Once an Angel - Banghim

Symphony ft. B.A.P.

** Sorry if anyone is redirected. Changed the name to 'Once an agel' from 'In heaven or hell..'
-

Heaven very different from the human world. They had no sun, but the day light never died. The flowers bloomed rich and beautiful, and men and women who were delivered made themselves at home, ran some business at hand and spent eternity without complaints. It was peaceful.
The ones who couldn’t keep peace were not delivered here.
Those who caused evil were born in hell.

They had no sea in heaven. Only rich, beautiful land spreading beyond the horizon and further. Men and women who lived here had seen no god. But they believed in his existence. A village of cozy houses had a very little community in it. Families included two adults and many kids. They all remembered their past lives. There was no threat and life here was seemingly boring and uneventful. Nevertheless, they were happy.

Some great men and women bore wings, and they were referred to as the angels. They walked these roads from time to time, and sat down if offered a cup of tea, and had a chat with the villagers. They played with the kids and went back to where they came from after time passed in a great deal. They had no night and they had no darkness.

The angels went back to the castles; and they watched over the human world and hell. Once a man in either of the worlds dies, it was their duty to bring them to heaven if worthy. They had no buttons to control the life beyond the land they lived in, but they always watched. If they would close their eyes they could see everything.

Angels were not full of love. They were hardly emotional in any sense. They watched all evil on earth and hell – and it was not an option to be sentimental. They hardly smiled. Their lips were always in a thin line. They had thoughts of their own but most of them had casted them aside.
They were, instead, full of acceptance.

They accepted the evil in the hearts of men and they accepted the love in them.

Most of them were sad, because even if heaven spread beyond infinity, all they had was a tiny village full of kids. Adults were barely delivered here; and when they were – they most held wings. Only few days would pass an angel in bliss to be born in heaven. Soon they all turned emotionless and dull. If one would close their eyes and would only witness the bloody gruesome nature of humans, he would become like an angel.

Very rarely, they would see love in the hearts of humans. In hope of one such vision, the angels kept their eyes closed most of their time where they gathered. There were fifteen angels altogether.

Angels were different from Villagers as they had no boundary in heaven. They could visit the human world or hell at wish. They hardly did, however; unless it was time to evaluate the death of men in hell.

Once every human year, an angel would travel to hell and make the decisions. Many in hell were aware of their situation and tried to prevail goodness in their hearts. Many were given a chance to re-live in the human world. Hardly were they ever able to come to heaven straight away. But such cases did exist; once in a while for eternity.

Kim Himchan was one such case.

Years ago, he was born in hell for murder. He took the life of the man who and murdered his little brother. He couldn’t live much longer with such guilt in his heart and took his own life in a very young age.

Unlike heaven, hell was very much similar to earth. They had day and they had night, and were full of men and women in every nook and corner. Buildings here were tall and cramped and the streets were always busy. They had no devils in charge and lived their lives in deceit and anger. Many had no exit from this world. Some tried to be good and were given a second chance. Some changed their minds when they saw an angel walk down their road. Unlike in heaven, once born in hell, men and women aged. Much slower than on earth; but aged nevertheless.

Dressed in a very light white cloth, all angels looked alike; with a body of either a very handsome man or a woman with long, beautiful white hair; with their wings spread beating in a slow rhythm as they walked. The angels did not come in contact with the world of hell. They flew an inch above the roads with the same grace of a walking goddess. Many looked at them in awe.

If they wanted to cause harm they could.

But they were transfixed with hope of a better life; and that was the purpose of visiting hell. An angel would make rounds in the busy cities for seven human days. At its end, an angel would be tired and would seek shelter. Such places were abundant in hell.

There is no evil in love. Himchan thought, finally folding his wings after seven days of flying. He was standing in front of Yongguk. He could see the man watching him back, seated on the only cushioned seat of his showroom, hands folded on his lap; waiting.

Yongguk always knew when it was time. He must have waited for Himchans’ arrival. A bell rang in a low cling as Himchan pushed the door open. Yongguk kept open a small library until the sun went down. He would have locked the door if it was any other day but today it was left open.

Himchan first met Yongguk in hell. Years far ago when he was sixteen in human years. They spent thirty long years together, inspired by the walking angels to turn their lives around for the better. It’s been a long time since they had kissed.

‘Yongguk had grown up much more since those times.’ Himchan thought back to, and watched as Yongguk treated him with one of his rich gummy smiles. Unlike angels, men in hell were still brittle among emotions. They smiled, they laughed, they cried.

Yongguk put his arms around Himchan and hugged him tightly. Himchan returned the gesture. “I missed you.” Yongguk said in his deep, husky voice. Himchan replied the same.

Their life was quite happy without much disturbance for thirty long years in which they were good to people. They were kind with hope of better life. Himchan had helped Yongguk put up their little library back then. They were madly in love, too. Himchan had felt that their bond had only grown stronger with time back then. But things took a very sharp turn when they were attacked by the ‘wrecked ones.’ They called themselves ‘the keepers’; but no one else did. A group of men and women who couldn’t leave hell. They attacked the men who tried to get out. They spread evil and trapped men in hell.

Himchan was killed.
They set fire to their library. Filled with anger, Yongguk took a life. He had spent far too many days seething death upon many wrecked ones by the time Himchan came looking for him once he was stable in his new form.

Yongguk was trapped here for another long time. Himchan was late.

Although Yongguk started over, his name never appeared in the list who could be sent to the human world. Also, if one would decline the offer waiting any longer doing good in hell, it increased the risk of being attacked from wreckers; as he would next be waiting to be delivered to heaven. Doing good in these streets were not an easy task either. It’s a long, painful wait.

Himchan knew that Yongguk would not accept to be born as a human as he didn’t want to forget Himchan. The angel blamed himself for being very late to save his lover.
He didn’t deserve this long in hell.

“I’m telling you it’s not your fault, Himchan. I shouldn’t have killed anyone.” Yongguk said, hands still around Himchans’ waist. He always said so when Himchan visited once every fifteen human years. Yongguk would be three years older each time. Himchan let out a sigh and ran his hands over Yongguks scalp. He had started losing hair, Himchan felt the thinning.

Himchan let Yongguk kiss him, take him by the hand and walk him to their room. He had changed the color of the walls from white to a light shade of yellow. Himchan liked yellow. Yongguk shut the door behind them; and they both sat down on their bed. Yongguk had changed the sheets, too.

“You should visit me more.” Yongguk said, running his hand under Himchans’ clothing and rolling it upwards. Himchan said nothing. Never before had Yongguk asked Himchan to visit him more. Himchan hadn’t somehow thought of it either. The visions had taken most of his time to be watched. He had gotten used to not having Yongguk around. Perhaps it wasn’t the same for Yongguk. He still lived here.

Himchan raised his hands as Yongguk rolled his clothing off. Yongguk placed a neat kiss on Himchans’ cheek afterwards and pulled back.
“Could this angel grant me a wish?” Yongguk asked, tilting his head playfully. Himchan was very fond of the silly side of Yongguk. He put his arms over Yongguks shoulders. “I doubt that I could, but you could still ask.” He spoke honestly.

“Smile for me.”
Their eyes were fixed. Himchans’ eyes were blue now.

It’s been a while since Himchan had felt happy. A smile made way to his cheeks without effort. Yongguk had asked honestly and it reached Himchans’ heart. Yongguk smiled right back. They let it last as long as it could, and Yongguk captured Himchans’ lips before it would fade. Himchan kissed him back.

They moved over with their lips still touching, and Yongguk had come over Himchans waist with his legs over. He bent and kissed Himchan in his cheek one more time.
“You’re really very beautiful.” He said, and Himchans’ smile continued.

When they made love, Himchan could close his eyes all he wanted. He had no visions then; and was free to feel Yongguk all he wanted. Less words started to exchange since every time they met. Pleasure was only an aspect of the warmth they shared, however it dominated. They were both in wait for a miracle; but as time passed, it was starting to lose sense of direction.

Himchan fell asleep on Yongguks’ arms.

He awoke reminded of his duties. There were five souls to be delivered to the human world this year. Yongguk was awake by his side, watching Himchan come to, slowly.
“Stay a bit.” Yongguk asked, and Himchan nodded. Yongguk kneeled by Himchan as he sat up on the bed, legs on the floor.

Yongguk combed Himchans’ long white hair, and they spent some time in silence as Yongguk braided it. Himchan rested his head on Yongguks shoulder.

“I found a gray hair yesterday.” Yongguk said, his voice low. Himchan listened.
“Do you still love this old man?” Yongguk asked in a faint smile, tying a ribbon around Himchans’ hair at its end.

“My hair is all white now.” Himchan said instead.

Yongguk chuckled. “It’s not the color I worry for.”

Himchan leaned in and kissed Yongguk. “It’s not the form I worry for, either” Himchan said. It made Yongguk smile. Himchan stood up and dressed himself. Yongguk didn’t take his eyes away for a second. He must have watched while Himchan was sleeping too. Angels could never really arrive in a state of peace of mind to fall asleep with eyes closed. It was a beautiful sight to see one sleep.

“If they offer you next year, accept it.” Himchan said.

“Huh? But wouldn’t I be born Human then?” Yongguk asked, eyebrows furrowing. He followed Himchan outside in silence, doubts clouding his mind.

Himchan spread his wings and lifted himself from the grounds of hell.

“We lasted together in hell and heaven, Yongguk. Do you think I would have it any other way as a man? I will meet you out there where I could cry when I’m sad. Once an angel you’d realize how gifted humans are.” Himchan said. “Believe me.”

He waited, watching Yongguk with his keen blue eye until he nodded.

“We could be very different the next time we meet then.” Yongguk mumbled.

“You’ll know when you find me.” Himchan said.
Another rare smile of an angel was the last Yongguk saw of Himchan in hell.

 

Twenty six human years later, Yongguk did know when he met Himchan.
He just knew he was the one.

 

 

 

-

Asdfghjkl what happened to the incubus tho I thought we were going to write about an incubus wdf have you done. < my brain at the end of this.

Anyways~ hope you enjoyed ^^
Comments and upvotes always welcomed.

Ive been writing too much Daejae lately.