I cross my heart - Himlo

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

NOTE : Previous oneshot added. Couple : Himchan x Zelo  Tag: fantasy.

 

---

 

 

In a time where humans lived with other races, the society worked in a vise-versa pyramid. Humans dominated the majourity of the population, and picked by them ruled the royals. Since of this; the latter part of the society was forced to live hidden by the shadows protecting their lives. Some were hired as slaves, working in comand of said people of higher levels of the pyramid. Back then, a house servent meant more than someone who cooked you three meals a day. They were of little population and were given little praise and recognition - half because they were creatures who dealt with death and hell. Most of them were despised and hunted down if noted. 

Kim Himchan was a butler. He was of the lower class, growing up as a butler since he was young, the position of the house handed down by generation. He wasn't meant to have feelings towards the daughter of the family he serviced. The family  governed the area, and were treated with much respect. Time passed them, and when the daughter reached the right age - she was to be wedded to a wealthy family off coast. She had fallen in love by the time; with a handsome nobody of the town. She ran away with him, and Kim Himchan did not stop her. They never met again, not for another six years. But yes; after six long years finally pass, Kim Himchan meets his employers daughter again, only half dead. 

The passed six years were of darkest history for the family he served. Men were rebelling against the governs and wanted constitutional changes of the ruling system. Kim Himchan left the mansion the day after he recovered form his injuries. He fought his life to save his master - but Humans outnumbered him. Shame had bolted him down on nails by the time he left town; and he had walked straight into another rebellion.

This is when he encounters the only remainder of the family he serviced. The daughter who ran away. She was pregnant; and Kim Himchan could only save the child. She couldnt say much to him; as she was heavily bruised from the villagers who tried to assasinate her and her husband. She does tell Himchan one thing though.

"He's a demon, Himchan! But he is my child nevertheless. You must protect him at all costs..."
"I cross my heart for you, mistress."

 

A newborn lays wrapped in a cloth that’s still soaked in its mother’s blood. It dares no sound, but is lying awake in the chest of a man who holds it close in warmth as he runs away from the village that had been set on fire.

The night had fallen darkly around them and the flames of fire burns in glaze behind the two trying to escape the men following them. The steps of the man are long and steep along the mountain he walks on, eyes thinned and narrowed ahead, ahead of a place he should fine shelter for the child. The mud gives away the footsteps of the men who are running behind the two. No, he can’t stop.

The moon lies in a faint crescent on the top of the hill, mockingly looking at the older man, asking as if he couldn’t run any faster. Clouds gush ahead of them darkly, and a bolt of thunder makes the child’s eyes widen; but he dares not to cry. Maybe it already knows he has no parents to lull him into comfort. The man who is taking him away into safety isn’t his farther.

“Halt!” Fire torchers appear on the hill top, making the butler froze in place. ‘They’re on the top too’ he realizes, and takes a look behind to notice that he was surrounded. He sighs. He bends, and lays the child on the harsh ground. The rain suddenly clashes on the two, soaking the man’s raven hair, adhering the strands to his scalp. The child seems to notice the missing warmth, and the man could say he would cry. The child’s eyes give away his existence easily.

“Hush, you will be alright.” the man assures in his deep voice, soothing the babies forehead by a swift caress and turns around.  “They have to die, I’m sorry.” He mutters.

The troupe from the hill slope appears in sight, in a total of fifteen men. Himchans slender legs push him off the cliff, and he falls beyond death of mere humans. The water drops glister in the moonlight as he dodges the pistol shots each and every, and the yelps that leave the men in groggy last breaths last for only a fragment of a second. He climbs his way back to a baby that had fallen into sobs; in a moment when nature takes away the attention of the men at the top in a bright flash of light before the thunder. And when the sound does, it takes away with it the yelps of the rest of the men on the top as they all fall on their knees – their life leaving them.

“D-demon!” One voices, his eyes shivering in fear at the sight of how the sleeves of the man who killed them were drowned in blood. ‘He killed us all with just his… hand...’ and falls dead. Kim Himchan turns his face back to the moon, pressing the child closer to his warmth.

“Not.” He voices gravely. His eyes and their glister give away the pain he carries in his heart. “But for you; Anything.” He looks down at the child. It looks dazed and amazed, and the small smile tugging its lips make Himchan let out a soft chuckle, as he starts out on his run again; men chasing after him or not. He has to run. He has to take care of his master. It was his purpose of his life, and it was his final chance to right his wrongs. He must raise this blood.

He fled his country by foot by a fortnight, and he built them a cottage in an isle long forgotten to exist in the midst of the widest river of the kingdom. He wasn’t a companion or a friend. He wasn’t a parent. What they were; as the baby grew up into a youngster – were servant and master only. It wasn’t a distance forced between them; but something that had always existed. Ten years passed them in silence, until the butler decided it was time for the master to set off by himself to find his objective of life, but it came under one condition.

“I crossed my heart in the name of your life, Junhong. Where ever you go, whatever you may please to do, I will protect you. You will not stop me.”

“What will?”

“My death.”

The eleven year old child sat down on his chair and wandered. “What if I die before you?”
His butler slightly chuckled. “That will never happen.” he ruffled the childs’ hair. “If I live, I will not let you die. If you leave before I do, I will not stay either.”

Back then, these words meant little to Junhong. But now – growing up over the age of eighteen, he knew what they meant too perfectly. Now; when he had lost in battle – when he had no more courage to stand up for his race anymore, not when he was face flat against the dirt of the earth he had once risen from, those words meant a little too much for him.

He couldn’t bear the restrains they had put around his throat. Humans evolve very fast, and so did their weapons. They didn’t attack with gardening rakes anymore, and no were their pistol shots easy as they were when he was young.

A century is a long time, and only six men of his race living on earth were too small against the population.  His vision blurred when another bullet jabbed into his leg, and exploded, sending his flesh in pieces of a blood rain. It didn’t matter, he heals soon.
“NOO!!” Junhong knew that raspy voice, ever since he was born.

“Don’t do it Himchan! DON’T! I COMMAND YOU!” The younger ordered madly, struggling and withering underneath the chains that were shot against him.

But this time, Kim Himchan did not listen to his command. Like a storm twisting forward from the behind, the men fell on their knees in a neat row, one after another. Only Junhong saw the scarlet red drops of blood of the troupes scatter and glister in the hot summer sun as Himchan advanced to Junhong. An army of men was killed in a flash of a lightning – yet again.

Junhong yelped out a silent cry. ‘He killed them again…’ regret only turgids his cells back to life. Kim Himchan wipes away Junhongs tears by his blood drained arms, and breaks away each of the chain by just a finger snapping them into two.

“Himchan. I told you.” Junhong winces. The six stand in the midst of a blood pool, backs against backs with only Himchan taking down an entire army against them. “I don’t want to kill them – and I know you don’t want to either. We can be better, Himchan!” Junhong voices sternly and Himchans gaze falls in guilt. “Not, Junhonggie.” He says. “But anything for you. I won’t let them harm you.”

That was the first night Kim Himchan was slapped. “Will you wipe out a planet for me?!” Junhong demanded angered by Himchans behavior, but he wasn’t taken aback.

“I will”
His deep raspy voice never joked. Something sparked up in Himchans eyes that evening – when he looked down at his master with that much passion in his eyes. Hurt. Dejection. Objective. Everything, but love.

Come with me.” Junhong ordered, gritting his nails into Himchans wrists.

Night fell on them several days when their journey ended. Himchans wrist bled, but not was Junhong letting him go. Himchan had no complaints; until he realized they were walking back to Junhongs village. Himchans feet stiffened when Junhong walked on ashes and reached where exactly Himchan met his mother again.

“I was born here. You crossed your heart for me here.”
“You remember?”
“I can sense you, anywhere.” With that said, Junhong lets go of Himchans wounded wrist. He digs into his pocket for his knife. “I will cross your heart, again. And you must die.” He orders.

Himchan can feel Junhongs irregular and unsteady breaths as he holds the sharp blade on his chest. “Will you die for me, Kim Himchan?” he asks, in eyes that aren’t focused but are determined nonetheless. “I will.”

Junhong raises his arm, and the crescent moon shined in the blade again, mocking Himchan, asking if standing there idly is all he can do. The blade digs in – however, not into Himchans heart, but to the ground below him. Dazed, he looks up to his young master – who had fallen into tears.  

“And did you think of what would make of me, after you leave me?” he asks.

Pain takes over Himchans heart. It’s a new feeling, but it twists his self from the inside. “Oh no, young master; you shouldn’t. You shouldn’t bother of my life.”

Junhong slaps him for the second time. “It’s too late for that. Too late.” He gives in and falls into faint sobs. “Junhonggie… don’t waste your tears on me...” Kim Himchan leans in, and pulls the boy into his chest, caressing his hair.
“I don’t have anyone else for myself, Himchan. If you were to leave me, I …”
“I’m only here to keep you safe.”
 

Junhong stays silent in the man’s arms, rocking back and forth, inhaling the faint scent of him to his lungs and filling himself of his existence.

You’re wrong” the younger boldly states, dragging away an inch, just to replace  the distance between them in a chaste kiss on Himchan lips.

Mother, I fell in love with this man – please spare him” he whispered next, lips brushing against Himchans earlobes. “I want him to live – with me. All our lives, together.”

Then, he understands why Junhong walked him all the distance. It doesn’t lift the guilt inside Himchans heart, but he smiles. “ Make him cross his heart to love me, not to protect me…” Junhong keeps on with his pleads, and Himchan has no choice but to give in, and hold the younger closer.

The clouds sweep over them yet again, and the rain drains the two of them yet again.

Kim Himchan feels like their life started from the top again. “Let’s run.” He offers to the younger, who nods. They intertwine their finger as they stride along the burnt village in the moonlight – once again.


-----

 

 

Kim Himchan widens his eyes as Junhong pushes him roughly down the mattress. It wasn’t cozy; it wasn’t very comfortable either. They had taken refuge in a vast range of mountains, inside a cave which didn’t hold on to a thick smell of bats. A fire was lit by the entrance. Though the mountain floor offered less comfort, it was warm, nonetheless.

“Say it.” Junhong orders, holding the butler under his firm grip. Just because he was eighteen didn’t mean he was weak. Himchan held in place because he had to. Junhong wouldn’t let him rut about – which he had been doing for the rest of the previous week – since Junhong confessed he was in love with the older. Himchans mind was honestly confused. As for who he was; he didn’t feel the slightest bit of strangeness of having to accept what Junhong had brought upon him. It wasn’t having to love Junhong that made Himchans lips quiver. It was having to be loved back. Himchan didn’t count his world on Junhong. It was the other way around.

“Junhong, Please.” Himchan mutters, shaking his head. He breaks the firm eye contact Junhong craves for and sighs lightly. It wasn’t right to expect from Junhong. It just wasn’t right to expect to be loved by him.

“I don’t … understand. Why wouldn’t you?” Junhong urges, leaning in closer; softly leaving traces of his warmth on Himchans neck, brushing the tip of his nose against him swiftly. “We’ve kissed. You’ve kissed me…” he whispers. Junhong pulls back, turning Himchan to face his eyes directly by his chin. “Give me your word.” He says, once again – making Himchan hold his breath.

He can’t and he shouldn’t. Himchan doesn’t reply the boy on top of him. His face shows less expression in passing seconds, making Junhong groan. “I get it. Fine.” He finally takes his hands off of Himchans wrists and pulls back.

“Junhong, listen!” Himchan sits up, knowing that Junhong had turned mad at him. “I can’t. I really .. just..” he pauses, picking his words. Junhong shoves his hands inside his pockets and waits, looking down at Himchan who is still holding his breath.

“It’s not simple..” he finally says.

Junhong rolls his eyes. “I know that, Himchan. I’m not a baby anymore.”

Himchan smiles. “That’s exactly why. Sit down with me.” He offers the taller a hand. He avoids Himchans gaze, along with his hand; but sits down in front of the older anyway.

“You’re not going to stay the same. Forever is a very long time Junhong…”
“Please not with the lectures again.”
“You wanted to know why.”
“I did. I am – for  petes’ sake! Here I am, telling you – trying to convince you that hell, I love you, and all you’d say to me is .. I don’t know? Some nonsense about forever or my mother or your family, just. Fine, if you don’t want to love me, call me a lover – Fine. Just put it like that and I’d understand.”

“Junhonggie, please – listen…”
“I am! I have been listening to you, all my life, ever thought of that?”
“You’re just mad at me. If you’d just give me a moment and stop getting ahead of yourself, then maybe you’d understand why I don’t want to cross my heart –“

“I’m getting ahead of myself – then?”
“Stop picking out phrases I don’t mean to start a fight with you, you know that” Himchan sighs.

“I don’t mean to start a fight with you either. You leave me no choice!”

“Junhong. You’ve changed.”

“People change!”

Himchan came with no rash reply for it. Junhongs eyes were glistening even in the dark. “You’d change. You’ll fall in love with someone. You’d regret this later.”

Himchan finally voices his fears. Junhong however widens his eyes in disbelief. “What?” he asks as if he was dumb. ‘Is this the reason?’

“Junhong if, if I would love you now – I might..”

“You’re real stupid, aren’t you?” Junhong nods, agreeing with himself as he asks. “You’re worried you wouldn’t let me like someone else. I don’t see what’s wrong with it.” He keeps nodding. “It’ll be great to make you jealous and stuff”

“I’ll kill them.” Himchan wasn’t bluffing. Junhong could have laughed if it was anyone else playing this card as a joke, but Kim Himchan was serious. It wasn’t funny when he had his brows stitched angrily, lips in a thin line that meant no joke. It wasn’t fun to see him slice people out of their lives.

 

Junhong blinks. “You can’t.”

“I will, even if you wouldn’t want me to.” He states.

Himchan looks into Junhongs black eyes, that shades into a glistering red. His demonic side is suddenly taking him over; Himchan can say. “Junhong?” he asks, unsure of how to deal with the situation now. Junhongs lips curve up in the end. Keeping a hand ahead of him, balancing himself – he approaches Himchan closer. Their faces are so close, that Himchan can feel Junhongs suddenly warm breath brushing on his cheeks.

You’ll love me that much?” he asks, his voice an octave lower than usual.

With two sudden blinks, Himchan comes to realize he had confessed without meaning to. He feels his cheeks burn like incense, his heart is suddenly beating out of control. Junhong is too close!

“Junhong, …” he mutters, but he honestly has nothing in his tongue. All his thoughts have vanished, leaving him dazzled. Junhongs blood red eyes had always captivated Kim Himchan. He thinks it’s the bloodshed Junhong had went through his young times that gave his demon a color of red, but nevertheless, he finds it enchanting. Ever since Junhong was a child, Kim Himchan found his rather thin irises turning deep red alluring. Right now they were looking so deeply into him, he felt like Junhong was lighting a fire inside him.

“Cross your heart for me, Himchan.”

Himchan holds his breath.

His eyes close instinctively when Junhongs lips press against his. Chaste at first, but soon turning deep – it catches all of Himchans senses in one touch.

The situation slips off the hands of the older, as the younger pushes him down onto the roll of clothes serving as a pillow and kisses his face all over.

He pulls back from Himchan for a breath, keeping his red eyes locked onto Himchans.

“Do it. Do it now.”

Himchan is simply reactionless. Junhong takes authority over him. However, this time – he felt as if it was because of he had let Junhong to; not because he was servant, and Junhong was master. Like this time, Junhong really had the right to – and he had given Himchan as just the same amount of will.

“Himchan, I really can’t hold back a lot more.” He whispers, pressing another one of his warm kisses onto Himchans ear.

Himchan keeps his silence, making Junhong wait in patience. Time ticks and tocks while the two wait, and it ends when Junhong straightens up.

He says nothing, but it’s obvious to Himchan that his expressions say otherwise. Junhong lies down next to Himchan without a word. No more kisses, no more orders, no more pleads, no more requests.

Himchan feels sad.

 

He places a hand over Junhongs, and sighs. “I’m sorry.”

Junhong turns away his face. “That’s not what I want to hear. Good night – if that’s all I get tonight as well.”

“What more do you want from me, Junhonggie?”

“You know what. Now let me sleep.”

 

Himchan lets go of Junhongs long fingers as they are brushed away from his light touch. Junhong is stubborn; he always gets what he wants.  He might act spoiled for now, but in reality Himchan knows that Junhong can wait a life time in patience to reach for what he wants to make his. One day or another – Himchan will give him what he wants.

That night too, passes them by without a whisper.

Another hundred nights pass them by without words either.

Another thousand. Another night, and another after that, until…

 

It was a warm February evening. The two were taking camp under the night sky, lying down in a meadow full of supple grass, filled with songs of crickets.  

“Himchan, Cross your heart.” Junhong demands. He does this every night. Each and every night ever since the day he had kissed the older.

His voice isn’t childish anymore. There’s a ring of hope, and a faint touch of hopelessness to it. His fingers aren’t delicate as they had been when Himchan first held them. He was a grown man, fully mature.

“Listen, Junhong.”

Junhong wasn’t the only one growing up.

“I’m old.”

 

“So is my love.”

 

“…Junhong, please… I can’t”

 

“Then good night.”

 

No conversation happens afterwards. It never did. Never is a long time.

 

“Fine.”

 

“What?”

 

“Junhong, You didn’t have to wait. You could have kissed me.”

 

“I shouldn’t have. Not until your heart is mine.”

 

“You fool.”

 

“Cross your heart for me, Himchan… Cross it in the name of my love.”

 

“I do.

 

I always have.”

 

-

 

A\N:

........... and deleting .......

Sorry for anyone who was redirected to this story.