Chapter 23

Torn Between Two

-------------------------

 

(The next day after school)

 

"Yoboseyo? Ah oppa I'm going to my friend’s house to do project. So you don't have to pick me up later." Hana informed her brother over the phone. 

“Alright but make sure you answer my calls ok.”

“I will oppa! Don’t worry.” Hana said as she ended the call.

"Ya Hana-ah! I'm going home now! Takecare and if Minhee do anything to you call me alright!" Nana waved at Hana and ran to catch her bus. 

Hana on the other hand was feeling weird and uncomfortable. She felt like something bad was going to happen to her but she shrugged off the feelings. 

Hana rang the doorbell and was greeted by a servant. "I believe you're Miss Hana?"

"Deh"

"Minhee is waiting for you in her room. Go straight and turn left, the door with her name on it is her room."

Hana bowed and thanked her. 

Hana felt uneasy as she slowly walked towards Minhee's room. 

"Minhee what it is that you want from me? Just spit it out." Zico growled. 

He was really frustrated with Minhee as she forced Zico to come to her house saying that she had something important to tell. 

"It is something important. Come to my room, I'll show you." Minhee said in her annoying high tone voice.

"Why do I have to go to your room? Just show me here."

Minhee started to get annoyed at how uncooperative Zico was. 

She raised her eyebrows and bit her lips. "I can't. Follow me or I'll tell Hana that we slept together once." 

Zico instantly freeze. 

It's true that they had slept together once but it was all an accident. They both were drunk and it all happened in a moment of folly. Basically on that day Minhee was having a bad day and she went over to Zico's house with bottles of beers and pour out all her feelings and sorrows. Not only that, she also throw herself at Zico. And it all happened so fast, they were too drunk that they ended up on bed. Ever since then, Minhee couldn't stop pestering Zico and follow him everywhere.

The sound of Minhee's voice snapped Zico's thoughts. "Are you coming or not?"

With a heavy heart, Zico nodded and followed her. 

Minhee ordered Zico to sit on her bed first while she so called took the items. When Zico was out of Minhee's sight, she immediately called her servant to ask about Hana whereabouts. 

"Ya Minhee, where are you?"

Minhee jolted when she heard Hana's voice. She quickly walked back to Zico and now she was face to face with Zico who looked confused. 

"Minhee, isn't it Hana's voice?"

"Huh? No? I didn't hear anything."

"I'm sure it's her voice. Wait I'm going to check it out-" Zico stood up but he was immediately pushed back on the bed by Minhee. 

Minhee hovered over him and grinned. "Get off! What the are you doing?!"

But it was all too late. Hana saw everything. From the Hana's view it was seen as in they were making out. 

". Hana wait." Zico shouted once he heard Hana gasped before running down the stairs. 

Zico roughly pushed Minhee and she landed on the floor. " you Minhee. I don't want to see your face anymore. All this while I decided to ignore you when you followed me like a dog, and do you know why? It's because I felt guilty of what happened but no. I realized I shouldn't. You were the one who started this Minhee so goodbye for good."

 With one last glance, Zico looked at Minhee with hatred before running down the stairs. Minhee felt weird. She felt like something just hit her head....hard. She felt guilty all of a sudden. 

 

--------------------------------

 

Zico punched the wall in frustration. It's been 15 minutes and he still couldn't get hold of Hana. He had been calling Hana's phone but she refused to pick up. Zico was running out patience when he spotted the back of the person he's been looking for. 

 

Zico approached Hana silently and he could hear soft whimpering cries.

“Hana”

Hana instantly looked up when she heard his voice. She wiped her tears strained cheeks and walked away. She felt like crying all over again when she saw Zico’s face.

 “Hana, please. It’s not what you think it was. Let me explain-“

“No. We are nothing so don’t bother to say anything.” Hana’s voice cracked when she finished her sentence.

Zico grabbed her wrist and pleaded. “Please, Hana listen. I beg you.”

“What the did I do to deserve this? I don’t deserve to see you and that making out…live and twice in front of me, Zico. So let my hand go. I’m tired.” Hana squeaked and tried to yank his hand away.

With that, Zico abruptly hugged Hana causing her to struggle in his strong arms.

“Let me go, Zico! Let me go!” Hana growled.

“No. Listen. Minhee set me up Hana. She set up everything that happened just now. She lied to me Hana. She told me she had something important to tell me and when I went to her house, she decided to threaten me. She threatened me to you-“

Zico’s voice trailed off when he realized what mess he was going to face if he told the truth.

“I know, Zico. I saw you slept with her the other day…..inside your room. I saw everything.”

“W-what? Was that why you broke up with me? Hana trust me, she was all over me the other day and things happened……we were too drunk…no I mean I were too drunk to think straight. Trust me, Hana.” Zico tightened his grip on Hana’s waist.

“I’m so sorry. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

Hana couldn’t stand her tears anymore as it slowly rolls down her soft cheeks. She couldn’t hide her feelings anymore. She simply standing there not moving an inch while sobbing. Her face was buried in Zico’s shoulder and her arms were by her side, refusing to hug Zico back. Hana felt numb.

“Hana-ah, I’m really sorry. I know I’m a jerk but……..but…I still love you Hana.”

Hana closed her eyes and clenched her fist. She wanted to run, to run away from Zico. She doesn’t want to hear anymore words from his mouth. Truth is, she couldn’t trust Zico even though what he said actually made sense. How could she trust her, after all she had been put through? After what Zico and his gang placed a bet on Hana, how could she still trust him? And what makes her even mad was how easy Zico said those 3 words to her. Was she that easy?

“Hana, please talk. I’m really sorry.” Zico whispered as he buried his face in Hana’s hair, inhaling the scent he missed most.

All kind of thoughts was going through Hana’s mind but what she wanted to do now, was to get away from Zico but it seemed like she couldn’t. Hana couldn’t bring herself to move her legs; it felt like as if she was glued to the pavement.

Hana’s eyes shot open and her cries were put on a halt when she felt strong hands yanking her away from Zico. There standing in front of her, were 12 good looking angels staring at her.

“Hana are you alright? I tried to call you a lot of times but you didn’t answer your phone so I thought something happened to you.” Kris gently shook her shoulders while his eyes search for hers.

“I’m s-sorry. I’m alright.” Hana stuttered.

She was in a huge mess and the fact that exo were there to witness her in a vulnerable state kills her the most. Without saying a word, Kris hugged her and patted her back. His eyes then moved towards Zico.

“I know Zico. It’s you who made her cry. I’ll let you off today; I don’t want Hana to get hurt anymore. So I think you should leave. Now.” Kris gritted his teeth as he shot a look at Zico.

“Hana-ah let’s go home, alright. It’s going to be fine, I promise.” Kris patted her head as she helped Hana inside the car.

Kris turned around and waved goodbye to his friends.

“Well, I’ve never see Hana noona so sad before. She looked so vulnerable just now, like as if she would break anytime if she’s a glass.” Sehun confessed as he looked at the moving car.

 “That Zico guy, he’s really a jerk. I swear.” Baekhyun bit his lips.

“Yeah, we should beat him up someday.” Tao interrupted.

“Enough guys, Hana won’t be happy about that right. Let’s just hope she will feel better.” Suho said as he patted Tao’s back.

“And Chen, you should visit her tomorrow alright. Let her rest, it’s not easy for her and I know you know why too right and you should go home Chen, I know you’re tired since you were the one who ran frantically to look for Hana.” Suho said as he softly smiled at Chen.

He knew Chen had feelings for Hana right from the start. He wasn’t stupid but he could see it from his actions and how worried Chen looked when Kris informed them that Hana wasn’t answering her phone and all.

Chen nodded his head and waved goodbye to them as he walked back home.

So many thoughts were inside his mind. He was worried sick when he found out that Hana was so called ‘missing’ and well he was relieved too when they found Hana. But that was only for a moment before Chen felt anger in him when he saw Hana in Zico’s arms. The fact that he saw how vulnerable and how a mess Hana looked like when they found her. That’s what hurts him the most. And the fact that he couldn’t protect Hana and be there for her when she needed someone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

As i promised, here are the chapter and it's long! ^^ And and there's just so much drama right? i'm sorry if you guys don't like drama, i myself too, doesn't like it but i just think that maybe this story needs a few drama. ;)   (p.s. Forgive me if there's some errors in spelling or sentences or whatever cause i'm too lazy to read it all back)