Chapter 8

Torn Between Two

[ Hi, i'm back! Miss me? Kekeke I hope this chapter will make up for the long wait....maybe, maybe not. Oh well, enjoy reading guys! (: ]

 

“I’m sorry once again. I didn't know…well…urm…about you guys…yeah” His smile turned into a frown.

“Ani, it’s alright Chen. I think I should leave now, it’s getting late. I’ll see you on Saturday” Hana faked a smile and quietly leave the café with Nana by her side.

The walk back home was accompanied with an unbearable silence. Nana knew Hana was in deep thoughts so Nana refrained herself from making things worse. Nana’s frown expression immediately turned into a worried look when she spotted a small tear on Hana’s face.

“Hana-ah…..are you alright?”

Hana turned her head from Nana, and pressed a finger on her lashes.

“Something got into my eye.”

Nana didn’t say another word when she caught another tear rolling down Hana’s cheek. Those tears which Hana held back, betrayed her. This time, Hana couldn’t care less. She couldn’t care how weak she looked right now in front of Nana.

Nana gently placed her arms around Hana’s back and for a moment, everything was okay.

______________________________________________________________________

“Hana-ah when you’re feeling better, call me alright. Oh and here, you need this more than I do.” Nana placed her sunglasses on Hana’s palm and winked.

For a moment Hana was confused but soon she realised that it was because her eyes were red and puffy and Nana knew how Kris would freaked out when he sees Hana in that state.

“Thank you, really.” Hana muttered.

Nana smiled and took a bus back home. She took a seat near the window and placed her headset over her ears. She tried to drown herself into the music but she couldn’t. Her thoughts wandered to what Chen said an hour ago.

“Oh….it’s a long story. Erm well we are neighbours actually, as in we live in the same apartment but different level. I used to see him a lot and yeah I frequently saw you waiting for him at the lobby too.…but hey I’m not a stalker by the way.” Chen quickly explained, receiving giggles from both of the girls.

“Well wait a minute, I don’t remember seeing you at the lobby…” Hana’s voiced trailed.

“Durh how could you possibly notice me when you are too in love with him?” Chen mumbled, hoping that they won’t hear what he said.

But Hana clearly heard it. Her heart ached.

“Yeah… I was blindly in love with him I guess…”

“Huh? Wha--?”

“We are over Chen, I’m not together with him anymore.” Hana finally said it.

“What the? I didn’t know, I’m really sorry-“

“It’s alright.”

“You know, I’m actually glad that you broke up with him. You don’t know how many girls I’d see at the lobby waiting for him. He’s a jerk right a ing jerk I swear. Gosh, if only I could kill him.”

Hana and Nana mouth gasped open.

Chen’s face fell when he realised what he just said. He mentally slapped himself. Me and my stupid mouth, he thought.

“Oh…..i’m sorry…I didn’t know you back then and I just didn’t want to get involved-“

“No, don’t be sorry. I actually knew that all along Chen, it’s just that I was stupid to even trust him” Hana whispered. Once again, that aching feeling fills her heart.

Nana could sense the tensed atmosphere and quickly changed the subject.

“Chen shi, do you mind if I ask why does it look like there’s something more between you and zico? I don’t know it just looks like you are bearing a grudge or something….” Nana voice trailed.

Hana’s eyes wandered to Chen and she swears she saw a panicked expression flashed on his face before it turned into an emotionless face.

“Oh….nothing…it’s nothing really. I just hate it when guys cheated on their girls and what’s more on my friend right, Hana.”

Hana’s mouth curved up into a small smile. She liked how Chen emphasized on the word friend. She felt happy.

“Oh and Nana you can drop the formalities with me too. You’re my friend too.” Chen grinned.

Nana merely nodded, smiling.

Without anyone noticing, Chen sighs in relief. He was glad the girls didn’t ask him anymore about the reason. He doesn’t want to explain about his past with Zico to them, yet. Honestly, Chen doesn’t want to burden Hana with his past. He knew Hana would be affected if he tells the truth.

Nana’s thought was disturbed when she realised that she had reached her stop. She quickly tapped her card and got off the bus. Nana walked back home, feeling worried for Hana. She felt sorry that Hana had to go through a really depressing heart break with her first love. She sighs.

_______________________________________________________________________

 

Hana walked up to her room, feeling depressed. She felt disappointed and angry but she couldn’t bring herself to cry once more. She saw how worried her brother was when he saw her puffy eyes. Yes, the sunglasses trick didn’t work. Once Kris saw Hana wearing the sunglasses, he felt weird because Hana rarely wears it and it’s not even sunny outside.

Following his intuition, Hana’s brother was right, there was something wrong with her when he saw her eyes. Kris refrained himself from asking her questions since he knew if Hana wanted to tell him, she would. For that, Hana was thankful to have an understanding brother.

Hana’s eyes flickered to the familiar photo album which was placed on her shelves, in between her diaries. She slowly reached out for it. She could feel a lump starting to form in . She fights the urge to cry as she flipped the photo album page by page. Each page, there was a photo of her and Zico. Smiling happily, looking so in love was the both of them. Well actually it was only her, that’s what she thought. Ever since Zico confessed how he hated spending time with her, she felt confused. Hana can’t help but asked herself, was it really a lie? If it’s a lie, then why Zico looks so happy in each photo? Even a stupid person could tell that in reality both of them really love each other.  

Zico was it really a lie? Was it just a bet? Did I really mean nothing to you? Hana thought. Just as she expected, tears escaped from her eyes.