Chapter 15

Torn Between Two

 

“Ah finally homeee” Hana mumbled to herself as she step into her dark house.

Hana turn the lights on and she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHH omg omg what are you doing there?!” She squeaked.

“Oppa you scared me. Why are you sitting in the dark?” Hana place her hands over her chest, trying to calm herself down.

“Mian. I was thinking.” Kris apologized.

Hana rubbed the back of her neck when she realized that she wasn’t supposed to talk to her brother since they were still somehow in a bad terms. Hana avoided Kris’s eyes and quickly walked away.

“Hana sit. We need to talk.” Kris ordered.

Hana flinched at the sound of her brother’s voice but she quietly made way to the sofa.

Kris sighed and took a deep breath.

“Hana, it’s about yesterday. I told your father about this and he-“

“What?! You told appa?!”

“Wait listen. He allows you, Hana. He allows you to work there.”

“b-bwoh? Really?” Her eyes gleamed.

“Yes, but of course there’s some rules, obviously.” Kris rolled his eyes.

“What rules oppa? I will follow it!!”

“Well you have to be home straight after your works end and you must make sure to text me when you’re going home. And well if your grades are affected, you will have to quit.” Kris said.

“That’s all?! Araso oppa!” Hana jumped from the couch and hugged Kris.

“Ya! Go away, you stink!” Kris pushed Hana away.

Hana pouted. “Anyway oppa, when will dad come home? I miss him.”

(p.s Hana’s appa frequently works overseas and that’s explains why Hana’s father was seldom at home and I’ve forgotten to tell you guys that Hana doesn’t have a mum, her mum died when she was 3y/o. L )

“If I’m not wrong he will be back in 3 weeks time.”

Hana nodded.

“Oh oppa! I’m curious, how did you know chen?”

“Chen? I though he’s a year older than you? Why aren’t you calling him oppa? Manners Hana.” Kris raised his eyebrow.

“Deh deh. Just tell me oppa!” She rolled her eyes.

“Hmm well we’ve been friends since like 4 years ago but we lost contact when our family moved to a new house. We used to play soccer together during those days and believe me we used to have a group called Exo-“

Kris glared at Hana when she interrupted him with her laughter.

“Exo? What a weird name. HAHAHA”

“Enough Hana. Stop laughing or else I will stop telling this story” Kris threatened Hana.

“Mian.”

“Er so exo there’s like 12 people in that group including me and Chen and I literally lost contact with all of them. Oh and tomorrow, Chen’s going to bring me to see all of them.” Kris smiled.

“Really? Then can I meet them too?” Hana excitedly asked.

“B-bwoh?! No! They used to be playboys, Hana. Well I bet they still haven’t change. And I won’t let them meet you, ever.” Kris growled.

“Aish. Whatever.”

Kris chuckled at Hana’s reaction. It’s not that he doesn’t want to introduce her to them but he knows how his friends were whenever they meet girls. And to add to it, Hana is a pretty girl, beautiful inside and out and he doesn’t want her to get hurt.

______________________________________________________________

Hana stepped out the bathroom and quickly ran to pick up her phone. The caller id flashes Chen’s name and she wondered why would he call her at this timing.

“Yobeoseyo?”

“Oh hi Hana. I’m sorry to call you this late. But it’s an emergency.”

“It’s alright. What it is?”

“Can you replace my shift tomorrow at 6? Sorry if it’s last minute, but I have something on tomorrow.”

“Oh really? It’s okay Chen. I’m more than happy to take over your place.” Hana smiled.

“Ah thank you Hana! You’re the best! Goodnight!” Chen said.

_____________________________________________________________________

“Ya Hana! Why are you in a rush?” Nana shouted at Hana who was already running to the school gates.

“Mian! I have work today! I’ll go home with you tomorrow! Annyeong!” Hana shouted and waved.

Nana shrugged and walked away.

“Hyung, she works?” P.O asked.

Zico and P.O was walking to the gate when they heard both of the girls’ conversation.

“Yeah if I’m not wrong she works at the Sarang Café.” Zico replied.

“How did you know? You stalked her hyung?!”

“b-bwoh?! No. It’s just that I was afraid that Speed will find her.” Zico lied.