,” Baekhyun stated matter-of-factly.

 

“Do you have a problem with it?” Kris grumbled.

 

“Well, yes I do! Because people who makes an appointment here are those who are getting married! Not like losers like you!” Baekhyun said as he filed his nails.

 

“Oh really, Byun? As far as I am concerned-”

 

“--Byun Baekhyun! How many times do I have to tell you not to talk to our clients in that tone? And please do not file your nails with food here!” Lay or Kris' beloved came in angrily.

 

“But Yixing-ge! There's nothing wrong with behaving this way when I know this socially awkward man really well!” Baekhyun protested.

 

“No excuses from you, Byun. Get out of my office because I have a client to attend to.” Lay snapped that sent Baekhyun stomping away.

 

“Please don't mind him. He has always been like this. So, looking at both of your relationship, I can assume that you are friends right?” Lay started as he smiled up to Kris.

 

“Ye-yeah. He's my best friend's fiance,” Kris replied.

 

“Ah, Park Chanyeol's best friend then. So, how can I help you today, Mr Wu?” Lay asked.

 

“Kris. Remove all the honorific and call me Kris.” Kris said smiling up to Lay.

 

Lay blushed slightly as Kris smiled at him. “So, shall we begin?” He asked his voice get a little softer.

 

Lay spent the next two hours briefing Kris all the things that needed to be prepared for a wedding. Kris listened but his mind would sometimes drift off to thinking about how soft Lay's skin would feel on his. Sometimes he would eye the ring on the younger's left hand. It got him thinking. If his husband was someone who abuses him, why would he still be using the ring on his finger? Is he still in love with the abusive man? Lay cleared his throat once again when he realises that Kris is distracted once again. Kris looked up and smiled at the latter to show that he is indeed listening.

 

“So, Kris-shi is there any particular theme that you and your wife have in mind?” He asked.

 

“Well, I am actually here to help another one of my best friend's surprise wedding,” Kris explained because he does not want to risk Lay thinking that he would soon be a married man.

 

Lay nodded in response as he continued on to showing Kris some of the wedding themes that he knows of that would fit a surprise wedding and also the personality of the couple. Lay then learnt that this is a reunion of both males rather than a heteroual couple. Lay suggested that Kris should choose a garden wedding for the couple instead because garden weddings are the best for a surprise wedding and the description of the couple. He then showed Kris of the timeline. It is where Kris would be informed of most of the things that need to be prepared for the wedding. Kris heaved a sigh of relief when he knows that it would be done in two months. Lay then informed Kris that he needs to bring in the measurements for the couple so that he could get the suits ready.

 

“So, that's more or less of the things that we need to prepare.” Lay said as he stood up for a handshake.

 

“Thank you. Really.” Kris said as he took Lay's hand to return the gesture.

 

“So, we'll be seeing each other more often for the next to months, Kris-shi,” Lay said as he walked Kris to the door.

 

“I guess so,” Kris replied. “And please just call me Kris. Not Mr Wu. Not Kris-shi either,” Kris said as he flashed Lay one of his charming smiles.

 

 


 

By the time he arrived at his apartment, it was already a little over 8 in the evening. Kris spent his time in the bar alone that night as he recalled about his conversation with Lay. His mind drifted off to the many questions about Lay. Why was he crying the day they met in the plane? Where did he get the scars and bruises from? Why does Lay keeps on flinching when their hands brushed against one another? Was it a reflex or was it something else? What has he gone through that changed him into who he is right now?

 

Kris threw his briefcase on the couch next to him as he loosen his tie and ruffled his hair. He never understood why is he bothered by that wedding planner because they are not even in a relationship to begin with. This is not the Kris Wu he knows. The Kris Wu that he knows really well is someone who only cares about himself. He does not meddle in someone else's affair. Kris was taken out of his train of thoughts when Chanyeol jumped onto the couch next to him.

 

“SO, WHAT IS THE WEDDING PLAN LIKE?” Chanyeol asked like the excited child he is.

 

 


 

Lay sat down on the stool next to the kitchen island as he bit into the apple he had in hand. He was in deep thoughts once again. The last time he remembers doing this was when he was planning his escape from Li Han. Kris Wu. The name resound in his head once again. Why was the man gazing at him like he has known him for a long time? Have he met him before? Was he the man who helped him on the plane a year ago? Lay shook his head violently as he brushed off the idea of the man he met in the plane. How can he be so sure? He doesn't even remember his name! Or is he a friend of Li Han? Did Li Han sent him to Seoul under the pretense of looking for a wedding planner? Is Li Han using him to get back to him?

 

Lay shivered unconsciously as his mind drifted off to the times when Li Han abused him. It is possible for Li Han to send someone to get him back? Li Han is a smart man he would definitely come and get him. He would do anything to have Lay back in his arms. The apple in his hand dropped on the kitchen floor as he started trembling from fear. Baekhyun got into the kitchen to see his best friend crying.

 

“Shh. Its okay, Yixing-ah. He is not here. He won't come and get you because you have me and Channie with you,” Baekhyun soothe the crying male in his arms.

 

Once Lay has stopped crying he spoke up, “I think Li Han is going to get me,” He said softly.

 

“What are you talking about, ge?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Kris Wu. He is one of Li Han's man,” Lay said as he broke down into tears.

 

It pains Baekhyun to see his best friend breaking down like this because of a traumatic experience. Every night Lay would jolt awake from the same recurring nightmare of Li Han coming to get him. But to even see him being this afraid was something he is not used to. Kris. How can Kris be working for someone like Li Han? The Kris he knows is not someone like that. In fact he is someone who would protect someone so precious to him.

 

Baekhyun brought Lay's face between his palms and said, “The Kris Wu I know is not someone as notorious as Li Han. I have known him for life that I would definitely trust him to protect you,”

 

Baekhyun spent the night telling Lay of how he got to know Kris – together with Chanyeol of course. Lay eventually calmed down when he heard Baekhyun's stories of Kris Wu.