Chapter 19

Torn Between Two

 

“I don’t know Chen….I-“ Hana’s words were cut off by a loud commotion near the park.

“Chen, did you heard that?” Hana asked while her eyes searched for the noises.

“Yes, I heard it. I think it’s over there,” Chen said while approaching a dark alley.

Loud noises were heard and it sounded like there was a gang fight. Chen slowly approached the scene with Hana behind him. At that moment, both of them had completely forgotten about the confessions, all that matters was that they were both afraid of what’s happening.

“Hana, I think you should stay here. It’s dangerous,” Chen whispered.

“A-ani. It’s alright. Staying here alone is much dangerous, I’ll just follow you,” Hana objected.

Chen nods his head. He knew it’s dangerous for Hana to follow but what Hana said was also the truth.

Hana and Chen were completely dumbfounded with the scene in front of them. It was a 7 vs 1 fight. And what’s worse was that it was the almighty gang, Speed who was punching a rather familiar boy.

Hana squint her eyes, trying to get a better look at the boy.

“Z-zico?!” Hana gasped loudly.

Chen who was next to Hana quickly covered , preventing any unnecessary attention from Speed. He knew if Speed were to find out about them, both of them would be in great danger too.

“Chen! Pali! He’s going to die soon! We have to help him! Think of something Chen!” Hana whispered frantically while grabbing his arms.

For a moment, Chen’s heart ached. He could see how worried Hana was for Zico. Chen immediately snapped out of his thoughts and starts to think of a plan.

“Hana..I can’t possibly fight them all but I think I will shout for the police and try to scare them alright? Hana you stay here for a while,” Chen ordered.

He wasn’t sure if his plan would work but that’s the only choice left.

“POLICE! POLICE! Here over there! Someone is getting beat up!” Chen shouted at the top of his lungs, trying to scare Speed away.

Speed on the other hand who heard the commotion quickly took off and ran. They weren’t afraid of the police but since they had a bad reputation, they couldn’t afford to get caught up again.

“Aish! Watch out, Zico. This is not the end,” Jungwoo said and spat on the ground.

Hana quickly ran to Zico’s aid. Her heart ached seeing Zico in a terrible state. There were bruises everywhere on his body and there were small cuts on his cheeks. Hana helped Zico up and she examined his face.

“Ya Zico? Are you okay?” Hana worriedly asked.

Zico simply nodded his head and tried standing up but he failed. Hana barely managed to catch him.

“Ya you are not okay Zico. I’ll bring you home,” Hana sighed and placed his arms over her shoulder.

Chen who saw the scene rushed to Hana’s side and grabbed Zico’s arm and placed over her shoulder. Chen doesn’t like Zico but he just had to help him for the sake of Hana.

The moment the both of them reached in front of Zico’s apartment, Zico was already unconscious.

“Hana-ah do you know his door code?” Chen asked while struggling to hold Zico’s heavy weight.

Hana scratched her head. Zico’s password used to be their anniversary date but Hana doubt Zico had already changed it. Hana quickly punched in all the possible codes but she failed.

“Hana-ah why don’t we just call the security up-“

“I don’t think it’s necessary…I think I know the code,” Hana took a deep breath and keyed in the code, 1307.

Hana froze in her place. It opened. Zico still hasn’t changed it. She felt confused, she felt….lost. So many thoughts ran through her mind.

“Hana can you move aside? He’s heavy you know,” Chen said breathlessly.

Hana came back to her senses and immediately make way for Chen. Chen placed Zico on his bed with Hana following behind.

“Hana-ah, I think you should go home. Kris hyung will be worried and I will take care of him ok?” Chen looked at Hana.

“Chen I don’t think I can leave without treating him….I think this all happened was basically about me…” Hana’s voice trailed off.

“Huh? What do you mean-“

Hana interrupted Chen. “I will tell you soon alright. Chen I’ll stay here and treat him, you can go back first. I know you are uncomfortable with him….about that incident-“

“No Hana. What about you then? Will-“

Hana sighed. “Chen I will be alright. Trust me, just go. I’ll call you if anything happens.”

Chen felt something weird inside of him. He felt like someone was stabbing his heart. He felt disappointed with Hana.

“Alright. Take care.” Chen said while trying to control his expression.

Zico open his eyes slowly once he heard the door closed. Truth was, he was already awake when Chen placed him on his bed and he overheard their conversation. Hana walked to the room and was surprised when she saw Zico wide awake.

“Oh you’re awake. Wait here while I take the medicine,” Hana said.

Before Hana could exit the room, Zico grabbed her wrist.

“Hana, leave. I can take care of myself.”

“I’ll leave, Zico. Don’t worry. I’ll leave after I treat you,” Hana removed his hands and quickly walked to the kitchen.

_____________________________________________________________________

 

“Stay still Zico. It will hurt less if you stop moving around,” Hana ordered.

Hana bit her lips and contemplated if she should ask Zico about the pictures.

*flashback 30 mins ago*

Hana was walking to the kitchen cabinet when she saw something caught her eyes. There on the fridge, were Polaroid photos of her and Zico. Those photos were the photos when they were still a couple back then. Hana could feel something inside her flinched. She was curious why Zico still haven’t removed the photos and the door code. She felt really confused, what was Zico thinking? After what he told Hana that he used Hana and he doesn’t sincerely loved her…..then why does he still kept everything?

“Ahh ahh! Hana stop. It’s painful!” Zico winced when Hana accidentally put a lot of pressure on his wounds.

 With the sound of Zico complaining, Hana snapped out of her thoughts.

“Sorry Zico.” She apolagized.

Hana wanted to ask Zico about it but then she decided not to.

“Zico….did they hurt you because of…of me?”

With that question, Zico looked up to Hana.

“No, it’s not because of you,” Zico lied effortlessly.

“Zico I know you’re lying-“

“Hana, it’s late. You should go, now. I can take care of myself and do you ever think it’s worth it for me to get beaten up by them just because of…..you?” Zico snapped.

Of course what he said just now was completely a lie but to Hana it seemed like the truth. Zico could see how….how hurt Hana was. He felt guilty but he had no choice.

“Ah I’ll go now. Take care Zico.” Hana said while trying to hide her expression.

“Oh and a suggestion, you should just throw away all those stupid photos and change the door code.” Hana said while gritting her teeth.

With that, Hana walked out and slammed the door shut.

Hurt, was written all over Hana’s and Zico’s face.

Zico ruffled his hair and buried himself inside the covers. He felt stupid and hurt. Once again, Hana left and once again, it was all because of him. 

 

 

A/N:

Ok i lied. I said it will be a double update....but it's not. But this chapter is long than all other chapters. And i apolagized if the story is draggy...i mean Speed still havent confront Hana and all but i don't want to rush it so i hope you guys understand. hehe