Chapter 18

Torn Between Two

 

Chen was pacing in his living room restlessly. The day he was anticipating for was finally here. He was worried about how Hana would react to his confessions. Truth to be told, he was afraid that after his confessions, his relationship with Hana would suffered if it turns out bad. But no matter what, Chen would still confess to her. He need to.

_____________________________________________________________________

It was 10pm and Hana had just finished her work. She was walking back home. It’s been almost 4 days since Zico warned her about Speed and truth to be told she was afraid. She can’t help but to always look behind her whenever she’s walking. She had this feeling that someone has been following her around but every time she turned, she was greeted with nothing.

Hana snapped out of her thoughts when she heard noises behind her. She could clearly heard footsteps approaching her. Hana froze in her place when a hand touched her shoulders. She closed her eyes and screamed. As stupid as it seems, Hana should be running to a crowded place but instead she was still in her place, screaming. Fact is, she’s a bad runner and she’s clumsy.

Her screams were then replaced by the sound of muffles. She was struggling out of the person’s hands that were covering , wanting to stop her screams.

“Hana! Don’t scream! It’s me,” Chen hushed Hana.

He was frantic when Hana started to scream.

Hana instantly stop screaming and she could feel a sense of relief washed over her. She felt so stupid. She sighs. If only Zico didn’t tell her about Speed, then she wouldn’t be this paranoid, screaming at the slightest thing.

“I’m sorry Hana. I didn’t mean to scare you…I just wanted to well, surprise you I guess,” Chen smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Ani it’s okay. I guess I’m the one who scared you,” Hana said while holding her chest, calming herself down.

“Hana is it okay if we go to the park near your house? I have something to talk to you,” Chen asked.

“Ah…deh,” Hana scratched her head, curious of what Chen wanted to talk about.

The two of them walked to the park, making small conversations. Hana noticed that Chen wasn’t being himself; he seemed flustered for some reason.

Chen on the other hand felt like his heart was going to stop anytime. His mind can’t stop thinking about what to say to Hana later. Truth to be told, he was really afraid. He doesn’t know if what he’s doing is right.

“Chen?”

“Chen? Hello?” Hana waved her hands in front of Chen’s face.

With that, Chen immediately snapped out of his thoughts. Chen took a deep breath and took a sit at the bench.

“Hana, can you promise me something?”

“P-promise? I don’t know…yeah maybe.” Hana immediately nodded her head when she saw how serious Chen’s face was.

Hana was totally clueless and she felt like as if she did something wrong somehow. It was the first time Chen had ever showed to her the other side of him.

“Promise me that no matter what happens, you will still be my friend? And don’t interrupt what I’m going to say later alright?” Chen lightly smiled.

“D-deh. What is it Chen? Just tell me,” Hana said while looking at his eyes.

“You know Hana? When you first step inside the café, I……I was really fascinated by you. I mean yes it’s not the first time I saw you, but you were really pretty up close and you’re still pretty now…and I was really attracted to your personality. You are different, Hana. You are really different and beautiful. I know it’s been less than 2 months, but I can’t deny this any longer Hana. I don’t know when it started but each time I see you, my heart felt like it’s going to explode. And you know when you were talking to my friends and Zico the other day, I felt something weird inside me. I felt anger and jealousy and at first I didn’t know what it was. Every night I can’t help but think of you….your face, your perfect smile and everything. I……I….I like you Hana. I really do.”

Hana felt like her heart was going to burst. She was confused and surprised. She really was. She didn’t expect Chen to like her…what else confessed to her.

Before Hana could react to Chen’s confession, Chen immediately placed his headphones over Hana’s head, playing his favourite song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpbPB22T6sw

 

Can I call you my own and call I call you my lover

Call you my one and only girl

Can I call you my everything, call you my baby

You’re the only one who runs my world.

 

                                          ~Call you mine-Jeff Bernat

 

Hana’s eyes light up when she heard the song. It was one of her favourite song and she couldn’t help but smile on how thoughtful Chen was. Hana closed her eyes and took a deep breath before facing Chen.

Chen felt like time stopped. He knows what Hana was about to say but he didn’t care. All he wanted was to let Hana know of his feelings. Chen looked at Hana eyes, anticipating on what Hana was going to say.

 

 

 

A/N:

Yehet! Chen finally confessed!!!! Hmm.....but what about Hana? Will she feel the same? >.<  The next chapter might be a double update! I need to finish this story before school starts next week. Sigh. Next week school will start and my almost 2 months holiday will be gone just like that T,T And anyway enjoy reading guys and i would really appreciate it if you guys comment something...........i mean like it will motivate me to write or something..but nevertheless thank you for subscribing! Saranghae! ^^